Search results

1. B-Train

Harrison Edwards to Cowboys

The minute Joel gets involved with a rumour, you know we're no chance of getting that player.
  2. B-Train

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

Teams will pay top dollar for him if he becomes available. As others have said, Penrith would be in the box seat after losing JFH. Every time we're linked to a player early on, there's rarely any truth to it or they end up somewhere else. So I'm not getting my hopes up even though he's a good...
  3. B-Train

Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Of course I did. Even more reason to not roll every pass along the ground when they were blocking and deflecting everything and despite the dominance, there were very few clear cut chances because of it. It's a recurring issue with City when they lose big games. De Bruyne's miss was the best...
  4. B-Train

Haaland was useless all game because he couldn't get a touch, so I understand taking him off. But we needed De Bruyne at the end and in the shoot out
  5. B-Train

Fuck City are a frustrating team sometimes with Peps refusal to mix things up. Dominate the game, have 33 shots, 70% possession and 18 corners to 1 but can't get a goal because they refuse to ever take shots from outside the box or get aerial crosses in to try something different. I hate...
  6. B-Train

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

They won 4 titles and added KD to a 73 win team. They're the last team I'd feel sorry for. Especially with assholes like Draymond and Klay on that team that talk so much shit.
  7. B-Train

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Hull have an obsession with Bulldogs players. Perham will probably kill it over there though unlike Pele, Brown, Okunbur etc. Good luck to him if he goes there.
  8. B-Train

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

Yeah I'm all for Hutch getting dropped. I'd rather see Sexton at halfback though than Taaffe. Taaffe hasn't played in the halves at all in FG yet.
  9. B-Train

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

Even if there was an injury in the halves, with Hayward there I'd expect him to play in the halves and not Taaffe.
  10. B-Train

Taaffe can only play fullback. I can't see him handling wing or centre.. Despite everyone calling for him in the halves, I don't think he could handle the defensive responsibility in FG. Playing there in juniors and playing there in the NRL are two very different things. So if there is a...
  11. B-Train

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

We also signed Curran, Mann, Tracey, Critta etc this year which turned out pretty well so far. So it's not as doom and gloom as you're making it seem and not like we haven't made any good signings ourselves. Like Nate Dawg said, you know JFH wouldn't have gone to any other club other than the...
  12. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

I'm happy to see Tracey stay at fullback. Taaffe is unlucky as his last two games had been his best and if not for getting knocked out, he wouldn't have lost his spot but we have a lot of depth in the backline for once so it's a good problem to have.
  13. B-Train

Harrison Edwards on the move?

I never really thought Edwards offered much in his runs and wasn't a great defender. He has good hands though. I don't think it's a great loss if he does move on but good luck to him if he does..
  14. B-Train

No Source Trey Mooney

I remember @Kempsey Dog talking Mooney up 2 years ago.. A lot of us have been hoping for us to sign him for a while now given Canberra's forward depth. Although they do have quite a few injured right now.. It sounds too good to be true though and Stuart loves to hoard forwards that he'll never...
  15. B-Train

Demetriou's 27 second presser

I think it's only a matter of when, not if, Demetriou is fired. I don't know what the hold up is but it's an absolute shit show at the moment.
  16. B-Train

2024 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I've been saying that ever since they introduced this stupid six again rule. I think we got a set restart when we were down 2 in the attacking 20 against Melbourne with a few minutes left. We'd much rather get a penalty from in front where it happened to tie the game. Instead we get a restart...
  17. B-Train

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Plus Xerri would be earning less than half of what Averillo is getting at the Dolphins.
  18. B-Train

He's the one who has allowed Latrell to get away with murder by never holding him accountable. He also tried to give Latrell a post match award for knocking Fox out the other week.. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He was also the one carrying on last year about hip drop tackles like...
  19. B-Train

Fox drops 7 bras in 30 seconds

I prefer the term mansier..
  20. B-Train

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

Curran and Mann have to go down as two of the signings of the year. Tracey has been great also. Taaffe had two of his best games recently. Gus and the club were criticised by some or all of these signings by fans and the media. I was happy with all of them but had doubts about Taaffe. They...
  21. B-Train

