Search results

1. Spudowsky

Other News Source Kitione Kautoga

I think that’s only half the story. Also Kikau was already signed in June last year
  2. Spudowsky

Yeah the mail I get from this fella is usually on the money. Just took a while
  3. Spudowsky

Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Everyone talking about how many injuries Melbourne have. Throw Thommo and TPJ in and out pack can truly dominate
  4. Spudowsky

Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Agree. Sutton was great
  5. Spudowsky

Opinion Round 1: Patience People - it's not as bad as you think.

Absolutely. I just watched the first half replay we could’ve easily been up 18-6 at ht. If avo passes to flanno and JAC gets a decent bounce we score twice. We never should’ve been scored on as flanno shouldn’t have been sent to the bin
  6. Spudowsky

Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Ciraldo was there when all of these decisions were being made. If Cleary didn’t rate him as a fullback and he was terrible there the first person to know would be CC
  7. Spudowsky

News ‘What do they do?’: Bulldogs’ big Pangai headache as dropped star on ‘crazy money’ goes unwanted

Do they just pull these figures out of their arse. Why are our players always inflated but when it comes to the rorters they’re on pennies
  8. Spudowsky

It’s the same guy that gave me the heads up about Barrett’s press conference before he stood down. That’s why I’ve posted this in the rumour section because it’s not official as of yet
  9. Spudowsky

Backrower I think
  10. Spudowsky

Because the tigers don’t actually know yet
  11. Spudowsky

Keep an eye on this kid debuting for the tigers off the bench this weekend. Just been told we’ve signed him and Gus has massive wraps on the kid.
  12. Spudowsky

Official Team List Round 22 v Warriors + Match Discussion

With Vaughan going to the UK we are going to struggle next season with our go forward. We get dominated every week. Gus better be looking because Sutton alone isn’t going to cut it
  13. Spudowsky

Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

First good thing burtons done all day
  14. Spudowsky

Declan Casey debut

Now the poor bloke is knocked out. Worst debut of all time
  15. Spudowsky

Charlie Staines?

For sure. If avo can be consistent at fb we have a cheap option who can ball play and also plays a bit of eyes up footy
  16. Spudowsky

Opinion Referee for origin 3

I hope not. He’s kept the pee in the whistle to this point. Let the game go for fucks sake
  17. Spudowsky

Charlie Staines?

agree, now I’ve seen avo at fb, he’s class
  18. Spudowsky

Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

I just messaged about re signing him
  19. Spudowsky

Charlie Staines?

He’s definitely better than Dufty, still young and plenty of nrl experience. Wouldn’t mind it
  20. Spudowsky

BACK to BACK spoons

Letting in 34 points against a side who has only averaged 16 a game is not improving
  21. Spudowsky

Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

Yes agree these errors have contributed to us losing games. But last season we had the best completion rate in the comp and did fuck all with it. That lack of creativity is something that a coach needs to address. Our fitness levels also are a major concern with our coach hasn’t addressed. He’s...
  22. Spudowsky

I fear Baz won't get sacked.

My source is a guy who works for channel 7. I hope he’s right too for all of our sakes
  23. Spudowsky

I fear Baz won't get sacked.

Was just told Gus is fronting the board on Monday and Baz could be gone as early as next week.
  24. Spudowsky

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

Josh Jackson is a must in our side. I do agree with many others on here that he stifles our attack but Barrett doesn’t have to run our attack through him, we just need our halves to play first receiver and leave JJ to do what he does best
  25. Spudowsky

Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

Thought Paul Vaughan was excellent tonight. Led our pack with most metres and most post contact metres. Out playing Thompson atm
  26. Spudowsky

Jeremy Marshall King

Still hampers our attack. But credit where it’s due he was massive in defence tonight
  27. Spudowsky

Surely Ben Cummins & the dumb Video ref get dropped?

One of the worst 2nd half refereeing performances I’ve seen and we get dudded every week
  28. Spudowsky

150 players set to enter 50mil auction

Exactly. Halves don’t peak till 26-27 years of age. Fuck people on here have unrealistic expectations.
  29. Spudowsky

If you were Gus, what would you be saying to Baz?

