Search results

1. J

Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Ennis is right about the constant block plays, we just do it so mechanically and create no space, we will do it and realise everyone is marked up on and do it anyway. JMK and Frawley are just reserve grade standard end of story they will never be good enough to operate as winning halves in any...
  2. J

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Got to give Dean more time, the squad still has bad habits from the Des era, they just aren't playing footy and still look too structured and lost when they are in "good ball" area. The the second phase play and support play with players pushing up is limited and I think a hangover from the Des...
  3. J

Lacking momentum and enthusiasm.

Our timing is off, the guys dont run onto the ball full steam, no one pushes up to support therefore giving the defense something else to think about and take the attention off the ball carrier, and when we have both Tolman and Elliott on at the same time there is no go forward. Elliott looks...
  4. J

KLEMMER

Opposition know that he will never offload or pass and just get three people in on him all the time, he never fights to free his arms for an offload and has been getting dominated by the defense, Woods going ok, the defense hangs off him because he has an offlaod, and are busy trying to contain...
  5. J

Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

I coached against him when he was in the Harold Matts, Cogger and Lamb were the best kids in the comp and would tear teams apart, you could see their potential then... he's played great in the 20s and has enormous potential. Teams wouldn't put a halves combo under 20 years old (Cogger and Lamb)...
  6. J

Bulldogs in crisis: Club great Steve Mortimer says he’ll quit if Des Hasler gets contract extension

Turvey needs a lesson in confidentiality, it is absolutely unprofessional for a board member to discuss the agenda of board meetings to the public - look what it has done it has turned the club into prey for the media. These decision no matter which way they go should be made swiftly and...
  7. J

Tolman Disease

Its a Des problem because it has become part of the way we play. The side has been trained to hold possession and not think about offloads and second phase, therefore the support play is non existent and players are not looking for the offloads. The good teams are able to have high completion...
  8. J

Tolman Disease

I agree, Klemmer makes great runs, he is hard to stop and keeps going after contact - he just needs to pop an offload every now and then and that will complete his attack - he used to do it a lot coming into first grade but an offload now is rare. Additionally we have been so programmed to not...
  9. J

Tolman Disease

Yep, Tolman catches the ball flat footed, has no speed and cant make metres after impact - most often gets pushed back in attack and defence. I don't care that he does a lot of work, it doesn't count if it is not effective
  10. J

we have no X-factor

We just don't play a very good style of football. We have next to no second phase play, Kasiano is the only one that offloads and even those are limited due to lack of support. He gets his nose through the line and no one is pushing up to support. Most players are setting up for the next play...
  11. J

Des under fire

12. J

Tony Williams Wants To Stay With Bulldogs

he played great last night, I would have in our side next year. The problem he had was there was a period where he was intent on being an 80min player which he never is or will be, his current impact role from the bench suits him
  13. J

Tolman : 223 m + 42 tackles + 0 miss tackles

There is no way he ran 200+ metres, there were many 2-3 metre runs and he always takes the ball flat footed and never on the run, no leg speed and no post contact metres like Klemmer, Kasiano and Graham
  14. J

Lichaa

Lichaa is getting better, I also agree that our forwards need to be supporting him more and moving up taking the ball on the advantage rather than waiting flat footed for the ball (last game it was only Klemmer, Kasiano and Jackson timing their runs and taking the ball on the burst). If the...
  15. J

Should we ditch Graham and Tolman?

Graham and Tolman play similar type of game, both work horse props except Graham is more dynamic, he makes better metres, defends better and has a pass - admittedly he needs to limit his passing game but it does come in handy, he had the line break assist for Perret in yesterdays game. In...
  16. J

RFM

I totally agreed are attack is extremely flat footed and there is no one looking, it has really damaged the second phase play where it is non-existent or ineffective. I also think it impacts the way Liccha plays, whenever he looks to get out of dummy half and run he is left stranded
  17. J

RFM

He has a great offload, but I have a feeling this will be coached out of him...
  18. J

Michael Lichaa is our problem!!

