Search results

1. Endeavour

Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

Such sad and shocking news. Rest in peace.
  2. Endeavour

My Dad died today

Sorry to hear about your loss Kaz. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  3. Endeavour

Will Hopoate to play Sundays this season

Welcome to the TEAM, Hoppa
  4. Endeavour

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Unfortunately my kids know I'm a soft touch
  5. Endeavour

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

My daughter is 14 and yes art form is the right way to describe it!
  6. Endeavour

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I got perfume.....and KFC....and my daughter made me a cup of tea this morning because I forced her to. Lots of eye rolls and sighs accompanied it. But it tasted good nonetheless.
  7. Endeavour

Bulldog supporters. Where are you from?

Born and live in Dunedin, Southeast in the South Island, New Zealand
  8. Endeavour

Gotta new job

Congratulations on your new job!! Thats great news
  9. Endeavour

Will Hopoate praying for new no-Sundays deal with Canterbury Bulldogs

He surely must only sign a contract that allows him to have Sundays off. Otherwise he has made a mockery of his own beliefs. I doubt very much he has had a little chat with God who said "it's ok Will...You can't play Sundays for 2016 and 2017 but its cool for 2018 and beyond" If you can't...
  10. Endeavour

Round nine discussion non bulldogs games

I doubt that a change of ref's boss would do anything as Archer is enabled by Todd Geenberg doing nothing. But it would be nice if the ref's boss held the refs accountable. It seems stupid to me that sometimes refs are dropped after a bad game and sometimes they aren't. Just another example of...
  11. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Whew that is a relief. So glad to hear. Now go out and enjoy life
  12. Endeavour

Round nine discussion non bulldogs games

It's time he was moved on. Every week he has to either come out and say a ref had an absolute shocker or just blatantly lie about a decision. The refs are his responsibility and if they are at such a rubbish standard then surely he needs to take some if the blame. I'm so sick of seeing things...
  13. Endeavour

Sutton brothers need to be sacked!

Wow where did you get that percentage from? Raelene should take that to Archer for a please explain
  14. Endeavour

Aaron Woods??

To be fair the overall performance from our team today would make little Johnny Smith from under Nines look like the Dally M winner.
  15. Endeavour

NRL rules

How many times does G Sutton pull a rule no one knows about out of his arse for teams playing against the Bulldogs. I'm not saying his interpretation is wrong but we seem to be the only team that ever gets pinged for them
  16. Endeavour

Bad Rotation

His rotation never, ever makes sense.
  17. Endeavour

Round 8 - Dogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Des is so excited about the Woods signing. It is his master plan to field a team 1-17 with big fat forwards.
  18. Endeavour

Round 8 - Dogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

It hasn't been a big deal since Easter Saturday 2015
  19. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Yep. All sorts of scary thoughts. You can't help but think how it will affect the kids. Thank goodness benign cysts are a common cause of breast lumps. Still a horrible experience.
  20. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Dr Invisible sounds a lot like Dr Google. Dr Google told me I had a rare and aggressive form of cancer that basically had no survival rate because once you had discovered it it had already spread.
  21. Endeavour

Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Rest in peace gorgeous wee Lili.
  22. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I found a lump in my breast last year. 3 days before I could see the doctor and then an urgent referral to the breast clinic. Had to wait more than a week before I got seen. My partner was away for the week and i wasn't at work and had the kids home for school holidays. I had to go back to the...
  23. Endeavour

Keep Assassin Smiling - Get Well Soon

You are still a Bull. That hasn't changed. Much harder to face what you are going through than running through some bricks. You continue to amaze and inspire and I am sorry you are feeling so bad.
  24. Endeavour

My 6 year old has it worked out

Does he want a coaching job? I'm willing to give him a go with the team? Send his details through to Rae and Ray.
  25. Endeavour

Why are we playing a "home" game against NZ in NZ?

I'm not sure if the Bulldog's would take another home game to Dunedin. I think they only went there due to stadium availability anyway. The crowd was just over 10 000 which is small but if you consider a few things doesn't work out too bad. Thats 10 000 out of a city that has a popualation of...
  26. Endeavour

R3 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Lol.....No.....Funnily enough he made no mention
  27. Endeavour

R3 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

At the ground. Met Donny Singe yesterday. Just met the mad butcher. School boy curtain raiser just starting. So happy
  28. Endeavour

Why are we playing a "home" game against NZ in NZ?

