Search results

1. Matty B

Anyone worked in Bars etc?

Mate i work at my local RSL club and i enjoy it and wanna make the industry my career. Flexible hours and you can learn a variety or areas besides from bar work such as TAB, gaming etc. Also when its quiet during the daily business hours its piss easy. The only deterrent is theres alot of...
  2. Matty B

Happy Birthday .PARANoIR. & Matty B

Thanks alot, appreciate it.
  3. Matty B

Daryl Brohman

The big maan was a very useful and skilful prop who had a very good game in the 1984 Grand Final and is also a top bloke.
  4. Matty B

5 Dream Players

Thurston Farah SBW Inglis Price
  5. Matty B

Naming Kids After Footy Players...

Just hope Mason Pure kicks on.
  6. Matty B

A brief history of the Dogs

Good stuff. I enjoyed that.
  7. Matty B

How old are you

8. Matty B

Vaefaga & Nanai

When i was at the leagues club after the Parra semi i saw Utai buy a packet of smokes.
  9. Matty B

Hangover Cure

Have some Gatorade, i swear by it. Whenever im out on the drink on the way home i always buy 2 blue gatorades and put them down. No matter how much ive had to drink it 2 bottles of it works and i wake up feeling as good as gold, i recommend that everyone tries this, works everytime.
  10. Matty B

Patten Bulldog of the Year

Agreed if we had 17 Luke Pattens we might have played some more committed footy and showed a bit of ticker this year.
  11. Matty B

Congratulations Andrew Ryan+Wife

Congratulations. Good luck to him.
  12. Matty B

Malta Vs. Portugal

Go Malta! Do us proud!
  13. Matty B

Willie Mason to St Helens? ? ?

First ive heard of it mate. Hes contracted to the Bulldogs until 2009 so its not likely, but who knows.
  14. Matty B

Pick the Top 8 in 2008

Storm Eels Broncos Sea Eagles Roosters Cowboys Bulldogs Warriors
  15. Matty B

The Grahem Poll Award

Definitely Simpkins sending off McKinnon for making a tackle lol
  16. Matty B

3 years ago today

I was just thinking this earlier. I might knock back a couple of blondies (pure blonde)at 7 and whack the DVD on. Good times.
  17. Matty B

Dragons Vs Dogs Rnd 6, 2008

Im already there should be a cracker.
  18. Matty B

This Ben Barba kid

He has alot of room for improvement, he can be greedy but has plenty of natural ability and i still reckon he can be a good top grade footballer one day.
  19. Matty B

who wants folks gone

No, he should be able to serve out his contract which expires next year then its up to Noad and the Board whether or not they want to retain him past then.
  20. Matty B

Shock Photo...Reni Dogs the Dogs

I think weve got him til the end of '09.
  21. Matty B

Swedish host vomits on live tv

Haha thats funny
  22. Matty B

Whos hots and Whos Not

The pommy bird is quality, better than Jessica in my opinion.
  23. Matty B

Favourite Movie Series

Rocky Die Hard The Godfather Rush Hour
  24. Matty B

Folkes Super Thread

Folkes should be given the chance to serve out his contract which expires next year then if the problems of 2007 are not rectified then its time to look elsewhere and continue to rebuild.
  25. Matty B

Great Game Holdsworth

Lol far from it when they needed the halfback to take the game by the scruff he took some poor options and put some terrible kicks in. If he wants to earn his spot back in First Grade he'll wanna grow a leg and play some better footy than what he displayed yesterday.
  26. Matty B

2007 Jim Beam Cup Grand Final.

So The Entrance got up 30-20. Good effort seeing it was only 3 weeks ago that they were belted 50-10 by the Bulls. Did anyone go out to the SFS for the Manly v Cowboys game and catch this beforehand? Any standouts?
  27. Matty B

Kouparitsas Injury

He probably will be but he will miss basically the whole off season and will be behind the rest of the squad fitness wise by a few months and he will struggle to start the year in First Grade, he also may not be risked for the trials.
  28. Matty B

2007 Premiers?

Lol that was hilarious, and then see Ben Cross console him and hold him while Hoffman weeps on his shoulder lol.
  29. Matty B

2007 Premiers?

Exactly right. Theyve dominated for 2 years and will be desperate to go one better.
  30. Matty B

Dogs '08 jersey

I hope they are our official jerseys for next year theyre brilliant.
  31. Matty B

Guys & Jeans

Yeh i dont rate this look its pretty poor, i get the ****s when i see blokes wearing jeans like these.
  32. Matty B

Dogs '08 jersey

Is this fair dinkum? Coz it looks great.
  33. Matty B

Buy some forwards

Thats where we fell over this year mate and ive been saying it for a while, we are too big and too slow, our style is no danger to anyone anymore we are too stale and we have to adapt.
  34. Matty B

Kouparitsas Injury

If its true then hes in for a big op and a 5 month recovery bad news.
  35. Matty B

