Search results

1. Brothers boy

Slowly but surely the Panthers gain a second licence for a NRL team .

Dogs have been around forever but penrif only five minutes [emoji56][emoji56]
  2. Brothers boy

News 1979 reggies finals article

Bernie went back to the north coast to resume teaching the following year mate, job security
  3. Brothers boy

Sorry is in duplicate
  4. Brothers boy

Lots of depth back then
  5. Brothers boy

News 1979 semi finals photo

1979 reggies match same weekend lots of depth back then
  6. Brothers boy

News 1979 semi finals photo

Semi final photo from 1979 of the dogs forwards courteousy of rugby league week, beat wests and the sharks and lost the grand final, the original entertainers
  7. Brothers boy

Rumour Kristian Woolf new coach ??

Was told that Kristian Woolf was in Oz the last few days meeting Phillip Gould and some of the Board members , very good coach at St Helens and Tonga, i do not normally post rumors but the aftermath of this meeting was witnessed by a close family member. Could have been a general catch up but...
  8. Brothers boy

News Geoff Robinson - time to help out

Get well Robbo [emoji56][emoji56][emoji120][emoji120]
  9. Brothers boy

News Dogs of war song

Gday , anyone heard the Dogs of War song by blues saraceno , cool song and very applicable to the 1980 s bulldog teams [emoji56][emoji56]
  10. Brothers boy

1980 Reserve Grade Grand Final

Found this photo of the 1980 reserve grade players for those interested
  11. Brothers boy

Thank you mate , i am awaiting a reply from the club apparently they have the last 10 minutes...

Thank you mate , i am awaiting a reply from the club apparently they have the last 10 minutes plus the extra time , i will get back to you if they rescind their offer jimmy
  12. Brothers boy

And i think Greg Sankey scored the winning try
  13. Brothers boy

will do mate in the morning i will let you all know how i go
  14. Brothers boy

Gday , after a copy of the 1980 reserve grade grand final, berries v eels, the best game of footie i have ever seen live . The berries were very much outsiders and won in extra time. Willing to pay good coin for a decent copy. Geoff Connell was coach and Mal Creevey captain. They were a young...
  15. Brothers boy

Nathan Peats

Good solid first grader mate, sharp out of dummy half and threw himself into his defence, but not a rep player
  16. Brothers boy

Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

I had a beer with Chris Anderson at Mudgee a few months ago and he said that the berries will rebuild the club around Klemmer and Jackson .
  17. Brothers boy

Official Bulldogs vs Jets NSW Cup Grand Final - Team List and Discussion Thread

Yeah mate i meant 50 :-)) and his daughter Kandy played today for the rorters womens team
  18. Brothers boy

Official Bulldogs vs Jets NSW Cup Grand Final - Team List and Discussion Thread

Keep an eye on Will Kennedy, the jets fullback, he is a gun player sniffing around the edges, he is the son of former Balmain and country legend Bubba Kennedy who was still playing country footie this year aged around 40. This kid would be a very good get !!
  19. Brothers boy

B Moz to undergo more surgery

Anyone know when Brett Morris,s contract runs out ? personally I dont think that marqee monies should be spent on a back unless he is a gun fullback or playmaker in the halves
  20. Brothers boy

Mbye: I'm the man to keep 'Grub' in line

For those interested foxsports has an article on line about mybe and reynolds
  21. Brothers boy

Corey thompson going to england next year

Corey Thompson has signed a contract to play for Widnes in the ESL next year
  22. Brothers boy

Goodnight Sweetheart...

Would love to comment mearsey but some left wing moderator has painted me as a troll
  23. Brothers boy

Who else still has faith?

would love to comment but with the marxist moderators on this site I have been gagged
  24. Brothers boy

Channel 9- on Frank Pritchard and des hasler

I said this six weeks ago but i'm a troll apparently
  25. Brothers boy

Sack hasler

After this week mate we will be out of the eight in firsts, third last in reggies and last in nyc and second last in the club championship
  26. Brothers boy

Fairweather fans

Would rather be a wooden spooner and have a go than have a bloody good side and miss the eight mate
  27. Brothers boy

Theory : Ennis moving on a catalyst for non performance

Don't really know mate, just from a good source saying that some players. Wish they would do it for us the kennel, the members and supporters who spend a shit load of money each year on apparel. I have travelled a 600 kay round trip this year twice and we got smashed in both . Wish they had the...
  28. Brothers boy

No mate, but it isn't a happy club and hasn/t been since blokes took sides over the barba debacle and then the ennis non signing. Do you think I am full of crap since we have lost four in a row since the ennis signing at the sharks, I know we beat the storm since then but they did it for...
  29. Brothers boy

Been around this forum for a long time and have contacts and all I can say is , read between the lines.........told you blokes so. Not being a smartass , it's the way it is.
  30. Brothers boy

Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth?

