Search results

1. MichaelM

Opinion Blake Taffee

Things are sorting themselves out - guys have worked extremely hard to earn their spots. It is lunacy to chop and change teams around as they build combinations, not to mention the effect on morale/player confidence. Taafe will need to be a lot better to hold his spot as we move through the...
  2. MichaelM

NRL analysis: How the Bulldogs are using Kikau

One thing for sure is that smaller guys that defend on the edge need to be very strong defende and have a great understanding with their back row defensive partner. Also, there have been a number of tackles Hutch has made within our 10m zone that a smaller body would have been struggling to...
  3. MichaelM

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I wonder what Crichton thinks about the May boys? They have a Penrith and Samoan connection! Ciraldo also has a connection, so maybe this is not entirely a Gus call.
  4. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Hands up everyone who actually believes they know more than Gus or Ciro! Hands up if you think you can better manage our cap or are a superior negotiator of player contracts! it’s one thing to have an opinion but completely something else to portray yourself as having more expertise than the...
  5. MichaelM

News George Burgess Charged

Those boys are consistent - based on the amount of sordid info that they have allegedly committed; can you imagine what they actually get up to! and forget the reference to St George - they are Rabbitohs, through and through!
  6. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

I'm a fair bit older than you (not that being older makes a person any smarter) - I notice we both joined this forum in Nov 2006, so I respect where you are coming from and have no doubt it is from a good place. For what is worth last year was the worst I can recall in 50 years when it comes to...
  7. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

The Dolphins were a very experienced football team compared to us, with 100s of more NRL games (not to mention an infinitely more experienced coach) - we actually started the year pretty well until our team was ravaged by injuries. Being Berries (and the history that goes with that name) I am...
  8. MichaelM

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Gritty effort - great defensive effort to be only down 3 tries to 2 before the pushed pass that led to the Simmonson try. Momentum /possession determines scoring - our handling / control was poor, however there were positives to take out of this game. The toll of making so many extra tackles...
  9. MichaelM

News Something had to change’: Dogs’ 3-year, 30-player overhaul and why it’s time to deliver

Good call on Kikau dj- if he does get motm it will hopefully be as a result of skillfully shifting the ball to the edge. We have some world class players in our team - once we start using them properly, we will be a force.
  10. MichaelM

News Bulldogs re-sign in-demand forward on three-year deal(Max King)

Jack Underhill is also a front rower with plenty of potential- injury effected him last year, I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do this season.
  11. MichaelM

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

We showed our hand when we tried to sign Taukeiaho - an experienced front rower for 1 year to add some depth and experience. Probably cost us around $300k - great $’s for Tetavano before he starts his post football career and less than an average salary for us.
  12. MichaelM

News Trial Takeaways: Problems abound for Dogs after Sharks loss (Roar)

It would read perfectly for those with an agenda, although for some it’s more a case of delusion. How about these facts 1. It was a trial 2. both teams were fielding their strongest team available in the first half. 3. At half time the score was 6 all. 4. our ball control was poor, which led to...
  13. MichaelM

Ringers Western joins the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Looks good to me! Lookbook: Broken Hearts Club (ringerswestern.com)
  14. MichaelM

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

The answer is no, of course he is not disinterested. Maybe a little down of confidence and form, however, now that the opposition game plan won't be totally focussed on shutting down one player, he may have a little more space to operate. Once the confidence comes back, so will his form.
  15. MichaelM

Jersey Flegg Trial Team

Just read through the Flegg trial team and we continue to build our depth with a number of great additions, Cassius Tia from the Roosters and NSW U19 front rower Larry Muagututia from the Eels. The forward depth is exceptional and size will not be an issue! Flegg and Cup Trial Information |...
  16. MichaelM

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

The dress rehearsal for round 1 didn’t go as well as expected however we will be ready for the Eels- I know it’s hard after years of sub standard results however this year will be a lot better than last.
  17. MichaelM

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Firstly, not a fan of the new rules. Encouraging signs tonight from the boys - Cronulla are a well drilled team and have been together for years. I can see plenty of upside in the coming weeks. We can expect improved ball control and combinations to greatly improve as players become more...
  18. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

We will ambush the Eels, they won’t know what hit them. I’m also tipping it will be the beginning of the end for Arthur
  19. MichaelM

News New Dogs trait great ‘couldn’t believe’

Sure we will lose a few good players along the way however our halves academy will have young talent lining up for the opportunity to take their game to NRL level we already have close to 10 prodigious players in that system -letting a player like Jonah Glover go shows only the best will get...
  20. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Twin just block him - think of it as flushing it or like turning off the oxygen. The sooner everyone does this the sooner these pests will move on.
  21. MichaelM

