Search results

1. Book

Social Media Luke Thompson

Why is your username 'Straight18' when you're clearly a giant fgt?
  2. Book

Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Nah, Burton today. KK tomorrow.
  3. Book

What's with people wearing cheap jewellry / watches? Help me understand

Only losers care about jewellery. So whether you're laughing at someone for wearing a fake chain or you're the one wearing one, either way you're a loser for caring. HTH
  4. Book

News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Nope, your spelling is still terrible and below the level of an average 12-year old.
  5. Book

You haven't even made 1 good point, so 1000 is a bit of an overestimate. But if that is the case, surely you can do us all a favour and stop posting from now onwards? Cheers x
  6. Book

You keep going on about Foran lovers etc but don't actually directly address any of the points made and instead just fall back on a 46 sec interview from Mick Ennis and some warped idea that there are loads of good halves on the market and plenty waiting for their FG shot at the Dogs.
  7. Book

Again, it depends on the circumstances. Some might have short memories, but you straight up just don't respond to posts where you get shown to be taking a simplistic view. Seems we got flops running the club and a flop here as part of the team running the forum.
  8. Book

Which is a good reason to look at keeping Foz around on the right coin. It's not like we have a gang of young star halves bashing down the proverbial door to get a look-in. If an elite 7 was available, then I'd be ecstatic to let Foz go. Same as if we had someone in the lower grades. Both...
  9. Book

Imagine thinking there are only 2 simplistic points of view, like you seem to imply. Ennis is right, and it also wouldn't be so bad to keep Foran around either in the right circumstances. Not a mutually exclusive or 'one-or-the-other' situation. Plenty of factors come into this in the actual...
  10. Book

Is there any such thing as love?

Most of them aren't that hot anymore.
  11. Book

Kevin Moore

You forgot to mention Paki Afu.
  12. Book

WWOS MOLE John asiata

Check out the footy brain on this bloke.
  13. Book

Future Bulldogs

Thanks, it was very interesting reading about subscription options for the Telegraph.
  14. Book

I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Not sure where I said give him 5 years. Can you please show me where this was said? I'm "off my head" yet here's a bloke who thinks we should pay Maloney 800K, who thinks listing every Dogs half for the last 40 years is the same as listing quality halves that the Dogs have signed from other...
  15. Book

Ok, name at least 5 halves out there who we can get for 2021 season, who will either be a full-tume starter with comparable quality to Foran or who will have the potential to be a half here for 5+years. If there are heaps, you can name me at least 5 and give reasons and evidence why. Maloney is...
  16. Book

Y You basically just re-posted your first post. What makes you think this means any of us wouldn't sign a good half if there was one out there. And when have the Dogs ever attracted a decent half? We will sit and hope but right now there aren't any on the market. So maybe come back to the real...
  17. Book

Official Wakeham and Faitala-Mariner commit to the Bulldogs for a further two years

Honestly can't see anything in Wakeham that makes me want to see us invest more time into him.
  18. Book

Replacements for CHN ?

How many of them are good at the game though?
  19. Book

Replacements for CHN ?

Exact thought when I saw his name pop up in here. Looks the goods physically but he is soft as hell. Not sure if he's run a hard line since his debut season and I think he probably surprised a few people in that first year, hence the breakout season and nothing since.
  20. Book

Club statement on CHN release

Yeah, it's good to get rid of players who don't want to be here. So I agree in that sense. Problem is a lot of the contribution to that is a) him fking a high-schooler on club duty and representing the NRL which almost fucked us financially with sponsorship and b) the fact that the NRL...
  21. Book

Club statement on CHN release

I didn't realise the NRL's own body overturned the appeals. I was under the impression it was a specific and separate court, like in the case of Man City/UEFA. It just makes this situation even more of a joke considering the reason it's now better for both parties is because the same NRL...
  22. Book

Trent Barrett A Mad Bulldogs Fan Growing Up

Let's hope Barrett's childhood love for the Dogs will help him to return us to being the Dogs of War. We should see if Paki Afu is still running about, would be good depth and has a love for the club from his junior days.
  23. Book

If SBW comes back to the Roosters he's a flog

It seems strange that you would feel that way about him going to the Chooks right now, and not because of what happened in 2008 followed by returning and winning a premiership in 2013. 2008 is exactly why we shouldn't bother now or ever again. It's not like SBW will move the needle and we...
  24. Book

MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Yeah, thats what sucks most is that now it's 2-0 Volko, a trilogy will seem weird. Probably means a few more in-between fights for both before a third matchup, if that ever happens.
  25. Book

