Search results

1. Mr Patwa

Parker says laughter contains Menace

Not sure if this has been posted : If it has then please merge : Good read JUST laugh - that's Corey Parker's advice to Broncos teammates in the likely event Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis will sledge them. The NRL's "Ennis the Menace" got under the skin of Nathan Hindmarsh a fortnight ago...
  2. Mr Patwa

Halatau back in Dogs mix

ALL eyes may be on the No. 6 showdown between new recruit Kris Keating and Ben Roberts, but another Bulldogs player is hoping to make his own little mark on coach Kevin Moore tonight. Dene Halatau arrived at Canterbury with big expectations last year only for injury to limit him to eight...
  3. Mr Patwa

Bulldogs star Jamal Idris reveals the extent of his eyesight problems

AT times, they were simply shadowy figures looking to take him to ground. He couldn't make out their faces, could hardly see what colour jersey they were wearing. "My eyesight was shocking," Jamal Idris said. "At night I could hardly see a thing. I didn't know who I was running at until...
  4. Mr Patwa

Dogs say no to Idris discus bid

CANTERBURY coach Kevin Moore has ruled the demands of the NRL far too great for Bulldogs colossus Jamal Idris to try to create sports history by playing first grade and competing at the Olympics. World-renowned discus coach Dennis Knowles wants Idris, who competed at the junior world...
  5. Mr Patwa

Belief high in 'Dogs kennel

Canterbury's motivation for stopping the growing Parramatta juggernaut at ANZ Stadium on Friday night is simple - they know if they make the NRL finals, they can do some damage. Aiming to become a late season juggernaut themselves, the improving Bulldogs need to win all seven of their...
  6. Mr Patwa

Bulldogs vs Storm Preview and comments :

Canterbury-Bankstown v Melbourne Storm, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7.30pm (EST) The Adjudicator says: "I like the NRL's approach to this one; they certainly have done their best to brush up on the local sporting culture. Identifying the 2010 success stories of Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide in...
  7. Mr Patwa

some facts regarding our stats :

just something i came across on the NRL website http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59139/is-this-the-stat-which-could-derail-the-titans/default.aspx Perhaps the other big surprise is the Bulldogs, who rank fourth with just 1.38 tries conceded a match from close –...
  8. Mr Patwa

Mid-Season Review: Canterbury Bulldogs

Position after 13 rounds: 14th Wins: 3 Losses: 9 Byes: 1 Points: 8 Differential: -30 IF you’d asked anyone at the start of the season where the Bulldogs would be sitting after 12 rounds, 14th and on the same points to have them equal second-last would not have been the answer. In fact, a...
  9. Mr Patwa

Brett Kimmorley under the microscope ahead of Wests Tigers clash

Brett Kimmorley will be playing for his Origin survival as well as Canterbury's finals hopes when his side takes on Wests Tigers and his coach likes it that way. While Kevin Moore is not pleased Kimmorley is being used as one of the scapegoats for NSW's State of Origin I loss last week, he...
  10. Mr Patwa

Peter Sterling: Is Jamal Idris ready for Origin?

Is Jamal Idris the Blues' X-Factor? See what his NSW teammates have to say... Based on what we saw from Jamal Idris in the opening month of the season, he certainly didn’t appear to be on course to make his NSW Origin debut in May. Don’t get me wrong - he wasn’t particularly poorly, he...
  11. Mr Patwa

All REP FOOTY articles & discussion regarding Bulldogs Players

Please post them on this thread. Stats Insider: City v Country by the numbers After four straight State of Origin series losses, this season’s City v Country clash has extra significance for New South Wales hopefuls. Every year someone debates the purpose and relevance of this clash –...
  12. Mr Patwa

Eels v Bulldogs Preview

Eels v Bulldogs ANZ Stadium Friday, 7.35pm There’s been no love lost between Parramatta and Canterbury-Bankstown over the years – there have been plenty of finals games played between them and plenty of edge-of-your-seat action played out. This Friday night’s game promises to be no...
  13. Mr Patwa

Bulldogs vs Broncos - Pre-match News (Hodgo likely to return)

CANTERBURY are in line for a major boost ahead of tomorrow night's NRL clash against Brisbane with veteran prop Michael Hodgson set to make a surprise return from injury. Despite not being named in the side earlier this week, Hodgson trained strongly in the team's final training run on Thursday...
  14. Mr Patwa

Turner: Bulldogs deserved a rocket

This week’s special guest on NRL.com chat is Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs winger, Steve Turner. The former premiership winner and NSW Blues representative will be online this Thursday to give us an inside view on the Bulldogs' slow start to the season, as well their plans to turn it around...
  15. Mr Patwa

Wests Tigers v Bulldogs Preview

Wests Tigers v Bulldogs SFS Friday 7.35pm The Wests Tigers head into this clash with the Bulldogs with confidence, having won four of their five 2010 encounters; their only slip against the Roosters in sweltering conditions. Though they suffered a huge blow losing halfback Tim Moltzen for...
  16. Mr Patwa

Youngsters not tough enough: Brett Kimmorley

CANTERBURY star Brett Kimmorley yesterday claimed an increase in the Toyota Cup age group from under-20s to under-22s would help end the NRL's crippling injury crisis. The Daily Telegraph revealed this week more than 100 regular NRL players have been injured during the opening five rounds...
  17. Mr Patwa

When did you start supporting the Bulldogs ???

