Search results

1. terrylamb4lyfe

Favourite regular season try

My favorite was that try that Greg Inglis set up for Lafai.
  2. terrylamb4lyfe

Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Napa is going to get called a plodder the microsecond he doesn't play as godlike as the massive expectations appear to be around here on him. I really hope I'm wrong, but this signing really was all about making sure the fans didn't riot.
  3. terrylamb4lyfe

Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

That article must have changed mate. Go back and check the link. Says 5 year 4mil. Which is even worse for us.
  4. terrylamb4lyfe

Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Hmm, who to believe? Random kennel user with a grudge against Klemmer or NRL.com? You need a source mate. As much as we all wanted the knights to get ripped off, we're the ones that got fucked over and there's no point in trying to down play this to ease the pain.
  5. terrylamb4lyfe

News David Klemmer’s father speaks out on tragic family split

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely disappointed by this whole thing but not as quick to judge. We just don't have complete information on what's going on. Still though, I just wish he at least saw out this contract before all of this stuff started.
  6. terrylamb4lyfe

News David Klemmer’s father speaks out on tragic family split

Huh? Klems stats speak for themselves. Always near the top in post contact meters and run meters. He gets us up into the red zone time and again making everyones job easier. Of course he isn't a damaging fifita style forward, but he's extremely good at what he does. You need a balance in the...
  7. terrylamb4lyfe

Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

Well... ok then. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about? And I wasn't directing any of it at you, but you were the one that barked up?
  8. terrylamb4lyfe

Ok, so you're saying we're signing Ramien? Or?
  9. terrylamb4lyfe

The Knights already denied that they were releasing anyone days ago, keep up. That was stupid kennel fodder.
  10. terrylamb4lyfe

Uh, we're replacing him with Ponga... I mean Ramien... I mean Tapau... I mean... We aren't going to get shit out of this except screwed, all of those stupid comments in here from people thinking we're just going to be able to sign someone like the above were laughable and typical of the kennel...
  11. terrylamb4lyfe

If he wasn't leaving the club would have already said something to put fans concerns at ease. They haven't. As soon as that Hill video came out the day after all this was splashed through the media I assumed Klem was gone. Hill spoke like a politician, go back and listen to his words and...
  12. terrylamb4lyfe

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Overweight, on a million dollars and played out of position. 30% paycut would be still too generous. How about a 50% paycut. I dont think overrated players who are on huge money are something the club should look at. Our team is young and bird isnt going to help us win anytime soon. We should...
  13. terrylamb4lyfe

The threads are littered with people downplaying his game and talking about how much better off we'd be. I dont like it, but I don't personally hate Klemmer for it. The board are the ones in the drivers seat who are in charge of fixing this situation.
  14. terrylamb4lyfe

Help needed!

I've got a personal issue as well, my bank account needs 1.2million. Hopefully Lynne and the board can chip in. Sending "thoughts and prayers" your way mate.
  15. terrylamb4lyfe

I can't believe how much koolaid drinking is going on in this place or how many people say stupid shit about how they don't rate him etc. Hes one of the best props in the comp. The stats back it up. Once we lose him and replace him with your standard plodder is when the real hell is going to...
  16. terrylamb4lyfe

Start handing over the membership.
  17. terrylamb4lyfe

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5735723/knights-reject-calls-from-bulldogs-for-a-player-trade-for-klemmer/?cs=7580 NRL | Knights shut down Bulldogs' requests for a player trade involving Test prop David Klemmer Per above, we aren't getting shit from Newcastle.
  18. terrylamb4lyfe

I know what you're saying but I can't get behind it entirely. Field position is enormous. Klemmer is the best forward in the comp at bringing the ball up to the redzone. How good will Ponga look when he's in attacking position constantly? Yes, we need other forwards to be offloading and doing...
  19. terrylamb4lyfe

I don't have an issue with him chasing the money, once his contract is up. If he was going to do this he should have done it when we were offloading players about a year ago and then the club wouldn't be in this awful position. We could have kept Graham or someone else. Despite results the...
  20. terrylamb4lyfe

And why would the knights release Ponga? Thats putting money on them being even more retarded than us, which I find unlikely. I just don't get threads like this. It's exactly why everyone is going to be even more outraged when we end up getting fucked over, again.
  21. terrylamb4lyfe

Since trades rarely happen in this sport let me propose a more realistic trade: Knights get Klemmer. We get nothing. This is what the likely outcome will be. Now back to your regular scheduled programming around how we should get Ponga.
  22. terrylamb4lyfe

Petition to change the thread title to: If we release David Klemmer we can eat another turd sandwich.
  23. terrylamb4lyfe

Awful situation. And I just can't get behind any of the spin our fans are putting on this to downplay the issue.
  24. terrylamb4lyfe

Official Bergamin and Carr released

Lichaa touches the ball before our halves though. How are our halves going to improve his fundamentals? Will having good halves make Lichaa have the ability to throw a quality pass from dummy half? When was the last time he was man of the match, or even did ... anything? Every other decent...
  25. terrylamb4lyfe

Is Foran Bad for the Bulldogs Rebuild?

