Search results

1. Alan79

Sonny bill gripe

I've avoided the temptation to read the article. I know that it'd probably just annoy me.
  2. Alan79

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Close. Big clue in my username.
  3. Alan79

You could look at this situation from numerous views. Topine faking for cash grab is one popular opinion. I can't rule that out, but I suspect he has had mental health issues to deal with and has had bad advice following on from there. The feeling I'm getting from this is that Topines money has...
  4. Alan79

Back 5

Thought it was 4 years. Edit- was actually 2.
  5. Alan79

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

Throw any decent support player behind that hot potato football and they thrive. Barba was good. But it helped a whole fucking lot that about 70% of the times that he got the ball, the defence was also having to decide if it was him or a 110kg decoy getting it. And generally speaking we'd have a...
  6. Alan79

Back 5

2004 roster was almost unbeatable. Haz and Utai might struggle to establish themselves in today's game I think. But back then before every winger had to be 100ish kg or an absolute freakish athlete if they're smaller they were awesome. End of the era with small wingers when they were getting about.
  7. Alan79

I like to think the club will look after him if he lets them. But the damage is definitely done now to his career. If he decides to have another charge at elite league he's a risk now to clubs. That will be reflected in what he's offered. If he ever goes on to earn good money, it's going to be...
  8. Alan79

I had a mate talk me into playing some touch footy when I was 35. I protested that I wasn't fit enough. I was told if I look tired the coach will pull me off. I told him I'd play. Last time I played a team sport they just gave us oranges. Player welfare has drastically improved if hand jobs are...
  9. Alan79

He specifically asked that I tag him when I see things like this. Had to oblige.
  10. Alan79

If the lawyer is asking for 4 million and he's stupid enough to have gone public with this, I'd say it's desperation times for him. Topine has probably exhausted his finances. He just smells deep pockets and he's thrown his client to the wolves to try and get access to those pockets. He's...
  11. Alan79

@Tassie Devil might have differing opinions on this as a form of punishment.
  12. Alan79

Opinion Blake Taffee

I noticed him chime into plays on both sides like he'd been playing all game. Also thought he's the first half I've seen here since Sherwin to get involved twice in a single backline movement. He's doing enough right to keep himself in the team. But if he doesn't get more minutes he'll...
  13. Alan79

Back 5

Was about to go back to some pre 04 teams. I'd struggle to name a better backline at any point in the last 20 years. We've had some good ones. But right now I think we're good even if we're down a couple of first choice backs. Haven't had any part of the team in too long where it felt that way.
  14. Alan79

We‘re under the Roosters spell like it’s Scientology.

Makes me wonder about Arthur. He took over an underperforming roster and got them firing in his first season and playing well for a while afterwards. Turned a few fringe players into beasts during his early years. Had decent runs at the premiership. He's lost some influential players in recent...
  15. Alan79

Opinion Medical Retirements

Just trying to help you champ. I hope you can enjoy the forum and make some friends here. Just wasn't going to happen if you got upset about something easily fixed.
  16. Alan79

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Tigpies- Unpredictable due to having some youngsters in key positions, but should be beatable IMO. Penrith- There's no arguing that these guys are currently the benchmark. But no team is perfect and hopefully we can ambush them. Raiders- Forrest Gumps box of chocolates. You never know what...
  17. Alan79

Opinion Medical Retirements

I guarantee that any people who block you aren't doing it because you have an opinion. I'll read many opinions here I don't agree with happily. Sometimes they change my thinking. But generally it's easier to take someone's typed opinion seriously if it's presented in an easy to read way. I...
  18. Alan79

I can understand that some people here think he's just gone for the cash grab and feel hostile towards him. But we don't know what's going on in anyone's head. Mental health issues are serious shit and we can fall into holes because we try too hard to tough out issues that need dealing with...
  19. Alan79

Do you ever wonder if you'll be running for public office one day when your kennel history comes up. :fearscream: Just setting the record straight. I only thought about this now for the sake of comedy. But applying peanut butter smooth or crunchy might require something like a piping bag...
  20. Alan79

I can't comprehend how they'd get peanut butter up the horses ass. I can't find it now. But there used to be a video somewhere they'd altered to the carrot joke.
  21. Alan79

RIP Terry Hill!