Hi All I have made a few posts and threads on this forum and i have always wondered what made people start supporting the bulldogs. Well my story is that i came to Australia 8 years ago for work reasons and settled in. Had no idea about NRL but back in 2005 when i had a chance to go to a SOO...
  18. Mr Patwa

Kimmorley to give rival his taste of Origin

"TALK, tackle, kick." It's the Brett Kimmorley blueprint that saved NSW from a State of Origin whitewash in game three last year. As he goes into the blockbuster against the unbeaten Roosters at ANZ Stadium, the Bulldogs No. 7 has told how he intends to call on his Origin battle plan to...
  19. Mr Patwa

Titans scandal casts a cloud on Hannant deal

BEN Hannant could be forced to play out his contract at the Bulldogs, with the Gold Coast Titans' salary cap scandal throwing his bid to join the club into disarray. Hannant is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2011, but he says he is homesick and wants to return to Queensland...
  20. Mr Patwa

Prince warns of disharmony over Hannant

Gold Coast Titans captain Scott Prince says the club must kill off speculation of a deal with the Bulldogs to secure representative prop Ben Hannant before it creates disharmony among players. Origin and Test prop Hannant has asked the Bulldogs for a release from his three-year contract so he...
  21. Mr Patwa

FANTASY BULLDOGS TEAM : Just for fun

I just had a thought and here it is.. Say the bulldogs management approach you and ask you what team would you like for next week... You have to select from the group of players we have doesn't matter if they are injured or whatever grade they are playing and you can have them in anyposition you...
  22. Mr Patwa

Dragons v Bulldogs Preview

Dragons v Bulldogs WIN Stadium Friday 7.35pm Nervous bookmakers would have been twiddling in the premiership odds for Wayne Bennett’s Dragons after last week’s disciplined 16-12 away win over the Eels. The Red V ravaged their opposition with nearly 400 more metres of territory (1404 to...
  23. Mr Patwa

Greg Alexander predicts bulldogs to finish at number 6 this year

source : http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26800070-5018866,00.html 2010 NRL premiership season preview with Brandy: Canterbury-Bankstown By Sean Miller foxsports.com.au March 07, 2010 Foxsports.com.au and Greg Alexander bring you all you need to know about Canterbury-Bankstown...
  24. Mr Patwa

Proud to be a bulldog " A FAMILY CLUB "supporter

This article shows why we are a true genuine family club : source : http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/kimmorley-settled-with-new-family-at-bulldogs-20100227-pa4i.html Kimmorley settled with new family at Bulldogs ADRIAN PROSZENKO February 28, 2010 SHARNIE KIMMORLEY...
  25. Mr Patwa

Bulldogs learn new NRL tricks for 2010

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/57712/bulldogs-learn-new-nrl-tricks-for-2010/default.aspx Canterbury may have lost the element of surprise, but veteran halfback Brett Kimmorley believes the Bulldogs have enough new tricks up their sleeve to remain an NRL...
  26. Mr Patwa

Ennis is rated for the Dally M

3. Get on Ennis for the Dally M Darkhorse ... Ennis on the verge of great things. Gregg Porteous After four clubs in his first seven seasons, it's easy to forget Michael Ennis is only 25 and yet to play his best football. After finding a home at Canterbury-Bankstown and thriving in...
  27. Mr Patwa

What do we need to do to win the comp

I have been thinking every single day what can we do this year that is different from last year to win the comp. Should we change the team or the way we play or is it the interchange options we need to focus on. Should we change the captaincy or divide it. I think the 17 players for the first...
  28. Mr Patwa

HISTORY OF BULLDOGS - Interesting read from Wikipedia

source " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Bulldogs_Rugby_League_Football_Club " Origin The Canterbury-Bankstown region in Sydney's outer southwest had a thriving rugby league culture and local competition in the 1920s and 30s and had applied repeatedly to join the Sydney...
  29. Mr Patwa

Kimmorley's future uncertain after 2010

Brett Kimmorley's future with the Bulldogs beyond this season is uncertain with coach Kevin Moore admitting the halfback is entering the back-end of his career. Moore hasn't ruled out keeping the NSW Origin player on beyond 2010 however, saying negotiations with the halfback are ongoing...