Search results

1. W

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

This would certainly be a very "un-like CC" move, if it is true.
  2. W

Opinion Blake Taffee

Like it or not, Taffe is a confidence player. He is not one of those players like Johnathan Thurston who will find a way to dig deep when the chips down. I think that with the confidence he got from last week he will play well against Souths, but only time will tell. He is a step up from...
  3. W

Kiks in doubt for Friday

Hyper-extension caused by Liam Knight I think it was. Looked painful at the time.
  4. W

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Just saw something about Murray leaving training early with a knee issue, but they are saying that at this stage he will still play this week.
  5. W

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

I have been saying all along that Stacey should be in the centres but no one would listen to me.
  6. W

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

You were supposed to be watching the try celebration, but now you mention this I think I know who you are talking about.
  7. W

Just saw Jackson Topine heading into the sheds .... come on, belt out the team Tops.
  8. W

There might actually be something in this. However, he presumably never ran at HB the entire off-season. Souths will bomb the s**t out of him on GF. Critta and Kiraz have shown that they can handle the high ball under presure so maybe they can help him out against Souths.
  9. W

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Listening to CC praise the team and players in his press conferences it is painfully obvious that his expectations are so low as to almost non-existent.
  10. W

Apologies for the ignorance, but why is Skelton not playing NSW Cup?
  11. W

News Bulldogs eager for first win of NRL season at Belmore

All I take away from this is that CC has set his expectations very, very fucking low .... if you didn't know otherwise, reading what he says you would think the Dogs were on the top of the table, not stone-cold last (going into Round 3).
  12. W

Sounds like you are making a good case for Titans winning by 13+ .... let me have a look at the odds, might just throw a lazy few $ on Titan's to win 13+! Seriously, game could go either way based upon a concussion or injury, etc. but at least this week the Dogs should be competitive.
  13. W

Bulldogs line up round 3

That's what the off-season is supposed to be for. RL is not that complicated a game, a good coach should be able to get a team working well together over an off-season (Shane Flanagan at Dragons?) and not have to resort to the old excuse that we need 12 rounds to establish combinations, etc.
  14. W

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

I am not paying a cent to watch their crap coverage on NSWRLTV. They should be paying me to watch it.
  15. W

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Let's revisit this post at 7:45pm tomorrow night! Always happy to be proven wrong if it means the Dog get up.
  16. W

So Geoff you are saying Sharks 13+ like everyone else on here who is not dreaming!
  17. W

I am looking forward to the round 3 game against the Titans. It is a Dogs home game, pity it's at Belmore, and based upon the Titan's form against the Dragons in Round 1 we should have 2 pretty evenly matched teams. I much prefer this to getting flogged by 30+ which is unfortunately something...
  18. W

If we are honest with ourselves we all know it will be the Sharks by 13+.
  19. W

Here's Why the Bulldogs Future is Bright - The Kennel NRL Podcast #31

Mods - can we please delete this thread? I keep seeing it on the front page and thinking maybe bring this back in 2026 or 2027 if the team has improved by then. Just has no relevance to the 2024 and maybe 2025 seasons (unless Wayne Bennett takes over in 2025).
  20. W

Though that Zane was out with a PCL injury? Is Skelton suspended for that shot on that Parra centre, I don't know where on the internet to find such info? Great front-on hit but unfortunately just caught his chin.
  21. W

Rugby league guru speaks on Matt Burton (Podcast)

I say leave Burton at 5/8 and work on some attacking ideas as a team instead of just one out stuff and then high kick on the 5th.
  22. W

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

Supposedly Critta says to him that he we don't have any backs on the bench and this was part his reasoning for staying on the field. Wasn't Mann there to cover backs as well? I am sure Mann has played in the centres before, he's not totally hopeless either.
  23. W

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Titans on bottom of table (-24), Dogs (-18) 2nd last, but Titans get 2 points for the bye next week so enjoy not being last for a week. As Dan Ginnane said when they put the camera on Des Hasler "Say hello to darkness my old friend". Can't see CC being in the job in 2025, but who the fuck...
  24. W

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

12 missed tackles for whole team, probably 10 by Perham, who signed this clown to a 2-year deal?
  25. W

News Crichton‘s encouraging act in Dogs debut as halves dilemma deepens: What we learned