Was interesting hearing Gus on his podcast talk about how much he hates halves that play on different sides of the field and don’t know how to play eyes up footy. Time for Gus to give Baz a coaching 101 lesson
  30. Spudowsky

Some good dogs news coming

Gus has just announced on twitter some good news coming our way this arvo
  31. Spudowsky

Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

I’m not one to usually blame the refs, but today Sutton has clearly changed the game
  32. Spudowsky

Will our defense be up to scratch?

A big part of defence is attitude. If we can string some wins and confidence together our attitude will improve. Another big factor is combinations keeping the same guys on the park and them learning to defend together will be a big help
  33. Spudowsky

Ladder Prediction Comp 2022

1. Penrith 2. Roosters 3. Parramatta 4. Melbourne 5. Souths 6. Manly 7. Cronulla 8. Canterbury 9. Brisbane 10. Canberra 11. Gold Coast 12. Wests Tigers 13. St George 14. Warriors 15. Nth Qld 16. Newcastle
  34. Spudowsky

Addo-Carr target of online racial abuse

Unfortunately our new recruit has been subject to racial abuse online and has reported it to Canterbury and the NRL https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canterbury-bulldogs-josh-addo-carr-racism-social-media-australia-day/2d8f304d-8056-40ac-a052-957adf0584e7
  35. Spudowsky

Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

I just heard the same
  36. Spudowsky

News Brandon Smith breaks silence on Melbourne Storm future

Munster is in the background
  37. Spudowsky

News Inside the rebuilding of Canterbury Bulldogs

If Barrett can’t get the job done with all this support around him, he’ll never coach first grade again
  38. Spudowsky

Opinion Brooks to Dogs ?

Exactly. Give the kid a break. Brooks has had year upon year of failure at WT.
  39. Spudowsky

What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon; Pangai ‘can’t make up his mind’

It’ll be good to finally be on the receiving end of a sacked player and take advantage for a change.
  40. Spudowsky

Dogs fans petition club to keep Lewis

There’s a reason no other club has signed him. He played one good game for fuck sake settle down. We played him in the halves for years and he is a constant disappointment. Give me the petition so I can wipe my arse with it
  41. Spudowsky

Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

Agree. Prefer schoupp then Allen
  42. Spudowsky

Averillo Can not organise!!

A full season for Averillo in the halves, even a losing season is still better for our team as a whole for the future. This season is done so it’s about a successful long term build for us. Simply put Averillo has more promise then Flanagan.
  43. Spudowsky

So who do we put there instead? Flanagan is the only other option and he’s worse
  44. Spudowsky

Media Nonsense re Burton

I don’t remember this kind of behaviour from the media when Thurston signed with the cowboys. If anything they were the exact opposite. Again clearly shows they have a bias towards the dogs
  45. Spudowsky

Wakeham can’t defend in the middle mate
  46. Spudowsky

I can’t believe people on here are asking for Flanagan to come back. Totally agree we have scored more points in the last two rounds then in the majority of the season. Our attack has looked sharper we just need to hang onto the ball and fucking stop missing tackles. Pretty simple
  47. Spudowsky

Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Haha. Was checking what time the game was and saw that too. Hopefully an omen
  48. Spudowsky

Opinion Bulldogs vs The World

Says it all. I can't find the 6 agains against us but I would think we top that list too.
  49. Spudowsky

Opinion Why did we let go of Reimis Smith?