Bondi stabbing

It's a disgusting and shocking act that could have happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime. I can't imagine the pain the families of the victims are feeling. My thoughts go out to them. You immediately think that could have easily been us as we've all been to a Westfield with the family a million...
  22. B-Train

Burton is a half

Burton gets criticised for Kikau having a shit season and guys like Xerri, Critta, Fox etc not playing to their potential. On a night when Kikau dominates and is having one of his best seasons, Fox scores 3 tries and Xerri has his best game since he came back, Burton has to get credit for...
  23. B-Train

Burton is a half

It would have been nice if he had kicked at least one of them. I knew on that last one that it would come back to haunt us. But they were both from the sideline. So it's not like he shanked sitters from next to the posts. Still, good kickers should get 1 out of 2 of those.
  24. B-Train

Burton is a half

Aside from his kicking game and game management at the end, I thought he was really good tonight. He read the play well and threw a nice 3 man cut out ball for Fox's last try at a key moment in the game. Consistency has been his biggest issue in his career, but the last three weeks I think he's...
  25. B-Train

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Tolman hogged it too much to throw hospital passes. :tearsofjoy:
  26. B-Train

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

He butchers more plays on the 4th and kills momentum with selfish plays that go nowhere and lead to slow play the balls more than Tolman did. And that's saying something. It's even worse with Hutch because as a half that's inexcusable
  27. B-Train

Burton is a half

Good point about the conversions. I've thought the same when he lines them up at times too.. He did kick them at a good percentage last season though after starting off last year badly.
  28. B-Train

Burton is a half

The bombs are rubbish, I wish he'd cut them out completely. But he had a few nice grubbers for repeat sets and had a nice chip kick for Fox that got in behind the defence. He's shown at times he has a nice variety of kicks. He just doesn't use them often enough. If he got rid of the bomb so...
  29. B-Train

Super proud tonight

It's frustrating to lose that game but not many of us even expected to be in it. Especially after being down 10 nil.. It was a great comeback, great spirit shown and we're a totally different team in every way so far this season. Even with a tonne of injuries, the next man up attitude within...
  30. B-Train

Burton is a half

Burton wasn't perfect tonight but he's really come on the last three games. Even his defence is a lot better than last year. He had some nice grubbers and chip kicks tonight. He's developed a great combo with Kikau. And that cut out pass to Fox was sexy. Anyone who still doubts whether he's a...
  31. B-Train

Cameron Ciraldo

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the improvements this season in defence, spirit, desperation, effort and even the last few weeks with our attack is just a hater at this point. I wasn't sold on Ciraldo going into the season but he's done a great job so far this season, even if I don't agree with...
  32. B-Train

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

I'm not going to lie, that's an ugly lineup but Turpin is the ultimate tackle bot, so I can see his thinking. He made something like 500 tackles in FG last year and barely missed 10. His defensive stats in Reserves this year weren't as strong though.. Either way I hope Hughes plays 45 plus...
  33. B-Train

Milo Kerrigan isn't happy..
  34. B-Train

News NRL investigating after vape thrown at referee Gerard Sutton after Sydney Roosters’ 22-20 win over Newcastle Knights

If the Bulldogs had have done this then it would have been front page news and they would have found a photo of Osama Bin Laden in a Bulldogs jersey
  35. B-Train

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

Only a few months ago a tonne of people on here were slurping over Schuster and saying he's ten times better than Burton.
  36. B-Train

No King is a huge loss. As is Mann.. Hopefully Hughes can have another huge game to help fill the void.
  37. B-Train

It'd be cheap enough for someone with his talent but even then with his attitude, weight problems and lack of work ethic, I doubt he ever realises his potential. I'd rather let someone else take the punt. And like others have said, I doubt Gus and Ciraldo would be interested as it doesn't fit in...
  38. B-Train

I think he's a backrower more than a half anyway. Someone will take a chance on him. But it will be hard to move him on his contract unless Manly pay a tonne of it.
  39. B-Train

For sure. I know it won't happen. I don't think anyone will take him unless Manly pay most of his deal like I said. Even then, I'd only see clubs like the Titans, Tigers, Saints etc being interested.
  40. B-Train