No way Taffe is going to play at 6 or 7 when he wasn't (as far as I remember) given even a minute there during the trials. Situation bears a striking resemblence to the Perham situation from last year, although it is always possible that Taffe is just keeping the seat warm for Tracey at FB.
  26. W

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

1998 because it is the only GF I have been to. Had a mate from Brisbane show up out of the blue and we just went to the SFS an hour or 2 before kickoff and a guy standing out front sold us tickets sitting together for face value, I think they were about $30 each. Not the best seats in the...
  27. W

News Faitala-Mariner opens up on difficult season, clears the air on exactly what happened during training drama

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but what is going on with Topine? Is he Top 30, is he still with the club?
  28. W

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Lets not get too carried away about Sam Hughes. Let's wait until he is able to play 2 x 20mins in 10+ games straight and then make judgements about him. He has absolutely definitely got the potential but this doesn't mean sh*t unles he is actually on the field.
  29. W

Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

I think Sexton will get 1st shot at the no 7, but if he is not killing it come round 1 (in training and trials) I think he NRL career is over.
  30. W

Opinion Pre Season Training

WTF is that F1 racing car driver Ricardo doing at Jobels?
  31. W

Xerri on Top - The redemption story.

Adrian Proszenko in SMH/Fairfax November 10, 2023 — 7.33pm ..... "Xerri has set himself the goal of impressing coach Cameron Ciraldo and earning a spot for Canterbury’s opening-round NRL clash against Parramatta. It will be no easy task given he will be competing with outside backs including...
  32. W

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

Does anyone on here know the guy? Has anyone on here ever had a 1 on 1 conversation with the guy? I say this because I have no idea what the guy is REALLY like, maybe he is a genuinely good guy, maybe he is not, I just don't know. Given what has been said about him (for right or wrong), I...
  33. W

Opinion We need to move Kikau to the front row

Leave Kikau as an edge forward and just focus on what can be done so that he can maximise his minutes on the field each game, ideally the full 80. Opposition teams hate defending against him so just keep him on the field and keep giving him da ball! Maybe recruit the F1 racing driver Daniel...
  34. W

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

So fuckin difficult to know what the outcome might be based upon this tweet. Of course he is going to say potentially out for the 2024 season as click bait. Only time will tell what his recovery prospects are. We have seen with BBO how difficult it can be to come back from a long layoff and...
  35. W

News The Mole: Bulldogs meeting to decide Josh Addo-Carr's future after 'dramatic' week

I am still unhappy IF it was the case that the club forced JAC to take down the post and issue the apology. The guy has some character and has views on issues outside of sport. I want to support a club with players like this .... I don't want to team to be all robots parroting the same shit...
  36. W

News The Mole: Bulldogs meeting to decide Josh Addo-Carr's future after 'dramatic' week

I have deleted my post. It was meant to mean that I thought that JAC shouldn't have had to apologize for his post. I know that it is difficult when you have a public profile and your employer has a stake in what you post online, but I still don't think that JAC should have had to apologize for...
  37. W

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

But Gus said that our goal was to be back into the top 8 in 2026 or 2027 - I am leaning towards Gus on this one!
  38. W

Opinion Blake Taaffe

Very good recruitment decision, he will well and truly earn his $$ in 2024 and 2025.
  39. W

News Canterbury Bulldogs Set To Apply For Historic NRLW License Declare Themselves Fully Equipped To Host Matches

Anything to distract attention from having a shit 1st grade side ....
  40. W

Opinion Update on Signings

I actually want to go after the hard **** who took on one of the Saifiti brothers outside the pub in the Hunter a few years ago and kicked his arse, including breaking his leg. I think it was Boyd Cordner's brother, or am I imagining that?
  41. W

Who wins in a 100m race between Foxx and Xerri? (Pole)

Not sure who's dodgier, the guy asking the questions (Weilder) or the dodgy ***** he is interviewing!
  42. W

NSW RL Club Champions

Hate to put a downer on things but we do need to have a serious look at what went wrong in NSW Cup .... just like having to play all 80 mins per game, you need to play all 27(?) rounds of the comp. Shame because at their peak in 2023 the cup side was playing very well. Anyway, with RFM and...
  43. W

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

I got to disagree, I think Taffe will be one of the buys of the season as every team looks to replicate what Reece Walsh has done for the Broncos in 2023. Apart from Avo being a local junior, Taffe ahead in every respect. Welcome to the Dogs, Blake, you champion.
  44. W

