Search results

1. holbi

News Foran looks to repay NRL debt to Bulldogs

I'm sure he is going to play like a champion again otherwise, it's off to Centrelink next year for Foz. Then again there is always the Titans, no on second thoughts Centrelink would be his best option.
  2. holbi

Rebuilding the Bulldogs

I think that what makes Robinson a master coach (along with Bellamy), is NOT having a fkn salary cap! It's pretty easy when you can sign any SOO or International player you want, not to mention a swag of top-rated juniors from the other clubs.
  3. holbi

Consolidated Pay Thread

Had no time for Pay since he and his pals walked out on us way back when, basically did a Sonny Bill on us. Kinda hoping he walks out again.
  4. holbi

Opinion Josh Jackson

Still has the potential to be good again after a mediocre year or so, although he is far from being alone there. I wish we had kept Finucane as well as Jacko, he is still tearing it up for Melbourne albeit as part of a much better side.
  5. holbi

Social Media Curtis Rona Trolling?

Obviously no money in Rugby so back to the NRL. Wouldn't be the worst choice available for a wing spot, if signed on a one-year incentive contract with future options.
  6. holbi

Terry Lamb backs the current board!!!

Much as I love the way he played for us, I think the current Terry is worried about losing his free feeds, gym membership, legends lounge etc. etc. from the club.
  7. holbi

Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

Knights are refusing to release him,,, so far. All he has to do is fluff it in the reggies to get his release. The knights were whining last year when the Cowboys wouldn't let Ponga go and he's a recognized 1st grader. Weak as p*ss if you ask me.
  8. holbi

“It’s time for madness”

So did Dean Pay. Accepted big money to walk out on his contract with the Dogs. Probably time to move on with Sonny too. Let's face it we would take him back in a heartbeat, he probably owes the Doggies a year or two to earn redemption as a man.
  9. holbi

Mole reporting Dymock to Sharks (Confirmed by the Club)

Dymock had a history of walking out on the Dogs, so has Dean Pay for that matter. Dymock is no big loss though, couldn't see anything good from the team that could be attributed to him. Get Mick Potter in as the new assistant.
  10. holbi

REMEMBERSHIPS

Well I have stuck with them hoping that some sort of pride in the club, themselves and the coach might have produced something good. I was of course very wrong and was definately going to cancel this year, but the last 3 games, Haslers demise and Deano's appointment has changed my mind.
  11. holbi

Benefit of Dean Pay

Yeah it wasn't great but that's not the point, the point is Pay and his grubby mates walked out on the club, just like Sonny Bill. That's the probably the kind of person he is.
  12. holbi

Benefit of Dean Pay

I liked him as well, until he did the fkn dirty on us with Smith, Dymock and McCracken by walking out on our (Super League) contract to play for Parramatta. These four were (practically) the only players from all the Super League clubs to take the bribe money offered from the ARL, who were...
  13. holbi

Benefit of Dean Pay

Too late the Dragons have first Dibs on any ex- Raider player.
  14. holbi

WIN , LOSE OR DRAW PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG

Yeah its great news, although it's mostly from Dib covering his arse for the elections next year. I'll be renewing my membership now and hopefully a lot of the ones who dropped it for this year will be back.
  15. holbi

Round 22 - Dogs vs Knights - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Graham really is crap. Not the same player he was.
  16. holbi

Who remembers this?

And the $250,000 that goes with it, but the pundits all said never mind what goes around comes around. Well that's bull$hit isnt it, we are still getting stiffed by the referees which is costing us games.
  17. holbi

Klemmers punch & elbow

I hate Slater, great player mind you but one of the dirtiest guys playing the game. Plus he's 100% a fkn whining cat.
  18. holbi

The scariest rugby league player in history

Neville "Mad Dog" Hornery, now there was one tough and mean fighting machine. Neville was ex Wests then Doggy second rower who flattened everybody even his own captain ( Johnny Greaves) once. He once got 9 weeks suspension (a week for each punch) for repeatedly thumping the entire Roosters front...
  19. holbi

NEW SIGNING - Frawley pens 2 year deal with Bulldogs

Ha ha ha totally agree Frawley actually looks like a decent half/five eight, just hope he isn't turned into another Hodko/Grub.
  20. holbi

NYC and NSW Cup players to step up next year?

