Search results

1. a dogs life

Our Forward Pack

Ideally we’d have a bit of size in the backs to help with the hit ups off our line. Hopefully Xerri and Skelton can find a way into the side.
  2. a dogs life

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Morrin having a good impact for us, has been strong so far.
  3. a dogs life

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

Don’t disagree however I think Ciraldo will not change the team unless injury forced it, for at least the first month.
  4. a dogs life

Bulldogs discard Waddell reveals why he left Belmore

No debate there, however his two before that were bog average. He’s a contract year player, nothing more.
  5. a dogs life

Corey Wadell

He had a decent season in a contract year, was putrid the first two years we had him. If he’s resigned, bearing in mind no one else has rushed to sign him, give him a 1x1 with the option in our favour. No multi year deals!!!
  6. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

Can’t recall if I saw it in the paper or it was posted in here somewhere.
  7. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

Yep I get that, more thinking/hoping that the 250k we are forced to carry for him in 2024 would be waived by the NRL given what would be an about face by TPJ. Another issue would be what another poster mentioned about us not being able to use him in some kind of player swap as he said he was...
  8. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

Guess it comes down to the terms of the exit. We may not be able to get the 250k back but if he’s at the Dolphins next year, why should we have to include the 250k in our cap. We should get an exemption for it.
  9. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

NRL needs to come down very hard on this if it were to happen as they risk creating a massive problem for themselves and the code. For example if he doesn’t retire and the terms of his exit from the Dogs changes, is he made to sit out, or do the Dogs not have to include 250k of cap space for...
  10. a dogs life

Dymock

I was of the understanding that he was also very good at mentoring/managing the islander boys, which, as it has transpired, has been an issue for the club in 2023.
  11. a dogs life

News Bulldogs set for signing spree as Gould’s hit list revealed amid clean-out: Transfer Whispers

By having a salary cap that actually works and is applied equally across all clubs, plus quite likely a player draft system. Won’t fix every problem, but would help enormously in my opinion.
  12. a dogs life

News Bulldogs set for signing spree as Gould’s hit list revealed amid clean-out: Transfer Whispers

You need 30 contracted players and must spend 95% minimum of the cap. It is utterly inevitable that we will sign some plodders on overs. Don’t hate the club for it, hate the NRL rules. You just have to hope that we are not offering 3 to 5 year deals to them. 2yrs max with an option for a...
  13. a dogs life

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

Geez, death riding a 19 year old..
  14. a dogs life

News Why agendas have crept into Bulldogs’ wrestling drama

C’mon, it’s hardly a piece of divisive, agenda driven propaganda that B-train is referring to.
  15. a dogs life

Opinion Round 1 2024 Lineup Prediction and Player Losses/Gains

Preston and King will be in the 17
  16. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

Bang on!
  17. a dogs life

Tpj to retire from nrl

Cause he’s playing for a contract, he is otherwise dog *hit.
  18. a dogs life

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

Can see a situation where Holbrook takes over from Robinson coaching the Rorters and Robinson takes over from Fittler coaching NSW. Maybe not 2024 but decent chance in 2025 if Rorters misfire again next year.
  19. a dogs life

Belmore’s Newest Arrival ..

That’s not what he is saying or suggesting at all. If what is happening at the club is a clean out of whiney bitches with poor attitudes that are complaining about the intensity at training, then bring it on.
  20. a dogs life

Is our Beloved Bulldogs Club copping a good dose of Karma ?

Nicely written. If there is a challenger ticket for the next elections, hopefully voting members take a very close look at who puts themselves forward. If it is anyone who had anything to do with the administration of the club between 2012 and up until Khoury was voted in, they need to revisit...
  21. a dogs life

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

They think he can play fullback obviously so all of us nuffies will have to wait to see. Don’t see how people can possibly write him off at this juncture. At 700k there are plenty of fullbacks in the NRL right now on considerably more, so at worst, if he doesn’t pan out at no.1, we may have...
  22. a dogs life

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Am not liking it at all….he was putrid when filling in there earlier this season.
  23. a dogs life

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

Let’s hope BBO can stay injury free and string together a bunch of games this season and have a good off season. He has some skill and could still be a very good half back for us in 2024.
  24. a dogs life

Thompson out for season

Pre June 30 player swap and they don’t want to risk him getting injured again?
  25. a dogs life

Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

Take it easy sweetheart
  26. a dogs life

Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

Great try Skelton!!!
  27. a dogs life

News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

Perhaps, however with the exception of a few very special players, most backs will struggle when their forwards are being dominated.
  28. a dogs life

News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

Still light on in the forwards. Until that is sorted, this spine won’t realise it’s potential at our club.
  29. a dogs life

SOO

Clearly missed before Hynes and Fox. Clearly was dreadful. One dimensional kicking and providing little direction for the team. The more I see him play origin, the more I think he’s another Mitchell Pearce….great club footballer but doesn’t make the step up to dominate at origin. Our biggest...
  30. a dogs life

Will the Bulldogs Retain Paul Alamoti

Geez, he’s 19 in his first year in the NRL, calm down and give him some time.
  31. a dogs life

Does Burton have the potential to finally be the answer to our long running #7 problem?