Manly have cap issues so I'm sure they'd absolutely love for us to pay anyone to go there. Lets imagine its even considered for 1 second (it wont be). It would be absolutely stupid to pay foran out, especially to go to manly. Imagine the fan outrage if he maintained health and had a great...
  26. terrylamb4lyfe

Not comparing this to the Foran situation as that money is already spent. I don't hate SJ... but the question in my mind is more "do you think SJ is worth over a million dollars?". Justifying his pricetag will be tough for most clubs to be honest. I think the way we're going about building our...
  27. terrylamb4lyfe

No thanks to SJ. The reason he's potentially on the market is because he want's a huge contract and the warriors are considering letting him walk. Speaks volumes. And besides that, we can't just "medically retire" a player on a whim. Not sure why it keeps getting brought up like we can just...
  28. terrylamb4lyfe

Just thought I'd chime in here. Before we signed Foran there was a few articles floating around from his time in the Warriors. It was specifically mentioned that he was helping their younger players/rookies go over tape/film sessions after hours in his own time. We all know the story of...
  29. terrylamb4lyfe

News Hill rules out Seggy,says we have wiggle room in cap and stadium update.

It'd be incredibly pointless signing Reynolds to replace Lichaa. If we can't sign someone who would be in our long term plans immediately we should just ride Lichaa out and then replace him once his contract is up. Reynolds would just be another stop gap and a waste of money that we will need...
  30. terrylamb4lyfe

Where will we finish in 2019 with our current signings?

10th to 14th. I think there's a chance we can finish higher and push for top 8, but it probably depends on Foran playing each week at a high level. We're still another year of recruitment away from threatening, the roster just isn't there right now.
  31. terrylamb4lyfe

News Another sponsor gone

Well, I guess they see it as they have to protect their brand. Like it or not plenty of people were riled up by the media and were outraged. I dont think they give 2 shits about 0.0001% of their customers "not buying it anymore."
  32. terrylamb4lyfe

Official Woolford leaves the Dogs

Will be interesting to see who we target now. Wonder if we use Brown + another impact hooker rotating off the bench moving forward.
  33. terrylamb4lyfe

The Board have undone all the good work.

Sponsorship deals. The great unwashed's sentiment. TV exposure. Money and typical corporate bullshit. Don't kid yourself, as much as I absolutely disagree with the decision this was only going to go one way for the club. The bulldogs being the 'bad guys' has been the biggest selling point for...
  34. terrylamb4lyfe

Goodbye frawley

Frawley is a reserve grader and doesn't deserve the hammering.
  35. terrylamb4lyfe

Departing Players

The morris boys had huge games this week. Really hard kick chase and great defensively. I think we're going to notice them gone the most of all of the players we're losing in recent times. I suspect we will leak a ton of points down the edge with them gone next year.
  36. terrylamb4lyfe

Departing Players

Still contracted for next season unfortunately and I doubt any other team wants to take him. I think we'll see his name being announced next year around this time. Hopefully Woolford is ready for a run at some point next year so we can see whether he's the future.
  37. terrylamb4lyfe

Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Looking forward to seeing him combine with foran next year. My only concern is that teams will catch on with his statue like kicking game and rush him every single time, so far so good, but I suspect he is going to be tested next year when teams look at the tape. Was a few kicks today that...
  38. terrylamb4lyfe

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Must be so much gold early in this thread to dig up and quote at this point. We are still a young team and Pay will have to continue to prove himself, but f%#ing seriously, the early overreactions from our angry braindead fans who couldn't see the big picture about our team would be...
  39. terrylamb4lyfe

ISP Not an indication of how good a player is

If lewis doesnt play vs the warriors and JMK is in the halves again we lose by 20 and this thread doesn't even exist. Everyone is getting swept away with the hype because we won. Please consider sample size. Hope these blokes keep killing it, but seriously, this thread is a massive knee jerk...
  40. terrylamb4lyfe

