Search results

1. dogkat

DONATE: Let's help a doggies supporter who lost his two boys.

Allegedly some of the donated money used for the legal fight. She won and the children will be buried in Wellington this Friday. No-one wins.
  2. dogkat

DONATE: Let's help a doggies supporter who lost his two boys.

This occurred in my home town. I didn't know any of those involved, but I know well one of the eye-witnesses. I can't imagine the horror of what he saw and what the first responders dealt with. I happened to see Tonee's donation on the GoFundMe page, so thought I would log in.
  3. dogkat

News NZ terror attack on two mosques.

I truly hope no more Kennellers watch the footage. After all, it is exactly what the psycho idiot wanted, so you are granting his wish. The more people that watch it, the happier he will be.
  4. dogkat

Private Rentals

Started to multi-quote but required too many responses. I would be the tenant, and it is not through an agent. Definitely with a lease. I've never met the owners before, however we have mutual acquaintances. And @Mr Invisible, lol at your A-Team reference. I once had a dog named Billy - after...
  5. dogkat

Private Rentals

Hi all. Any tips or warnings re renting privately? :smilecat:
  6. dogkat

Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Just a random question: Who married Adam and Eve?
  7. dogkat

If your wife/partner cheated.......

Either @Realist90 learned the context of the word 'jaded' very quickly, or he is @utility half ... :smirkcat:
  8. dogkat

Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Do I think there should be a plebiscite. Heck no. It is a complete waste of money, purely voluntary and the final result is not enforceable. Will I vote, yes. Will I vote for same sex marriage? Yes, of course. I believe politicians are the ones that have blown the whole issue completely out...
  9. dogkat

Gotta new job

Furniture went west on Wednesday. Cleaners were in today (after arriving an hour late). My last night in Sydney tonight. I know it is the right decision to move, but keep thinking of all the things I haven't done in Sydney, and all the places I haven't bothered to visit. :worried:
  10. dogkat

Gotta new job

No I am not. :cryingcat: /Pity party
  11. dogkat

Gotta new job

So, just to add to my stress: I've had a bike chained in the stairwell of my block of units for years that I haven't been riding. But in moving to Dubbo, I was thinking that would be the perfect place to start riding again. I walk past this bike every single day and see it out of the corner...
  12. dogkat

Gotta new job

Bloody real estate agent wants to have an open house inspection before I move out - while I'm still packing and have filled and empty boxes and personal possessions strewn around. More importantly, I won't have had the cleaner through yet. So I'll have to waste valuable packing time cleaning...
  13. dogkat

Gotta new job

Thanks for the tips. However, I currently work for the State Government. And the job I'm going to is in the State Government. :)
  14. dogkat

Gotta new job

Dubbo Zoo has about a 6km road that you drive around, parking and getting out at every enclosure. Alternatively, you can hire a bike and ride around as well. You can have picnic lunches half way around or eat at the cafes. You can also go glamping overnight there, which includes personal tours...
  15. dogkat

Gotta new job

Bloody oath - very civilized now. :) Sucks to be you :p :p :p
  16. dogkat

The "R U OK ?" Thread

My brother was babysitting a cat which got out of the house and was hit by a car. The cat had a cat scan in a human cat scan machine - because that was the equipment the veterinary hospital had. (Apparently they treat some of Taronga's animals there.) After a lot of worry, broken jaw and other...
  17. dogkat

Gotta new job

Yes, am very inclined to avoid West Dubbo.
  18. dogkat

Gotta new job

Thanks Zee and everyone. It's nothing fancy. Admin assistant in the legal field. Which is pretty much what I am now. In Dubbo. Cost of living will be a truckload less. And lots of rellies in Dubbo and nearby. :)
  19. dogkat

Gotta new job

Freaking out. Got a new job. Not quite what I applied for but it'll do. In the country. So I've got 2 more weeks at my current job, then 1 week to pack and move from Sydney. How the hell do I get it all done...
  20. dogkat

Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Rest in peace Lili. Thoughts are with you Trendsetter and your family.
  21. dogkat

How many mobile phones have you owned?

I used to work for Hutchison/Orange as a paging operator. My first mobile was a brick - I think Nokia 1610.
  22. dogkat

Sexual tension...

