Search results

1. Parra_Power

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmqUg9Z3-mI - Here are the highlights for the game. The second goal was really soft. At first I though Djourou was just in a poor position when the ball came in but he just couldn't match the strength of the Boca striker, that was kind of disappointing because...
  2. Parra_Power

Yeah... well, I think it was Watford's nets so no surprises there.:p
  3. Parra_Power

Super League 2012-2014

I'm beginning to doubt the viability of the Wildcats as well. They seem to be, like the Vikings and London Broncos were in their last stints in the Super League: on a shoe-string budget. I can see them handing in their license if they maintain their current state of finances. P.S. I know the...
  4. Parra_Power

Cocky, Arrogant or plain Passionate?

Brisbane fans are okay... I agree about the Tigers though.
  5. Parra_Power

Willie Tonga released by Cowboys

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out as the season progresses to the final. If there is sufficient cap space then hopefully Tonga will take the reigns of Reddy in the team who seems destined to leave at the end of the season.
  6. Parra_Power

Crowd Watch 2011

Apparently last night's game at Blue Tongue was sold out even though there were a few empty seats on the Grand Stand visible. I think the figure was a solid 20,059.
  7. Parra_Power

About Lockyer ...

Sharks yesterday in defence: :roflol:
  8. Parra_Power

The melbourne storm !

Yeah, remember Warriors Vs Melbourne at Olympic Park in 2008. I'll never forget that game for the rest of my life.
  9. Parra_Power

What do u all think of Billy Slater

:bump: much??? Seriously though, this is what I think of Billy Slater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMFgRejtjg
  10. Parra_Power

Wayne Bennett coached teams

Brilliant...:roflol:
  11. Parra_Power

The great Gosford No-Show of 2011 ...

Yeah, I heard it was sold out. A lot of the junior players at Central Coast couldn't use their free-passes because of the demand. I think it was also the 3rd time Blue-tongue stadium got a sold-out crowd of exactly 20,059. Something notable.
  12. Parra_Power

Manly vs Tigpies tonight

Tigers could of had another try to go with the 3. Lawrence missed assisting in a certain 4 pointer by not passing it to a free Farah about a mere 14m from the line. He either didn't see him in time or though he was well marked I guess. The resilience in the Tigers team was exemplified in the 2nd...
  13. Parra_Power

Manly vs Tigpies tonight

The odds of him not chucking a whine were pretty low...
  14. Parra_Power

ParraFail!

Star signing... I didn't know the club referred to Walker as their "star signing". Must of missed that. Algood was a better recruit than bloody Walker.
  15. Parra_Power

Get Well Fatty

:bump: much???
  16. Parra_Power

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeKmiaakzRk - To see the volley goal from Elmander. It was pretty amazing. But it was a 2nd string side Liverpool against a full-strength Galatasaray side with a bunch of new expensive players. No big deal.
  17. Parra_Power

Almost 65% of the goals were all great passes, crosses and through-balls the rest being penalties, single runs and screamer shots. This video is the full video for Goal No.90. I thought this one was especially special because he did it all himself...
  18. Parra_Power

With the amount of transfer rumours going about anything could be false or true. I mean, we've had discussions in the thread about Jaigelka, Biglia, Cahill, Mata and Samba and some are weak while other not so. I haven't heard about Benzema to be honest. He still looks happy to stay at Real...
  19. Parra_Power

EPL Name Game

New Rule: No more players end with 'N'... we've beaten that horse to death and torn up its corpse. Eboubé
  20. Parra_Power

Hello :)

Welcome to the Forum.
  21. Parra_Power

The melbourne storm !

I'm tipping the Warriors in that position.
  22. Parra_Power

Manly vs Tigpies tonight

If there wasn't anything such as stopping-the-clock, he probably drained half the game clutching his shoulder on the pitch.
  23. Parra_Power

EPL Name Game

Xisco.
  24. Parra_Power

Thanks man. I do hope its true. Any day now Fabregas will come out and say he's no longer a Gunner so have a star-studded winger like Mata will definitely fill the void created when Cesc does decide to leave.
  25. Parra_Power

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

As expected... the early goal was an accidental slip-up by the defenders not marking the nobody who scored. It happens. I was pretty impressed by Rafael's goal through the goal keeps legs. When your at that angle, the instinct always has you passing into the centre but he slotted it perfectly...
  26. Parra_Power

Is it true what it is being said about Mata??? Is he in Gunners colours yet or just early speculation???
  27. Parra_Power