Have my tickets :). Everyone I know who is going (apart from me of course) is a Warriors supporter. Donny Singe is giving a talk at my workplace on Thursday and might bring some players with him! I never thought I would ever get to see the Bulldogs play so this is pretty exciting for me.
  29. Endeavour

SOUTHS - Greg Inglis torn ACL

Surely Dr Maguire out ranks the other lowly medical professionals at the club.
  30. Endeavour

Jordan Rapana flips off match official - escapes punishment.

Todd Greenberg's ' line in the sand' and all that. The damn line lasted approximately a week after Good Friday 2015 never to be seen again. A man of integrity.
  31. Endeavour

Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

That is really sad news. Pets bring so much joy to our lives. Try and remember the great life you were able to give your beloved pet. It hurts so much to lose a cherished family member.....But such wonderful memories
  32. Endeavour

NRL week 1 - non bulldogs games

Wonder if the match review committee will do anything about it
  33. Endeavour

NRL week 1 - non bulldogs games

Thurston gets away with so much shit...And he always swears and argues with the refs but nothing happens to him. If he were James Graham he would be sat down for a few minutes if not a few weeks
  34. Endeavour

Round 1 - Dogs vs Storm - Team List and Discussion Thread

Yeah....And if I wanted to watch a bunch of pussies (or poofters?) playing with each other I'd watch redtube
  35. Endeavour

Round 1 - Dogs vs Storm - Team List and Discussion Thread

I can definitely see some changes since last year......We don't have Rona and Klemmer has a new haircut. Des doesn't disappoint
  36. Endeavour

The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

As regards the city and country thing. My partner's cousin married a farmer. He has never lived in town. He said to me after he had kids that he could never live in town with his kids because he did have a perception that there was a weirdo/pedo behind every telephone pole. He definetly regarded...
  37. Endeavour

As a parent of a 14 year old and an 11 year old I feel you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. At our primary school anytime anyone dared to let their kid walk to school alone it was considered 'bad' parenting because we are conditioned to think everything is so unsafe. The kids...
  38. Endeavour

Parras Kenny Edwards charged with assault.

I think it is really interesting he pled guilty to the common assault charge but the intimidation charge was withdrawn. As a female if my partner had sprayed me with water and then thrown another drink over me and the bed I would probably view it as intimidation rather than assault. But then...
  39. Endeavour

I will send Greg Bird in to see you. I don't mind if he gets broken.
  40. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Naw.... They probably have him the good shit tranquillisers instead. Bubba behaved better:p
  41. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Feeling very angry :rage: I have a severe anxiety disorder. Its basically been from birth. But I am a fairly high functioning individual considering it's severity. I have what I consider to be a fairly 'normal' life and I am very proud of that considering I could just as easily spent my life in...
  42. Endeavour

You sure you not pregnant?
  43. Endeavour

Bulldogs the club most likely to implode in 2017

If (when) Des goes........I keep wondering how many years will it take for us to build up a decent enough team to actually win the comp. We have no spine to speak of, aging players in both the forwards and the backs. Look at all of the players we have tried and failed with or lost, Lane, L...
  44. Endeavour

NO TRUE RESPECT !

I don't respect Hoppa
  45. Endeavour

oooooh yes this. Or someone who knows when you are vulnerable and so go after you to make you feel worse and make themselves feel better. Have one of those at work at the moment. I trusted her and now she puts the boot in (ever so subtly) whenever she can.
  46. Endeavour

Bulldogs Auckland Nines Discussion

"But the way Des looks at it is giving the young guys a go. which isn't to say he doesn't have an interest in the nines. I hate when people say we don't send over a strong team. I look at these young guys and think they're real strong players" Yeah real strong shirt grabbers. They were none of...
  47. Endeavour

Bulldogs Auckland Nines Discussion

To me this isn't just about Des giving the middle finger to the NRL. He is actually giving it to every Bulldog's fan who wants to see their team play....And play well. I would have thought this year considering his job is under pressure his attitude would have changed from day one and he would...
  48. Endeavour

NRL AKL Nines 2017 - Discussion Thread

Looks like we have a lot of Jersey pulling defenders again :(
  49. Endeavour

"Fucking strong heart but fucking dumb"......Perhaps you should become an NRL player
  50. Endeavour

Oh.....Crying now...... I wish I could come and give you and your family a big hug so I am sending them virtually. I don't have any words except for to say how sorry I am. I will be thinking of little Lili today.
  51. Endeavour

Canterbury Bulldogs James Graham sets record straight on captaincy, Manly speculation

I think he was just as bored as we were with the horrible style of play last year. How do you motivate yourself when you are bored and not playing to your own strengths? I would be frustrated to have as much talent as Graham and not be able to utilise it
  52. Endeavour