This is really gross. I suspect if @BootS was still around he would educate you all ...
  23. dogkat

Sexual tension...

Maybe they grew up? :( Maybe they are still posting under a different name ...? @Berries might know?
  24. dogkat

Sexual tension...

Shocked to realise that Jorgie is 31 and Smingers is 27!
  25. dogkat

What made you happy today?

Need to get a screen shot of that, and save it everywhere!!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::smilecat::smilecat::smilecat:
  26. dogkat

I've got a boat drivers licence - and I don't drink alcohol ...
  27. dogkat

Was filthily expensive for food. I didn't even find the dog pavilion, which is one of the ones I would have loved. I left the woodchop to go to something horse related, which turned out to be show jumping which I don't really like. So didn't watch the show jumping and waited around for a...
  28. dogkat

Had been going to go to the show. Nearly talked myself out of it. Then decided to go (thanks in part to Southy's boost). Left home at 1pm, had no idea what was where at the showground. Managed to see some wood-chopping, which I was very happy about - including a tree. Thought I'd missed any...
  29. dogkat

I'm here :) Thank you again. It is appreciated.
  30. dogkat

Yes. Thanks. You made me a bit teary asking though, damn you! My life is a bit bland at the moment, that's all.
  31. dogkat

I live in hope.
  32. dogkat

I'm alive. That's about it for today.
  33. dogkat

The crappest song your have ever heard?

I like that song. Don't quite understand it, but I like it. And I know a guy who lost his hand in a chaff cutter.
  34. dogkat

The crappest song your have ever heard?

This thread is crap because it reminds you of these crap songs and then you either a) can't get to sleep or tomorrow b) will be singing them all day.
  35. dogkat

@Realist90

Just saw this on Facebook. The Catholic in me was a bit offended, but ... http://christianfunnypictures.com/2016/11/church-organist-suspended-playing-stayin-alive-easter-sunday-service.html
  36. dogkat

Bucket Lists

So in the last year, have you achieved any of the items on your list? :smirkcat:
  37. dogkat

Bucket Lists

Really, how many people have that as their first thought? How about we go with "just coz", as opposed to the limited time left version. And @Mr 95% , please don't put as no. 1 that you would like to walk, because that would make me feel like crap...
  38. dogkat

Bucket Lists

Who has a bucket list and what is on it. I don't officially have a list and want to write one. But it occurs to me that there are travel items (overseas and in Australia), there are cultural items, things that cost money and things that are free (not much is free :( ). Writing a list is...
  39. dogkat

Hall of Fame User Titles / Former Moderator Recognition

Surprisingly, I agree with @Berries. Not so much about him being a legendary poster and having a high level of intelligence, but all the rest of it.
  40. dogkat

Matt Cecchin article about mental health

"Cecchin, 43, as well as fellow referee Ben Cummins, will on Friday be named as one of the NRL's new State of Mind ambassadors, who support the game's extensive mental health program." Simples.
  41. dogkat

Matt Cecchin article about mental health

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/i-was-going-to-fake-an-injury-nrl-referee-matt-cecchin-opens-up-about-mental-health-20170406-gvezcm.html A brave man, and a wonderfully honest article. Obviously, it's not about the forward pass. I'll be disgusted with any negative posts. 3 million...
  42. dogkat

Waddyou people do ?

And you could go back to reality shows if it doesn't work out. :p
  43. dogkat

Waddyou people do ?

I thought that was what @Papa Het did? @El_Magic is @Papa Het ! :smileycat::smileycat:
  44. dogkat

The Kennel Photos and Discussion Thread

That used to be an in-joke in town. But then a local went to A Current Affair, in an attempt to bring attention to the fact that the town has limited resources for dealing with drugs, and that local said something like "They call us the ice capital of the world". And it stuck. But ice is...
  45. dogkat

Arr, I'm with you. I don't think so. I've seen photos of the current main road back when it was horse and cart. There has been a couple of mechanic's buildings along Arthur St - the road you are talking about.
  46. dogkat

Off the top of my head: Wellington Hotel Cow and Calf Lion of Waterloo Grand Federal Central RSL (if that counts) Bowling Club (if that counts) Lots of closed pubs if you go back 50-100 years. Are you asking if where the Maccas is was a pub previously? Can't remember. Your last sentence =...
  47. dogkat