News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

Tough situation. Of course us as footy fans may not see it from this angle, but doing that sort of thing and especially on official duty with the club is pretty damning in terms of corporate sponsorship etc in this current environment. I'm not sure about de-registration, but at the same time...
  26. Book

Cheers for the massive serving of dumb logic. Foran is still a quality player despite the injury problems. He's won a premiership and has the right attitude for the game when he does get on the field. Exactly the type of example that is worth having around on the cheap. Experience and quality...
  27. Book

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Not sure about his potential as a fullback, but 650K/year doesn't sound so bad for a fullback. Otherwise 650 is at the top of the market for a centre and too much for a winger when we suck through the spine.
  28. Book

MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Having watched both fights live at the time, I thought Max lost the first fight quite comprehensively. But the second fight, it felt like Max won. He definitely had rounds 1 and 2, 3 and 5 were close but I also felt like Volko shot the TD's quite a bit late on because he hadn't had much success...
  29. Book

Oliver Gildart

Yep, I never feel good seeing big money spent on wingers and centres. Especially when you are a club like us who fail time and time again to build a decent spine. We haven't had a fullback for years, no hooker, Foran could have been our big money half but obviously that hasn't worked out. I'm...
  30. Book

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Cotric and Barrett today. KK tomorrow.
  31. Book

Opinion SBW 1year to bring back the faith and mentor our juniors

The poll needs a straight 'no' option. We just need to move on, especially now ffs.
  32. Book

I'd be fine with keeping him around on a cheap deal next season and maybe 2 more as he is only just gone 30. Can't help but admire his game despite all the setbacks, whether by injury or otherwise. But any new deal probably needs to be with the premise that we are developing future...
  33. Book

Sam Burgess neck injury

It wasn't just a tweet though, it was a tweet detailing results of the scans and the condition of his neck/spine after the incident. You just trivialized something to push your underlying point, sound familiar?
  34. Book

Sam Burgess neck injury

I don't really think it has been played up any more than any other serious neck injury. At the time, they had no idea if it was career-ending or not, and many of us are happy to hear that it appears there is no serious damage. And Burgess is also one of the most reputable players in the game, so...
  35. Book

NRL FINALS WEEK 1 - Dogs vs Dragons Team List and Game Thread

I am so sick of our props taking a hit up on 4th tackle 10 metres from the line. So ridiculous.
  36. Book

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

You do realise that Madrid have no backup or replacement for Benzema, so why would they even sell him? Seems silly to get mad when looking at it logically will tell you that it's really out of our control as to whether Real would let him go anyway.
  37. Book

lol at Mourinho. He's had 10 years of unlimited transfer budgets and the ability to stockpile world class players. No excuses really.
  38. Book

Benzema was shown to be in Shanghai with the rest of the Real squad. Also, the picture of Reus' agent at Heathrow was from the start of the year. Llorente is an interesting player, he sort of got frozen out at Juve, after looking great at Bilbao.
  39. Book

Adam Goodes saga - whats your opinion?

It is important to understand the difference between a challenge and simply being disrespectful. Come to NZ and try find a person that had a problem with France walking up to the haka in the 2011 Rugby World Cup final, you simply won't, in fact, you'll find most NZers loved the challenge and...
  40. Book

Adam Goodes saga - whats your opinion?

Using the term 'pretend spear' just shows you are trying to trivialise something which is important to another culture. You probably don't even realise that you are being disrespectful, such is the way of many non-indigenous people.
  41. Book

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Sanchez and Ozil are 2 players, bought in different seasons as well, and the most paid between them was 42m for Ozil. Cazorla cost about 15m by the way, that's less than or around even with the amounts United paid for Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Rooney, Ashley Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Luke Shaw...
  42. Book

Mick Fanning

It didn't look like he punched or intentionally made contact with the shark from the footage. Good on him for going with it though, makes a cool story.
  43. Book

NRL vs GayFL

I'm not sure why people persist with telling us how much they don't like AFL as a sport.
  44. Book

9 Reasons why the Bulldogs will win the comp!

Reasons why we won't: 1. we aren't that good
  45. Book

Gerard Sutton is the most corrupt ref I've ever seen

NSW were terrible and deserved to lose, but Sutton definitely made a number of pretty poor calls. His ruck penalties were inconsistent and seemingly called on a whim, and it did help Queensland establish momentum.
  46. Book

Gay Marriage

Christmas and Easter are holidays in many non-christian countries e.g. New Zealand and a number of Scandinavian countries. Australia is not a christian state, there is no state religion. It says this in the constitution. The constitution outlaws imposed religious observance. How is this not an...
  47. Book