The FG players at the footy today

I saw Grimaldi and Bobcat there.
  36. Matty B

Barba & Groom

I thought Barba had an unhappy game. Did some good things but on two occasions in the game on the last he either went himself or through the hands and gave away alot of field position, and the second time he did so thats where Parra got their field goal. Theres alot of room for improvement with him.
  37. Matty B

Folkes Super Thread

Where theres smoke theres fire.
  38. Matty B

Great Game Holdsworth

I was out there and i thought Holdsworth was ordinary, took alot of wrong options.
  39. Matty B

Bulldogs IN's and OUT's for 2008

I dont think Cuts has got himself a club for next year yet.
  40. Matty B

**ROLLCALL** flegg and pl @ ctown

Im only a few minutes from Campbelltown Stadium so im there to support our Premier League and Flegg Dogs.
  41. Matty B

Bulldogs Player of the Year

Luke Patten. Andrew Ryan a close second.
  42. Matty B

would you take anasta back?

Originally no but his form in 2007 has been great and deserves a green and gold jumper. Hes better than what we have so id gladly take him back.
  43. Matty B

the SFS i think as the curtain raiser to Manly v North Queensland.
  44. Matty B

Will Thurston Get Suspended?

He will get off i think.
  45. Matty B

So this weekend it will be the Sydney Bulls vs The Entrance Tigers in the Grand Final. The Bulls going through two weeks ago after beating Cabramatta in the GF qualifier, after being down 24-0 after 30 minutes, coming back to win 34-24. I was there at Cabra that day and it was one of the best...
  46. Matty B

Bobdog Vs. Gort Nook

Where is Gort anyway?, havent seen him on here for a while.
  47. Matty B

What I Think..

I would be shattered to lose Bobcat, they cant let him go. The blokes stats speak for themselves he aims up every week there aint a more consistent play in the side. An 80 minute forward also.
  48. Matty B

Highs and Lows of 2007

Would carve them up no doubt about it.
  49. Matty B

Highs and Lows of 2007

Yep no doubt Sonny killed them in the 2nd half of the year, he went great.
  50. Matty B

Highs and Lows of 2007

They were both very consistent players all year, you dont agree mate?
  51. Matty B

Highs and Lows of 2007

Highs: Round 3 vs Titans. Seeing the Ring of Champions inducted with a fitting ceremony for 20 odd Canterbury legends, followed by out 1st win of 2007. Round 4 vs Souths Round 15 vs Manly El Masri's Origin debut and great performance. The great form of Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten. The...
  52. Matty B

Thanks Bulldogs

We just never got going this year and its time for a rebuilding phase, strengthen our key positions, halves and hooker position and find some size and pace out wide and adapt to the way the game is now being played. Bring on 2008!
  53. Matty B

PL and Flegg VS Eels

Campbelltown Stadium is only 5 minutes from my place so ill definitely be there.
  54. Matty B

Bulldogs captain - who, who who who?

Andrew Ryan is a leader on the field and i cant se what hes done wrong to warrant him losing the captaincy.
  55. Matty B

So whats your Go?

Who do you hope will make the Grand Final?: Storm v Cowboys. Who do you think will make the Grand Final?: Storm v Cowboys. Who do you want to win the Grand Final?: Cowboys. Who do you think will win the Grand Final?: Cant split them, would be a great game. Who do you think will be...
  56. Matty B

Which 2 teams will make the Grand Final?

Storm v Cowboys. Manly have a good side but the week off combined with some underdone players like Kite etc who have had niggling injuries and those who were rested for the Warriors game a couple of weeks back have only played 2 or 3 games in the last 4 or 5 weeks. That could hurt Manlys...
  57. Matty B

Strip clubs

Ive been to a couple, you get over them pretty fast theyre just a massive tease.
  58. Matty B

Tribute to the team

Im not sure if they deserve any tributes. 12 wins 14 losses, just never got going this year and a shake up is required. Our brand of footy is stale, predictable and old and we lack pace all over the park as well as direction. Sides dont fear our pack now as they did in previous years. Changes...
  59. Matty B

Adam Perry

He has had a good run at Canterbury and was part of our great 2004 Premiership winning team. I met him once and hes a great bloke who has been a great clubman for our club but has seen better days. All the best Adam Perry and goodluck with whatever you do after this season.
  60. Matty B

Bulldogs are full of Bullcrap

Agreed i thought he was good in patches then went missing, but so did a few others. No structure in attack, and too stale, we need pace out wide, ive been saying this since last year, and out of dummy half. Im extremely disappointed.
  61. Matty B

Was it just me or...

Nothing went our way, a couple of 50/50 calls, SBW getting hurt, but to our credit we defended great in the 1st half but kept shooting ourselves in the foot by making mistakes in our own half combined with poor kicking from Roberts and Sherwin who kicked down Hayne and Inu's throat all night...
  62. Matty B

Finch Drop Goal

Seeing it live i thought he knocked it on, that was poor refereeing, how did Finch get away with that?
  63. Matty B

Its Game Day !!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait. Just 15 hours to go!
  64. Matty B

Future of thurdays footy show?

