Search results

1. Baseball Furies

Will Warbrick

Just watched the face to face episode on Fox on Will Warbrick, seems like a real quality guy. To watch him talk through his mental health challenges was tough but so glad to see him come out the other side! Seems like a humble bloke also…
  2. Baseball Furies

Josh Jackson

Lots of fanfare for Reynolds, which I like to see but can’t help but feel for Josh Jackson, our captain and heart and soul for the club for many years and left without a whimper. A miss from me by the club.
  3. Baseball Furies

Today’s Win

One of our best in recent memory: - Injuries - Absolutely punished by disgraceful decisions and - Down 14-0 at halftime That sight of Mahoney climbing on top of Okunbor after that last try and celebrating will live on in my memory for a long-time. If Ciraldo is trying to build grit...
  4. Baseball Furies

Alamoti

Couldn’t be more impressed with this kid, always there to take the first tough carry off our line, defensive beast and only his first year in the top grade - huge future for us!
  5. Baseball Furies

Dragons COVID Breach

House party at Paul Vaughan’s house, if true they need to be hammered: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/adc6aebd-aa91-4c3e-b22b-83d8f12797b8
  6. Baseball Furies

Barrett

Needs to rip a fucking door off the wall and smash it over the head of Elliott. So many passengers/non-first graders in this team, this is a new low, even for us. The lack of game management in this team is absolutely dreadful, how in the world did we just lose that game...
  7. Baseball Furies

Bulldogs Merch at Cotton On

If this has already been posted by someone, feel free to delete, but just noticed online that Cotton On are doing NRL Merch, Bulldogs gear looks quite nice, I purchased the blue hoodie and grey track pants... https://cottonon.com/AU/women/nrl-store/nrl-store-mens/
  8. Baseball Furies

Positive From Tonight

Cotric looked strong...
  9. Baseball Furies

Katoa

This guy is coming along way better than what I thought, some real slick dummy half runs and general play and also some strong carries when he got pushed out to the forwards! I thought he did really well again... Should’ve had more minutes also, SG has inherited Pays horrendous interchange...
  10. Baseball Furies

Tuesday Treats: Jarrod McCracken

Absolute Beast Mode: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/03/31/tuesday-treats-the-best-of-jarrod-mccracken/
  11. Baseball Furies

Brett Finch

Not a good story there, has some clear Mental Health challenges, hope the bloke is ok and gets the care he needs. https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/former-nrl-star-turned-media-personality-brett-finch-enters-rehabilitation-facility/news-story/f933684265af9e9aad72d0fae40bf1b7
  12. Baseball Furies

Classic Sportswear - 50% Off

Dogs gear on sale now via Classic online. Not my favourite jerseys of ours and still expensive, but better than full retail.
  13. Baseball Furies

A “Thanks” Button

I’d love to see the introduction of a “Thanks” button, so many times people post stories or information and it seems weird to “like” the content, a “Thanks” would be more appropriate. I also think this lends itself to a more conducive forum and helps members feel aligned to each other...
  14. Baseball Furies

Timely Reminder - RUOK?

I know we all battle some demons and we give each other some shit on here but to my fellow Kennelers, be kind to yourself, talk to your mates and listen to your kids. Story is a little old but has been re-posted quite a few times around the traps this week...
  15. Baseball Furies

Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

Ok, Eels have tabled a 3 year deal apparently in the $500k region and he wants 4 years and closer to $700k. Surely we’re lookkng at him - we mightn’t be able to pay him until 2027 though...:yum: Covers multiple positions, quality output, a leader and experienced. That’s a yes from me.
  16. Baseball Furies

CHN

Really looking forward to seeing this kid start this week. I know he’s copped some heat on here from a few but I think he’s got strong footwork, bends the defence and can run a nice line. I’ve really liked his output thus far and hope he has a great game today. I think with our back row...
  17. Baseball Furies

Nu Brown

What was everyone's thoughts? I was underwhelmed, but will give him some time to see how he pans out. That drop ball is etched in my mind though...
  18. Baseball Furies

PS4 Bundle

So I know there are a bunch of gamers on here and I'm looking to purchase a PS4 for my little guy (and Dad of course), Target have a bundle going at the moment for PS4 1TB, 1 x Controller and Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $299. This is way, way cheaper than any others I've seen.... Am I reading...
  19. Baseball Furies

Chris Cornell - R.I.P

Very sad news. Soundgarden were a huge part of the 90's grunge scene and I've been fortunate enough to see them twice, add to that his Audioslave career and his work on the Temple of the Dog album was fucking first rate. What a bummer.
  20. Baseball Furies

2017 Squad and Contracts

Does anyone have a list of lengths of contracts of our squad? For 2017, there will be no Browne, Rona, Perrett, Williams, O'Hanlon, Chisholm and likely Stanley and we have added Cleeland, Lee and Woolford. If we are letting these guys go and not signing anyone of note, we must have a fair...
  21. Baseball Furies

Brett Morris Appreciation Thread

I think I underestimated both how good he was/is and the impact he has on the rest of the team. Just seeing him alongside Josh Morris just instils me with a huge amount of confidence in both attack/defence. His ability to put himself in the right position is amazing and a relative of mine who's...
  22. Baseball Furies

Euro 2016 Official Thread

2nd time lucky as earlier thread "accidentally" deleted :p Group A Albania France Romania Switzerland Group B England Russia Slovakia Wales Group C Germany Northern Ireland Poland Ukraine Group D Croatia Czech Republic Spain Turkey Group E Belgium Italy Republic of Ireland Sweden Group F...
  23. Baseball Furies