Very sad to hear. He wasn't ever my favourite player. But his foot show segments were amusing. RIP Terry. Condolences to those who were close to him.
  22. Alan79

I hope he's able to sort his life out. If he's been broken by the game, then I hope he finds something enjoyable to him without the pressure and leads a happy productive life after this. If he makes it back into an NRL roster I hope he makes something of his career. His handful of NRL games is...
  23. Alan79

Carrot up the ass to get her lips moving, then a voice over applied in editing?
  24. Alan79

He's now got ambulance chasers and headline chasers in his head. If they're arguing this has ended his career, he has to accept that his career as far as it's concerned stretches as far as his contract goes. He was a depth player and not our first option. So I'd assume that they'd at best get...
  25. Alan79

I don't think this wrestling incident was the cause of him walking out. More likely he's had a growing belief that he's not going to get there, maybe he's seen guys he dominated a few years ago pass him. Guys get handed shots based on natural physicality rather than hard work (thinking of...
  26. Alan79

If the club is able to disprove a few of these claims, whoever sold this statement to the media could also be up for one hell of a defamation lawsuit. If there's truth to this all Touma sounds like he lost his shit with him and went too far. But if he was that angry you'd think someone would...
  27. Alan79

I get the feeling the lawyer was making ridiculous demands. I would guess if they'd been reasonable this would be settled long since, quietly. Something tells me that whoever dropped this complaint into the medias hands picked up a little bag of money a moment later. Or cocaine and hookers like...
  28. Alan79

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

Xerri was still going to be a turnstile who was off the pace in attack if promoted without 10-12 rounds to get his timing back according to many. It's impossible to judge the impact a player will have until they're in the spotlight. I personally think that in terms of steering the ship...
  29. Alan79

News Sharks player Trindall charged with DUI, awaiting cocaine test results

These guys are purified stupidity in human form. I can understand that someone with dui's or disqualified licences might risk driving (still pure stupidity) if they're too broke to spring for a pickup srrvice. But a footy player that can easily afford a taxi or uber is taking pointless risks...
  30. Alan79

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

Yeah agreed on TPJ. Having someone on big money doing the bare minimum can screw up the attitudes of your hardest workers. Both of our big name props were disappointing last year. Thompson was injured or suspended more than he was available to play. And Pangai was always likely to be amongst the...
  31. Alan79

Comedian Arj Barker asks mum with crying baby to leave show

I have a relative that didn't allow babies at his wedding. Really pissed off my sister and niece who were super keen to go, but couldn't. It was in a rural area and everyone who might babysit was going. So they stayed in Sydney. I was a bit annoyed for them too. It's hard to arrange big family...
  32. Alan79

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

He's not winning that fight. Egg to win in under three minutes when skinny dude breaks a knuckle.
  33. Alan79

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

He's actually got more try assists than Flanagan had by r7 last year.
  34. Alan79

I drink in moderation. That's what I call my bucket.
  35. Alan79

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

We won the challenge but they ruled on something else. So we kept our challenge but were fucked over anyway.
  36. Alan79

Opinion Sam Hughes

Disclaimer- I haven't seen yesterday's game yet. So I'm basing this one previous games. I think he'll be available for round 9. If Ciraldo sticks with him vs the Tigpies I'm sure it's because he's doing more to organise the team than many are seeing. But it's a shame he hasn't fired on the...
  37. Alan79

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Beating the refs and our opponents is the goal. And it sounded like we were hammered on grandstand. Winning convincingly when the refs are gifting momentum to the opposition is going to give plenty of self belief. We were a try away from beating two more perennial top 8 teams too. Good signs...
  38. Alan79

Time for more yet. Taaffe with the last pass will be discussed at length before the round 9 team is named.
  39. Alan79

Ok interesting to see if Taaffe has time to stake any sort of claim in 10 minutes.
  40. Alan79

The ref is desperately trying to get that 13+ lead back down.
  41. Alan79

Fuck it. Got excited before they spotted the foot.
  42. Alan79

Leetttsss gooo boys. Smash them. Try off the dropout.
  43. Alan79

Looking for anything to deny that. Goo Bulldogs. Let's belt the fuck out of these guys. 66-0 in the corresponding game last year. Put them to the sword.
  44. Alan79

It's really weird sweety. I was at the jewellery store looking for your Christmas gift and they'd been changed when I came out.
  45. Alan79

Opinion Patolo

Not a good sign for Patolo. Can't help injury. But he might go down as one of those unlucky guys that never quite get a decent crack at a career. The Stanley brothers jump to mind as examples.
  46. Alan79

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I'll try and get a photo on our next walk. I see people approaching us break into a smile and check him out and he's usually git a smile on his face as well. Very handsome little scruffball though. Don't tell anyone. But he's also got an uneaten palm sized chunk of bacon buried under that shirt...
  47. Alan79

