Search results

1. G

Moore quote off Footy Show

Without actually knowing our CEO personally, I'd much rather player managers supposedly saying he is hard to deal with than saying he is a soft touch.
  2. G

Zero Go Forward in our Team

The lack of metres in our team has been a problem for 18 months now. Even against the Titans, we spent most of the game defending our line. For mine, we also seem to slide in defence and invite teams to run at us. That annoys me no end.
  3. G

Round 11 Post-Match Discussion Thread - Bulldogs v Raiders

Very very frustrated after what is a disgusting result. Thought our forward pack did well in terms of territory and metres gained which is an improvement on those areas this year. Thought our creativity and structure in attack was generally putrid though and tonight was the worst we have...
  4. G

Round 5 Match Thread: *Spoilers* Bulldogs v Illawarra

As grumpy as I am right now, its round five and we are 3-2 so let not judge yet. Imagine how different it could have been if we scored rather than Boyd intercepting? Overall, what worries me most is that we are not making enough metres and giving the likes of Idris and the other backs any real...
  5. G

Bulldogs sign with Canterbury!

I think our away jersey does the job really well. It retains our traditional colours yet distinguishes from our home jersey. Been generally disappointed with look of the Blades gear. Haven't bought any merchandise since the Nike days so hopefully if we are with CCC, we can get some quality...
  6. G

A few things to ponder

In terms of recruits, I hope we haven't finished in terms of trying to buy forwards for next year. Sure, we have bought Tolman and I'd be suprised if Tandy isn't re-signed but more size is needed to really cope with some of the other packs in the competition.
  7. G

bulldogs vs titans post match thread

I certainly don't subscribe to having the coach sacked. For mine, there has to be more player accountability in our side. We are continuing to make stupid ball handling mistakes and make poor decisions in both defence and attack. I know I'm upset and dismissive when I wasn't overly excited in...
  8. G

Roll Call vs Storm

Great to see the Bulldogs Army coming down here for this one. Hopefully the team can do better than the last few times we've played in Melbourne.
  9. G

Chooseday night game- Dogs vs Storm 2006

Still remember that night and I was in a very similar situation to you. I don't think I have ever left a ground in such a hurry as I did that night. Its been painful down here the past two times the Dogs have come to Melbourne but hopefully this Sunday will be different!
  10. G

This season could be the worst ever!! (merged)

It has been a disappointing start to the season but I cannot see how this can compare to 2008. Quite literally, 2008 was the season from hell collectively at the club. The spiteful board elections, Mason walking out, horrific injury toll and SBW going AWOL surely cannot compare to being 3-6 and...
  11. G

Official 2010 Jerseys

I was up there for the Souths game and the only products that appealed to me were the X Blades Polos but they weren't available on the night and they aren't on the website shop either at the moment. I always liked the Nike gear but apart from above, the X Blades apparel hasn't appealed to me much.
  12. G

If the salary cap don't fit, wear it

What a load of dribble from Kent in this article. If we weren't under the cap in 2004, then we wouldn't have been able to compete just like the Storm are finding out at the moment. The difference is that we were found out in August whereas they've been found out in April.
  13. G

Your 5 Favourite Things about 2009....

1. Return to finals so quickly after what had happened in 2008 (and before). 2. A year without the off-field controversy which has helped the club regain respect. 3. Consistency throughout the season. 4. Name change back to Canterbury-Bankstown 5. Logo change. (Never thought about it until it...
  14. G

intimidation and aggression where art thou?

Certainly agree with this. In late 2007 we lost to the Cowboys twice in consecutive weeks and their forward pack was decimated but had lots of hard workers yet we had Mason, Maitua, Williams, O'Meley and Ryan and still couldn't come up with the goods. Looking back, that was an indication...
  15. G

A sucessful undisciplined club vs a well bahaved losing one

During the days of the off field incidents, I didn't think too much of the club's image and perception from other supporters, sponsors, etc mainly because we were winning. Even in a non Rugby League state, people knew and disliked the Dogs because we had Mason, Maitua, Williams, etc and in a way...
  16. G

About the Storm ....