Corey Payne - New Panthers CEO

http://www.nrl.com/education-key-for-new-panthers-ceo-payne/tabid/10874/newsid/94891/default.aspx For some reason I missed this and apologies if posted elsewhere. We fucked up here, guy is a gun with serious business acumen. Hopefully he finds his way back to us somehow/sometime. Feel free...
  24. Baseball Furies

Gazza suffers a relapse

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7028633/Shocking-pictures-of-bloodied-Gazza-spark-new-fears-for-tragic-England-ace.html Pretty tragic, the bloke clearly has some major challenges ahead, hard to see it not ending very badly unfortunately. Wonderful player, one hell of a lad (Warney...
  25. Baseball Furies

David Bowie - R.I.P

Shocked and saddened by this, he looked good in some recent snaps I had seen of him...
  26. Baseball Furies

Jonah Lomu

R.I.P Guy was an absolute machine, sad news.
  27. Baseball Furies

Henry Rollins: Fu*k Suicide

http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/08/21/henry-rollins-****-suicide Not sure if anyone caught this or not but Henry Rollins did a piece talking about Robin Williams's recent suicide. I'm a Rollins fan having seen him play and been to one of his "spoken word" shows but I think he...
  28. Baseball Furies

Josh Reynolds - I hope you're doing ok

I know there is a lot of hate on him at present and some justifiably so, but I hope the kid is doing ok. He was obviously very emotional afterward and will have a lengthy time to contemplate his actions, of which, I hope he has some support to keep his head in the right place. He is a very...
  29. Baseball Furies

The Tim Lafai Appreciation Thread

Cannot believe how this guy is developing. Has been a bit-part player without truly establishing himself, but now he is nearly unstoppable on that right edge! Always seems to break tackles and is a rock in defence. He seems very proud and passionate to be a Bulldog and the "in your face" he...
  30. Baseball Furies

Some positives

I think it's easy to judge/criticise our team and generally lay the boot in to every player, coach, waterboy and strapper when our team is not playing well - unfortunately it's a strong trait of many who post on this "supporter's" forum. I'd like to focus on some of the positives that I've...
  31. Baseball Furies

Andrew Johns

Can anyone tell me how much time he "allegedly" spends with our halves? Honestly it must be a 30 second conference call each week as some of our kicking options/plays in general from our halves continues to boggle my mind. This is a serious question though, does anyone know?
  32. Baseball Furies

The CEO

What does everyone think about the job Noad has done? I think initially he was good for the club post Coffs Harbour but since then I'm not sure about the guy? For someone who has been working in and around the media for a very long time he really comes across as smug and arrogant when he's...
  33. Baseball Furies

Possible Mason swap with Rorter player/s?

Fox Sports News carrying a "story" that there may be a swap deal with Mason and a Rorter player/s to make a deal happen? Not sure who i'd take from their roster - Tupou?
  34. Baseball Furies

Ngawini

Article in today's Gold Coast Bulletin about him being a super-signing for the Titans and a "you read it here first style tip". A lot of people on here will be hoping he doesn't do well, as there was a big push from here to have him in first grade last year.
  35. Baseball Furies

Just once

I'd like to see Folkes blow up and throw one of his water bottles, I'd just like to see him show the pain that I'm feeling. Just once.
  36. Baseball Furies

Next year

Speed, Speed, Speed, Speed, Speed needed and some decent halves.
  37. Baseball Furies

Ben "Phantom" Roberts

Let me start off by saying I'm a Holdsworth fan, I also rate Roberts but wanted to see Holdsworth starting at 5/8 and Roberts on the bench (in place of Perry). Roberts over the last few weeks has been on the team sheet but i'm not sure if he's been on the field - surely he's getting close to...
  38. Baseball Furies

JT re-signs for 5 years

So pumped, THE best defender in world football!! Not that it was ever in doubt but...... Chelsea captain John Terry has signed a new five-year contract with the Premier League club. The England skipper put pen to paper today to end months of speculation over his future...
  39. Baseball Furies

Esi Tonga

I was at the Bulldogs training sesh on Thursday and I asked Willie T about his brother signing with the Titans and he laughed and said "i know, he's a had a shocker, I'll have to give him a flogging" he was pretty funny and hopefully this means we can count the Titans out for Willie if he does...
  40. Baseball Furies

Frustrated

Is it possible we support the most frustrating team in the competition?? Drop balls, missed tackles, dumb penalties etc etc. this is all i've seen this year, what is going on?? Mason, SBW, Sherwin all tried hard and Winitana I thought went well for his first game - the rest struggled...
  41. Baseball Furies

Justin Tsolous

I've heard a strong "rumour" that we are after him - what does everyone think? Personally I reckon he'd be a great signing, he's a very skillfull frontrower who's had some problems with injury i know, but I would take him in a heartbeat.
  42. Baseball Furies

Next weeks team

Each week I talk to a few mates after our games and we put together some alternatives to players that we think were average on the day/night and possible replacements. After being at the game last night and running the rule over all of the guys, we all said - there really isn't much...
  43. Baseball Furies

Bulldogs Jerseys

For those that don't have a current/ish jersey, the Nike factory at Harbour Town on the Gold Coast is selling last years home jersey and the Berries jersey for $50. They're also selling kids home jerseys for $30. All of the jerseys are fully sponsored and obviously authentic. There were...
  44. Baseball Furies

The New Guy

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum so thought i'd steal a couple of minutes of your time and say hello. I'm a massive doggies supporter and have been all my life, grew up in downtown Newcastle but now live on the sunny Gold Coast. Interests : Music, Surfing and Sport Hope to chat...