I think everyone has their favourite pub. It has just been taken over, so they were probably talking it up (or previously down). It was Thursday last week when I was there!
  48. dogkat

Riot = old news Where and when was that fight recorded? @Mr Invisible - you are slagging off at my home town.
  49. dogkat

Had lunch at the Lion. Had dinner at the Wellington. Had dinner at the Cow and Calf. Cheap house prices, compared to Sydney. Some of those houses are in areas of town you wouldn't want to buy. If you are looking for suggestions for what to do while you are there, let me know.
  50. dogkat

Which will be called Macquarie Correctional Centre (I was trying to be obscure). I was in Wellington (the town not the gaol) until Monday, as part of my holidays.
  51. dogkat

@south of heaven - working on Macquarie?
  52. dogkat

Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Nice of you to buy him his own couch! :p
  53. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

Sleep is on the list, but I'd prefer sleeping next to him, instead:
  54. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been? No, not something I could pretend.
  55. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

Lol - I do live in Sydney. I can't afford to travel anywhere else.
  56. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

The zoo was already on my very short list. Will check out this 5 attraction pass. :)
  57. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

Suspect not.
  58. dogkat

Two weeks leave ...

What can I do in and around Sydney that doesn't cost much and doesn't require a car?
  59. dogkat

Herniated disc (possibly)

@Hacky McAxe is correct. If the injury is rested immediately, followed by treatment, all should be fine. The pain will only become chronic and constant if the injured person continues physical activity eg going to the gym.
  60. dogkat

Curvy = obesity

That would make you an apple, and apples are healthy! :smilecat:
  61. dogkat

Curvy = obesity

As an obese woman, I find this whole thread distasteful and unnecessary. :screamcat: That comment, coming from a Mod, doesn't help. And I doubt that every regular Kenneller is the picture of good health and fitness, but it doesn't stop the judgmental posts. Jus' saying.
  62. dogkat

Curvy = obesity

First post = obese. This pic is of someone who is pear shaped, not curvy. Curvy is pecs and hips. Some women might stretch curvy to include size 16-18, depending on the context.
  63. dogkat

Wow... I'm A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here

Did anyone see this conversation? http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/chris-and-julias-sneaky-xrated-im-a-celeb-gag/news-story/56b21e76df297051dbc67f6eaf5afa22 (Hopefully the old link works.)
  64. dogkat

push for junk food ban at the footy...

Leviathan?
  65. dogkat

push for junk food ban at the footy...

Who are you? Where did you come from? You're not another bloody person who has changed their name, are you? :|
  66. dogkat

possible power outage nsw

Dammit, don't you change your name too! I can't keep track of who everyone is. :screamcat::screamcat:
  67. dogkat

Royal commission on catholic sex abuse

I can't remember when it was - ages ago. I so wish I could sig that bolded sentence.
  68. dogkat

It's a bit hard to step a foot in the door when you are on fire. You can be very passionate in your discussions, to the extent that you also offend others. I have previously indicated there are some things I have issues with Rome about, which you have indicated means I'm not Catholic in your...
  69. dogkat

The hell reference was a joke. :) (I did think its location was quite ironic though!) You may have said some things in amongst your 'discussions' with Realist that were specific to those 'discussions', but he can wind anyone up :p Others have quite happily said things that were just plain...
  70. dogkat

Note: Realist90 isn't the only Catholic in the Kennel. Yes, Rome did some amazingly bad things in their management which I would struggle to forgive. But in my eyes, there have been comments about Catholicism in this thread that are inappropriate.
  71. dogkat

This sentence is obviously an attack on Catholicism. If you were being respectful, you would not have inserted the word "hell". Obviously.
  72. dogkat

LMAO - I am so funny

So you sexually harassed her, and got off on it so much you then logged onto the Kennel to boast about it?
  73. dogkat

Zooper Dooper Appreciation thread

I bought a packet about 2 weeks ago, when it was disgustingly hot. They are brilliant. No kids with me as an excuse :)
  74. dogkat

IMDb shutting down their message boards (this is BIG)