Have no doubt that he could, question is does he see himself as a 6 or a 7. Seems for now he’s happy to fill at 7 to help the team however it’s not his long term preference based on why he quit the Panthers to come to Belmore. If we moved him to 7 and replaced him at 6 with someone else...
  32. a dogs life

Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

Hopefully starting will mean that when he calls for the ball, he’ll generally get it, rather than the ball being thrown to someone else.
  33. a dogs life

Something Positive Amongst the Sea of Tripe

Prefer Brown as 14 and Reynolds and Perham back to Cup.
  34. a dogs life

News Ciraldo needs to have a long, hard look at his attack as Warriors blunt Bulldogs in impressive win

We also need to re think our gang tackling technique. I assume we are being coached to defend by not going low in a gang tackle, perhaps due to the potential for concussions, however the current approach is also not working.
  35. a dogs life

News Ciraldo needs to have a long, hard look at his attack as Warriors blunt Bulldogs in impressive win

That’s all good stuff, however the immediate problem is in the forwards. Shuffling the deck chairs in the backs is not going to change things without some drastic action up front. Not sure if this is an issue we can deal with this year with the current roster or not. I hope we can.
  36. a dogs life

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

Seriously? 18yo playing his 3rd game behind a beaten pack! that’s the least of our problems.
  37. a dogs life

Please not Reynolds playing lock
  38. a dogs life

Nice footwork, well done Harrison
  39. a dogs life

Forwards a bigger problem for us.
  40. a dogs life

We’ve got to get the ball runner on the ground and slow it down. Warriors just marching down field too easily.
  41. a dogs life

Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

Twice now he’s sprinted out of the line leading to a try.
  42. a dogs life

Lurking in the background…
  43. a dogs life

I’m not sure this referee realises that forward passes are infringements.
  44. a dogs life

This Canberra hooker thinks he’s playing rugby. We don’t have mauls in league.
  45. a dogs life

News Manly ‘desperation signing’ done despite Dogs denials as Gould’s UK Flanagan offload bid revealed

Manly have a time limit on them with Origin approaching. For once I want us to do better out of this than the other team, by way of getting a decent player in return.
  46. a dogs life

News Olapau debutant beautiful, emotional reaction to first game win

Good hands, if defence can improve, lock?
  47. a dogs life

KO Debut

Surely you don’t think he would have been given anything other than a simple set of instructions from CC for his debut??? Just to go out and do the basics well and enjoy the experience. He did that and more, no need to be salty about it.
  48. a dogs life

Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

Am also hoping this lines up with the Rabbits hopefully getting Wighton this season.
  49. a dogs life

Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

Exactly what needs to happen but I don’t think it will.
  50. a dogs life

Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Hopefully third time is a charm with a rookie coach.
  51. a dogs life

Rumour Stephen Crighton

Probably 3x the cost so he’d better be!!!!!
  52. a dogs life

Rumour Stephen Crighton

Yep…no thanks.
  53. a dogs life

Who should be our coach in 2023?

Fake news!
  54. a dogs life

Who should be our coach in 2023?

Completely agree, if Gus is considering him a serious candidate. A couple of losses will have the Kennel calling for his head. He seems to be a calming influence on the group and a link to a champion era, it’d be good to have him involved somewhere. If been steadfast in us not recruiting...
  55. a dogs life

TPJ

When he plays like this he should be on the bench for NSW
  56. a dogs life

Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

This is exactly what we needed to do after last week, plenty of points and effort!!!!
  57. a dogs life

Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

Cannot believe how slow Flanagan is. He never beats a defender with footwork.
  58. a dogs life

Official Bulldogs to receive funding for State-of-the-Art Centre of Excellence at Belmore Sports Ground

He doesn’t think professional sport needs funding for stadiums and centres of excellent as his days of playing elite sport have finished.
  59. a dogs life

News Phil Gould should call off the search - the Bulldogs have found their new head coach

I like what Potter is doing, but fair dinkum, Paul Crawley would have to be one of the worst rugby league observers going around. Poor bugger is as dumb as a spud.
  60. a dogs life

Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Great to see us playing some footy today.
  61. a dogs life

Fittler really? This a joke?