The issue for me is not why we got rid of him because he is average at best. But what did we get from Melbourne in return. Seems like every other club plays hardball with their players except us.
  50. Spudowsky

Off season podcasts (and audio media snippets) on Bulldogs specific topics

Yeah hopefully Baz can do that. He can't be judged this early into his tenure. Reni also mentions reading comments from a certain forum which I can only assume is tk
  51. Spudowsky

Off season podcasts (and audio media snippets) on Bulldogs specific topics

Reni's comments on Des are very interesting. His perspective is one of the culture of our club pre Hasler and then coming back during the Des era. It seems Des ripped the real Bulldogs mentality straight out of our great club and we are still paying for it now.
  52. Spudowsky

Opinion Best team from the players we have let go since des hasler got here to now

Did we end up getting anything from Melbourne for Remis Smith?
  53. Spudowsky

Flanno is a fraud

He's the Michael Lichaa of halfbacks
  54. Spudowsky

Opinion Switching teams

I'll never switch teams.. just switching off
  55. Spudowsky

BULLDOGS VS 15 NRL TEAMS

As many have said our biggest issue is our 9. But in saying that can Barrett and co get something more out of JMK. We know he has speed and with that the ability to run out of dummy half and create chances. It doesn't look like we will get a hooker before the season starts but if our coaching...
  56. Spudowsky

Phil Gould

I actually thought Joey was more biased against us tonight
  57. Spudowsky

Reimis Smith and DWZ

They're both playing out of position and getting picked one week and not the other.
  58. Spudowsky

Broncos Chasing Foran

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/nrl-news-2020-trade-whispers-brisbane-broncos-canterbury-bulldogs-kieran-foran-injury-update-latest-transfers-rumours/news-story/15f43b8687bd0020f65ce43367fcd19b
  59. Spudowsky

Jahrome Hughes vs our halves

Good point Captain. Yeah Melbourne have always been renowned for turning avg players into stars. I think having a capt coach like Cam Smith out on the field really helps with confidence and development in game situations. Not having a reserve grade comp this year hasn't helped someone like a...
  60. Spudowsky

The forgotten man nrl rumours

Fuck me.. this guy thinks he's TK own Qanon
  61. Spudowsky

Opinion Blake Green

Is it also a coincidence it's around the same time Benji Marshall is looking for a new club
  62. Spudowsky

Social Media Brandon Smith

Exactly.. and Melbourne don't have a habit of releasing good players.
  63. Spudowsky

The Rugby League Digest Podcast

Yeah just had a listen. Great episode. The story about the late train for Terry lambs last game a Belmore.. haha
  64. Spudowsky

News NRL Rich 100: Top salaries for the highest paid players in 2020

These figures are crap. It was reported at the time Angus Crichton signed a 2.7 mil over 3 year contract with the rorters. 1 mil 2019 and 850k for 20 and 21.
  65. Spudowsky

Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

Hopefully he came cheap.. but a better option than what we have atm.
  66. Spudowsky

Keep, lean towards, lean against and punt

The only player on that list that other clubs seem interested in is Adam Elliot, our club is too stupid to see that and low balled his offer. Wakeham and RFM have already re signed. Other clubs don't want the dregs that are left and nor should we
  67. Spudowsky

Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Agree.. I haven't seen enough of Wakeham, does he have a long kicking game because that's the only reason I can see Pay putting Lewis ahead of him. Also Ogden in for Britt, he played 27 minutes against the dragons and made 16 tackles and missed 6. This guy is a DUD!!!
  68. Spudowsky

Dogs are Down - the daily Telegraph (what's the buzz)

He's dessys assistant at manly
  69. Spudowsky

Opinion Josh Jackson

Again it's about balance, if we had some big mobile attacking back rowers with an offload then JJ is the solid defensive player every team needs. Unfortunately he's a toiler in a pack of toilers
  70. Spudowsky

Rebuilding the Bulldogs

One of our biggest issues is keeping the same halves on the park. We have used something like 20+ halves combos in the past 2-3 years. Foran and Reynolds will be injured half the time, Morris has a year or two at best left in him. Milford is too inconsistent. JMK has had enough time to show us...
  71. Spudowsky

News Dean Pay’s future ‘on Bulldogs radar’ as Kent fumes he was set up to fail

Exactly.. forget recruitment, salary cap all these things are limited because of the position the club is in. What Pay can control is who runs out on the field and in what position, and in this he is failing
  72. Spudowsky

Opinion Future halves

What they will both benifit from is a fit Keiran Foran to play alongside and gain much needed experience.
  73. Spudowsky