They are a well run club but as pointed out, are very well backed by News Limited. Their football has been terrific for quite a while now and I certainly believe that Craig Bellamy has to go down as one of the better coaches the game has seen. The Storm have a solid base of dedicated...
  17. G

BULLDOGS DO A ST MERGE ... Leaked T SHIRTS

Just stupid even comparing the Dragons and Bulldogs examples given that 1 was for the title and the other being the minor premiership. The writers of this article have never heard of the word 'planning'? How silly would we look if we didn't have that merchandise? Just imagine all of the wasted...
  18. G

The Bubbleplex

Looking forward to it being in place next year. Went past it last week and its great to see the stadium really starting to take shape.
  19. G

Victoria, the Home of Rugby League

I definitely stand to be corrected but I'm not 100% sure on Victory being the sole reason it was built given that the initial capacity of this stadium was only going to be around 20,000. Victory only committed when the upgrade to 31,500 was agreed.
  20. G

That point above is a fantastic point and one that should be raised and acted upon in Victoria. Although the points made by Doyle were rubbish and completely incorrect, I must say that all this Melbourne bashing does make me laugh. As a fellow Canterbury fan, it is easy for me to have a...
  21. G

[/B] Haha. Couldn't help but have a chuckle at this. In all fairness, I think it has taken 12 years for the Storm to finally get a proper stadium so 2010 onwards will be the time to see whether they can grow their attendance. If they still get 11,000 with a good side in a 31,000 capacity...
  22. G

I'm a proud Victorian/Melbournian but I think Robert Doyle has missed the mark completely here. That stadium is fantastic and the NRL grand final should never be played outside of Sydney in my view.
  23. G

Should the Bulldogs be satisfied with their season?

As mentioned, the fact we came from last and in a real mess to a narrow preliminary final loss and second spot after Round 26 is a huge step forward. I'm still hurting from Friday night but this season should be viewed as very successful I like what Craig Bellamy said a few weeks back about the...
  24. G

This weeks match-up

Will be at the Valley races tomorrow night so there is little chance of anyone telling me a score. lol Otherwise, either of your suggestions would have been right on the money.
  25. G

This weeks match-up

You would think if they were half serious then more than just the odd Storm game (including this weekend) and Grand Final would be shown live. It is disappointing at this time of the year. That aside, it is damn exciting to see us back in the finals hunt. Absolutely rapt to see that ANZ will...
  26. G

This weeks match-up

Cannot believe they aren't showing our game live in Melbourne tomorrow night. If it wasn't for Fox Sports News, us Dogs fans south of the border wouldn't have caught onto any of the hype. Anyway, bring the Eels on and hopefully we have a great replay to watch and an opponent to study at Etihad...
  27. G

Grinding Matches Against Good Sides

Although I'm very disappointed that we lost, I thought we did so well to be in the game at that late stage. Manly were at home at Brookie, had all the football, all the field position and we managed to hold them out with 16 fit players for most of the game. I didn't think the referees were...
  28. G

Snags down south must not end expansion dream

Fantastic post btrainben. Could not agree anymore.
  29. G

**BREAKING NEWS*** NSW Origin Preparations in Disarray

Haha, nothing like some good old champagne comedy.
  30. G

Melbourne, Home of Rugby League and State of Origin Between NSW and QLD

No problems, your points are quite valid but comparing us moving the AFL Grand Final would be like the NRL Grand Final moving out of Sydney which in my view is a different argument. You are spot on with the fans tonight. I was at Game 3 in 2006 and it was a predominant Queensland crowd that...
  31. G

Melbourne, Home of Rugby League and State of Origin Between NSW and QLD

As a 'Mexican' who follows Rugby League closely, I am obviously rapt to see this game being held at Docklands tonight as I will be there. I do see the point of view of those from Qld and NSW that this is just about the pinnacle of Rugby League in Australia and therefore it should not be...
  32. G

Your favourite Headline about the dogs!

Dogs of War and anything that relates to our 2004 Premiership.
  33. G

We haven't beaten the Storm since '05!

I remember that last minute loss against the Storm in 2006 very well. That loss and the 46-0 loss down here last year were 2 horrible nights at the football. Last year's loss made me sort of glad that we didn't get drawn to play down here this year. lol As for this weekend, I think we are a...
  34. G

Rnd 7 Post-match discussion:Bulldogs v Raiders

A fantastic victory as I don't reckon too many sides go to Canberra, concede 12 points in the first 13 minutes and win the game.
  35. G

ARL considering return to reserve grade (Moore related)

To me, Rugby League is very 'over-governed' as a whole. In this case though, it is simply ridiculous that Hickey would have to wait 2 weeks to play a game.
  36. G

Forward planning - schedule up to Round 26 announced

Great, no Monday night games between now and Round 15 which I am rapt about. Broncos/Dogs at Suncorp on a Friday night is one I am looking forward to.
  37. G

Which Logo Do You Prefer???