I thought Liccha had a better game against the Eels than his previous couple, he actually ran the ball a couple of times and got out of dummy half looking for someone to run and hit the advantage line - its not his fault most of our forwards are flat footed and don't run onto the ball (except...
  19. J

Is anyone else as annoyed with Lichaa?

I think he is just lacking confidence, he has darted out of dummy half once or twice and immediately stops and looks to pass with no one supporting instead of taking the defence on and getting a quick play the ball. he doesn't get out of dummy enough to allow his team mates to believe that he is...
  20. J

It's officially time for Klemmer to start

I agree Klemmer absolutely needs to start. Tolman doesn't have the power to match it with fresh strong props. He always gets dominated in attack and defence. He never puts a hit on in defence, makes first contact then gets dragged for another 3-5 metres and has a quick play the ball put on him...
  21. J

Importance of a hooker

When Lichaa first came to us he was getting out of the ruck and looking for players to hit up on him, even trying to run a little bit. Im not sure if it is loss of confidence from his injuries or he has been instructed by the coaching staff but now he just seems to just get to half and pass...
  22. J

A team of former Bulldogs never to play first grade

Mansour never played for the dogs, he was in the SG Ball summer squad - got cut, then went to an open trial for the North Sydney Bears NSW cup side - impressed at the trial and from there went into the South Sydney under 20s team
  23. J

A team of former Bulldogs never to play first grade

Watmough was a Manly junior all the way through
  24. J

For sale: Best unsigned 16 NRL players ahead of season 2016

I wouldn't mind Isaac John as a depth signing - he is happy playing in reserve grade and has had enough first grade experience to do a decent job as injury cover. The other depth signing we should look at is Clint Gutherson - just released by Manly he should some promise in the couple of first...
  25. J

Hasler & Cook.

Granville took many years to perform as he is now. Recruiting Lichaa was the right move, $330k is not at the top end of salaries, its right in the middle where he is at the moment.... It was the smart thing to do, recruit a promising young talent that has another 10 years of first grade ahead of him
  26. J

Hasler & Cook.

I dont get the people bagging Lichaa, at the very least he does a lot of work and makes his tackles - nothing wrong with that, upside is he develops a great running/attacking game. He is a solid first grader that does his job. He turned 22 this year so lets see how he goes next year after now...
  27. J

Ladder Predictor on NRL.com (We Finish 8th or Miss the 8)

To make the top 4 we need to win the last tow games by come good margins 13+ and we need the sharks to loose at least one game and the bunnies to loose at least one game
  28. J

Lafai Perret right side

Lafai, doesn't get the ball with enough time... he receives the ball and is already crowded with defenders... The same can be said all over the park, BMoz doesn't get the ball with enough time either...
  29. J

David Klemmler vs Gorden Tallis boxing match?

This would be horrible to watch, two novice boxers swinging like windmills with no boxing skill shown as ppv.... really stupid idea
  30. J

State of Origin: Trent Hodkinson outplays Daly Cherry-Evans

I thought he was solid and showed improvement, the timing of his passes to the outside guys (Hoffman and Jennings) allowed them a bit of space and got them good metres. His own two runs at least looked a little threatening which is a massive improvement. He was solid without being outstanding...
  31. J

Bulldogs snub Sezer again

He is a great player, didn't know that he had an attitude problem before reading the posts here so that might have been a consideration from us. But purely based on football ability he is a great half and I think he would be a better combo with Mbye. He is a great kicker and organiser that...
  32. J

Lane debut

He looked good, just needs to up his energy in defense
  33. J

Tony Williams: Torn Pec - Out For The Season

People are critical of T-Rex because they expect so much more of him and he has the potential to be a lot better. Regardless this is a loss, at the very least he is an experienced and solid first grader. I think we will miss him this year
  34. J

Reynolds /Mbye permanent halves?