Absolutely, so far so good. I thought the exact same as well. He doesn't rely on athleticism, but on his decision making and solid defense. It's just so early though, he will be put through the fire once teams start targetting him and game planning around him. Hopefully he comes out on the...
  41. terrylamb4lyfe

Signs look good but it's too early to annoint him. So many halves have had good starts. If he keeps this form up though he looks like he could play 250+ games for our club. That was a legit performance today, and a better one than M'bye ever had at our club.
  42. terrylamb4lyfe

Wakeham Called in for Frawley in ISP

Thread is f@#kin hilarious. The knee jerk in here is insane. Let me get this right. A 19 year old player is rushed into reserve grade for his debut, doesn't attempt a field goal and due to that has his entire career from that point forward completely written off. Any future in the sport at...
  43. terrylamb4lyfe

Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

We're doing well, but this is the worst ive seen the broncos go in a very long time.
  44. terrylamb4lyfe

Someone needs to go back to those games we lost by X points at the start of the year and see how many we would have won if we had martin.
  45. terrylamb4lyfe

Alot of trash talk but if the dogs scored and that went against us people here would be screaming blue murder.
  46. terrylamb4lyfe

The reason BMoz chose the Roosters.

I understand the decision to let them go but it still sucks. Now back to your regular scheduled programming of our fans crapping on every player who leaves the club.
  47. terrylamb4lyfe

Rhyse Martin re-signs one year deal

Glad we didn't end up losing him and a smart way of keeping him around.
  48. terrylamb4lyfe

Halves Need Changing

I think Lichaa needs to be hooked before the halves. Whats the go with Woolford, is he injured?
  49. terrylamb4lyfe

We MUST retain Tolman at all costs till 2021

I can't believe Nasheed makes sense here. I was expected to get Rick Rolled or something at the end of his post.
  50. terrylamb4lyfe

Canterbury coach Dean Pay brushes off salary caps woes to target 2019 NRL finals

Would absolutely love to keep him, but I also understand that he's probably going to be getting big outside offers based off of a handful of games. He's a late bloomer and already in his mid 20s, I do not want a situation where we over pay for some bloke only for him to go back into his shell...
  51. terrylamb4lyfe

Bulldogs Re-sign Lachlan Lewis for 2 years.

I doubt its that low. Interested to see if any figures get released. Spine players have a higher positional value, cap is going up and it would also depend on outside interest. It was reported other clubs were sniffing him out. Really hope he builds on what he's done so far and turns into a star.
  52. terrylamb4lyfe

Michael Lichaa consolidated thread

Has Woolford been injured?
  53. terrylamb4lyfe

Cant Blame This Team

I get the post, but the only people who didn't understand this already were your classic kennel deluded angry dogs fans. sack pay. sack the players. sack everyone. we should be better. why did we miss out on (insert junior player that every other team is chasing). The answers are obvious...
  54. terrylamb4lyfe

Nick Meaney - 2018 Consolidated Thread

Rather have Mbye? Mbye was reportedly on 900k and played a handful of decent games for us over many years during his tenure here. Meaney will be on an absolute pittance. We're at the start of a multi year rebuild. I just dont understand how our fans ignore the big picture and demand we sign...
  55. terrylamb4lyfe

That defensive lapse is bound to happen when you're blooding young players. Combinations arent there yet. This time it seemed like it was started from that bad Lichaa play but whatever, just happy with how the boys put in tonight as we looked more exciting than we have for a very long time...
  56. terrylamb4lyfe

Winning solves everything, I hope we can keep this momentum going. This is the best we've looked for a long time, play with that effort win or lose. Our fanbase is way too emotional and can't look at things objectively. Dogs fans are always looking for someone to blame.
  57. terrylamb4lyfe

Rhyse Martin - Consolidated Thread

As soon as he steps off the field have the contract ready for him with a pen in hand.
  58. terrylamb4lyfe

Has pay unintentionally exposed the inflated value of a coach ?