Gay Marriage

No, Australia doesn't have a state religion. This is specified in the constitution: While many Australians may identify with being Christian, it doesn't mean the state itself is Christian. This is an important difference.
  48. Book

Gay Marriage

The problem with any religious reasoning is that not all people follow the same religion or any religion at all, so it is grossly unfair to impose the rules of a religion on someone who is not a follower.
  49. Book

Hodko Signs Three Year Deal With Newcastle

Think he might go alright there playing alongside Mullen. All the best.
  50. Book

Brenko Lee

Trolling is not meant to be obvious, generally, that is kinda the whole point of it. If you just go and say 'hur dur I am trolling you' while trying to troll someone, then it's not very effective is it?
  51. Book

Is Tony Williams done with the dogs?

Imagine if, one day, he just decided to run onto the ball on an angle.
  52. Book

Gay Marriage

Hi Tonee, just a quick question regarding the banning. You stated that "Abusive language towards another forum member is not required on this forum." However, in the Chan/Sukamryan thread you were happy to partake in personal abuse and there was also editing of regular members posts by...
  53. Book

Gay Marriage

lol at getting mad because someone called you a name on the internet. Are you 12? I called you that because it was relevant to the thread topic and your stupid comments about the pictures. While there may have been no previous name-calling, your original post was equally as bad as name-calling...
  54. Book

Gay Marriage

You actually asked for people to stop posting pictures of guys kissing. This thread is related to men kissing, the title makes that quite clear. And this is a forum, with many different contributors. Basically what you are saying is people should only post what you like to see posted. It's...
  55. Book

Gay Marriage

Even in a 27 page thread specifically relating to gay people, you still managed to be the biggest faggot in here. Congrats.
  56. Book

Got kicked out of pub last night

It's not only completely impractical to use breathalysers, it's also stupid and really ruins the environment of a bar/nightclub. Can you imagine the mood of a place that uses breathalysers on anywhere from 20-40 people a night? It is hard to tell when people are drunk and often if they show...
  57. Book

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

All great qualities for a role player with minimal skill. It's good to have someone like that in any great team.
  58. Book

Candyman - Tobacco boss sets up Playboy-style mansion and throws decadent parties

Seems insecure as ****. I really don't have any respect for people who flaunt riches but didn't actually make them themselves.
  59. Book

Fifa Draft Game

You're not a manc because you aren't from Manchester and don't live there. Like most United fans actually lol
  60. Book

DCE Back flip

If the contracts are lodged with the NRL, then I assume the contracts themselves would contain a clause ensuring that this doesn't happen.
  61. Book

It doesn't actually depend on Valenica though, like you implied. It's an issue of finding the most cost-effective method of making the payment and transfer. Buying out the contract is normal protocol with release clause cases.
  62. Book

If the clause is met, the bid is automatically accepted by the club because that is what the clause does. Why have a release clause that has to be accpeted by the club anyway? That would simply amount to a bid.
  63. Book

That's not a conflict of interest. That term really doesn't apply to the girlfriend of a sports player liking a team that her boyfriend does not play for lol
  64. Book

DCE Back flip

Really annoys me actually. I was quite interested to see how the Titans went with him there. Also have to bear in mind that the Titans let Sezer go to Canberra with DCE having already signed.
  65. Book

Nba draft game?

My team is the Trevor BOOKers And my pick is Steph Curry
  66. Book

ESL still have fights - and damn good ones!!!

People acting like before the no punching rule there were brawls every week lol. Get real. G Stewart v Adam Blair was one of the biggest in the last 10 years and that was a bunch of crappy haymakers and players jumping on each other. I'd rather they stopped the WWE crap on the ground than...
  67. Book

Do you watch many games? Because your opinion is very much the opposite of what most have been saying. Ozil isn't really a Sanchez type all-action player, he's a lot more subtle with his play, which often makes him go unnoticed. I wish he'd up his work rate a bit though, and work on his finishing.
  68. Book

LOL typical response, pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. "We're allowed to spend because we always had the money". There's really no difference between United doing it and City and Chelsea doing it, like I said, United set the benchmark for big spending in the English game well before...
  69. Book

Official Queensland Maroon lineup

The only place Queensland look considerably better is in the halves. What is an advantage to them is their consistent system and playing group. There will be no gelling issues or rustiness because they've all been there so many times.
  70. Book

In b4 Man United fans act like City and Chelsea are big evil money spenders and poor old United have lived in poverty for the last 30 years despite making massive moves before they became commonplace (Rooney, Veron, Ferdinand).
  71. Book

ESL still have fights - and damn good ones!!!

