Search results

1. M

Our top 30 2024

Season’s almost over. Looking at out top 30 for next year it looks something like this: Backs JAC Critta Kiraz Blake Wilson Bronson Xerri Hayze Perham Jeral Skelton Blake Taafe Halves Matty Burton Sexton Karl Olaupu Forwards RFM Vili Kikau Max King Liam Knight TPJ Chris Patolo Franky Pele...
  2. M

Okunbor coming off the bench

Can anybody explain to me the logic that resulted in that decision? I’m not blaming him for the loss. I am however questioning what the fuck we’re doing. He’s so half hearted. Why anyone thought bringing that half-heartedness closer to the action would be a good idea? I’m so confused
  3. M

Opinion Your 2022 team of the Year

1. James Tedesco 2. Alex Johnson 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Joseph Manu 5. JAC 6. Dylan Brown 7. Ben Hunt 8. Payne Haas 9. Api Korosai 10. Tino Fasuamuali 11. Jeremiah Nanai 12. Viliame Kikau 13. Joseph Topine 14. Nicho Hynes 15. Haumole Olakau’atu 16. RCG 17. Junior Paulo
  4. M

Rd 24 vs Sharks 3-2-1

I can’t think of a player who deserves points. Maybe RFM. Burton worst on field.
  5. M

The Burton conundrum

By all account we’ve made a sizeable offer to retain Matt Burton to be our long term five-eighth for the next five years. Like many others, I’m pleased that we’re locking our future into a bright young player. But there’s still a pressing issue with Burton that I don’t think we know the answer...
  6. M

Tyson Gamble granted permission to negotiate with rival clubs

https://www.zerotackle.com/bronco-requests-release-as-minutes-dwindle-121829/amp/
  7. M

Rd 23 vs Eels - 3-2-1

Worst performance of the year.
  8. M

We need a more talkative captain.

This is not a thread to hate on Josh Jackson’s playing ability or whether or not he should be in the squad. That’s already been argued to death all over the forum. I love Josh and all that he means to the club. However he doesn’t argue the points with the ref. We were being held down all game...
  9. M

NRL loan system needs to be revamped

NRL loan system is a joke. It’s basically turned into the top teams feasting on bottom teams towards the finals. The NRL should have seen this coming and the fact that they didn’t shows how short-sighted they are. There needs to be very specific rules to prevent this from happening. The Harry...
  10. M

Vaughan deserves to be re-signed.

He’s our best prop, very consistent and rarely has a bad game. If it’s true that his asking price isn’t all that high I’d definitely offer him an extension. We have money after letting Hetherington go.
  11. M

Our salary cap situation for 2023 (According to Zero Tackle)

Disclaimer: I am not saying this is 100% accurate. This is the best source I have in the one place Disclaimer Part 2: I read the NRL salary cap rules. My understanding for 2023 is put in this thread. If I'm wrong I apologise. Disclaimer Part 3: I have an avid curiosity with things like...
  12. M

Build a spine for $35

Fullbacks $15 Trbojovic $14 Tedesco $13 Papenhuyzen $12 RTS $11 Mitchell $10 Ponga $9 Gutherson $8 Dylan Edwards $7 CNK $6 Will Kennedy $5 Matt Dufty $4 Blake Laurie $3 Aj Brimson $2 Meaney $1 Tesi Niu Five Eighths $15 Munster $14 Keary $13 C Walker $12 Luai $11 Burton $10 Wighton $9 Staggs $8...
  13. M

Our top 30 for next season

Just thought I'd make a list based on positions we have filled for next season and where we possibly have holes still to be filled for next season. I've estimated the number of players we will need to cover every position. Some players may be able to cover a few positions. Players like Averillo...
  14. M

The most boring round in NRL history

Only one game finished within 10 points. On top of the farcical sin bins. This was the worst round of Rugby League I've ever watched. The referees have way too much influence on the game.
  15. M

Sam Walker and the Roosters salary cap

I'm starting to get the gist that it's an open secret that the Roosters have a seperate set of books. Sam Walker is literally the hottest thing in Rugby League at the moment and he's off contract for next year. It's been said that the Roosters are pretty much spending the majority of their cap...
  16. M

Opinion A quick review of our recruitment since we started rebuilding

During rebuilds, it's critical you nail your recruitment. Barely any of our signings since we announced we were rebuilding have hit. I'll give a quick overview of what I mean. Players signed for 2019 1/7 Jack Cogger (Knights) Miss/No longer here Nick Meaney (Knights) Decent squad player...
  17. M