Josh Reynolds is and always will be a hooker in the modern game, he would have been a gun five eight twenty years ago
  31. Brothers boy

I think the heading says what I wish to say. We have all played in teams when you had a player you loved to play with and in this team it is apparently, one Michael Ennis. While personally I think that the one year extension was appropriate, Ennis wanted two years. Has this caused a problem...
  32. Brothers boy

Questioning management and structure

You only have to see how much manly have improved in reggies but especially NYC since cleal moved on. About five years in a row manly were dead last in nsw cup and nyc , and I understand concentrating only on the first graders is acceptable and winning a couple of comps is awesome, but bullfrog...
  33. Brothers boy

Hasler HAS to Change Things NOW

Maybe the ability, or lack thereof, of mr hasler as a coach at manly was hidden by a very strong and stable core group of top notchers, cant blame our injury toll have a look at the tigers toll last week. The dogs need a gun fullback and either a world class five eight or half to have any...
  34. Brothers boy

Bulldogs chasing Kurtley Beale

I heard from a source, a good mate, that dugan is coming to the dogs as he has the shits that bennett and boyd are heading back to the steelers. Only what I heard so don't bite my head off. My source is a lifelong dragons supporter, who has a country membership only but has an attachment to the...
  35. Brothers boy

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

( brent crisp info for raysie )My boy brent is playing for the central queensland capras in the queensland comp mate, goen good too
  36. Brothers boy

Phil Gould pours glowing praise on the Bulldogs.

I think this was Andrew Farrar mate, around 1980 or 1981, god bless the bullfrog
  37. Brothers boy

The way the raiders forwards went mearsey even changa or the little master would have been turnstiles mate, at stages he had six blokes running at him
  38. Brothers boy

Bulldogs terminate Fifitas contract

Agreed 100% mate, guarantee that des wanted a male CEO with vast rugby league knowledge. Some of the blokes on this site either make stuff up or only hear what they want to hear
  39. Brothers boy

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 3 | Bulldogs v Panthers

I told you all that we would be one from five at the start of the year, next Melbourne in perth and then away to the rorters. very ordinary first three weeks, badly coached, no leadership and no discipline
  40. Brothers boy

Match Day Thread: Canterbury Bulldogs vs Broncos @ ANZ Stadium

need a halfback and a fullback or it will be like last year all over again.................one from six at the start of the year
  41. Brothers boy

Good memories rainman, the reggies grand final was the best game of footie I have ever seen
  42. Brothers boy

the dragons are circling mybe, if sam Williams doesn't perform early. moses will be going to illawarra
  43. Brothers boy

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Milford is staying at Canberra next year for certain so the broncs will not be releasing Hoffman you would think. Source DT and Fox news
  44. Brothers boy

Hayne rules out Bulldogs move

matty bowen has signed with wigan , so Tomkins will be signing with the warriors in the next few days
  45. Brothers boy

Who played with heart today?

Of the eight semi finalists this week, the dogs were the only team to play without ticker, and after just getting home from a six hour round trip, I will not be wasting my time and money going to a game next year until these clowns start to fire up !!!!!!!!!!
  46. Brothers boy

A little perspective

barba wants to go because he has been offered more money than the dogs are paying him. he is after a fiscal transfer not a compassionate one. the broncs see him as a premium player and want to build their backline around him. end of story
  47. Brothers boy

dogs in big, big trouble

fair point but I am talking the last ten rounds, name me a game when we smashed the opposition, put the foot on the throat, were ruthless ... it hasn't happened. smashed the storm reggies and parra so what ? haven't had a player missing for more than two weeks, other than barba, for the last...
  48. Brothers boy

dogs in big, big trouble

compared to other teams in the top eight, apart from Melbourne, we have had bugger all injuries all year and are under achieving as far as our ladder position goes. we will not win against Canberra in Canberra next Saturday , mainly due to a very short turn around and then we face the bunnies...
  49. Brothers boy