All young halves struggle a bit with defense when they first come into FG, in saying that Mbye defence is not noticeably bad, when Thurston was coming through he was a very bad defender but look at him now. I agree Mbye should stay in the halves he is looking better and better the more games he...
  35. J

Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Thurston is big on the run stats also because his support play is excellent, if Hodko is hesitant taking on the line at the very least please provide some support and back up the players that get their noses through the line or hit it off Lichaa when he gets out of dummy
  36. J

Reynold's discussion

Its the sign of a poor defender... doesn't want to put his body on the line so sticks his leg out, I know he was wrong footed but if you have that sort of mentality you don't get your body in the right position in the first place. He has done it too many times for it to be an accident
  37. J

No players in kangaroos

More disappointing thing is we have no representatives in the junior kangaroos
  38. J

Frank Pritchard

Part of T-Rex's lacklustre performance against the Tigers has to be attributed to our halves. The Tigers have probably the worst defending halves in the comp, the one time our halves managed to isolate them, Frank Pritchard scores an easy try (Moses), we should have been doing that all game from...
  39. J

Michael Lichaa and Tim Browne

Lichaa very good, now someone please support him, he has the defence on their heels every time he get out of the ruck, just needs a player to be hitting a hole or running at pace on the advantage line
  40. J

Mbye wants Reynolds’ No.6 shirt — but how long will he wait?

Lock is a very different position to when we had Anasta at lock, in those times a lock was still a kind of roaming playmaker... The fullback is now the roaming playmaker and a lock is a middle player pretty much the same as a prop. Reynolds can not play lock, he is never dominant in defence and...
  41. J

Mbye wants Reynolds’ No.6 shirt — but how long will he wait?

The way I see it, we already know what Reynolds and Hodkinson can do, if either of them leave I think there is a very small risk that their talent will explode and they will become the type of players JT, Joey, Cronk etc are... Mbye with only 15 games into FG and limited time in his preferred...
  42. J

Dogs halves face pressure from within

Play him in the halves, he needs to be there and will develop and get better, Hodko with all his injuries is too slow to be any threat to the defence
  43. J

Tony Williams

With the way the Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses tackle T-Rex should have a field day on Friday night....here's hoping!
  44. J

Our round 8 team vs the Tigers

I rate Lloyd Perrett highly, he is onlyu young and will keep improving, just needs to sharpen a few things up (he is slow getting off the ground for both play the balls and defence to marker) but he has good carries and a decent pass
  45. J

Josh Reynolds starting tomorrow

I thought Moses was just starting to get some real confidence in the halves, looked to be our only half that threatened the line and had the defence backing away at times.... this will just disrupt him. We should stick with him as starting half. Reynolds just runs around and no other team mates...
  46. J

Lichaa/Moses/Reynolds Experiment

Lichaa was looking good he should not have been taken off, he now just needs players to attack gaps and run onto the ball when he gets out and with a bit of space. He should play 80 mins. I thought Mbye was starting to have one of his better games at the start with him in the halves then it got...
  47. J

Canterbury's Moses Mbye hopes Bulldogs halves don't play for Blues in State of Origin

Mbye still looks like he is lacking a bit of confidence in first grade to take the game head on, that is why he is not running the ball often and still doesn't demand the ball when he may see something, still playing with in structure. This will come with time I guess, the good play makers get...
  48. J

Michael Lichaa

He has been excellent, he has shown real spark out of dummy half and is getting out looking to put guys through holes. I think the other players will start supporting him more and we will start to get a good roll and quick play the balls. I for one am not missing Ennis at all, his best dummy...
  49. J

Positives to take into round 2

Kasiano was great, makes good metres and creates with offloads. Looked fitter and played well in tough conditions. Positive start by Lichaa, his passing looks sharp, he is quick out of the ruck and defence looked solid. He will get better and better
  50. J

Not as annoying as Ennis, but Michael Lichaa fitting in just fine

The problem with Ennis was he would only scoot to try and milk a penalty, that is running straight into the markers and if he wasn't awarded one would only make half a metre. Very negative play. Good dummy half runners like Luke will run to make metres, break the line, scatter the ruck and get...
  51. J

Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

Move Tolman on then, Id rather Finucane to Tolman. We already have the work horse high minute player in Graham and I think Klemmer can develop to play big minutes, plus another promising young prop in Perret.
  52. J

Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

We need Pritchard, we need Kas and we should keep Finucane. We should trim off O'Hanlon and Tim Browne. Don't really need Browne as Perrett and Klemmer fill this roll and once Pritchard retires Finucane gets more game time.
  53. J

Pat O'Hanlon

had an excellent game last night, they way he was constantly pushing forward (especially off the ball) was what gives us space
  54. J

James Graham for captain

Ennis had one of the worst games in a finals series since Paul Cariage...
  55. J

Pritchards wife racially abused by Manly fans

It's really terrible and unacceptable, from people from an area of Sydney that view themselves as upper class (typified by making assumptions such as "go back to centerlink) they have really showed no class at all. Manly have always been like this and just want to isolate themselves in their...
  56. J

Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

his defence on the line was shocking last night
  57. J

After tonight's game who's our weak link?

TRex just looked flat - he is not a 80min player, but he is still a good player and I think he will show it at some point this season. He will benefit from Pritchard coming back and getting breaks will improve his quality
  58. J

Has Matt orford signed with us??

Matt Orford is assistant coach at Wyong Roos who have entered 2013 NSW cup
  59. J

Timoteo Lafai - 2012 Discussion Thread

I'm dissappointed for Lafai, I thought he was playing really well. he has a great ability to break the line and I think he has enormous potential. He was playing well last year as well
  60. J

T-Rex Signs with Dogs!

I think Stagg wont be resigned
  61. J

Michael Ennis - 2012 Discussion Thread

Ennis has been rubbish, his running game is non existent - he only runs if he thinks he can get a penalty and is therefore not effective, that shouldnt be your frame of mind. He misses tackles, doesnt position his forwards with his passing to get them poking their nose through and getting quick...
  62. J

Where do the improvements need to occur ?

I agree with the comments saying the problem is mostly in the halves... for me it begins with the kicking game - Hodkinson doesn't seem to be able to get us good field position with his kicking game, put simply he just can't kick that far (I'm sure it is something he can improve with training...
  63. J

katsidis

Vic is a great and exciting fighter, but Marquez is a huge name, thats why I said it was the biggest fight of an aussie since Fenech or Kostya. Darchinyan hasnt really faced the same level as someone like marquez.... Donaire was probably his toughest and he got knocked out. Although the...
  64. J

katsidis

Katsidis was thoroughly beaten in every round apart from the one he knocked marquez down in (round 3). That said Marquez will most likely go down as one of the best light weights in the history of boxing...Kats did have him hurt with the knock down but this guys experience and endurance is...
  65. J

2010 NSWRL Team of the Year

Browne should get more FG time
  66. J

Moore fronts firing squad at a Night with the coach

thats what they are looking to do and what they should be doing but reading that article all I could hear was Moore making excuses...fancy saying we played poorly because we were too relaxed at the start... what is that??
  67. J

Moore fronts firing squad at a Night with the coach

excuses... we had a crap year cos Moore continually persisted with ****e players such as Warburton, we need a dominating pack again
  68. J

The Consolidated Boxing Thread

this article is easily the most ridiculous thing ive heard in boxing...
  69. J

Bulldogs have signed Ryan Tandy

i like this signing and i think he is a good player and will add to the team, however I agree with the comments regarding Browne, I think he should be given more of a go and more minutes to see what he can do in FG.... sort of reminds me of when we had Glen Hall, he showed alot of promise at the...
  70. J

Round 12 team named

top team
  71. J

Foster & Romelo...

i just hope nobody forgets tim browne...with some time in fg he can become a very good player..
  72. J

Come on Katsidis! that is going to be a war!
  73. J

Pavlik now decided he is moving up to 168 or even 175... he says he can't make 160 effectively anymore... also he is not re-matching Martinez... Marinez should now rematch Williams at 154 or Cotto if he wins at 154
  74. J

Barca branch into rugby league

Barca branch into rugby league Don't expect to see Lionel Messi scooting out from dummy-half or Xavi doing the hard yards up the middle, but rugby league has received a boost with the news that Barcelona have launched a team in the Catalan Rugby League Championship. Barcelona's sporting...
  75. J