Um, ahh, the V logo......actually the stripes.....no, wait......???? Simply put, I love them both but if I had a slight (and I mean slight) leaning, it would be to the V style background.
  38. G

The Long and winding road back to Belmore

I am very happy for Back to Belmore and many of the club's fans who have pushed for a return to Belmore in some capacity. I have never been to Belmore given my distance from the club but being able to associate with the club's spiritual home and possibly being able to see a game there again...
  39. G

Financial report received

Some very interesting reading on here and would also like to thank MattO and others for the information provided. Like some others, I am not in a position to access football club or league club information apart from the League Club journals which are sent by family members from Sydney to me...
  40. G

Your most hated NRL teams.

1. Parramatta - Learned a fair bit about our rivalry with the Eels and I cannot stand losing to them. 2. Sydney Roosters - Basically, my dislike of them has been referred to a lot in this post already (eg. Dogs players moving there). 3. Manly - Arrogance personified. 4. South Sydney - I...
  41. G

Who will be pairing up with Josh Morris at centre???

I'd love to see Idris start there as he looked very promising towards the end of the season. I don't have a problem with Winitana though as he scored 10 tries which probably would be near our best in 2008?
  42. G

What bulldogs merch did u get on christmas?

I'm sure you've made time to sit down and watch it 5 times already???
  43. G

Bulldogs structure v Eels structure

Thanks Matt, a very interesting and clearly explained read and personally, I was not aware of how the Football Club and Leagues Club were structured or how they worked so I appreciate the time you put into that. Not sure whether I agree or totally appreciate your quote above though.
  44. G

New Jersey-Here it is

I liked the Nike gear but if the XBlades deal is better financially for the club, then thats great for us. The yellow does stick out a bit but as long as its blue and white, It will look okay to me. I own a 2007 home jersey with the black Bankstown Sports logo and that would probably be my...
  45. G

Todd Greenberg

Just a quick question on the quote in bold MattO if I may. How could Mortimer fight the decision to deduct the 37 points and why would he do so considering we had blatantly cheated? On the CEO's, from my distant viewing point, Todd Greenberg certainly looks as though he is doing everything...
  46. G

Who Will be our best in 2009?

Amongst the forwards, I would love to see Kite, Hickey and Te Maari have fantastic years as well as Maitua regaining form that saw him play representative football. In the backs, I think Kimmorley, Idris and Morris as keys. If Patten can regain full fitness, then it will feel like a new signing.
  47. G

Football Allegiances

I follow the English Premier League very closely and I watch the A-League regularly. I don't follow the others closely but if I see a table or results I usually see where they are. England: West Ham United Australia: Melbourne Victory Scotland: Celtic Spain: Barcelona/Valencia Netherlands: PSV...
  48. G

Greenberg in hard sell for the kids

I think this is a fantastic bit of initiative from the club and full credit to Camp Quality for at least keeping an open mind on the club. It is amazing though how on field success can cover the cracks. The period of our image being tarnished began in 2002 and hopefully ended in September 2008...
  49. G

Settlement has been reached it seems

Point taken on Hagan, haven't heard from him since. I tend to agree with you regarding the current football club chairman. I like Peponis but I think he needs to be more of a figurehead. I am not that close to Sydney but I have only heard from Greenberg on the SBW matter.
  50. G

Predictions Round 23: Dogs vs Panthers

As always, i have tipped the Doggies and with my "blue and white goggles" on, I think we can win. However, when I take my goggles off, I cannot go past how bad our defence has been.
  51. G

Understand this and hence why my view on Mcintyre's part in the cap scandal has softened. My problem is that he must have known this was going on even if he wasn't making the decisions. I think we've discussed this on here before. You obviously have more facts and figures at your...
  52. G

It probably does go back that far given how far we were over. I would still find it hard at this stage to have McIntyre back in an official capacity. However, when looking back, he was portrayed as the major villain when that may not have been totally correct.
  53. G

After reading many of your posts MattO, I have taken a softer stance of McIntyre's involvement in the cap issue. Quite frankly, other than what happened in 2002, I couldn't help but think of where we would be with McIntyre and the Oasis project.
  54. G

Melbourne V Roosters *Spoilers*

Justy got home from the Storm v Roosters game and on their defence tonight, you may as well hand the flag to Melbourne now. Mason had a shocker, Anasta and Pearce had no impact and the likes of Slater ran amok.
  55. G

Sonny admitted Khoder is his manager

I found that to be really funny. Early on in the interview, he clearly stated that Khoder Nasser was his manager then retracted it later on in the interview.
  56. G

Danny Weidler - Interview Questioning

I have only become familiar with Weilder in recent times and the line of questioning in this interview last night didn't answer the main question. Why didn't Weilder pursue SBW as to why bailed on a five year deal without telling anyone plus its moral implications. Why didn't he ask why SBW...
  57. G