Here's what needs to happen for us to win the Competition in 2019

Round 23: Cowboys need to beat Penrith Rabbits need to beat Broncos Warriors need to beat the Sharks Knights need to beat the Tigers Round 24: We beat Cows Eels need to beat Broncos Roosters beat Panthers Raiders beat Sharks Dragons need to beat Tigers Round 25 We beat Broncos Tigers need...
  18. M

NSW Origin side announced for SOO Game 1

https://www.nswblues.app/news/team-announcement-brydens-lawyers-nsw-blues-origin-i/ Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has tonight named five debutants for Game One of the 2019 Holden State of Origin Series at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday 5 June. The team will be...
  19. M

What's going on

BBCode (message boards & forums) Whole forum is like this.
  20. M

Champions League 2012-13 Discussion Thread

We had one last year, and nobody made one this year so yeah. Malaga are the surprise package this year, along with BATE. James Rodriguez from Porto is a gun.
  21. M

Some fun stats

In our 10 match winning streak we've beaten every single top 8 team except the Broncos who we play against this week. 1. Bulldogs 2. Souths 3. Storms 4. Manly 5. Sharks 6. Cowboys 7. Brisbane 8. Tigers Every team we've lost against, we've been able to beat in another fixture (ie no team...
  22. M

England Squad 2012 Euros

CONFIRMED ENGLAND EURO 2012 SQUAD Goalkeepers: Hart, Green, Ruddy. Defenders: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry. Midfielders: Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young. Strikers: Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck. Stand-by...
  23. M

What each top team needs in the upcoming transfer window!

Real Madrid Center Back Back-up CM Barcelona Back-up CB Forward (Depth) Manchester City Forward (Replace Tevez) World-Class Center Back Manchester United Creative Midfielder Holding Midfielder Tottenham Striker (Support for Adebayor) Chelsea Winger Creative Midfielder...
  24. M

Top ten players of 2011

Sorry if there's a similar thread, in that case delete this thread :) Top ten players of 2011 for you, in order. 1. Slater 2. Foran 3. Marshall 4. Barba 5. Smith 6. Cronk 7. Cherry-Evans 8. Matt Scott 9. Gallen 10. Shaun Johnson - Mainly for his form in the finals :)
  25. M

Players you love/hate

Pretty simple thread, name 5 players you like and 5 players you hate. For the sake of the thread, please do not include players from the team you support in your love list. Love: 1. Shweinsteiger - Totally gifted footballer, great passer and awesome shooting from range. Always take joy in...
  26. M

On Report

We have Cranky Franky and Joel the Pain Train on report..do either have a case to answer to?
  27. M

Your Dream Team

If you could have any formation, and pick any team, who would you line up with? Personally: 4-3-3 Cassilas Lahm Vidic Pepe Cole Iniesta Shweingsteiger Xavi Messi Rooney Ronaldo
  28. M

Your Side vs Warriors

Barba Turner Lafai Morris Goodwin (Sorry for doubting you, you're our second best winger by far) Halatau (Has played there before, I doubt he'd do any worse than the two before him) Hodkinson Tolman Ennis Kasiano Pritchard Ryan Stagg Eastwood Taupau Paea Idris Warburton, Keating, Wright out...
  29. M

Changes needed for next week.

I'll try to make it concise. Work on the High Balls, they deadset killed us tonight with them. Major improvements needed, maybe bring back Goodwin, much safer than both Lett and Wright Support play needs improving. Couple of times players have had their hand free but there was no support...
  30. M

Rant

I'm sick of seeing the same **** every set. Deadset it's like we're replaying every set, they all look the same. And the pattern is simple. First tackle: Scoot by a back Second Tackle One out run by one of our forwards Third Tackle Pass to our half, who hands it off to a forward...
  31. M

The most disappointed I've been as a Bulldogs fan

Let me start this off by saying I'm only 17, and although I've supported the Bulldogs for as long as I can remember, I only really followed them since about 2002, since I was able to comprehend the trivialities of NRL at that time. I'll break this down year by year. 2002 - Our team was...
  32. M

The Real Madrid Thread

The Greatest Football Club on Earth I see other clubs have there own thread, so I thought I'd due justice by making sure the greatest club had it's own! 2011-12 Signings: Nuri Sahin (Dortmund) Hamit Altintop (Bayern Munchen) Jose Callejon (Espanyol) Raphael Varane (RC Lens) Fabio Coentrao...
  33. M

Which part of the team is letting us down the most?

Simple thread, please vote on the poll as well Is it our Backs (Fullback, Centres, Wingers) Halves (Five Eight, Halfback, Hooker) Forwards (Props, Second Row, Lock) Bench? You can also say which part has impressed us the most.
  34. M

Who's still off contract for us?