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

It's a big gamble getting someone so young and unproven at the top level and big leagues but obviously he's been impressive and is highly rated. Hopefully it works out well for you guys. It's probably a better option than getting more established guys that have failed at other clubs.
  41. B-Train

I doubt it. The only way you'd take him is if they chip in 3/4 of his crazy salary, which isn't happening. Even then, I wouldn't want a player that refuses to work hard and always looks for the easy way out
  42. B-Train

News Bailey Hayward Jersey Presentation Photos

It's always a proud moment for any player making their debut. Both for them and their families. It's something they'll never forget. Hayward shows a lot of promise and I'm sure he'll have many more games in FG after this one. Good luck to him against Melbourne.
  43. B-Train

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

I loved Steve Reardon back in the day. Was as tough as they come and was one of many really underrated no name forwards that we had that added so much to the team.
  44. B-Train

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

I've always rated Curran and was stoked when we signed him. He's lived up to expectations and brought what he always has.. Toughness, aggression and competitiveness as well as good skill for a forward. Gus won't be letting him go and he'll get extended in due course.
  45. B-Train

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

I can't wait to see some of these pups in FG but the club won't rush them which is the right thing to do. With our dominance in juniors these days, we could be a premiership contender every season once a handful of them make FG
  46. B-Train

How Good..

I agree about Hawkins but they should have just played Walker and Wighton together in the halves. Sure none of them are a natural halfback but they're far better options than Ilias and Hawkins who aren't FG calibre halves. Wighton in the centres is a complete waste.
  47. B-Train

How Good..

I've always thought Ilias was average and he kind of deserved to be dropped but no doubt he's let Latrell get away with everything and it's affected the team for years. Dropping Cook is absurd though.
  48. B-Train

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Fuck I didn't even realise. Haha I get it in a game like this against one of the best teams in the world but yeah, when it's high intensity like that, you'd think more changes would be made even in the last 15 minutes. To get that result without KDB is pretty huge though.
  49. B-Train

They don't? Since when? He hasn't been making them all season. Even in games against bottom ten teams when the game is wrapped up. It's weird.
  50. B-Train

Don't know how that wasn't a penalty. As bad as Bayern have been this year they'll put all of their focus into the CL as they have nothing else to play for and they will be tough to beat at home with those 2 away goals..
  51. B-Train

How Good..

I found out Cook was getting dropped on Monday. I've never rated Demetriou as a coach. Always thought he was a fuckwit. Dropping Cook who is one of the few players on their team who always plays hard, is reliable and a good person is disgraceful. It proves how he has no idea and has lost the...
  52. B-Train

Good to see Hayward get his debut.
  53. B-Train

Official Supercoach & other comps 2024

At least my Souths intel was right this time. I couldn't believe it when I heard it though. He was their best player against us aside from Gerard Sutton. He works his ass off unlike Latrell and co. Demetriou has no idea
  54. B-Train

Official Supercoach & other comps 2024

I'm hearing that Damien Cook might be dropped. We'll see if it's true or not. If so, Demetriou has totally lost the plot and has gotten desperate.
  55. B-Train

Opinion Skelton

It depends on the club he was going to I guess. It's unlikely to happen but it helps solve a backline logjam for us and could help another club with backline issues that has too many forwards..
  56. B-Train

Opinion Skelton

Most people are fans of Fox and love seeing him at his best. It's nothing against Fox himself.. But he's expendable due to our depth in the backline and the fact that unlike most other players we could move on, other clubs would gladly take him and give us a quality forward that we badly need in...
  57. B-Train

The fans care about that stuff but the United players will be playing hard regardless. Poch does seem to do better in the games where they're expected to do nothing. I expect all of the top 3 to drop points in at least 1 game out of the last 7. But Arsenals goal difference could be what wins...
  58. B-Train

You never know though, United away could be a banana peel game as shown with their results against Liverpool this season. Chelsea at home as shit as they are could be a tricky one as they've gotten surprise results against Liverpool and City this season as they have a lot of talent and seem to...
  59. B-Train

Surprising result.. I watched the last 15 minutes when I woke up and saw the score. As soon as I did, United gave away that dumb penalty. Thought Liverpool would get another but United held on well. As others have said though, Arsenal and City will probably drop points in the next seven games...
  60. B-Train

Official Finally Truth!