Don't forget that both the Perrets, Stanley and Thompson will also be going around in the reggies at least until the injuries start happening.
  21. holbi

How many years can Des Hasler survive as our coach without winning a title?

Hasler is a nuffie. Has given this rabble nothing. They have no genuine set plays and a very poor defence. Take out a couple of players who really are triers and we would be down with the sharks and raiders. This 'team' has a pathetic attitude, they accept losing too easy and that relates...
  22. holbi

Open letter to my beloved Bulldogs.

Personally, I blame the pathetic coaching. This team has nothing, is not a threat in attack and has a pretty poor defence. There is only one person who has a say in this team's attitude and that's Hasler and he obviously isn't doing f all because we're getting the same shit every week. At...
  23. holbi

Vossy's 6 again. Finally someone points it out

Vossy is exactly where he deserves to be fkn NZ, good riddance to the cretin. Not a big fan of Hadley either but he's 100% better commentator than that anti-dog moron Voss.
  24. holbi

The grubber

The grubber was mostly useless, we only got one drop out from the many kicks we did. A cut out pass now and then would have been better, at least would have stretched them and made their defence think twice. Our attack was generally pathetic one out hit ups trying to barge over, no finesse...
  25. holbi

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 23 | Bulldogs v Parramatta

They should stop Hodko from fkn doing grubbers. Maybe throw a cut-out once or twice to confuse them.
  26. holbi

All of you !! Eat your words pls

Ha ha ha what a great win. Despite Brown's feeble attempt at Fullback almost handing Manly the game we still beat the top team on the ladder. Here we come woo hoo.
  27. holbi

Mitch brown vs Manly

Brown was the most dangerous player to the Dogs tonight, fkn near gifted Manly the game. NOT 1st grade material, regardless of the win we still must try to improve and playing Brown at FB is a very poor option.
  28. holbi

Hodko & Grub Story on The Footy Show

Hey I played for east hills, before they were called the bulldogs.
  29. holbi

If Karma's a bitch.....

Your kidding, I'll never forgive or forget what that prick did to the Dogs. By the way I wont buy a Jap car because of what they did in the war. I just don't fkn forgive ass holes.
  30. holbi

How is James Graham not leading the Dally M?

He is a prop, so it doesn't matter how good he is he is never going to win the Dally M. This award is seemingly only for halfs, five eighths and fullbacks.
  31. holbi

Everybody Loves Ray!

If I knew this crap I would have voted for Dunn. Next time I will.
  32. holbi

Sunday's AGM/Board voting - ELI5 (Explain It Like I'm 5)

The Hughes boys don't have an axe to grind with the club, just a few of the back stabbing bludgers in it. It was a sad day when Gary was made a scapegoat for a couple of higher profile wankers who slunk away. The Hughes family have only ever did their very best for the club as players and...
  33. holbi

Mortimer & Isaac Elected to Bulldogs Board

My heroes. Just don't stuff it up!!
  34. holbi

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

I remember when Barba was moved to fullback, there were plenty of people on here saying he was too small, had crap defence, no kicking game, was going to fail etc. However, he proved all those people wrong (at least until last year). I reckon Templeman should get a start and get a fair go at...
  35. holbi

Bradley Clyde has a new role

Clyde was so good, I reckon he could play fullback for us now. Champion.
  36. holbi

Your Message to the Boys in 2014

Generally a bunch of overpaid underachievers, who obviously don't have any pride in the jumper or in themselves. all in all bloody disppointing. Hopefully they will pull the finger out in 2014 and consistantly perform like we all know they can.
  37. holbi

Anyone Hearing that Josh Morris will play Fullback ?