Bulldogs’ Will Hopoate to decide if he’ll continue his NRL Sunday sabbatical

If his manager's thoughts mirror Hoppa's own thoughts then it just shows what a selfish show pony he really is. Makes the club look even more ridiculous.
  53. Endeavour

Knights prop Korbin Sims cops monster pay cut to join Wayne Bennett at Broncos

If they get to pay a fully available first grader $85 000 then we should get to pay hoppa $20 000
  54. Endeavour

2017 Squad Photo

I think I saw on Facebook that some people won a competition to get in the photo
  55. Endeavour

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I can't imagine what it must be like for you and your family. My thoughts are with you. You know if you feel the need to chat someone will be here. We aren't just saying that we mean it.
  56. Endeavour

Your Bulldogs NRL AKL Nines side

I find Des' arrogance over the nines embarrasing. I bet there are other coaches who don't like it but they don't throw a hissy fit over it like Des. Every club is obliged to field a team. I don't see why we can't give it a shot. Yes there are injuries and I would be upset if it were one of our...
  57. Endeavour

This is poetry. You should copyright it.
  58. Endeavour

Canterbury Bulldogs' Josh Jackson says turmoil of 2016 driving club in 2017

Its only January 14th and half of that article was discussing the NSW team already.
  59. Endeavour

If he does become a parra supporter I suspect Dropbear might have had a hand in Assassin's new heart!
  60. Endeavour

I wish there was something to say or do that could make you feel better but there isn't. I will just reiterate what the others have said and that is that the kennel is here for you. Little Lili has spent her life surrounded by people who love and care for her deeply. It might not sound like...
  61. Endeavour

RIP Princess Leia

The worst ones for me this year out of all of those celebrities are David Bowie and Carrie Fisher. I would gladly trade a Kardashian or two to get them back.
  62. Endeavour

I'm just trying to guess which one is for Des
  63. Endeavour

I'm over it

Imagine Greenberg as chairman and RaeRae as CEO.....now that's a killer combination!(literally)
  64. Endeavour

Queenstown 9s

I didn't even know it was on and I live about 2-3 hours drive from Queenstown.
  65. Endeavour

Another NZ "home" game

I live in Dunedin. The local paper said it would be Warriors vs Bulldogs. The stadium is really good. There was a 4 nations game played between England and New Zealand here in 2014. They only got 16 000 for the crowd when they were expecting 26 000. The Warriors have played 2 pre season games...
  66. Endeavour

NRL club chairmen walk out as Todd Greenberg and John Grant backflip on funding

Inept Muppets. I wonder how many rugby league fans actually like the direction the game is taking? The Smith/Greenberg/Grant error has been one of the worst things EVER to happen to rugby league. I really hope there is a vote of no confidence. I thought Greenberg was a failure as director of...
  67. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Thoughts are with you and your family rainman. Sorry for your loss
  68. Endeavour

It's Official...

That news really made my day. Just did a wee dance around the house!! See all of your fighting really was worth it. Best wishes to you and your family and I hope it is sooner rather than later.
  69. Endeavour

What exactly is depression?

I work in a high school and the level of depression and anxiety amongst the kids is immense. It can go right from a little bit of academic anxiety right through to suicide. At the school I work at at least its real enough and causes include learning difficulty, family violence, poverty, societal...
  70. Endeavour

I do embroidery so I can do the sewing up with a needle and thread. I could put something pretty on Assassins neck....a Rabbitoh's logo maybe?
  71. Endeavour

Sun Herald - Sione Faumuina tells all

I saw there was going to be an interview with Sione on Story ( NZ TV programme for all of the Aussies wondering what I am talking about) too!!
  72. Endeavour

This is a cliche I know but one I love when times are tough. It's always darkest before the dawn. Keep fighting because we are all in your corner thinking about you...people from all over the world. Besides....when you do get your transplant I think you should get the old heart put on ice...
  73. Endeavour

Hi Assassin. I have been away and just checked the kennel now. All my positive thoughts go out to you. You really are an inspirational fighter!! I don't swear that much but here goes just for you " ****" Did I say it right? New Zealand accent of course. Take care Helena
  74. Endeavour

would it have been different if greenberg was still ceo and not raelene?

What is bdp? Im going to say no since I don't know what it is lol
  75. Endeavour

would it have been different if greenberg was still ceo and not raelene?

I think Greenberg and Raelene are the same in that the Bulldogs for them are just another rung on the ladder. Now Greenberg is NRL CEO and doing his best to ruin the whole game. Raelene has had ample opportunity to speak out against the inconsistencies of the NRL but hasn't because why would she...
  76. Endeavour

Steve Mortimer leaves Bulldogs as Des Hasler survives board meeting

This news just makes my shit day shitter!
  77. Endeavour

Roberts Charged, Parker Free to play.