They can be pointless repeat sets though. We get the ball from a kick and get 6 again 10m out from our line it's not useful. And you know they can do this 5 times and then give the knoughts 2 more on the 4th or 5th. Can complain all I like, but the best sides can shut out the ref most of the...
  48. Alan79

The "R U OK ?" Thread

He was having a snooze on his lounge by the window. But he's been out for a walk just before the game. So he's emptied his stomach and will chill until 4ish when he'll start asking for another walk. I'd guess he's wondering if I'm putting shoes on in this pic. Excuse the messy lounge, its also...
  49. Alan79

It's been 3-0 on restarts. But being late in the tackle count as they've been adds weight in shifting momentum and the second one led directly to the try. Fucking massive rort. I thought it was Taaffe.
  50. Alan79

They're all important until we're 6 points inside the 8. But losing against the teams we should beat is unforgivable. Just have to get the refs to stop fucking us with pineapples.
  51. Alan79

Aaand another 6 again later in the count.
  52. Alan79

Thank fuck for that. Xerri is hard to stop. I want at least a 12 point buffer for the rest of the game.
  53. Alan79

Just saw the late mail. King starting, Hughes back to bench. Farmer Silly drops off it. Honestly not a massive fan of having Taaffe and Hayward on the bench with 18th man being Turpin. If we have two members of our spine taken out of commission I'm going to have Belmore searched for a Delorean.
  54. Alan79

Rumour Sexton to replace Fogarty ?

Decent halves are hard to come by. And I think Sexton is definitely a decent half. Just needs the chance to thrive IMO. So as much as I confidently believe this is just pure rumour, I'll throw out an opinion. Unless it was Sexton asking for a release, I'd not entertain the idea without being...
  55. Alan79

I have a massive backlog of memes. Been looking forward to getting these two posted.
  56. Alan79

57. Alan79

58. Alan79

59. Alan79

60. Alan79

61. Alan79

62. Alan79

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

Right now it's a troublesome time for the chooks. I'm sure they've chased players. But competition for signatures is intense right now and they're struggling to find additional quality.
  63. Alan79

64. Alan79

The "R U OK ?" Thread

He's doing incredible Kaz. His scar has almost completely healed and having the space for his stomach to go where it's meant to has freed up his lungs and heart etc to work unhindered. So he's wound back the clock and is a lot more playful again. Since he was a puppy he'd eat 1 big meal about...
  65. Alan79

Race Fixed?

If you look closely you might notice a chilly fall out of the horses ass during the race. Cruel practice, but it might explain why the winner went so hard. And I might just be making shit up for the sake of amusement. Don't be afraid to show people your tinfoil hat Rod...
  66. Alan79

Immigration debate

Fair enough. Sorry I jumped on it like that. Thought I kept it respectful. Just assumed that you were lumping issues on the current government. As for the immigration rate...
  67. Alan79

Immigration debate

Once upon a time the lotteries, electricity, Telstra etc used to generate money for public works. But the last mob sold them off for fucking peanuts. As for being tax hungry, did the latest round of tax cuts put more shekels in your pocket? As far as the housing crisis goes. It's not new...
  68. Alan79

I've never heard anyone call it their little charging light. I've simply called mine Richard or dick for short. But I just decided based on this Richard is changing his name to Lance. Because he leads the charge.
  69. Alan79

Perception By Other Fans

It's the unfortunate ten minutes periods where we get in position to score but then go for one out runs and waste the chances. For a side that's largely cobbled together it's not terrible that they haven't quite got that yet. But if we can perform under pressure at these times I think we'll be...
  70. Alan79

My expensive new sex android is great. But it kinda creeps me out that she watches me while she's charging.
  71. Alan79

I get excited every week

I'd love to belt Newcastle this week. But I'll be happy if we're never facing a scary moment. A 12 pont buffer they never get within reach of would be fine by me. There have been extenuating circumstances, but we're not adept at going on with good leads just yet. The one big lead we blew began...
  72. Alan79

73. Alan79

74. Alan79

75. Alan79

Leave Cherry Evans alone.
  76. Alan79

I get excited every week

In the lead up to the season I was salivating over our backline and edges. The form of Curran, Mann and a few others has been really pleasing. And despite the handful of close losses we should have won, we're looking like we might just exceed expectations and challenge for the finals. By this...
  77. Alan79

I'm sure she's got no tattoos. Maybe your imagining the words
  78. Alan79

79. Alan79

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

He's slipped a long way down our pecking order. But there were plenty of people excited when we signed him. And he was a pretty boring option, but overall I'd say he's going to at least be solid for them if they pick his best position. I hope he kicks on over there if he's released.
  80. Alan79

ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

Matalavea-Booth is listed at 201cm. But that was in 2022. But my main point was they're similarly shaped.
  81. Alan79

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

What did his time at the Tigpies prove?
  82. Alan79

Perception By Other Fans

I think we're turning into a worrying prospect to play against. Fir a while I think a decent number of people pitied us. If we have a couple of successive years of finals footy I think opposition fans will soon remember they don't like us.
  83. Alan79

Dad jokes

The antique windmill prefers woodwind.
  84. Alan79

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

I feel a bit sorry for Taaffe. He was playing good attacking football for us. He made some pretty nice impact on sweep plays. But for what it's worth I also think Wilson is very unlucky to be backup. I'd be a bit cautious about having Taaffe and Hayward on the bench together.
  85. Alan79

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

Seems like the loss of Luai and Chrichton would free up a bit. But maybe they're over losing playmakers and finishers while they have big money forwards on the books not doing three times as much as guys on 1/3 of the wage. They know who they have coming through and thus far their progression...
  86. Alan79

Fox

This was never going to be the year we balanced the roster. The cap increase and the flow on from the Dolphins recruiting a full roster plus reserves meant it's slim pickings. We could've crossed our fingers and hoped a rep level prop came up for grabs. But none have moved ahead of this season...
  87. Alan79

No Source Trey Mooney

Looks like a hard runner with a bit of pace if he busts the line. Also noticed he's present in support play. But like about 800-900 players people have identified as upgrades, chances of him being released would be slim. It'd probably require a lot of smooth talking from the club. But this'll...
  88. Alan79

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Averilo isn't a plodder. I think his biggest failing is that he's got a healthy dose of fear. He's a relatively small player in a sport that specialises in finding 100kg (or thereabouts) athletes for most positions. He's got the athleticism and instinct to be incredible. But the moments of...
  89. Alan79

ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

I don't think he's slightly built from the video. Might be a bit deceptive looking at him because he's not got the tapering from chest to waist. He's similar in build to Darren Britt in that he's as broad at the waist as he is through the chest but a good deal taller. I wouldn't rush him, but...
  90. Alan79

ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

Pretty good compilation and the music wasn't altogether shit either (no unintelligible rap). Looking at his build in the earliest footage. I love a prop that's almost as wide through the hips as their upper body. Just means they usually have tremendous leg drive and are hard to tackle down low...
  91. Alan79

These things all looked very exciting, but Barbie had no idea what they were used for.
  92. Alan79

Or the work experience student snuck this one through for laughs.
  93. Alan79

Harrison Edwards on the move?

Haven't seen it confirmed by the club yet. So I'll wait for an official announcement. It's rare they get one player movement right, let alone getting wind of a 3 way swap.
  94. Alan79

Fox

A good strategy is one that earns more wins than losses. I'm liking the football we're playing. We've unfortunately been just short of two wins that would've been incredibly important to us. Traditionally big powerful forward packs were the goal for every team. But with repeat sets pushing the...
  95. Alan79

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

I listened on the radio to this week's game. I'll try to find a replay tomorrow. So I didn't see this incident. I was on the dangerous throw charge from last week.
  96. Alan79

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

It wasn't a howler IMO, it was a ploy to sap our momentum. Hughes grabbed Suallii he was trying to run from his left to right side. Hughes grabbed chest to chest and simply kept the momentum from Suallii's run going as he spun to put him on his back. It looked bad, but Suallii stayed down till...
  97. Alan79

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Hmm yeah. I wasn't overly pleased losing them either. But I forget how far along we were with announcing signings at that stage. So quite likely we were only seeing the losses at that time. I won't be surprised if Alo and Avo both have decent careers. But we've made good choices. Our backline...
  98. Alan79

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

Selection headaches like we have right now are great. It's like only having a small plate at an all you can eat buffet. There's a lot to enjoy and most of it tastes good. But you can't have it all at once. It's not a headache Ciraldo will be complaining about. 1 Tracey/Taaffe 2 JAC/Skelton 3...
  99. Alan79

Burton is a half

Perhaps Ciraldo wanted to keep things simple early on with the kicking. It's not great in attacking terms, but let's us move up in defence less desperately if there's hang time. It's up to our players to outcompete their opponents on these high balls. But if we can have a reasonable number of...
  100. Alan79

News NRL investigating after vape thrown at referee Gerard Sutton after Sydney Roosters’ 22-20 win over Newcastle Knights

Bulldogs and knights have history making run of drawn games under Gerard Sutton from here on then.