Even if Weidler is a mouthpiece for Gus, anyone who believed any of this total bullshit about Gus and team selections is crazy.. I'm just glad we missed out on Luai. It would have been a complete waste of money. He did us a favour by joining the Tigers.
  61. B-Train

Official Gus on Twitter

Hughes got penalised for not getting a pillow and blanket for Sua'ali'i and tucking him in properly. I was losing my mind as that was a great, hard tackle that was completely legal. It's more proof that the game has gone soft and is slowly dying under V'landys.
  62. B-Train

Opinion Injury replacements

For sure that's the biggest issue with his game but he was fine in his first few FG games last season and more than made up for any defensive deficiencies with his yardage from dummy half that would have us starting sets on the front foot with quick play the balls. He's worth keeping and its not...
  63. B-Train

Opinion Injury replacements

300 metres from Skelton.. That's insane. He's a FG player. I'd love to see him get a run somehow and would hate to see him thrive at another club.
  64. B-Train

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

V'landys should come out with the same energy and say don't suspend him or criticise him in the media, he's a good person. He only elbowed Johnson in the head and lifted Harris in the tackle because he was trying to help them out.
  65. B-Train

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

I'd go with Burton and Sexton for now. Don't trust Taaffe defensively in the front line and he's been playing well lately at fullback. Hutch has to go as he's butchering 5 on 1's multiple times a game and offers nothing in attack aside from killing momentum.
  66. B-Train

Burton is a half

Some people hate Burton so much and are so salty and bitter towards their own player that they can't even acknowledge that he had a good game... He had 3 tries, 1 try assist and 2 like break assists, ran for 147 metres and only missed 1 tackle and they're still hating and saying Hutch and...
  67. B-Train

Burton is a half

So Hutch butchering 5 on 1 overlaps multiple times a game and killing all momentum down the right side with selfish runs that lead to nothing is a better option than Burton? Burton also set up the first try to Taaffe by a double pump and holding up the ball.. He got into dummy half to get the...
  68. B-Train

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

He's just deflecting from how bad a coach he is that he can't get close to winning a comp with a stacked team that's $3 million over the cap every year.
  69. B-Train

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

I saw late in the game when they were still up 3-2 and United were on the break down the right side.. Rashford didn't even bother to sprint into the box to make a run to get in front of his defender when there was a chance to score. And he only came on as a sub in the 2nd half, so it's not like...
  70. B-Train

Burton is a half

People saying all preseason and this season that our halves should be Hutch and Sexton was hilarious. Hopefully they realise how dumb that was now and give Burton some credit when he deserves it. Burton needs to do it consistently though to silence the doubters which is something he hasn't...
  71. B-Train

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

Huge loss.. And just like Preston last week, shows his toughness to play injured for so long.. I liked the Mann signing from day one. I've always thought he's an underrated player. He'll be tough to replace.
  72. B-Train

What did Sexton or Hutch do to prove they are better than him?
  73. B-Train

Opinion WTF … luxury signing Kikau ??

He was ordinary last year and obviously the pec injury and his father passing didn't help. He's been our best player and inspirational in attack and defence this year though. What a weapon he is when he's playing like this..
  74. B-Train

What sublime vision and game awareness he has. He's such a hog.
  75. B-Train

You're one of the biggest Burton haters on here. Surely even you can give him credit and admit he was great in the halves tonight
  76. B-Train

I still think Oloapu will be in the forwards and is better suited at lock but it's great to have all of this talent and options coming through.
  77. B-Train

Hopefully it's just an adjustment period for Critta. New club. He's a captain for the first time. Still working out combos down that side and Kikau has gotten most of the ball. Kikau was injured, then out of form last year and look at him this year. Hopefully Critta finds his feet sooner but I...
  78. B-Train

3,2,1 Vs ourselves

3 - Kikau - Has carried us all season 2 - Burton - Best game of the season by far 1 - Taaffe - He only played half the game but was great when he was on. When he went off, we fell apart with the reshuffles.
  79. B-Train