Jack Wighton punched Sosaia Feki in Round 1. Was pretty similar to this. Guess the NRL still has fights too.
  72. Book

Return of the Pea

I guess this solves the mystery.
  73. Book

Round 11 Dogs vs Raiders - NRL Team and Discussion Thread

Interested to see how Mbye and Reynolds go in the halves together.
  74. Book

Cam Smith kicks Luke in the head

It's been a great year for Isaac Luke, knocked out on Easter and now kicked in the face. Can't say I have any sympathy at all.
  75. Book

One of the worst chokes I've seen in a while. They should've stamped this dead average Houston side out after the 3rd quarter.
  76. Book

Clippers on the verge of a monumental choke job.
  77. Book

I'm picking the ATL-Wizards series to go to 7, Wiz have enough to get it done on home court tomorrow and I think ATL will win game 7 at home as the historical odds are severely stacked in their favour. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Washington won game 7 in Atlanta. I think Golden...
  78. Book

What Happened To "Real Men"???

Pretty much in agreement with a majority of this.
  79. Book

You'd be surprised how well guys that just make an effort do though. I know plenty of guys who are mostly average in almost all areas that get heaps of tail because they make the effort. Girls are just as insecure as guys (if not more).
  80. Book

Observe. The other end of the spectrum, where men think women like men who are hairy, fat and don't give a crap.
  81. Book

Nate Myles signs three-year deal with Manly Sea Eagles from 2016

Pretty sure he also made his origin debut when he was still at the dogs too.
  82. Book

Storm game at Belmore June 29th

Cheers, for some reason that page didn't come up when I was on the ticketek site before making this thread haha
  83. Book

Storm game at Belmore June 29th

Does anyone know when tickets become available for this? Also where is a good area in the stadium to buy them for?
  84. Book

Adam Reynolds out for another 6 weeks

Personally speaking, it's not a lack of respect, just a response to a needless statement by the media and your coach. I don't like to get into the baseless sledging of opposition fans, but I will say that I felt McGuire's comment was needless and seemingly an exaggeration. If he hadn't have said...
  85. Book

The world is different now, so anyone expecting people to behave like their grandparents did is wishful thinking. A lot of things are more acceptable these days. I'm not keen on the whole men's lingerie thing, but there is certainly nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and wanting to look...
  86. Book

Adam Reynolds out for another 6 weeks

It was actually the fact that McGuire (and the media) exaggerated the extent of the injury without proper examination.
  87. Book

Rabbitohs hooker Issac Luke set to sign with Warriors

lol at get over it and move on. Anyone who tries to deliberately break their cousins (or anybodys) ankle in a game is a piece of shit that deserves repeated criticism.
  88. Book

Wouldn't really make a significant difference at the moment anyway. :D
  89. Book

Bulldogs skipper frustrated with Reynolds

I think Tolman means they know he will bring the same aggressive/exuberant attitude, rather than them knowing what sort of plays he will make.
  90. Book

nonu 4 utai ?

The rumour is 8 years old lol
  91. Book

The only thing I like about this is that it's a big name Kiwi going to play back home. Can't stand Luke.
  92. Book

The Consolidated Boxing Thread

For those who think Manny should have won, do you mind saying why? I personally think Mayweather won, but a lot of people seem to think otherwise, I'm just interested to hear why people think this.
  93. Book

Josh Reynolds: I’m No Classy Player But I Do The Jobs No One Wants To Do

Quick question, why did everybody get so irked by this interview? Like Shanked said, he was asked a question and he just answered it. I didn't think there was anything particularly sinister about his answer. The Reynolds hate has gone too far if this is the reaction people are having to this...
  94. Book

Andrew chan Myuran sukumaran

Careful, I look like SBW.. and I benchpress real good.
  95. Book

It's actually more likely because I have the word 'moderater' under my username, much like all of the moderators on this forum except that mine is spelt with an 'e' instead of an 'o'.
  96. Book

We don't have centrelink in NZ...
  97. Book

Rank our top 8 Props in order from best to worst

He still has that tendency to look for a silly pass or to carry the ball too loosely. Those are the things that he needs to get rid of from his game, I'm hoping it comes with more experience.
  98. Book

Do you guys know how handsome I am?? This morning my car wouldn't start so I lifted it up with one hand, and was having my protein shake in the other hand and walked all the way down to centrelink... It was intense.
  99. Book

I look like SBW bucko