Alamoti to the Panthers

My God he was dreadful in that last game of the year .... I am guessing that the Panthers saw this and without an offer from the Dogs on the table and Alamoti not wanting to move from his current location, they swooped and got a bargin. If he is able to fix his decision making and his defence...
  45. W

News Bulldogs chase Tiger

If the Dogs have genuinely signed this Seyfarth guy we should all get behind him to suceed and give him the 1st 6 weeks of season 2024 to see what he can produce ..... and then tear him to bits here on TK and demand that he be granted an immediate release and sent packing to the ESL or back to...
  46. W

Cuck, can't see a scrap of ink on him - we need to set up a recruitment van outside Silverwater Prison and target some hard c**ts on their way out.
  47. W

I recall that someone on TK reported that this guy and Wakeham were at Belmore for JR's final (cup) game (see thread Seyfarth and Wakeham to the Bulldogs in 2024 posted 15 July 2023) and they were both saying that they were going to be at the Dogs in 2024 and all the replies were that this was...
  48. W

What exactly is Warburton's role?

Personally I would prefer him to stay out of the "football side of things" unless he can teach how players how to tackle, how to put in a decent 5th tackle kick, how to score a try given 3 repeat sets inside opponent's 20m zone, etc.
  49. W

News Mad Monday

Now give us the list of duds that are going to be lining up there for a free feed come 1 November 2023!
  50. W

RFM you out there ? Your Silence is deafening !

Never heard this re Avo, but if true club dodged a bullet there. We just can't have someone in an 80-minute position that clocks on and off when they feel like it and decides on a case-by-case basis whether they will make a tackle.
  51. W

CC presser vs titans.

When do we get a confirmed list of the duds that will not be at the Club in 2024? Got to give the fans something to be happy about.
  52. W

Deserves a thread.. delete after an hour so we can enjoy it for a bit.

Don't we have a feeder team relationship with the Clysdales up in Qld? I reckon a season up there in QCup would do him wonders.
  53. W

Deserves a thread.. delete after an hour so we can enjoy it for a bit.

Don't be so sure .... he was dropped to Cup earlier this season but somehow managed to worm his way back into the No. 1 jersey.
  54. W

Rumour Kurt Mann signed!!!!

If he can avoid injury (highly unlikely, but you never know) he might be a useful option, he's not totally useless.
  55. W

Rd 27 vs Titans 3-2-1

I reckon Kasey did a pretty good job as ref ... much better than she does as the video referee.
  56. W

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

Certainly has the build for it.
  57. W

My word, Alamoti has had a bad game ..... Nick Politis dodged a bullet there ....
  58. W

It's the Goldie ... they are more likely to be doing lines than running them!
  59. W

This is not a good match up for the Dogs .... Titans are usually a pretty good attacking side and Bulldogs are always a pretty bad defending side. Titans 30+
  60. W

Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

Heading should be "Distruntled Bulldog Fans Thrteatening Legal Action".
  61. W

Perham out, Skelton in at FB .... will still be better off .... I thought that after 18 rounds, it was accepted that Perham should never have been playing FB in the first place? How da fuck did he worm his way back into the team, and as FB? This guy must give great head, that's the only...
  62. W

News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

Can't help but wonder whether all this stuff has been engineered/promoted by Gus to deflect from CC being found to be well out his depth as a first grade coach, which is something that everyone would normally be talking about now but instead they are talking about this Topine stuff.
  63. W

Opinion Blake Taaffe

Taafe will prove to be an astute signing. Averillo goes missing too much in games.
  64. W

Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

Aged like milk ....
  65. W

News Kiraz injury

Do we know whether Kiraz was one of the "up to" 30 guys who Topine wrestled with that day?
  66. W

Could play Wilson at FB instead of Perham and Skelton on the wing .... pretty obvious I would have thought. Skelton needs FG experience, that is the only way anyone is going to know whether he is going to make it or not.
  67. W

The Lucky Wins

A win is a win ... happy to take a win whenever we can. Yes, you could do an exercise looking at what the table might have looked like where all close wins for all teams, say 4pts or less, went the other way but would just be an interesting bit of triva and no more .....
  68. W

EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals worrying 'suspicion'

Should have to wrestle everyone on the TK one after the other as punishment!
  69. W