Barba injured as Bulldogs line-up Josh Dugan

sorry, i meant an ex blues dad
  50. Brothers boy

Barba injured as Bulldogs line-up Josh Dugan

exactly mate, i had a beer last night with a former nsw origin player and most players this year thought that dugan was an absolute diskhead. dont need a cancer in the club
  51. Brothers boy

folau resigned with the australian rugby union

gave you my source bud, or can't you read
  52. Brothers boy

Was heard on ABC radio at the completion of the reds and warratahs post game shenanigans. And sorry fellas I should have spelt resign as re sign but i must be the only one on this site that can't spell.... yeah right !!!
  53. Brothers boy

israel folau has resigned with the nsw waratahs for next year
  54. Brothers boy

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

i think that chip makes some good points, but i can't get into this conversation because some of you blokes were having a crack at the manly people last friday for having exactly the same attitude as what you are expressing here
  55. Brothers boy

Carma for Soward

thanks mate, apologies all round
  56. Brothers boy

Carma for Soward

sorry to all. i am in the wrong. one controversy seemingly flows into another and on another subject there are some reports about a kasiano chicken wing tackle early in the second half. thoughts. the media love to disect a berries game
  57. Brothers boy

Carma for Soward

i may be wrong but wasn't the game at wollongong, one of us have our facts wrong and if it was me i aplogise.
  58. Brothers boy

Carma for Soward

wasn't it at win stadium ????
  59. Brothers boy

Ear's the scoop: Graham was whispering sweet nothings

Lets get fair dinkum mate, he bit him and it was stupid to plead not guilty and waste about 4 weeks of his season!!!!!!!!!!
  60. Brothers boy

Where is chip and chase

Anyone know where chip has gone? He was one of about 10 blokes around here i pay any attention to. !!!!!!
  61. Brothers boy

Des Hasler - 2013 Discussion Thread

dognacious gave it to me last week and this week agrees with me.... go figure !!!!!!! ( On the same topic )
  62. Brothers boy

I will add a little bit more. des tried to get williams, wolfman, stewart x 2 , foran and a nyc prop to the dogs and who did we get ? tony williams. dessie had a hot squad at manly, who have only lost bench players over the last ten years. has dessie coached nsw or australia? No , so he can't...
  63. Brothers boy

Rename "The T-Rex"

Hasler came to the dogs early and had a whole year to entice foran, stewart, stewart, williams, wolfman and a nyc prop ( can't remember his name ) , all of whom he wanted at the dogs, and who did we get.................... tony williams only. don't under estimate geoff toovey, he kept manyly...
  64. Brothers boy

I will ask again : Is des hasler over rated I will ask again, is dessie over rated as a coach. read my reasons for this from last week. WOULD FOLKES AND MOORE BE UNDER PRESSURE WITH THE SAME RESULTS THIS YEAR: YOU BET THEY WOULD I know i will cop a hammering but the last two weeks have been...
  65. Brothers boy

Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Match Discussion Thread

fellas, dont chew my head off but my question was, " is dessie over rated ?" I didn't say he was. a lot of you on this site are questioning our injury problems and i agree, we have had our share. but look at every team and they ll have their injury concerns. my main concern is that we had...
  66. Brothers boy

been around this site for longer than you little fella, and i dont think your language is acceptable
  67. Brothers boy

thank you grog dog and nassman. i only want to talk legitimate topics on this site without fear of being labelled a troller. my topic may have been un palatable but was an honest thread, how i feel , and i have an under 23's jumper in my shed, only one, from 1983 and my only foray into grade...
  68. Brothers boy

nassman thank you for you answer, it was a genuine thread i started. t rex had the whole off season to gel with the playing staff, he is a dynamo, what is the problem ?
  69. Brothers boy

this is why this site and the supporters in the minority suck, i just asked a few questions and get slapped down by kids who think thay are mountains but are only molehills. i am not trolling but giving my opinion . i have been a supporter for over forty years, and have started a thread without...
  70. Brothers boy

assassin why ? next week we play the rorters and we will be 1 from 6 . i am not stirring but asking legitimate questions.
  71. Brothers boy

bakes, why? i am asking legitimate questions or are you face palming yourself?
  72. Brothers boy

is dessie overrated Pretty ordinary start to the year eh. last year we were lucky in that we had bugger all injuries and our depth wasn't tested. this year we are being tested and our depth is crap and dessie can't get the best out of them. at manly they had bugger all depth as well, but he...
  73. Brothers boy