All sport is the same. Coach takes the blame for the losses, players take the credit for the wins.
  59. terrylamb4lyfe

Thief in the night

Not a fan of trashing someone just because they took what was offered. Typical kennel.
  60. terrylamb4lyfe

Montoya a centre WTF

I dont know why people are concerned or angered. Its time to experiment since we're not contending until 2021.
  61. terrylamb4lyfe

Manly drop Suli

All the psyical attributes but mentally he seems to be weak. Not a player you want around when you're trying to develop a culture of winning. Its unfortunate, maybe he does put it all together one day.
  62. terrylamb4lyfe

Have we now got $1.2M

I think we're better off going for younger players, promoting juniors and going for bargain buys. Fans want names and "star" players, but the situation we're in they aren't going to be helping us win a premiership. They're just a waste of money to put uneducated fans bums of seats. Let me put...
  63. terrylamb4lyfe

Have we now got $1.2M

We've already made a few signings for next season and theres undisclosed amounts being paid to players we're releasing. Reality is, we don't know how much cap space we have but I'd suspect it's tighter than 1.2m.
  64. terrylamb4lyfe

Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

Also, don't get wound up about us "paying out players" at other clubs. At this point its absolutely what we should be doing. Anything to get rid of them. It's better to endure short term pain than have this bullshit drag out for a longer period of years. Next year is a complete write off...
  65. terrylamb4lyfe

Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

To be honest, this is a good thing. His contract was stated as being first 2 years 600k, last 2 years 900k. We should be looking to offload every single player on our roster, except Klemmer (and RFM). The sooner we put a broom through the place the sooner we get back to where we belong. Ignore...
  66. terrylamb4lyfe

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Not interested in Bennett under any circumstances.
  67. terrylamb4lyfe

Bulldogs can't bring in stars for three years: CEO

Culture isnt something you can fix overnight. Pay doesn't have the team he wants and is dealing with an absolute shit show.
  68. terrylamb4lyfe

Bulldogs can't bring in stars for three years: CEO

Pay is a rookie coach 10 games in with an inherited roster and a club with enormous problems who have just written off every season for the next 3 years. No coach except some absolute fraud in it for the money is going to want to come here until we fix things. Shit is going to get a hell of a...
  69. terrylamb4lyfe

Dogs beat Eels but future still bleak

Negative or realistic? We just beat the second worst team in the comp and from whats come out in relation to our cap, we have multiple years of poverty about to come our way. Our fans who don't realise that we're just at the start of this downward spiral are going to be burning when we're in...
  70. terrylamb4lyfe

Cogger watch

Cool your jets. He did nothing wrong against the tigers but wasn't dynamic by any stretch. Looked good defensively but didn't impact the game offensively. Still very young so plenty of time... but its absolutely way to early to be popping off and annointing him.
  71. terrylamb4lyfe

Will Lynne Anderson and the board step in this season?

If fans were in charge of our club we'd have a new head coach every time we lost.
  72. terrylamb4lyfe

Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Maybe he changes for 5minutes but eventually the dickhead will come out. Not worth it under any circumstances, we need to do better.
  73. terrylamb4lyfe

Bulldogs stalwart Greg Eastwood hoping with all his heart for new deal

We have no cap space and he has no impact on the team this year. I dont think you sign him for even 200k. Eastwood will have retired once this team is contending again, it's better to spend the time and money on someone not so old who doesn't have a heart condition and is on massive overs. The...
  74. terrylamb4lyfe

CONGRATS MONTOYA - Great Game/Showed Heart

He is really coming along nicely, it looks like he is going to be a long term solution on the wing for us for many years. Great to see him constantly rushing out of the line putting hits on.
  75. terrylamb4lyfe

K Foran

When he's healthy its great seeing him constantly throw his body with disregard at everything. Hamstrings always come back though and there is no fix, so its inevitably a matter of time. If he can stay healthy for the majorty of his time here though I think this is what we can expect. He's a...
  76. terrylamb4lyfe

K Foran

If he's healthy he will be fine. Eastwood is only on a smidge less this year BTW.
  77. terrylamb4lyfe

K Foran

He's been good since he got here.
  78. terrylamb4lyfe

So many positives

Setting expecations early is a good thing with our current roster... I'm just here to say, don't get frustrated if we can't play with that level of emotion and effort week to week. That win seemed to take alot of effort, and penrith was really close to knocking us off and had a number of...
  79. terrylamb4lyfe

Most important match of our season?