Yes you are right. Wayne Bennett on Sam Kasiano Broncos coach Wayne Bennett questioned how the incident could go unnoticed. "It's a bit hard to get your head around the accidental part when the tackles been made. The NRL can make their judgement" Wayne Bennett on James Roberts "I doubt that...
  78. Endeavour

Dear Des

Dear Des I was never in favour of anyone having a "Des clause" but now I am all for it. From now on every CEO, board member, coach or player who allows any hint of Desball to creep into the Bulldogs should be sacked immediately. That's the kind of "Des clause" I want.
  79. Endeavour

DROP BEAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. - Drop Bear Tribute Thread

That is such deeply sad news. Has me in tears. I used to pm Drop Bear every now and then too. What a wise and friendly Bear he was. Rest in peace friend
  80. Endeavour

Dogs of War!!

Are you going to do signings in bookstores?
  81. Endeavour

Round 23 - General Discussion Thread

Try Dunedin! Thank goodness we now have a covered stadium. Carisbrook was so cold the way the southerly came right off the water and swirled around it.....and that was in the summer for the cricket!
  82. Endeavour

Round 23 - General Discussion Thread

Hayne cam is probably still active during this game.
  83. Endeavour

Graham charged

Yes it was Buhrer wasn't it? So if James get charged then why wasn't Buhrer charged for doing the same thing. Let me guess......James was careless high tackle and Buhrer's was a non-careless high tackle?
  84. Endeavour

Archer on Ese'ese no-try ruling

NRL HQ must think the fans are so dumb. It's true what you say. The bad decisions are bad enough but when Archer comes out and defends the indefensible.....which he has done a few times this year. It makes me so angry because they think that they can just trot out this rubbish and we will accept...
  85. Endeavour

Throwing the ball away ?

NRL can't read words. They only read $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  86. Endeavour

Throwing the ball away ?

I don't think the words "Todd Greenberg" and "proper adjudication" belong in the same sentence.
  87. Endeavour

Robbie Farah dropped to reserve grade

I hear Jason Taylor needs a new HOOKER
  88. Endeavour

I sure hope Mitchell isn't lurking on the forum
  89. Endeavour

Press Conference

Would be funny to see James stand up, put his hands behind his back and say "well basically the Gaffer is a 'fooken coont' who doesn't understand the 'intricate details' of the game and that is why we lost"
  90. Endeavour

Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Does anyone still play World of Warcraft?
  91. Endeavour

Jason Taylor does remind me of a chihuahua. I don't think he would look out of place wearing a pink studded collar and a tutu
  92. Endeavour

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I can only agree with everyone else. Keep speaking, keep talking, keep venting. I was clinically depressed when I was younger, about 20 years ago actually. Every morning I would wake up and just start crying because I was still breathing. I tried so hard to just lie there every morning and not...
  93. Endeavour

Sad day today my dad past away at the early age of 69

Sorry about your loss. My Dad died a couple of years ago. I have the most wonderful memories of a most wonderful man and you will too. I know the pain is hard to bear losing someone but it just shows us how special they really were. Thinking of you and your family.
  94. Endeavour

Parra sign Jeff Robson & view to re-signing Jarryd Hayne

Poor wee pawwa babies Toddy has to take away some of their candy partway through the year because they have had more than all of the other kids. Then the 5 nice men that have been helpful in supplying the candy feel hurt and don't want to go. Todd let them keep some of their Candy because he...
  95. Endeavour

I'm sorry to hear that Lily isn't doing so well but keep on holding out hope for as long as you are able. Its natural to be scared. You don't need to say anything to us....just know that we are here. But if you do want to talk well there is always someone hanging around the kennel....and heaps...
  96. Endeavour

'Bringing the Game into Disrepute'

The NRL administration are the ones who bring the game into disrepute by continuously burying their head in the sand. The same issues arise every year but the NRL don't address the root problem. Why would they do that when it might upset their gravy train. They are a bunch of unprincipled...
  97. Endeavour

Done and shared on FB. Good luck to you and your family and your gorgeous little sister.
  98. Endeavour

Foran Breach Notice

He will just Lawyer-up. He is suing everyone else in Australia isn't he?
  99. Endeavour

Unite for dropbear

What if while we are deciding what to do we sent him a kennel bag from the kennel store. We could maybe send it via Zee or Sir Col if they didn't mind. I'm not sure if we can 'donate' to the kennel store but we can donate to the kennel. It would need Nash to be willing to let us do it that way...