No, I haven't heard that.
  38. holbi

Bulldogs player Jack Kamire wins Canterbury-Bankstown Express' top prize

Well Condell Park actually, Belmore generally has the more short and dark kinda look. :)
  39. holbi

Steve Turner Resigns

Good onya Steve, great career and a great bloke, all the best for the future I am sure we will see you around the place for a long time.
  40. holbi

Doping allegations

Makes your tongue go purple. I've given up on the beet part, just going for the root now:)
  41. holbi

David minute signs for another 2 years

If we lost this minute there would be five more minutes coming along soon, get the whole family and we could have daylight saving.
  42. holbi

Dogs sponsor sticks solid as outrage intensifies

Yes that's all very well and good, we will all stick together, Dogs of War blah blah blah, but the fact is some dic*head from the team actually yelled this crap out. All they had to do was shut the fkn window and ignore the media. Some one needs a slap on the wrist and be sent to the naughty...
  43. holbi

We Need a HALFBACK ASAP

I reckon we should get rid of Jono Wright,,,, Oh Yeah he's going, problem solved for 2013.
  44. holbi

Weather in Canberra right now

James Graham will think he's back in fooking Yorkshire. Should love the conditions.
  45. holbi

Weather in Canberra right now

Still raining, but not as hard as earlier, fffffreeezing.
  46. holbi

Kasiano - How many weeks?

I think Fui Fui should be charged with attacking an opponents forearm with his head, could really have hurt Kas
  47. holbi

Sam Perrett has been released - Official

Yeah its good news I suppose, but I reckon this will mean the end of Turner and Goodwin, which is a bit of a pity.
  48. holbi

Our best hooker of the past 20 years?

Yes Jason Hethrington for me too, bloke bled blue and white. I was fortunate enough to sit next to him, his Mrs and the twins at a Doggies game years ago, vs the Bears I think. He was getting over an injury and we chatted away for a long time on footy, kids and the meaning of life. He is a...
  49. holbi

Sam Perrett to join Bulldogs immediately?

We don't need him but having him will be better than not having him, if you know what I mean. He will be an asset to the club I'm sure. Of course being good value depends on how much we are paying him and how he performs, I feel sure the coaching staff will bring out his best.
  50. holbi

Storm tactic from scrum

You obviously haven't watched any Rugby yawnion, they do this near ly every scrum. This tactic ha been around a looooong time, wouldn't say it made Bellyache a genius, just observant.
  51. holbi

Keating wants to stay a Bulldog

Whose on first, I don't know is on second
  52. holbi

Sh!t, I was at Maroubra with the Greenacre Primary netballers, missed the sessions.
  53. holbi

Sam 'Dogzilla' Kasiano a chance for Maroons and Pritchard likely for Storm clash

Its got to be where you were born. This bullsh!t with picking Kiwis for Qld/NSW and ultimately for Australia is crap, that goes also for the Nzeders picking players who were born in Oz for their side.
  54. holbi

Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Geez, funny to hear that the Eels fans are winging about our salary cap just two weeks after they got fined for breeching theirs with a fkn team of nobodies
  55. holbi

Perrett will prove to be an great asset for the Dogs. Other than Inu, I reckon he is better than any other winger currently in the club either fit or injured. Just don't understand why the Roosters suddenly would let him go, they never have seemed to give a sh!t about their players futures in...
  56. holbi

Dogs vs dragons 3-2-1

3 Reynolds 2 Halatau 1 Young (did a lot of work that helped us)
  57. holbi

Dragons team v Bulldogs

Titans beat the Dogs on the back of the Referees. All things being equal on Friday night the Dogs will win comfortably, they just have to remember what Soward did to us in 2009 to get some motivation.
  58. holbi

Sam Kasiano - 2012 Discussion Thread

His wallet, and good luck to him.
  59. holbi

Dogs keen to snap up Jennings mid-season

Fck Jennings, the way this team has .improved so far this year I reckon we will go pretty good come the finals. This team will be capable of great things come September.
  60. holbi