I felt like we had a chance the last few weeks. I feel less confident against penrith this week and will be prepping the alcohol accordingly. Please do something tonight lads.
  80. terrylamb4lyfe

Dean Pay's Round Three Game Plan

I was about 8 schooners deep our last 2 floggings so I can assure you that the madness has already happened.
  81. terrylamb4lyfe

Why are people criticising Pay

Im neutral towards Pay. Not optimistic or pessimistic at this stage, realistically he probably has a minimum of until the end of next season to start winning games and making us competitive or the questions will start getting harder to answer for him. Sucks that he came in and inherited a...
  82. terrylamb4lyfe

If we want to succeed players we hate and love must go

Pay couldn't do too much this year with the roster he inherited, unfortunately were stuck with a bunch of players we need to get rid of who are on backended contracts. Roster has been our issue for a few seasons now. We do have cogger coming next year for frawley and I'm sure there will be more...
  83. terrylamb4lyfe

Worrying signs

The worrying sign to me is how unintelligent our fanbase is to be honest. I know, its just post game disappointment, but noone on this earth had us penned in as 2 and 0 after seeing our draw and the millions of other factors coming into 2018. But lets just keep raging about bringing in...
  84. terrylamb4lyfe

What did you really expect?

Surprise! Its 2018, and like every expert expected we're not a top 8 side. We've played the 2 heavy weights for the season and lost. Both weeks, despite the scoreline we had our chances and were in it. Lets not even factor in the new coach, roster changes, overhaul of style, boardroom bs and...
  85. terrylamb4lyfe

R1 - Bulldogs Vs Storm - Team List & Discussion Thread

We're not supposed to be contenders this year. If we push top 8 it will be an achievement. Happy with how we looked.
  86. terrylamb4lyfe

Moses Suli agrees to part company

Sad to see him go, absolute club legend but I understand we couldn't hold him back from his dreams of becoming a professional dumpster diver.
  87. terrylamb4lyfe

Refs relationship with Dogs in 2018

Every fan base of every sport thinks they're hard done by in relation to the refs. Unless someone has a specific point of view and cites stats it's hard to take any of it seriously.
  88. terrylamb4lyfe

Why hasn't Mbye played every minute thus far

I hope this is the correct answer, we will find out. But honestly, literally every single team in history have said they're training the house down every single offseason.
  89. terrylamb4lyfe

Canterbury try to find Moses Suli accommodation closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled recruit

Expectations are completely different. This isn't a normal job. He's in a very competitive environment where he is replacible in a very quick time-frame if he doesn't pull it together. This isn't some kid on a construction site hiding and having a few extra smoko's a day or turning up 5 mins...
  90. terrylamb4lyfe

Matty Johns: The must-have recruit who could spark Bulldogs attack

If M'bye fails at fullback and we went after RTS for next season, I'd say that for 2019 M'bye would be likely to get shoved into the centres until his contract is up. With the Morris boys gone, it will be somewhere that we can stash him until his massive contract finishes. Anyway, speculation...
  91. terrylamb4lyfe

Captains leaving our club

Club captaincy appears to mean fuck all these days. It lost a shitload of merit when retarded shit like co-captains started popping up in large numbers a few years back. For some reason multiple co-captains became a thing around the comp and I can only assume this occurs at times as a...
  92. terrylamb4lyfe

Steve Price tells Johnathan Thurston he should take the money.

Fascinating how much history is being rewritten in this thread. Keep going fellas.
  93. terrylamb4lyfe

Canterbury board elections take on extra spice in wake of Ray Dib’s Des Hasler, James Graham comment

Make no mistakes. There is no winners this election except for the people who are about to get paid for being elected onto our board. Never tether yourself to any sort of politician and question every single side. The protest vote is a dangerous thing. From what I can tell so far, there is...
  94. terrylamb4lyfe

New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay’s position bombshells to revive Dogs of war in 2018

RFM looks like he's going to be a future gun, in limited minutes he was looking extremely hard to stop. All goes well I can see him having a breakout season this year. I must have missed the part where there was discussion about Tolman playing at lock. Just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...
  95. terrylamb4lyfe

More kicks in general play for 2018?

Remember when Frawley came into first grade and made a few grubbers, everyone lost their mind. What is this repeat set we are seeing? It was something we were not used to seeing at Belmore for quite some time. Its going to be interesting to see if the positive vibes continue once we get into...
  96. terrylamb4lyfe

2018 Season Preview - Zero Tackle

No doubt. Hopefully we start out strong and that feeling that we can go into any game and be competitive comes back again. Shit, it's feeling like that now but I'm trying to temper expectations a bit... Storm in round 1 is going to be a big test.
  97. terrylamb4lyfe

2018 Season Preview - Zero Tackle

In terms of odds of making the 8 from the bookies, we're not within the top 8 sides. This article is realistic. Fans are inherently bias and wearing blue and white goggles. Of course we're a chance of turning things around and doing anything this year; the comp is pretty open. Theres tons of...