Bulldogs player walks out

Re Skelton, who cares about how he performs on the day. The season has been over for many weeks, we are playing guys who have signed elsewhere, geting flogged each week by big margins, etc, etc, etc. Just give Skelton a go, all potential upside and no downside.
  70. W

Haven't needed anyone to sing the team song in the sheds after the game for w hile ands probably won't for a while to come .... so all good.
  71. W

There are going to be a lot of challenges until each team gets 1 wrong, who will be in the bunker to f**k things up with Kasey on the field?
  72. W

Based upon Chammas' piece it sounds like Topine.
  73. W

At the same time?
  74. W

Would certainly provide more laughs than usual at MM.
  75. W

Gus on 100% Footy

For such a jacked guy, Thompson has so much trouble making yards and his tackling is so soft. Can't see he would be missed if he left, which is a shame given the wraps that were on the guy when he first came over from the UK and the $$ he has been paid.
  76. W

Knockonbor Defensive Effort

At any other club ..... please.
  77. W

Presser vs Manly...

Round 27 season 2024?
  78. W

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

I am now certain that CC reads the Kennel 4/4 ....
  79. W

When you are in his situation in the 1st year of a contract, you want to lose as many as you can. They ain't gonnna sack you based upon the 1st year's performance and then assuming you do better in the 2nd year you can champion your improvement in the 2nd year compared to the 1st. Textbook...
  80. W

Not a word you see often on TK .... well not at least referring to Dogs own players.
  81. W

Somehow, by some incredibly bad luck/management/karma or some other fucking shit, we have Waddell, Oki, Flanno AND Perham in the 19 and, at best, only 2 of them can be struck out come the actual game. What did that Ginanne commentator guy say about Perham .... if he was a racehorse they would...
  82. W

Perham at fullback .... or anyhere near the final 17 .... No, No, No and No.
  83. W

News Bulldogs New $60m Centre Of Excellence To Be Evenly Shared By Male And Female Players

Anything to distract from the dismal prospects of the Bulldogs NRL team ....
  84. W

Opinion Crichton the Slug

This year, Perham was a complete failure at FB from round 1 but CC still kept picking him there until round 18, so don't be so confident that if Critta doesn't do well at FB, we'll just move him back to the centres. It will be CC's call not TK's!
  85. W

Pretty sure Waddell will be resigned but not sure about Flanno. If it was up to me I would show these 2 plus Oki the door on 31 October 2023, but that is just me and I clearly don't know what I am talking about.
  86. W

This could be an exotic market on Sportsbet ....
  87. W

Opinion Round 1 2024 Lineup Prediction and Player Losses/Gains

Can't see any alternative. Sexton is one of those guys (actually like many guys the Dogs seem to recruit) that don't appear to offer much if the team is going shit but if the team starts to fire they go with it and rise to the occasion. Don't be too quick to write the guy off.
  88. W

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Maybe he is going to replace Cummins and make it Sutton^3!
  89. W

At this rate, not sure Bulldogs will be in NSW Cup finals ....
  90. W

For there to be anything in what you say, there would have to have been some possibility that the Bulldogs might win.
  91. W

Opinion Update on Signings

The 2 issues with Braidon are (1) that he keeps getting injured, and (2) he can only deliver on his ability if he is able to hold down a spot week-in week-out and build confidence and understanding with those around him. So difficult to see him reaching anywhere near his full potential.
  92. W

Casey has the problem that he gets emotional and then makes dumb decisions ..... a bit like the little woman.
  93. W

Tpj to retire from nrl

If it does it will only be for season 2024 which was the 3rd year of his contract.
  94. W

I think the future is England

PNG, Qld and Pacific Islands likely to yield better results than England. In the ESL, defence is pretty much optional which makes for a better spectator/broadcast product over there but makes it difficult for many UK players when they come to Australia.
  95. W

Tpj to retire from nrl

So he can take someone's head off in one of his last 3 games with very little consequences ... bring it on ....
  96. W

Thompson flopped

Can we all just agree that it would be best for both parties if Luke was to move on come 31 October 2023? If he can arrest his run of injuries and maybe fix some problems with his game , eg. commitment in defence, he can probably find a home somewhere else in the NRL or back in England...
  97. W

Opinion Where is Aaron Warburton our CEO?

The Board are boxed into a corner and have no option but to back CC in for at least the 2024 season.
  98. W

Preston 2-3 weeks

They are now saying that Hastings might play this weekend ....