Lukaku, Hazard upfront are okay, Kompany and Thomas Vermaelen at the back, and Witsel in the centre of the park but apart from that the team has no depth... the squad is severely drained in a solid line-up of talent. I guess it shows in their lack-luster Qualifying campaigns. Teams punching...
  28. Parra_Power

I'm guessing you have to have a subscription...
  29. Parra_Power

Transfers thread

Looks like Mohammed Sissoko is off to PSG after Chelsea and Stoke City were trying to land the striker. I think the fee was about $8 Million. I also just found out Leonardo was coaching them this season. Read More...
  30. Parra_Power

Transfers thread

About time Dzeko got more breathing space in the club and more game time in EPL games to prove his worth.
  31. Parra_Power

Manly vs Tigpies tonight

He's a character on the field, there no doubt about it. I enjoy his runs though but Hopoate looks better when running the ball in space.
  32. Parra_Power

He has really elevated his game since last year and showing maturity in a seemingly injury-hit Rabbits who just can't form together with the growing amount of player-turnover from their squad.
  33. Parra_Power

One of the more legible reasons they have to bring in a 2nd fully-Brisbane Team is mainly TV dollars. Queenslanders love the fact they get to see their Broncos play almost all games on free-to-air and they show that with solid TV ratings even sometimes challenging an ALL-SYDNEY game, live on...
  34. Parra_Power

Super League 2012-2014

By null and void, will they no longer contest the rest of the season (2011) or with the RFL still foot the bill...
  35. Parra_Power

Celtic Crusader's gone already

I think we can assume more will return if the Super League do decide to tighten the screws further on the composition of the squads such as lessening the amount of International players on a starting line-up. If clubs like the Crusaders fall-off (also like Widnes did a few seasons ago) then an...
  36. Parra_Power

TK Premier League Fantasy

League is up and running. Sign up now!!! :) Details here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=90207
  37. Parra_Power

I like the fact he has a strong and respected position on the field, he somewhat demands possession and has one trait I always look for in a player, awareness and lots of it. Shame he plays for Anderlecht... Belgium soccer is a waste of space.
  38. Parra_Power

I see... sorry about the misunderstanding... :) Referring to The Sun, I see. I don't think I have posted any sources from the Sun but if I quoted something from it, I do apologize. I know about what they posted after the disaster at Sheffield. It was sick, sensationalizing a disaster when so...
  39. Parra_Power

Civoniceva refutes rumours of Gould rift

Sounds like another News Ltd Nut case on the loose. I don't hate all journalists but BASED on the ones who get the top jobs in the papers, I can honestly say there are very few whose work I would read. Is there a reason why he hates Gould... Is it because he dyed his hair all these years or...
  40. Parra_Power

It was odd... about 4 days ago, I was talking up their chances of making the finals again and how well they have improved from previous obscurity and here 4 days later, there at their death rows. Strange.
  41. Parra_Power

Fantasy EPL league

Just signed in.
  42. Parra_Power

:p Seriously though, VAI, are you surprised about the News???
  43. Parra_Power

I agree and I reckon we have that in players such as Koscienly who does provide solid tackling and good marking when he's on but anyone of quality in a defensive role is welcome here. I watched this video of Biglia (no surprises that he plays for Argentina...)...
  44. Parra_Power

Relax man. This is a forum dude. I'm not bagging your team or hanging around trying to fire up any Reds fans (so I don't understand why you're fired up) and if i'm quoting ozman then so be it. If you have a problem then quote back or reply or ignore and move on, your choice...
  45. Parra_Power

:bump: We need to keep this thread up there.
  46. Parra_Power

If it means we forgo a team philosophy built around developing the best up-and-coming talent which has not worked swimmingly then I guess i'm for it. I success is something that everyone wants to be apart of. If it means loosing Nasri who seems happy to have his contract run out before he moves...
  47. Parra_Power

EPL Name Game

N'Zogbia (Wigan)
  48. Parra_Power

It will be a hard pill to swallow. We've see Fabregas go from strength to strength his entire career under a Gunners jersey and now to almost certainly see him head-off to wear another knowing how important he is to the squad itself.
  49. Parra_Power

I think Elliot was given way too much stick when it was clear his squad were fat, unmotivated and slow.
  50. Parra_Power

Aussie players fear they won't be paid by English Super League club Crusaders

Lack of depth among the ranks I suppose but its not like the English aren't trying. They now have a professional league of which only 3 teams have a realistic chance of winning and are moving in the right direction by placing more restrictions on squad's composition by enforcing more home-grown...
  51. Parra_Power

About Lockyer ...