Sturm vacated the belt, I dont think he is fighting anymore or until he sorts out some sort of legal or promotional issues that he has. This is why Mundine and Golovkin are suppose to fight for the vacant belt
  76. J

the pruse on that was $1.21M to be split 50 - 50, the purse bid was won by Top Rank and Epic Sports Management so they have all the rights to the fight... i doubt Mundine signs on for this although I hope he suprises us all...
  77. J

Great fight this week...if anyone can remember Paul Williams V Sergio Martinez fight of the year in Dec 09 and when Martinez was robbed to receive a draw against Cintron (after Cintron being counted out in the 7th); this fight this weekend shapes up to be a good one
  78. J

the bloke is good... he is just not that exciting to watch... I agree he beats pacman
  79. J

Canterbury-Bankstown are looking to recruit Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson

Trent Hodkinson would be a great buy.. he is quality, regardless of whether he was picked in City because Wallace and Pearce were out it is still an achievement and it is still rep footy... He was QLD cup player of the year last year.. there are not many natural half backs out there and I...
  80. J

Farah or Ennis for Blues? Why the jury is still out...

Farah is a much better player than Ennis in all facets of the game. He has a better running game, better passing game and is better defensively - makes more tackles and misses less tackles.
  81. J

Sergio Martinez V Kelly Pavlik this Saturday night.
  82. J

Greg eastwood and our forwards

Spot on! I agree that Armit offers more than Hodgeson and should start and I also thought Tim Browne had a good debut and shows alot of potential, i think he will get better with more FG experience and more game time...he made a couple of strong runs vs the warriors, very promising
  83. J

Backrow weaknesses

he didnt do it last year when we were getting good go forward either...and he doesn't create alot around the ruck. i just think he is below the top hookers in the comp and always has been. what he does bring is enthusiasm and fitness
  84. J

YOUR lineup vs wests tigers

Agreed. Armit is solid, no fuss no mistakes and a decent first grader
  85. J

Backrow weaknesses

This assesment of ennis is spot on.... he is not a good dummy half runner and is too mechanic in his plays - always that inside ball into the ruck, his dummy half running is not effective, never line breaks or half breaks for quick play the ball. He is well below the other hookers in the comp -...
  86. J

Michael Ennis 2010 Discussion Thread

he is not a good dummy half runner, he doesn't do it enough and it is not effective when he does it...
  87. J

Bulldogs v Rabbitohs Player Match Up's

on form this season you would have to say Isaac Luke is playing better than Ennis
  88. J

conspiracy theories

climate change, airport scanners, swine flu, false flag terrorism, Barry Soetoro etc
  89. J

Centre Options.

Ben Roberts is a good option at centre..
  90. J

NRL Players from other teams that supported the Dogs growing up

Steve Price was a Para supporter when he was young
  91. J

Clottey can kiss big fights good bye after that performance...
  92. J

Green has no profile in the states thats why Hopkins won't take the fight. The RJJ fight is far more lucrative for him. Green still has a long way to go before he is recognised globally and seeing he is at the back end of his career it is probably going to be unlikely
  93. J

The Trance Thread

www.astateoftrance.com/
  94. J

Carl Webb fight tonight

and the very bottom line is that Mundine has lost evertime he has faced a world class fighter (even if you consider Manny Siaca as world class [which he isn't])
  95. J

Carl Webb fight tonight

This is a good post for people that don't understand interim belts
  96. J

Mayweather is doing the dodging like he usually does... he didnt want anything to do with Cotto, Mosley, Casamayor, Steve Johnson... he is not good against south paws... watch the fights against Demarcus Corley, and Zab Judah he won the fights but the early rounds didnt look too pretty and...
  97. J

Pac is also going to start a defamation law suit against Mayweather and Golden Boy for insinuating that he has used performance enhancing drugs
  98. J

scoring takes into consideration effective punching
  99. J

well this is all Mundine wants out of boxing, decent cash for sub par fights.... He has been getting good money from boxing when you compare it to what he was making as a rugby league player, but on a global boxing scale it really is nothing and it is probably alot below his potential earnings...
  100. J

what was the best fight of 2009? for me, it was Juan Manuel Marquez v Juan Diaz.