Search results

1. bulldogruss

No Source Trey Mooney

can confirm
  2. bulldogruss

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Yes you can pay for one game on the app. Interesting that Liam Knight not one of those rested in case of being needed on Friday…
  3. bulldogruss

A win in every grade so far today. Let’s hope the NRL can make it a clean sweep of 7
  4. bulldogruss

Should have given Todd and knight a rest, both gassed and causing defensive mistakes
  5. bulldogruss

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Scraped in with the win in Lisa Fiaola cup too, 94-0.
  6. bulldogruss

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

Hey I’ve got no problems with you moving the goal posts if that’s your thing. I’ll assume you also don’t include FOXTEL, channel 9 or daily telegraph too then… Any others Freakzilla believes shouldn’t be excluded from the strong statement of “literally no one”? [emoji6]
  7. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

He’s simply indicating he’s always rated him. Don’t take the comment so literally.
  8. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

He said very similar back in 2020 mate. I don’t “eat it all up” but I’m also not quick to judge But you do you
  9. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

What’s funny about that?
  10. bulldogruss

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Well you were right I guess
  11. bulldogruss

Man down late in the game, first game in doesn’t help. This will help in the long run
  12. bulldogruss

Barakat quite impressive so far. Seve continuing where he left off last year. Great energy, forwards looking alright and positive signs. Just let a try in though as I type.
  13. bulldogruss

I just had a look and the article says you can get a year for $49.99 but the only option when you download is $8.99 / month (2 week trial). Much rather do the year if we have to pay now
  14. bulldogruss

Opinion Pre Season Training

Yes 1030 -1215 tomorrow. 930 - 1130 on Sat. Friday not on field (doing wrestle out west instead)
  15. bulldogruss

Yes, Tuesday and Thursday from 1030 - 12. Saturday 930 - 1130
  16. bulldogruss

Field session 2 till 3:30 today
  17. bulldogruss

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

Did you catch him out on Christmas Day helping out with the Laundy breakfast for the less fortunate? Only player I noticed there (and wouldn’t expect them to do it). Does say a bit about his mindset I think.
  18. bulldogruss

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

It’s in order of captains. RFM No.2
  19. bulldogruss

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Wearing number #3, Burton to centre confirmed
  20. bulldogruss

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I just got the double on my Facebook feed
  21. bulldogruss

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

He pops up on Facebook too. Would definitely be well planned if a troll, but from what I’ve seen there I would lean towards the former.
  22. bulldogruss

Fanu signed 3 years

You mean Fanafou Seve yeah? https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/fanafou-seve-signs-3-year-development-top-30-deal.127768/ His brother is Itula Seve
  23. bulldogruss

Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

Personally I don’t think we can say the coach traditionally picks and sticks after just one season, when in that period we used the most, or among the most, players of all clubs. Injuries weren’t the only reason for those changes either.
  24. bulldogruss

Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

Wasn’t it a Paul Crawley speculation article this morning (I avoid reading his “work”) but heard it’s what he said in there
  25. bulldogruss

Sounds good. If not, will definitely try and catch up there prior to the Christmas break.
  26. bulldogruss

I haven’t been able to head over yet this pre-season, just had too much on. Maybe Friday if it’s afternoon? Will you be around?
  27. bulldogruss

That can’t be right mate, he wasn’t sighted in all of the (9) photos posted by the club today… [emoji6]
  28. bulldogruss

News Did Phil Gould get guilty about RFM drama? Brent Read thinks so (says Gus is lying)

Brent Read - “Sorry Gus, you’re actually not that interesting. “ * Writes another article about Gus *
  29. bulldogruss

News Pre Season Returns Nov 8th

Pretty sure for some around here you need to use smaller words, speak slower, or use pictures to explain it to them..
  30. bulldogruss

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

The first hurdle is warriors need to agree. Will need to be patient on this one.
  31. bulldogruss

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

That isn’t the evidence you think it is
  32. bulldogruss

Official Internationals

Ron Massey this year
  33. bulldogruss

Curran signed.

He averaged 46 mins a game last year, which is down on his previous average but due to Tohu Harris and others getting bigger minutes. Whilst a few have discussed him on an edge, he’s played plenty of middle (lock) & is almost identical size to King. So in effect can cover lock, prop and second...
  34. bulldogruss

Yeah, our summer squad for SG Ball and Harold Matt’s were announced back on 4th October and were set to start a couple of weeks later, so I’m sure they have, or about to as well. https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2023/10/04/academy-news-2024-male-representative-summer-squads/
  35. bulldogruss

Social Media Josh Curran

Considering we broke our affiliation with them at the end of last year…..no
  36. bulldogruss

Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

Hard to compare metres gained as they both played different roles in their team, but King averaged 52 mins per game and Curran 46 last season. This was down for both on their previous season. Curran was not first option for hit ups so obviously didn’t get as many on average which makes it hard...
  37. bulldogruss