:p They also came see, during the Lockyer years at Brisbane, a High-Scoring De Vere, A solid Webcke, an annoying but persistent Langer and of course a pre-cocaine Wendell.
  52. Parra_Power

Cocky, Arrogant or plain Passionate?

I voted B but that's based on friends I know who are Dragons fans... I've never been to Jubilee though so I can't grab an accurate opinion.
  53. Parra_Power

The melbourne storm !

Its all technique, trying to milk as much out of the clock as possible and slow the game to a pace that suits them.
  54. Parra_Power

That would put Nasri is a more commanding position in the field and he will be able to perform there. Sounds good but i'm sure we like all other fans of Arsenal will be a more pleased if Fiberglass stays.
  55. Parra_Power

EPL Name Game

Lee Nicholls (Wigan)
  56. Parra_Power

Too right!!! I honestly have don't see how splitting Brisbane up again into 2 factions is really going to benefit the League as a whole. I've heard it will apparently boost TV deals by the NRL now effectively allowing Brisbane Broncos to be shown more often on Fox Sports as the other Brisbane...
  57. Parra_Power

Additional team should come from south-east Queensland, clubs told

I know this a typo in the article but imagine: :nervous:
  58. Parra_Power

Woman found in stadium toilet

I hope not but surely someone would of noticed that she hadn't returned home.:sad:
  59. Parra_Power

Of course, it will depend on how we clean out our squad in order give adequate room for players like Tonga. Players we can actually entrust to give more than 75% a game.
  60. Parra_Power

Aussie players fear they won't be paid by English Super League club Crusaders

Nope but getting there...:p That's ****ed... to not be fully informed about the internal strife in the club and to be kept in the dark while the guys at the top continue to loose money it just ****...
  61. Parra_Power

DT: How League is losing the battle gAyFL in the West heartland

Why is this man allowed be a Journalist???
  62. Parra_Power

You sure can't but again the Broncos has Cap space to burn considering the team. I don't even know if they are playing the full 4.2 Million for their players a season but it sure seems like they have the capacity to sign on more as their players continue to develop quickly.
  63. Parra_Power

With the way the club is looking and with former players chasing up unpaid wages or unfair cuts in pay, it's looking bleak, real bleak. If I was a Crusaders fan, i'd be looking to form a new club and just play in the Conference or something and forget about the venture totally. As Pom_81 put it...
  64. Parra_Power

Why would there be a rift... who came to that conclusion??? Its obvious he just wants to move on because of personal reasons and that's it.
  65. Parra_Power

Bush fury over plot to scrap City-Country

Then the NRL will obviously have to foot the compensation for the clubs loosing revenue to go and play in front 3,000 when they could make so much more for playing in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne...
  66. Parra_Power

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3716444/Liverpool-misfit-Alberto-Aquilani-sent-on-loan-to-Fiorentina.html I'm honestly so darn dissapointed and of course its a season long loan. Since his purchase to Liverpool he has spent more time in jersey's that aren't for the Reds. Its...
  67. Parra_Power

Soccer Chelsea F.C Super Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqmDlIqFqI Gold!!!...:roflol:
  68. Parra_Power

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Nani's chip over the Goal Keeper in that game was so good.
  69. Parra_Power

Transfers thread

Looks like Riise is coming back to the Premier League...
  70. Parra_Power

Do you think Mata would be able to assume the role of an attacking midfielder after playing at the left-wing for so long??? Just a thought.
  71. Parra_Power

Paul Tomkins

You were right about this douche:
  72. Parra_Power

The Real Madrid Thread

Yeah, with the way Barcelona played this season, it \had many saying Ibrahimovic, who??? They didn't even need him in the end. It was a very dud transfer, hey lets not deny it and I would of most certainly kept Eto'o but you move like the rest of the football world and when you look at the big...
  73. Parra_Power

Balotelli's Latest Indiscretion

I actually liked Ballotelli somewhat but with this show of sportsmanship and effort, i'm going to officially renege my support for him. So promising he was. It seems too late to keep saying he'll come around because after 4 seasons of constant foolishness, he hasn't stopped. By the way, when...
  74. Parra_Power

Birmingham City in trouble

Just media speculation... The has always been safe. The owner's got legal trouble no doubt but to say this will see many players at Birmingham leave because his assets are TEMPORARILY frozen is premature.
  75. Parra_Power