I'm curious, I know that we still have a couple of players who aren't with us beyond this year. Can anyone make a list? I know a couple. Bryson Goodwin Andrew Ryan Mickey Paea Corey Payne Michael Lett Ben Roberts Chris Armit Joel Romelo Gary Warburton Junior Tia Kilifi Heka Nanai Brad Morrin...
  35. M

Look past the soap opera, NRL players have real lives say Ben Iken

There was more high drama this week in the soap opera that is rugby league. Todd Carney and Anthony Watts have found themselves in hot water for very different reasons but both have generated headlines that no footy fan wanted to see. Or did they? I am in no way trivialising or justifying...
  36. M

Completely theoretical question.

I hope this doesn't get merged with the round 7 team lists but anyway. NRL TEAM 1 BEN BARBA 2 STEVE TURNER 3 JOSH MORRIS 4 JAMAL IDRIS 5 BRYSON GOODWIN 6 KRIS KEATING 7 TRENT HODKINSON 8 AIDEN TOLMAN 9 MICHAEL ENNIS 10 MICKEY PAEA 11 FRANK PRITCHARD 12 ANDREW RYAN 13 DAVID STAGG INTERCHANGE...
  37. M

If you could take one player from another team, who would you take.

For a forward, I'd take Gallen, the guy is an absolute freak, he does as much as three forwards. You're always at an advantage with him in the team.. For a back, I'd take Inglis, you know what the guy is capable of, with good service nethin is possible For a half, Thurston, for obvious...
  38. M

The Best 1-6-7-9 in the NRL.

I'm just wondering, who you think has the best 1679 combination in the NRL? I'll try my best to list the teams here, at full strength. Please correct my mistakes. Brisbane Hoffman-Lockyear-Wallace-McCullough Canberra Dugan-Campese-Orford-Buttriss Canterbury Barba-Keating-Hodkinson-Ennis...
  39. M

Somebody explain this to me.

Alright, go to Google maps, type in this coordinate 47.110579,9.227568 and streetview it. Then look around for a few seconds. What is that? lol
  40. M

Anelka sent home.

France striker Nicolas Anelka has been kicked out of the World Cup for a foul-mouthed dressing-room outburst against his coach Raymond Domenech. Anelka reportedly made obscene comments to Domenech at halftime during the 0-2 loss to Mexico on Thursday. "Go and get f****d, you dirty son of a...
  41. M

Predict the winner!

My prediction is for a Spain/Argentina final, not sure who will win out of those too though.
  42. M

Overachievers

We have a couple of players who I think do much more than they are given credit for. Buddy Gordon Chris Armit Blake Green Michael Hodgson **** me dead, they all go hard.
  43. M

Panthers vs Roosters *spoilers*

10-0 Panthers 28th minutes Roosters drop out.
  44. M

Sackings threads

Do it. I'll start off by saying Ryan. The guy seriously needs to GTFO to Super League.
  45. M

Gingers do have souls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM lol
  46. M

Most over-rated player?

For me, It'd have to be Gidley. He gets so much praise, yet offers so little. Special mentions to; Benji Marshall David Williams Manu Vatuvei
  47. M

FOXSPORTS Lol

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25788561-23214,00.html I don't understand how NSW dominated that match, yet most of their players are rated better than ours. Seriously, Neville Costigan was said to have a good a game as Kimmorley, Ennis and the like.
  48. M

Sackings thread

And the series. Seriously, **** off to the following. Selectors Bellyache O'donnel Williams Wallace Kite Farah Gallen All the forwards except Watmough and Creagh Seriously, I hate watching these maroons celebrating.
  49. M

Fight me.

Hello guys. I like many other people, love to play Rpg's, but I found this one very nice to play. Unlike other RPG's, it takes about 5 minutes a day to play. Basically, you create a character, and you can have three fights a day. Try it out here, http://magic.arrow.mybrute.com/ You...
  50. M

Aaron groom

What a gun player. Game well played. If he can keep this form onto next year he is guaranteed no6 next year. Set up 2 or 3 tries, a break or 2 and is exactly what we need off kimorley. He gun
  51. M

Your first grade top 25

Who would be in your for 2009? Mine would be: patten el-masri idris morris utai roberts bk hanant ennis leano warburton ryan maitua hodgeson hickey temaari barba groom morrin goodwin winterstein harrison crisp kouparitsas kite
  52. M

Funniest add you ever saw

Well for me it was this 7/11 add that Wrote'' looking for young indian male to work late shifts. Must be married'' i had two reactions. 1. Dumb racists 2. Probably required married man so the owner could curry-munch on his wife
  53. M

Kouparitsas

I Mean this guy is Quickly becoming One of my fav players. Week in Week out hes making breaks when they need it most..... I guess Our most Promising Player Behind Roberts And Millard. But i mean he is our most underated player just look at his stats Lol