As opposed to all the total angels on The Kennel. :)
  75. dogkat

Keep Assassin Smiling - Get Well Soon

The Kenneller previously known as Tank was you? I thought you were GodFather?
  76. dogkat

The Consolidated Boxing Thread

Apart from a boxing ring, how is a cheap shot different to a coward's punch?
  77. dogkat

Assassin has changed his name? We need a thread dedicated to name changes so I know who is who! :screamcat:
  78. dogkat

Hopefully it is just the off season but

I dare you to go on a Kennel rampage. *So long as it doesn't include me.
  79. dogkat

How many kids have you got? No. of kids/30 mins = Poor bloody missus.
  80. dogkat

I'd still take an introduction from you :) :)
  81. dogkat

Australia Day thread

Yeah, but I also know of a local town's Citizen of the Year award that went to someone because of work she is paid for. (I'm not saying the Australian of the year shouldn't have got his award - he's obviously pretty special.)
  82. dogkat

Australia Day thread

The thing I hate about Australia Day is when people get awards for doing what they are paid to do. Whereas people who have volunteered their whole life (on top of doing their paid job), aren't recognised.
  83. dogkat

Everything Trump - Discussion Thread

I know a lot of people don't like him, but on The Project tonight, Waleed Aly listed all the changes Trump has made in his first week as President. It took ages for him to list them all, and not one did I think "that's a good idea". It was also pointed out that NASA (I think it was) import a...
  84. dogkat

That was quick! :)
  85. dogkat

@Papa Het - make me a country farmhouse kitchen with timber benchtops, cream cupboards and a double butlers sink. (I rent an apartment and am broke, but don't let that stop you.)
  86. dogkat

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

I was going to give you a 'questionable' but like you too much to do that. So I'll just say: The hell it does!
  87. dogkat

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

Han Solo and the Last Jedi ... no, wait, he's dead. *sobs quietly*
  88. dogkat

Imagine being married to this uber bitch

Bloody oath. If you realise you have accidentally posted the same as me, you'd better change it straight away. I can't have the same post as someone else, it wouldn't be natural.
  89. dogkat

@ASSASSIN - you're meant to be resting and familiarising yourself with your new body part. :)
  90. dogkat

It wasn't bad. :smilecat:
  91. dogkat

I'm 45. You're skating on really thin ice.
  92. dogkat

new years resolutions

My New Year's resolutions were pretty much the same as previous years - lose weight, get fit, get a new job. I was visiting family over the Xmas/New Year break. Mum suggested on New Year's Day that we have Maccas for tea (she was sick of cooking/washing up). At least 1 resolution blown in...
  93. dogkat

Using exclamation mark (!) in a sentence - is this rude?

She's not, but we will !!! :p :p :p Bazinga! Anyway, she's not shouting at you, she's not using the exclamation marks in their correct context, and if she's trying to recruit you, she shouldn't have signed off with 'cheers'. She just used poor punctuation.
  94. dogkat

2 media personalities on TV you'd remove forever.

I wish I was as slim and pretty as Samantha Armitage. Your 'line' is the only thing out of proportion here.
  95. dogkat

Fair enough. I guess I missed some of that with Waleed.
  96. dogkat

I don't understand the hate for Waleed Aly? Yes, he voices his opinion, but you don't have to agree with it. And he does have a brain. I like him. Carrie Bickmore doesn't pretend to be anything she is not. However, she did support her first husband through brain cancer. And she has used her...
  97. dogkat

Bring back the kennel survey

@Rodzilla - that's the best you've got?
  98. dogkat

Merry Christmas mega thread

It's a Merry Christmas thread. @Boxer and @Zee Please take the deliberate baiting and abuse out of this thread. It's purpose is to celebrate happiness and time with family, not slagging off at someone you don't like. Merry Christmas to all in the Kennel. I will be travelling to country NSW...
  99. dogkat

CAREER CHANGE - Train Driver

Just trying to be realistic. Might only happen once in a career.
  100. dogkat

CAREER CHANGE - Train Driver

I've been on a train that hit someone. Don't know any details of how they came to be there or what the result was. Ambos, Police Rescue etc in attendance. We were stuck on the train for an hour - they talked of evacuating us but eventually moved the train on. Best train guard to have had...