Opinion #BringJRBack

I've always like Reynolds as well. He had great passion and was the ultimate team man. Problem is we are trying to rebuild, that game time and experience needs to be given to the likes of Wakeham and Averillo for us to really rebuild.
  74. Spudowsky

Opinion #BringJRBack

Reynolds is not a creative half, why do you think Des changed the structure of our attack and used Graham as our ball player.
  75. Spudowsky

Opinion #BringJRBack

No to Reynolds, we need creativity. Foran and Wakeham are the best options we have with averillo stepping in when forans busted
  76. Spudowsky

News Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay facing axe ahead of St George Illawarra Dragons clash

What roster is he fucking building he's brought over two unwanted plodders in Stimson and Britt, that money could have been better spent in chasing Curtis Scott or even George Williams
  77. Spudowsky

News Bulldogs focus on Wakeham, Foran as prospect of Reynolds return fades

Let's see if Foran can get through a game first before we even worry about a deal for next year. The balls in our court there's not going to be many clubs knocking down the door to sign him
  78. Spudowsky

Tuesday Treats: Jarrod McCracken

Super league saved us as a stand alone club. The ARL had plans to merge us with western suburbs that's why Bullfrog signed us up straight away and McCracken and the other traitors signed as well, until they realised they could get more signing with the ARL. McCracken was quoted as saying he...
  79. Spudowsky

The Rugby League Digest Podcast

I've been listening to this podcast over the last couple of weeks, it takes a extremely comprehensive look at the Super league war going into massive detail. Chapter 9 - What Bullfrog knew part 1 and 2 are a must listen for any Bulldogs fan. The hosts are pretty funny and very knowledgeable...
  80. Spudowsky

Bulldogs Live To Fight Another Week

Knights are a basket case at the moment so a titans win isn't out of the question.
  81. Spudowsky

Opinion Give Dean Pay a contract next year

Credit where credits due. I don't think there's any other coach in the comp that gets our roster in the top 8. The attitude he has instilled in our team over the last month has shown in our defence.
  82. Spudowsky

Opinion Suli

Because we didn't have DCE, tommy turbo and manase fainu
  83. Spudowsky

News Price wants to help Dogs

There's plenty bagging pricey for leaving the dogs. We're not sure of the circumstances remember we had massive salary cap issues around that time and simply could not fit everyone in. Maybe he wanted to stay but the cap didn't allow it
  84. Spudowsky

RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

We tried back in 2002 and look what happened
  85. Spudowsky

RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

How the fuck can the NRL let this shit continue. To think that the TPA list came out last year and the roosters apparently only spend 275k on TPA. What a rort
  86. Spudowsky

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Actually think JMK is having one of his best games running from dummy half, we just need a fullback backing up on the inside
  87. Spudowsky

Meaney and Marshall king

Lichaa and JMK have been given ample opportunity to perform. Although I’m not the greatest fan of Nu Brown he hasn’t been given anywhere near the same opportunity week in week out to show us anything. It couldn’t hurt giving him a couple of games in the top grade
  88. Spudowsky

Opinion What's wrong with the dogs?

I’ve tried to give Pay a chance. But he can’t keep blaming our young inexperienced roster. Manly and Canberra had poorer more inexperienced rosters when we played them and we were beaten by better game plans by better coaches. Pay is the problem that needs to be fixed.
  89. Spudowsky

Goodbye frawley

You can throw all the stats in the world at us but basically he doesn’t bring anything to the side. A decent half will demand the ball and take control, he doesn’t do either. He is the most ineffective halfback in the comp it’s that simple. How about a stat on how many times he actually touches...
  90. Spudowsky

Goodbye frawley

Thank god he’s gone. Only thing he knows how to do is kill our momentum.
  91. Spudowsky

Name a Random NRL Player

Charlie Tonga
  92. Spudowsky

Quick play the balls

This is something I really took notice of in the roosters game. Graham Tolman and Klemmer consistently were put to the ground on their backs, tolman is the worst because he goes into the tackle backwards and without an offload he's easy pickings.