Won’t be NRL. Likely the junior trial teams
  38. bulldogruss

News Pre-season return dates for every club

Melbourne cup on Tuesday, gives them 2 days to recover from a bender.
  39. bulldogruss

Players are doing training individually or in small groups, but it isn’t driven by the club due to RLPA agreements, it’s players keeping fit themselves.
  40. bulldogruss

2023 Pacific Cup - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

The one that’s in the bin
  41. bulldogruss

News The wives and girlfriends of the 2023 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

I can’t agree with you on that one. In my experience around retail in Sydney, they are basically the target market for those products. They are a key demographic for the brands to be successful. Of course your partner and her circle may be different.
  42. bulldogruss

Social Media Josh Curran

Basically identical weight and height to Max. @Bulldogsteve would probably have a stronger view being closer to his career. We would probably want more hitups from him, which is different from what warriors have used him for. It’s possible. At the very least a very good lock option, who could...
  43. bulldogruss

Social Media Josh Curran

Well, you may be looking to frame it that way, seeing as your previous comment about him wasn’t accurate. But here is another view that is closer to the situation in NZ:- “He could find himself a victim of the salary cap, as the Warriors have a number of young forwards they will be looking to...
  44. bulldogruss

Social Media Josh Curran

His errors last year (12), and penalties conceded (4), rank well down on others as a total, and an average, when also factoring in his average minutes (46 per game). Despite what others may suggest, it isn’t an issue based on the actual numbers. Solid in defence too, gets a decent amount of...
  45. bulldogruss

What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

Sometimes things just don’t work out / align for either or both parties. Same as a typical workplace.
  46. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

You misunderstand the point brother. There is way too much chatter (in my opinion) on something small like this. Sure, it’s good Jobels thought of doing it, and have kept it going. Complaining about who they put on, who deserves to be on it, linking the decisions back to the state of the club...
  47. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

Sure. You’re right, it is a little thing. I’m surprised that so many are so hung up on it, that’s all. Maybe it’s me in the minority.
  48. bulldogruss

Official Lets Trot Show (Fox and Mansour Podcast)

No nothing controversial. He just said the media have taken it their way. He said he is appealing the suspension as they (NRL) hasn’t cared about Koori knockout before, and doesn’t think any punishment for what happened there should include a suspension. I didn’t hear him say, or allude to...
  49. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

Am I the only one that doesn’t give a **** about a mural? Way too much thought put into it I think. It’s not even organised by the club. I mean seriously guys!
  50. bulldogruss

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

It’s an interesting one. Playing for the tigers since, after the SG Ball season finished in April. Had a development contract with us for next year too. Must have received better assurances of progress there.
  51. bulldogruss

Referring to the link I provided earlier for the NRL player lists by club, it is the most accurate that’s available publicly I understand, though it’s not perfect. The development players for us is an example, having Iverson Matai listed despite leaving us earlier in the year. Overall though...
  52. bulldogruss

Yes would have to assume that his along with Hopoi, O’Neill, Rajab are second tier / development deals
  53. bulldogruss

I personally wouldn’t bother using zero tackle, as it does have a history of being wrong. Here’s the NRL tracker which is usually much more spot on, for future reference if desired...
  54. bulldogruss

Stephen Crichton

The coach has said he just wants him to run
  55. bulldogruss

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

Yes. He left Tigers when Sheens joined them, as part of their review.
  56. bulldogruss

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

And that Gus arrived in “late 2019”. It was July 2021, so a fair way off the mark. The best info is the stuff from interviewing Hartigan.
  57. bulldogruss

Tevita Pangai Junior reveals grim reality of NRL exit

I recall being at pre-season training on TPJ birthday. The guy wasn’t training (and hadn’t for the majority of pre-season) and was floating around the field and the sheds. At the end of the sessions they’ll get any of the birthday guys in the middle of the huddle usually, get them doing a bit...
  58. bulldogruss

Opinion Emerging players to watch across all grades in 2024

Thanks. I know myself and a few others have definitely been keen to keep a close eye on the juniors coming through, and I have been fortunate enough to get to games and training. I’d rather this kind of thing be the topic of conversation, rather than a lot of the rubbish that seems to be...
  59. bulldogruss

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

Mitchell Woods - Harold Matts
  60. bulldogruss

I was thinking about this earlier today and I do agree. NSW cup is nice to win of course, but our recent history of success there hasn’t meant much. Bears playing the grand final today and have a number of players that have been around the traps and failed to step up when they’ve had the chance.
  61. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

You say there are holes in other people’s defence of Gus, however there are also holes in your attack on him too. Particularly when you use examples in your own comments which are incorrect. You flagged Marshall as one of two examples of the better juniors which were here prior to Gus...
  62. bulldogruss

Tickets available at the gate
  63. bulldogruss

Official Gus on Twitter

The video itself is a re-post from back in March
  64. bulldogruss

News Canterbury Bulldogs Set To Apply For Historic NRLW License Declare Themselves Fully Equipped To Host Matches