Round 4 Team List - Benny is Back

he would not be the first player to pass a fitness test at less than 100 % mate. i am only stating the facts.
  74. Brothers boy

his original injury and fitness are both a concern, he is NOT 100 % and if we were 3 from 3 he wouldn't be playing until next week. Good info mate. Not stirring.
  75. Brothers boy

next week mate, ..................... or this week at 90%. i suppose it's whether dessie thinks he at 90 is better than a reggie at 100 %
  76. Brothers boy

i know for a fact that pritchard is not 100 per cent and may not play this weekend
  77. Brothers boy

Where is john sila this week

Where is the mighty John Sila this week. Has not been named in NYC or reggies ????????????
  78. Brothers boy

After tonight's game who's our weak link?

the weak link ? , probably most of the fair weather supporters we have on this site, five of our grand final team plus turner out and we win against a much improved eels team with a bloody good coach. last week was a great effort against a full strength, fresh and fit top four team . and kris...
  79. Brothers boy

Tony Williams has pulled on the blue and white for the first time as Bulldogs prepar

I told you who it was, now we can all move on ( the reason is home sick )
  80. Brothers boy

Tony Williams has pulled on the blue and white for the first time as Bulldogs prepar

Dont tell anyone at the tele but it's ben teo !!!!
  81. Brothers boy

Man Head is still harping on......

Look dont worry about this woman fellas. she is a drunk, only has a column because she is sleeping with the boss and is friends with paul ( cant fight ) kent and phil ( no trophies yet ) rothfield. She also votes for julia and same sex marriage and is an ambassador for aa. Who cares that she...
  82. Brothers boy

POST OF THE YEAR .........A Call to Arms for All Bulldogs Fans

Three names can answer this thread mate, danny, buzz and beccie. the first thinks he's a mountain but he's only a molehill, the second is halucinating because his team has a bare trophy cupboard and the third is sleeping with the boss .
  83. Brothers boy

Can the dogs smash the eagles at Brookvale ?

I might be in the minority but brookie holds no fears for the dogs, i think it was the last game in 2010 at brookie, swansong for the general and BK. The home team had not been beaten at brookie for a season and a half ( i think ) but the dogs beat them quite convincingly. the dogs will win in...
  84. Brothers boy

Kasiano - How many weeks?

I hope the video review committee read this, rugby league is a body contact sport played at a hundred miles an hour , fui fui was on his knees when he got clipped after glancing off an attempted tolman tackle . it was neither careless or reckless as his arm didn't even bump off the ball or...
  85. Brothers boy

Our greatest ever British player?

How about real english footballers of the 1970's, brian lockwood, mick adams, dougie laughton. they new what to do with a football before and at the line and were as tough as nails.
  86. Brothers boy

whats wrong with this website

what is going on with this website? every second day there is a problem . we must be the laughing stock of many club supporter sites. how about an upgrade?? we' re turning into a chicken outfit.
  87. Brothers boy

Most underrated player over the past 20 years?

good point mate was the best fullback in the comp in 1979 and 1980 and missed the win in 80 due to an injury sustained in the semis unfortunately.
  88. Brothers boy

realise that qld dog but most polls on here are recent and i want us to also remember the good old days as well, you know 3pm footie at a packed belmore, sizing up the corner post as full time neared, abusing opposition players as they went up the tunnel, watching the trains slow down so the...
  89. Brothers boy

the most underrated player of the 70's is a tie between billy noonan, peter cassilles, gary hughes ( didnt play rep footie ? ), mal creevey , norm thomas, phil charlton and the great john peek.:confused:
  90. Brothers boy

Best Bulldogs Fullback of All Time

The late and great garry dowling, he was a ripper !!!!!!!
  91. Brothers boy

N.S.W RESIDENTS V's QLD RESIDENTS.

rip taylor has been a mainstay of the playing and coaching scene in newcastle for many years. he has a wonderful playing and coaching record in that very strong comp and is highly regarded by people such as the johns brothers for his coaching skills. from memory played country firsts some time...
  92. Brothers boy

They used to call us "The Catholics" ...

quite simply gentlemen it is that most players in the 60's and 70's came from brothers ( st johns ), st christophers and of course the grubs at cheso and greenacre who were baptized and had their first communion before playing for the berries
  93. Brothers boy

Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Put me on your cc list too chippy. i'd back your mail over most others anyday!!!!