3-2-1

Kas Barba Keating
  61. holbi

Dogs keen to snap up Jennings mid-season

When it was reported last week that Gould was trying to offload Jennings, I wondered how long it would be before he was linked to the Dogs. Oh well takes up space in their paper I suppose, will wait to see him in a doggy jumper before getting too exited though.
  62. holbi

NRL bans Graham's vaseline tactic

Looks stupid, was stupid, glad he has been told to get rid of (most) of it. Just a pity it had to be the NRL telling him and not his club or team mates. On a positive note, I suppose that the Vasoline company were very happy, probably had to employ another shift to keep up with the demand.
  63. holbi

Michael lett has quit: confirmed

I dont think anyone reckons Goodwin, Wright, McDougal etc are the best quality players running around the NRL, its just that these duds are what we are currently stuck with. Its not as if we have too many Farkin options ATM, but I really hope they do sign a centre/winger who can catch, run...
  64. holbi

Michael lett has quit: confirmed

All may not be lost, he should knock on the door of Kearney over at Parramatta, he would probably get a gig over there on big bucks. Anyhow, hope it all works out for him whatever he ends up doing, good luck Lettsy.
  65. holbi

The James Graham Vaseline thread!

Its a pity that the only topic concerning Graham is the use of vasoline on his rear end and not on his football ability, which I may say is very ordinary in comparison with other so called international players in the NRL, including the Poms, Kiwis and Aussies. Graham wouldn't even make the NSW...
  66. holbi

Tonight we learnt.....................

What most of you people forget is that this in practically te same team that fin ished 9th last year. The only things that have changed is the coach and the inclusion of James Graham. The coach wasn't supposed to be here till next year, so this side is not the team that he (probably) would have...
  67. holbi

Brisbane Broncos locked in battle to retain Ben Te'o from Canterbury-Bankstown, South

Assuming we were actually chasing Te'o, they are not exctly queing up to be a Bulldog, Dessie's presence hasn't attarcted one player so far. Not that I think we needed Foran or Te'o, or Williams for that matter. Back to square one, lets update Jackson, Finucane and Taupau's etc contract. At...
  68. holbi

Michael Ennis - 2012 Discussion Thread

I think a lot of people are expecting too much from this squad. They finished 9th last year and all that has really changed is the coach. It will take some time for Hasler to get the team he wants playing the way he wants. Lets face it we are carrying some crap. All of them have potential, some...
  69. holbi

Big Kas set to sign 3 year deal

Yeah great news, now to reach him to catch the fkn ball.
  70. holbi

Your team vs Parramatta?

Although I think they will just replace Turner with Lett and go with the same team as last week, which didn't do too bad after all. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Reynolds go to half and Stagg move to 5/8. I remember him being reasonably successful at 5/8 with the Bronco's for a few games...
  71. holbi

Lets call a spade a shovel

Personally I thought Reynolds, Ennis and Keating went OK, Reynolds best on field and it was Ennis's best game this year. If we look at the chances we bombed to Manly's we probably should have won The bounce beat Turner in goal, Kasiano was pulled down centimetres out, Goodwin fluffed a difficult...
  72. holbi

do we have backs?

Thought the effort from Barba not even attempting to catch that bomb went a long way to losing us the game, as Manly scored in the next set. He also could have passed the ball to Reynolds to improve the position on the try he scored. Yeah i'd say he had a crap game compared to how he has been...
  73. holbi

Dogs v Manly 3-2-1

3. Reynolds 2. Ennis 1. Stagg
  74. holbi

Best Bulldogs Fullback of All Time

I've watched every one of these players and I reckon the Dogs have had some great fullbacks. I really liked Brentnall, Dowling and Patten, saw some great moments from Stan Cutler, I was there when Rod Silva scored two 100 metre tries to win us the game, but the greatest of all was LES JOHNS bar...
  75. holbi

I'm cheering for Kris Keating anyway so nerrrr ...