Here’s a poorly thought out take, with misinformation thrown in for good measure. Tell me, who are the “Plenty of clubs” who don’t have a jersey flegg team…? Answer - There are 12 teams in Jersey Flegg. The 5 “missing” are 4 x QLD (they have their own comp) and NZ. All other teams are...
  65. bulldogruss

Can’t agree with you there mate. NSW cup maybe, but not near ready for NRL in my view. Defensively still a way to go. Even in last weeks game he had some bad lapses. Happy for him to prove me wrong though.
  66. bulldogruss

I also assumed this but being honest hadn’t checked it. Fanafou definitely stood out, considering the team overall didn’t make finals.
  67. bulldogruss

Thanks Hackenbush, I do agree with Harry Hayes, strong kid who looks like he will go well. Not sold on Kautoga and Gray I must say. Whilst Gray has been reliable at hooker, others have been prioritised through the season. Kautoga came to us during the season and didn’t really stand out, maybe...
  68. bulldogruss

Yes good call, I had Itula initially in there but was part of my cull to reduce names, I didn’t want to end up naming everyone He had a strong finals campaign after mainly starting off the bench during the season. Don’t have him rated as the best emerging player in the club just yet, but...
  69. bulldogruss

It’s only very early on in his career, he does seem to get more involved in games as the minutes tick. So far not trying to get his hands on every set etc. In his NRL stint I do think he was told just to ease into it and just focus on the basics, which is fair enough. Showed defensively he can...
  70. bulldogruss

Agree with this, very hard. Removing Woods from the equation despite only being in Harold Matt’s adds to the degree of difficulty What I will say is I am definitely going to be barracking for Isaac Matalavea-Booth to kick on. His imposing size could be great for us if he develops to NRL...
  71. bulldogruss

Understand what you’re saying stingray, and know parents will no doubt be unhappy if their kid isn’t being picked. In my opinion priority should always be with club success first, so if the development coaches feel we have to go elsewhere to get us moving forward, I’m ok with that.
  72. bulldogruss

Yeah I’ve liked that from him too. Truth is there are a number of promising guys, I tried to limit it by mainly acknowledging the guys who have gone up a level during the year and played well. Harold Matt’s the only one I couldn’t really do that for.
  73. bulldogruss

Totally agree with these guys. There are a stack of second towers that look promising, some will definitely be up for the challenge of the strong competition for spots.
  74. bulldogruss

Played SG ball then was in and out of Jersey Flegg team for the remainder of the season. Think he’s got talent, but there are a few 2nd towers challenging too at the moment.
  75. bulldogruss

I do agree on Harrison (if he does re-sign). I think they'll run with Karl at 5/8 for now (and possibly for the next couple of seasons, but could eventually move to lock. We will have a fair indication in December training though i think.
  76. bulldogruss

I agree with all of those too (I culled a couple due to length :laughing:)
  77. bulldogruss

With it being a tough year in the NRL for us faithful to sit through, I thought it would be worthwhile to put together a summary of some of the talent we can look forward to watching in the future. Gus has flagged that we need to build from within if we are going to be successful moving...
  78. bulldogruss

Got injured again a couple of games in unfortunately
  79. bulldogruss

There is currently 6 spots vacant for next year, accounting for the officially announced signings. If the rumours of Topine, RFM and Sutton moving on are true that will rise. Sounds like Taukeiaho and Mann will take up two of these spots. Re-signings / upgrades of guys like Morrin, Papalii...
  80. bulldogruss

What exactly is Warburton's role?

No doubt we will have threads bitching about every role in the club over the coming weeks. Even the receptionist won’t be off limits.
  81. bulldogruss

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

I do…backwards sometimes as well. Still relevant they were on opposite sides though. Burton needs to learn to link better with those next to him.
  82. bulldogruss

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

Reynolds and Morris were on opposite sides of the field, but your Burton point still stands
  83. bulldogruss

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

He’s coaching the 1st placed bears in NSW cup, who have been impressive to watch. Coupled with his strong coaching experience, we should be at least talking to him…
  84. bulldogruss

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

There’s a team listed on NSWRL
  85. bulldogruss

Oks

OK pal
  86. bulldogruss

Oks

I know what he has said over the years, and also what he won’t deny. You’re welcome to believe whatever you like. Run along pest.
  87. bulldogruss

Oks

Maybe. Has the club decided not to offer him a contract? That’s probably the thing that’s changed.
  88. bulldogruss

Oks

I didn’t question the accuracy on if Gus is narcissistic or not. I just know Andy/Actros (Luke’s English manager) has been positive towards him in the past. My assumption is that things have changed since the July meeting and his comments around Gus are telling on what will happen next. I...
  89. bulldogruss

Oks

You’ve been pretty complimentary towards Gus in the past, and how has handled Luke. Recent discussions changed that view?
  90. bulldogruss

Oks

You’ve changed your tune Andy
  91. bulldogruss

Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

You’re not really that stupid to believe NRL360 with anything are you…? Tell me you’re better than that!