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Exciting times - adding some belief to the their talent. These boys will understand what a winning culture is and if (when) we keep them together over the next few years they will be ready to take on the best. This is a far cry from our previous crop of juniors who have been getting there asses...
  22. MichaelM

News The Mole: Seven new Bulldogs tipped to make team after Phil Gould axes 'dead wood'

Not a bad looking 17 Curran to lock, Mann to the bench and Hughes to start in the front row We need to get 2 front rowers on the bench so players like Poassa, Patolo, Kinght and Kautoga will be in the mix for 2 bench spots. We also have better depth, particularly in the backs, so hopefully...
  23. MichaelM

News Coaches Under Pressure-CAMERON CIRALDO - Bulldogs

This story is simply a novice attempt to create pressure. No one with any credibility is saying that - unfortunately Rugby League only attracts morons for journalists. They are the ones that should be under pressure for their complete lack of ability to write a decent story.
  24. MichaelM

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

No LachlanVale or Josh Kalati - does anyone know if they are still with the club? Also, Reuben Moyle is an interesting one - he obviously has developed nicely.
  25. MichaelM

News Liam Knight

To funny - being connoisseurs of the fairer sex maybe everyone that is critical should post a current photo of their missus.
  26. MichaelM

News Player who walked out

We may as well have played with an NRL squad of 20 last year between injuries and players underperforming. imagine Preston in a decent side - he would have made origin and I wouldn’t be surprised if this year he did!
  27. MichaelM

Do you expect much improvement in our defense?

Bloody oath I do - last year was atrocious. I still have nightmares about that game against Newcastle.
  28. MichaelM

Rabbitohs mishandling of Campbell Graham

It’s Souths - in my best South African accent “they have diplomatic immunity”
  29. MichaelM

reynolds carrigan fight

Has anyone on here ever been in a team where there hasn’t been a late night scuffle between team mates after a few too many? I suppose it is news worthy for a bit of a sticky beak but honestly who cares. One night at the leagues club Lamb was being a serial pest and Peter Kelly picked him up...
  30. MichaelM

News Player who walked out

Another year another twisted tale from the alcoholic As many have said the truth is out there - unfortunately that will never get in the way of an anti-Canterbury story for that inept ‘reporter’
  31. MichaelM

Liverpool stadium

I really wouldn't consider Liverpool a 'relocation', however the Central Coast is big call - would you also support the name of the team changing? Hard to imagine a team called Canterbury playing out of the Central Coast!
  32. MichaelM

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Technically no rorting is required - they just need motivated 3rd party sponsors, and that is where uncle nick comes in, delivering them through his billionaire network.
  33. MichaelM

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

It may be that his former manager did not meet the Roosters requirements to meet their special accounting standards! Does anyone know who he has moved to??
  34. MichaelM

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Unfortunately we will be caught up in a bidding war especially if we are chasing players from either Souths or the Roosters, both of which stacked with players on huge contracts with no apparent cap restrictions. I have always thought a good measure is to try and attempt to rank a clubs top ten...
  35. MichaelM

Great to see big mobile forwards that can dominate their opponents - Seve looking the goods - if those brothers have their heads screwed on, they both look like having the potential to be NRL players. It's actually incredible how many guys across our junior teams look the goods - this is a far...
  36. MichaelM

It’s actually disgraceful - so much for growing the game and the cost of living crisis etc. This on the back of reaping money from trial games The people running our game are a joke - can you imagine the waste that occurs!
  37. MichaelM

What have you heard? Is there a reason you think he can’t do the job?
  38. MichaelM

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Always good to see all the different opinions when a prospective signing is being discussed, although I have blocked so many these days it does seem a little disjointed. My view is there is always a risk signing a player coming of injury, however plenty of guys have played their best football...
  39. MichaelM

Official RFM granted immediate release

Bulldogs lined this up perfectly with the new season of Survivor - Ray, the tribe has spoken!
  40. MichaelM

Dragons to Axe Volkman

St George (minus Illawarra) are pretty much a non entity. The demise of this once great club has been completely washed over by the NRL because their brand The Dragons, the mighty red V is considered sacrosanct. They have brought Sele back to the club as their token junior, their administration...
  41. MichaelM

Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

He will end up signing with the Broncos for a bullshit amount like 250k and then the NRL will nail us on the cap for the difference!!
  42. MichaelM