Keep Fatty and Matty, but get rid of Chief. The show needs a makeover and some fresh ideas though.
  65. Matty B

Favourite Old School Singer

Roy Orbison.
  66. Matty B

O'Meley's woes over ref sledge: Fitzgerald Attacks

Just Fitzgerald being a smartarse as always.
  67. Matty B

Sopranos is Back

Its great that its back on one of my favourite shows but i keep forgetting to watch it. What time is it on and is it Mondays or Tuesdays?
  68. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

Any updates? Anyone bought a ticket in the last couple of hours?
  69. Matty B

sweetest victory?

Lol how could i forget a hit like that mate it was gold, and on a parasite like Terry Hill.
  70. Matty B

sweetest victory?

It was Bobcat and someone else that smashed Terry Hill.
  71. Matty B

sweetest victory?

ahh yeh my mistake Sherwin was at dumy half and Anasta opted for the cut out.
  72. Matty B

Wazza's Sidekick in 08

Brandy has gotta get it hes in by far the best commentator on Fox, is not over bearing to listen to and very knowledgeable.
  73. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

the one thing i reall regret is not buying tickets up in 407... its buy far the best seats you can get at telstra... it has better view than the ones on the lower bowl Agreed i rate it highly up there, hence why i bought tickets up there for Saturday. Your right on top of it and on halfway.
  74. Matty B

Batman or Superman ?

Cant spilt em lol
  75. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

Arent you gonna be in 407? Its good up there, its fine actually you have a good view of the game its not too high up, i like sitting up there, as long as your not up the top lol. 407 is also right on halfway.
  76. Matty B

Most missed player since 2004

Steve Price was an asset to the club both on and off the field. An irreplaceable leader whoshould have been a Bulldog for life.
  77. Matty B

sweetest victory?

Bulldogs v Roosters Round 9, 2003. All the build up people saying it was the Grand Final that never was, you knew all week that game was going to be something special,the atmosphere was electric. We were gone with about 20 to go, down 22-14 and to come back against a quality Roosters side was...
  78. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

Yeh im in 407.
  79. Matty B

Bulldogs are better than in 2004: Hughes

Hes on drugs. This years team has a long way to go before we can compare them to the 2004 Premiers.
  80. Matty B

Selection debates

1.Patten 2.El Masri 3.Millard 4.Tonga 5.Utai 6.Roberts 7.Sherwin 8.O'Meley 9.Hughes 10.Mason 11.Williams 12.Ryan(C) 13.Maitua 14.Perry 15.Kouparitsas 16.Armit 17.Hickey
  81. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

Exactly right. I cant see how two of the most followed clubs in Sydney and old arch rivals cant pull a crowd of over 50 000 in an elimination semi final. And also its the only game to be played in Sydney this weekend.
  82. Matty B

The Unmighty Eels - lineup named

Solid pack, great outside backs, theyre halves will bring them undone, if we put Finch and Smith under constant pressure and send a couple of big forwards down their way in defence and get on top in the forwards were a big chance of winning this one, but theyre gonna be tough.
  83. Matty B

Where will you be sitting?

Cool, mad spot up there i cant wait for saturday.
  84. Matty B

Yeh were in a great spot,great view of the game. As long as your not in level 6 lol you cant see anything up there.
  85. Matty B

Eastern Grandstand, section 407 right on the 50 m line up in level 4, i cant wait for this one.
  86. Matty B

PAX and Ticket Updates

I bought 4 tickets online at about 9.15 and the PAX number said 18 675.
  87. Matty B

Dogs Vs Eels... Let's Make Some NOISE!!!

Cant wait, buying my tickets online tomorrow morning its gonna be a cracker.
  88. Matty B

No More Excuses..

Its great that we are gonna go into this one full strength. Its time for the boys to step up, especially the forwards, these games are won and lost in the forwards.
  89. Matty B

That's 5/5 for me

2/7
  90. Matty B

Your political party

Labor.
  91. Matty B

When is the last time the Cowboys have had a daytime home match?

Due to the conditions up there with the heat and humidity, only night games are played up there.
  92. Matty B

Folkes Super Thread

Not Folkes fault, we just didnt aim up. I thought we'd give a better account of ourselves than that of last night. Disappointing.
  93. Matty B

if we lose to Storm on Friday night

I dont think it matters, to win the comp no matter what youve got to beat the best out anyway, i dont reckon it matters when we play the Storm personally.
  94. Matty B

Beer.

Yeh love a beer although im more of a Jack Daniels man than anything now. VB or New on tap and i love the occasional Crownie.
  95. Matty B

Drop Haz?

This man is a legend, hes scored about 140 tries in First Grade and has been one of the best finishers in the comp for a long time. How can you call for his head.
  96. Matty B

Mason - I'm desperate for a crack at the Storm

Would be great to have him on deck against the competition benchmark. I dont think hes played the Storm since the 2004 Semi-Final.
  97. Matty B

Did O'Meley

That washed up duds played 5 games this year. He doesnt have a right to blow up at anyone, that was disgraceful behaviour.