A wins a win

There are more positives than negatives but that second half was hard to watch and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It's a shame as like I said that first half was great and maybe the best we've played in years.. Even before the send off.
  80. B-Train

Maybe. It depends on how Burton plays til then.. If he has more games like he did tonight, then he's our long term 5/8th with Woods at halfback. Or Woods at halfback and O'Neill at halfback. But Papalii is a weapon too. Consistency has always been the issue with Burton though. Hopefully he...
  81. B-Train

Kikau was a beast. They couldn't handle him. He's been inspirational this year so far and led from the front. He's developed a nice combo with Burton. Now hopefully they can unlock Critta and get him going too..
  82. B-Train

Taaffe offers more from the back. The last two weeks have been his best games. We lost all momentum when he was forced out. It's a shame he's out next week now.. Taaffe also struggles defensively in the front line, which is why I don't like him in the halves in FG. I know he played juniors there...
  83. B-Train

He was pretty good in the halves too scoring two and setting up another. He's by far the best half at the club. Sexton and Hutch are not the answer. People suggesting them ahead of Burton all season was laughable and tonight proved why.
  84. B-Train

As I said in the other thread, the people that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves pairing got their wish and they almost lost us the game. It's crazy to suggest that in the first place. Burton had his best game of the season and then Ciraldo moves him to centre when Sexton came on. Sure he scored his...
  85. B-Train

I hope all of the geniuses that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves combo are happy. With Burton in the centres we lost a massive lead and that amazing halves combo that everyone has been asking for nearly lost us the game.
  86. B-Train

A wins a win

I can't believe people are mentioning the refs. Our second half capitulation had nothing to do with the refs. We had a few dodgy calls go our way because the Roosters didn't have a challenge left.
  87. B-Train

A wins a win

It feels like a loss. You'd take the result going into the game. But it takes the gloss off a great first half performance. To almost lose to 12 and then 11 men is concerning. That speaks to a lack of leadership on the field. Shouldn't happen. Hopefully they learn from it but we'll take the 2...
  88. B-Train

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Salmon played 2nd row at Penrith last year under Cleary. It's a Ciraldo decision due to his Penrith connection.
  89. B-Train

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

I said that he'd play Salmon at 2nd row earlier in the week.. I don't know why he insists on starting Curran off the bench behind far inferior players.
  90. B-Train

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Haha. Who knows. I think Robinson plays games with players, promises them the world, gets them to re-sign then fucks them over.
  91. B-Train

Pep probably doesn't as he's stubborn like that but I said before he played for Chelsea that it was a huge mistake and I wish we kept him. He's been great for them. He's a real talent. It's even more frustrating as he was an academy graduate.
  92. B-Train

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

Gus must laugh at how much he lives rent free in these fuckwits heads. They have to completely fabricate shit to generate content and use Gus as click bait.. I'm just waiting for them to rehash the drones article or some other complete bullshit story.
  93. B-Train

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Can someone do a welfare check on Joel?
  94. B-Train

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Wow what a capitulation at the end there.. That will kill their confidence heading into the Liverpool game.
  95. B-Train

The United game should be a walk in the park. Their only hope to get a result is to park the bus but even then, they have so many defenders out and shit defenders to begin with so I think you guys will get all 3 points.
  96. B-Train

Official 2004 Premiership Team / 20 Year Reunion

Awesome photos. They boys still look in pretty good shape. It's great to see Baa trimmed down too. Hopefully we can honour the legends with a surprise win.
  97. B-Train

News Team changes late mail vs Roosta

People need to stop expecting too much from Patolo. He's been average when he plays FG and constantly gets injured or concussed. I just hope for his sake that he avoids further injury but I doubt he plays more than 15-20 minutes.
  98. B-Train

Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

They've got an easy draw and we have a harder one, as we generally do.. But at the same time beat who is in front of you. Playing the harder teams should make you stronger. Don't make excuses, overcome adversity and build some character by thriving on the underdog/siege mentality like the...
  99. B-Train

Coming Soon!

Looks great. Just make this the regular jersey please. The current ones with way too much white are rubbish.
  100. B-Train

News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

I agree about Burton's struggles and weaknesses. I'm not defending his form at all as it hasn't been good enough.