Fittler backs Sydney cull

I'm struggling to find that Courier Mail 'Ultra League' article. Does anyone have a link to it? It will be very interesting to see what happens if there are relocations. From what i have read. I would have thought Central Coast would be target no 1. I recalled Gallop raising the possibility of...
  58. G

Taumata Sacked

This move is something that hasn't really happened at our club for a long time. A shame for a talented player but this appears to be very serious and if he was on a strict code of conduct then it appears he is the first example of Greenberg's administration.
  59. G

Well Done To The Kennel

Well done to those of you that went.
  60. G

Highlight of the Night

That was a joke wasn't it? Did anyone else notice Woolford drop his knee into Kite during that incident? As for highlights, the full time whistle is about all I can come up with.
  61. G

Disgraceful defence, disgraceful players.

Look, our defence has been ordinary for a while now but lets not get stuck in over tonight. Yes, the first half was terrible and the second half a slight improvement. I was watching the gam with a couple of people who aren't big League fans and even they spotted how young our side was.
  62. G

Reni Maitua

Agreed there. Maitua tried his heart out and thought Armit battled very well too. Great tackle near the end which showed he was still giving 100%.
  63. G

The Ghosts of 2002

Same here. Never boring with the Doggies is it. I cop it from other fans and sure, we have our issues but I would challenge any other sporting club, or organisation to go throug what we have and still have the biggest and best support in the NRL.
  64. G

Statement from Todd Greenberg

I cannot see how you deem this to be embarrassing on Greenberg's behalf. He apparently had lunch with SBW on Thursday morning and saw him earlier today. It is apparent that a lot of people did not know that he was going to leave the country. I cannot see how Greenberg could do anymore as he...
  65. G

SBW - Yes he did a disloyal act - Would have been prevented by good NRL Admin

I don't quite understand who you are aiming at here. The NRL, Canterbury??
  66. G

Your Team For The Dragons

He seemed to lack a bit of mobility and pace for mine. There was a Warriors kick that he returned in the 2nd half and he just seemed to struggle to pick the ball up quickly, turn and build momentum when running back at the line. Will look like a fool if he is named and then plays lol.
  67. G

Barba on the wing?/If mass changes are to be made..

Tend to agree with you here. It appears that he is putting in and thought his performance vs Souths was good.
  68. G

This weeks predictions guys

If the Dragons play with the same intensity they had against Melbourne, then we will have to play very well. I don't mind our chances next Monday night and my heart is saying a big turnaround and a 24-18 win to the Dogs. My head though worries that if our forwards don't dominate and we leave...
  69. G

Your Team For The Dragons

Crisp didn't look right to me last Saturday. Will be interesting to see who would play full back if he is injured. Given our current situation would Nanai move to full back and Barba moves onto a wing? With Hughes being a question mark, would Roberts move into the No 9. He can play 80 minutes...
  70. G

Still sitting on 4069 members...Will we make the 10k?

Just a question regarding football club membership. As I'm in Melbourne and not in a position to get a season ticket, can you simply apply and gain the football club membership which I think was $30 this year? I follow the AFL but the Dogs are my no 1 team and I would like to show my support in...
  71. G

My apologise boys

I'm sure you meant the Kite/Mason comparison in a footballing context and not the off field areas lol.
  72. G

Steve Folkes Won Us The Game... Oh Wait...

Definitely our best team performance for a long time. We seemed to have a definite plan and we stuck to it. The one thing i really noticed when watching the game was our completion rate. At one stage we were 22/24 in completing our sets and that would surely be our best this year. Loved Kite's...
  73. G

OMG Can we?!

Thank you. As mentioned above, I reckon your team will be right amongst it come finals time. Once Lockyer and Wallace get a few games under their belt, you will cause all sorts of problems. It has been a very strange round of results though...upsets all round.
  74. G

Live scores Broncos vs Bulldogs *Spoilers*

Thanks to all on here for the updates. Can't wait till the FOX replay at 6pm. Great win Doggies!
  75. G

armit vs hannant

I'm an Armit fan as well but Hannant has played Rep footy as mentioned. I really hope we re-sign Armit as we need to increase our depth for next year. Having Hannant, Hickey, Armit, Tsoulos is what I believe to be a very good top four front rowers.
  76. G

Are we becoming Like Arsenal

Agree, I am from Melbourne and I barrack for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and prefer it that way. As for Arsenal, I don't really get the comparison either. Needless to say though, they are a proud EPL club who are successful and quite powerful as well. I could think of worse teams to be...
  77. G

Do you live in Canterbury-Bankstown council limits?

No, born and bred in Melbourne.
  78. G

the worst defeat you have witnessed as a dogs supporter !!!