Better get used to him, we got hime for at least the next 5 weeks, he can only get better. Personally, I thought he finished positively after a nervous start which is to be expected. He certainly wasn't the worst player we had, far from it in fact. Good luck to him.
  76. holbi

Corey Payne - 2011 Discussion Thread

Yeah I thought Payne was one of our best today and is certainly improving each week. I'm a fan.
  77. holbi

Round 5: Bulldogs v Titans (predictions)

Jammal and Prince not named in the Titans squad. Some sheila called Dominique Peyroux is on the wing, Bird is 5/8 and Rankin is 1/2. We match or are better than them all over the park and our bench is much stronger, Doggies will go 13+.
  78. holbi

Wright looks to repay faith at Bulldogs

If Wright ever gets injured or dropped for whatever reason, I reckon that Brown will have more of a chance than Lafai as Wright's replacement. Tim got a go last year as we had no real options and he was pretty good too, but now that we have options I think he won't be the first choice...
  79. holbi

Round 9 and 10 Fixtures Announced

Will be 8:30 in both places on that date, daylight saving will be finished.
  80. holbi

Bulldogs Heritage - Les Johns

Yeah, Les was the best fullback that Canterbury has have ever had (to date) and they've had some very good ones. What he did week in week out in a pretty ordinary side was magical. I am not exagerating by saying that he deserves to be ranked with the all time RL greats and had he played for St...
  81. holbi

Dogs sign Mitch Brown - effective NOW apparently

According to the original statement from the Tigers, Brown was released so he could play his preferred position of centre, because they have more players than they need for that position. I do not think for one second that BB's position is under threat from Brown or any current squad member. I...
  82. holbi

Greenberg signs new deal

Was it Greenberg who appointed Moore?? Dosent matter, anyhow, looking forward to the next few years with him a Des running the show, surely we can only get better. Maybe with the inclusion of one or two players, loving it roll on 2012.
  83. holbi

Clubs dump paedophile

Should have dumped (investigated) him 25 years ago when the rumours were first going around big time out Cheso way. I reckon someone in the hierachy must have heard them as he was a big pal of Baa Baa's, might have put him out of action sooner.
  84. holbi

Disgraced chairman's son is new top Dog

100% nepotism, but I see nothing wrong with that, has always been very common in the family club. Just makes a farce of going through the costly selection process in the first place.
  85. holbi

Danny Weedler at his best!

Weedler and best are two words that don't go together.
  86. holbi

Live updates for trial match vs raiders?

Ennis was not too bad at kicking for the Bronco's, maybe another hat to go with the hooker and captains.
  87. holbi

I was told by a Raiders fan who was at the game and was updating me on the scores that their half Williams was easily the best player on the field. This bloke is younger than Hodko and was thrown in an hour before the game and was very good. He did get a a lot of games last year though. He said...
  88. holbi

Dogs try disallowed, penalty Raiders for a strip near the line
  89. holbi

Game is going from end to end, both sides dropping heaps of ball and making basic mistakes (to be expected), we miss a try by 2 metersgett tackled over sideline, then a minute later Barba has to defuse another bomb on his line, at least X is getting plenty of practice.
  90. holbi

Half time Raiders 12-10 Raiders looked good early, with White and Shillington running wild, no Campese though he's not playing tonight, something wrong with his groin (got a stiffy when he saw big Franky). As the game wore on though, the Dogs tooh control it and have made heaps of ground...
  91. holbi

Pritchard is killing them, having a blinder. Raiders saved that time by a intercept knock on, second time it has happened.
  92. holbi

Barba scores after Pritchard thumps ball back when chasing through on a bomb. Turner converts Faiders 12 - Dogs 10 and looking much better, in attack anyway.
  93. holbi

Barba knocks on again from a Raiders bomb. Faiders on the attack again
  94. holbi

Morris try came after a break through the middle by Frank the tank, looking good.
  95. holbi

6-0 to Raiders, try came after a dropped bomb on Dogs line. Scary