Given how cool Gus is playing the appointment of a coach in the wake of three clubs now looking, I am really fearful that it is lining up for Fittler to replace Barrett, as there is no way Tigers or Warriors would appoint him, therefore no reason for Gould to need to move quickly. Really hope...
  62. a dogs life

Official Jack Hetherington signs with the Knights on a 3 year-deal from 2023

Makes you wonder if Parra knows more about how his shoulder has recovered than we do.
  63. a dogs life

Official Gus on Twitter

Wonder if “well before Sept” could mean a coach whose team is in contention to play September football……
  64. a dogs life

Mick Potter

Perhaps the ones that have been told to take a hike have dropped their collective bundles, perhaps they have stopped listening to Furner, perhaps their lack of conditioning is catching up with them as the season progresses, missing Thompson and TPJ hurts us when we have to bring in lesser...
  65. a dogs life

Mick Potter

Give him a break, he’s taken over an unfit squad, devoid of basic skills and common sense, save for maybe 4 or 5 players.
  66. a dogs life

Kyle Flanagan

He’s definitely on the podium
  67. a dogs life

Im sorry Burton and JAC

Either Avo or BBO in no.14
  68. a dogs life

Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

I’d be doing this for the rest of the season now. BBO is very much a work in progress, but still offers us much more than Flanno ever will and will develop. Poor ol Flanagan is a completely one dimensional who is just not very good. A better quality team could carry him, but we don’t have...
  69. a dogs life

There was acres of space there for him. Not good enough!
  70. a dogs life

Burto showing done passion!!!!
  71. a dogs life

Give Avo or Flanno the conversion attempt please!!!!!
  72. a dogs life

Opinion Coaching Process

Irrespective of what Potter has said in regards to being interested in the full time job, he’s the only one who perfectly fits the brief Gus outlined immediately following Barrett’s sacking (including knowing the Bulldog way, has 1st coaching experience). Perhaps Gould has mentioned a September...
  73. a dogs life

Opinion MUST by the end of 2022!

Would like to keep Topine from that list, along with Vaughan and RFM, but at the right price for the last two.
  74. a dogs life

Opinion Fittler as coach?

While I think it’s a low chance of happening, it is exactly the kind of coup Gus would be chasing. He almost did it with Bennett under the radar a couple of times.
  75. a dogs life

I suspect the whole waiting till September is a ruse the throw everyone off.
  76. a dogs life

Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

I agree, I don’t understand the hostility towards him on here…..he’s only 21 and played under some shitty coaching with a lot of shitty teammates.
  77. a dogs life

Rumour New Coach and Assistant anyones guess - here's one

Hopefully he takes Gould’s advice the same way Peter Sterling did.
  78. a dogs life

Rumour New Coach and Assistant anyones guess - here's one

Only Ennis makes any kind of sense in amongst that!
  79. a dogs life

Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

This will perk up the kennel
  80. a dogs life

Opinion When will Matt Burton leave the Bulldogs?

Given Keary’s history of headknocks, he’s one or two more concussions away from what happened to Cordner. If Burton goes, could be a chook.
  81. a dogs life

Rumour James Graham

Yep fair…l guess it comes down to what is driving him. It’s a fair observation that he is not seen in the same light as some of the coaches Turbo mentioned. If that grates on him, he’d be open to change. If he doesn’t give a toss about that, he’ll stay in Melbourne. If he was going to move...
  82. a dogs life

Rumour James Graham

He has not signed a 5 year deal has he? Thought he was contracted for 1 more year. That is what Munster said on NRL360. After what Bellamy has done for Melbourne, if he wanted out early they’d let him. Having said that, there is only a small chance that it would happen. I liked Turbo’s...
  83. a dogs life

Rumour Fox off field issues

Feels like NSW is walking into an ambush. This build up is exactly what QLD like…..
  84. a dogs life

Gould shoots down Madge-Dogs whispers

Am coming around to thinking he’s after a big coach as well….he has form for it at Rorters (think press leak detailed Bennett going there) and Penrith with Bennett.
  85. a dogs life

NSW team coaches itself. Fittler is a space cadet. We cannot be that stupid.
  86. a dogs life

Opinion Michael Maguire

If it’s Maguire, he has a time limit which seems to be about 2 seasons before he loses the dressing room. Reminds me of Brian Smith a bit in that respect, aside from Maguire having won a premiership as a coach. If it included Hastings, it’d make a bitter pill easier to swallow!
  87. a dogs life

Opinion Michael Maguire

That was also my thought earlier when I saw the story about a decision on Maguire in the next week. Cannot say I am a fan, but was thinking about what Jammer said in NRL360 a couple of weeks ago, that the next coach may not necessarily be the one to take us to a premiership, rather be a shorter...
  88. a dogs life

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

JAC should not lose his origin place. He is quality and would be a completely different player on the end of the NSW backline. The NSW selectors have used the “incumbency” exercise many, many times in the past and it should be applied in this case. Someone posted the other day that Fittler...
  89. a dogs life

Hope I am wrong but cannot see them switching Dufty for Allen after today, nor dropping Thompson. I’m preparing myself for a largely unchanged team next week.
  90. a dogs life

That’s true…am sure the state of our goal line defence has not been missed by Gould and he rips Furner, who in turn will hopefully rip the plodders. Such a shame that Burton and JAC had an off day and TPJ was a late scratching.