Thats the one. Was standing in the perfect position at Olympic Park to see that try as well. As a Melburnian, it still hurts. Copped it more over that one than the loss a month ago.
  79. G

the worst defeat you have witnessed as a dogs supporter !!!

The 46-0 loss against Melbourne a month ago and the last second 16-12 loss to Melbourne in 2006. Being there to witness those two was just horrible.
  80. G

Redemption

That fired me up too.....c'mon Canterbury!!!!!!
  81. G

2 Wins, and We're Back On Track

And never underestimate the team that wears Blue and White as well! If we can win this weekend and get a roll on then we are certainly in the mix. Remember that we are just hitting the half way mark of the season and we are two games out of the final eight. The finals are still very realistic...
  82. G

Arthur Coorey to the rescue

Even if I was reading a Telegraph article, from what was said, Greenberg, Peponis, Ballesty and Coorey managed to clear the air with SBW's team. This is a very positive step for our club. I don't think MattO's view's were anything other than his own perceptions on the club and the personnel...
  83. G

Gutless pieces of sh#t!

I felt like it believe me. Might have been outnumbered on the night if I had of opened my mouth though.
  84. G

Gutless pieces of sh#t!

The only humerous thing last night was the group of Doggies fans near me who had an argument with a couple of Storm women. Talk about hanging the fishing rod out and biting.
  85. G

Gutless pieces of sh#t!

We certainly copped it yesterday. My brother had to leave early regardless of how the game was going and the send off we both copped was a beauty. I even had a woman come up to me to kindly tell me how embarrasing it must have been wearing blue and white and how ordinary the Dogs were...
  86. G

Away games

Tonight's game against the Storm is my home game as such. Usually fly up for one or two games per season in Sydney and they are usually games at ANZ Stadium.
  87. G

Sportal Article: Sonny Bill out for a month

Might have had something to do with our team having to be named just under 24 hours after the Sharks game. A really good test for our younger players and it will be interesting to see who comes in.
  88. G

Barry Nelson Quote

I think we all agree here that it was something horrific that happened to our great club. If you are responding to the discussion between MattO and I, then I think you are being unfair. I merely took exception to a point that he wrote, then he responded and explained his point of view and it...
  89. G

Storm man vs The Bulldogs

I thought the Dogs ad was funny to be honest. Regarding Storm Man, there are obviously Storm fans who agree with you as during their game vs Manly, there were heaps of tennis balls being thrown at him on his little scooter.
  90. G

X Blades?

Thanks for that. Would be interesting to see what ideas the club have on a new logo.
  91. G

whats happened to sunday footy this year?

I love it when we play Saturday night games as I can usually see us on TV. The last few times I have been to Sydney to watch the team I have been on a Friday night (Good Friday in 2007) and Sunday afternoon (vs Canberra) and I thought both of those times were great.
  92. G

X Blades?

Out of curiousity Matt, did Ray Dib have a response to that? Would love to see the name Canterbury-Bankstown reinstated.
  93. G

Barry Nelson Quote

Understand that but it still staggers me that that he could be unaware of what was going on. For memory, Hagan was the first to go when the scandal broke. Weren't there also player payments being filtered through the Oasis Project? I didn't know we got nailed on a tax error. I always...
  94. G

X Blades?

Looking forward to seeing what X Blades come up with. A traditional jumper like Aarons would look exceptional.
  95. G

Barry Nelson Quote

I definitely agree that his chairmanship got us through the culling process in 1999 and we should acknowledge that. I have a couple of old Canterbury Leagues journals and the vision he had was for an extremely bright and ambitious future for the club. I look at that proposed stadium in Liverpool...
  96. G

Barry Nelson Quote

I must admit that i have no idea that Noad didn't take a pay cut. You have more inside info than I do (which is actually none). All I am saying is that depsite the apparent shortcomings of Noad's time in charge, he didn't oversee the issues we had in 2002.
  97. G

Barry Nelson Quote

The vision set out by McIntyre, Nelson and co for Oasis was revolutionary and the fact that we were safely admitted into the 14 team comp showed that board and administration to have done very well up to that point. The mess that that board and administration should never be forgiven. Sure...
  98. G

Bulldogs V Melbourne Score

Thats what I want to see. Realistically, a win is definitely not beyond us but we would need to play a lot better than at any stage this year. I know we are more than capable of doing this but the basic errors must stop. Bulldogs 18 def Melbourne 14 for mine.
  99. G

Michael Sullivan - Liability or Lacking Match Fitness?

Sullivan will be a good buy in my view. He should have scored the match winning try against the Titans and has just come back from an injury. I would also like to see him used late in the halves when running at tiring forwards. Give him time.