Paltry defence robbed the Reds of getting something from the game... Poulsen...:shocked:
  76. Parra_Power

Yeah, it didn''t look too good... Poor bloke. It wasn't the best of games from Arsenal but the effort was there. Walcott did have some good runs in the game. Hangzhou have a lot of international players... it was so surprising.
  77. Parra_Power

Yeah, okay i'm in...
  78. Parra_Power

EPL Name Game

I'm ready to call it quits as well... wait... found one... Kyle Naughton ( Tottenham )
  79. Parra_Power

Sydney Kings reject now an LA Lakers player

Not anymore... But this is great news. One man's strive to prove just how good he is in the game of hoops and if you're given a call up by the Lakers, you know you've made it in Basketball. I guess we'll have to wait an see how he is eased into the team next season and how much game time he is...
  80. Parra_Power

The 2015 Formula One Thread

Understood.:)
  81. Parra_Power

Tour De France - Like it ?

Yeah... none of the General Classification contenders will attempt to form breaks on the final stage considering it is more of celebratory stage than a competitive one. The sprint finish at the Champs-Élysées is going to be very fun to watch. Well done to Cadel on a wonderful Tour. That man is a...
  82. Parra_Power

NRL aiming for record $1.4 billion TV deal

I'm not a fan of ads period... Hardly see the need to boil away more time from game and all were going to receive is an earful from some ass wipe from the TAB or Centrebet...
  83. Parra_Power

Crowd Watch 2011

I think the crowd at AAMI Park on last Friday Night with the Broncos and Melbourne was a ground record.
  84. Parra_Power

Crowe Takes Origin To America

Like when he went on the Letterman show for example??? I'd rather have more international viewers on board watching than not... regardless of the **** timeslot due to geographical constraints the more chance for exposure the better the value of the game is beyond its strongest shores and hey...
  85. Parra_Power

Bush fury over plot to scrap City-Country

Scrapping the game would solve a few issues and to be honest, it is a useless fixture and seeing the commentators beefing it up as a State of Origin Trial when it really is just a run-around for fringe Representative players and nothing more is testament to its lack of necessity but should the...
  86. Parra_Power

Players you hate the most?

Jamie Lyon and of course Carney...
  87. Parra_Power

The melbourne storm !

I really enjoyed watching the game even though it was delayed. The atmosphere at the ground was from my part, phenomenal. The fans have genuinely rallied behind the team since the breach came to light. I think that Friday night's crowd was their best ever at AAMI Park. Correct if i'm wrong...
  88. Parra_Power

Try of the year

I thought I heard say something after he played the ball... Mark got his comeuppance for that spray...
  89. Parra_Power

The bondi roosters jersey lol

They do look ****...:p
  90. Parra_Power

best and worst recruits of the 2011 NRL Premiership season

I have to admit, he's doing a fair bit better than I expected. I just assumed he was always going to get poor balls from the Souths halves and unable to break the line with regularity as he did with the Illegal Team of Storm.
  91. Parra_Power

Hayne's position suits Eels, for now

Hayne at full-back opens the position for Burt to slot in at No.1 and gives us more attack options. It also means Hayne gets more of the ball at better parts of the field and adds the extra bit of chance to get some all important points on the board. Its been tried before, no doubt... whether it...
  92. Parra_Power

They have an aging team so they can be looking at anyone of quality and with Abramavic's deep, deep pockets anyone could be on the cards in the Premier League. I mean eventually Terry will get on in age... Alex was bough when he was 28 so anyone under 26 or so would be a good benefit and if he...
  93. Parra_Power

England wins gay soccer world title

That's even more surprising...
  94. Parra_Power

NRL will significantly increase cash grants to its clubs

I wonder how much of the Sydney populace actually support the Sharks... wouldn't be much. Cutting the Sharks would see some benefits but hey... I never in favour of the culling of a club because of its lack of popularity... that's for another time though. Hoping to see exactly how much can the...
  95. Parra_Power

England wins gay soccer world title

Wouldn't be lining to watch that one...:p But at 35 and still playing professional rugby, that's a darn good effort. I didn't even know he was switch codes... best of luck to him in that one... Crusaders aren't known for success though they had a promising season last year and at just the right...
  96. Parra_Power

Coming off a new contract, you'd expect any club that's willing to make a serious pledge to get a player to increase their new bid... strange. I guess its in Wenger's own confident self to play cards others would normal keep folded because they don't work very often.