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

It is no coincidence that King, Patolo, Knight, Hughes and Montgomery are all unsigned for 2025. Add to that the rumour that Sutton was being shopped around (it is arguable he is even a front rower) Whilst I expect we will see an announcement on King soon, the other big boys will be fighting...
  43. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Morrin may be only around 95kg however he is made of granite and has plenty of old school Bulldog mongrel. Folksie would have loved him!
  44. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Picking up a middle forward from Canberra wouldn’t surprise - they are stacked with front rowers and locks. From a swap perspective they are very light on in the halves and unless they are going to turn one of their many wingers into a centre they are also a little thin in that area. I...
  45. MichaelM

Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

I’m certainly no expert however I have been watching /attending our games across all grades from Harold Matt’s upwards for close to 50 years and I can confidently say we have never had as much talent, 21 yo and younger, than we currently have! The challenge now is to help these boys reach their...
  46. MichaelM

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

This week they extended Whyte as well so May could be the odd man out! The 26 players currently listed in their 2024 squad would be worth at least 12m on the open market - it really is beyond a joke with no legitimate explanation.
  47. MichaelM

Board re-elected unopposed

Honestly, when it comes to reporting on rugby league it's the good bad and ugly with plenty of added bullshit. Of course, NRL results are the ultimate measure of success, however, Gould is not Houdini and winning the Club Championship last season is a pretty good start in our journey to...
  48. MichaelM

BULLDOG SITE. INJURY WARD. PLAYER PROFILES.

Old Whitey, I wholeheartedly agree with you - all these things should be easy, and I'd like to believe there are many other like-minded supporters out there that want the same. I want to see every game every week - I hope to still be as passionate as you are when I'm 85 - you are an inspiration...
  49. MichaelM

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

I live in the Shark territory and the pub talk is that Moylan and Tracey have freed up $1m to throw at AFB - they are a delusional bunch down here!! Also, apparently, we paid Tracey 500k per season!! I just shake my head - shit I hope we beat them this season!!
  50. MichaelM

News NSW Cup 2024 Bulldogs

It’s tough for these guys, however it won’t be easier anywhere else. If they’re good enough for NRL they can make it here and hopefully we now have the systems in place to help our boys reach their potential.
  51. MichaelM

News NSW Cup 2024 Bulldogs

Agree - my guess is a 3 year 1million dollar deal
  52. MichaelM

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

Whichever way we go we are going to have pace to burn and plenty of guys who know how to turn up in the right places on the park. and if we get injuries (which are inevitable) we have the versatility to deal with them during a game and the depth to fill those positions longer term with capable...
  53. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Michael has plenty of potential, however he will have serious competition from young guns Dykes, Stonestreet and Iro. Taukamo is also extremely talented. In addition, the Sharks have established outside back in Ramian, Mulitano, Katoa and Talakai plus Hiroti is also in there vying for a start...
  54. MichaelM

News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

I wouldn't like to see Fox leave unless it is part of a swap deal for a decent front rower - which side would benefit from signing Fox the most? Most sides have at least 2 gun wingers already! Are there any exceptions and could they afford / have sufficient depth to release a front rower...
  55. MichaelM

News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

A good problem to have and I would not be surprised at all if Samrani if better than both Wilson and Kiraz in all departments with the exception of Wilsons speed.
  56. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

The only way to explain the decline of this place is that a troll has wormed there way into the position of an administrator!
  57. MichaelM

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Injuries during last years games cost us dearly with players unable to cover other positions- that won’t happen next year!
  58. MichaelM

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Not to mention Politis is a really bad golfer!! We should sign all the big deals on Anzac Day - I’m sure Laundy could be equally as bad at two-up!! The Roosters current top 10 players would easily be pocketing somewhere between 7m - 7.5m - doesn’t leave a lot of money for the other 20
  59. MichaelM

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Hoffman possibly (although I don't believe he will part of a final 30), however, Samrani is highly rated by the club. He has been a little unlucky with injuries, however, he is still young and very talented. Good defender and a deceptively strong runner who can beat a tackle (he is 190cm and...
  60. MichaelM

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Please don’t feed the trollls The more they are fed the more they crap
  61. MichaelM

Opinion Update on Signings

It was well documented that King had injuries throughout the season and played in discomfort. He also had very little support in the middle If we can be positive and look at his round 27 performance against a Titans pack that included Tino, Mo and David Fifita he played for 62 minutes from the...
  62. MichaelM

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

Just hit ignore - do yourself a favour and block the trolls We need to suffocate these oxygen thieves!
  63. MichaelM

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Aside from the fact he would be a massive signing it’s pretty shit that you can build a team around a marquee player, lock them down with a huge long term deal and then they can renege. Even worse is if they end up at a top 4 team. If there was one thing the NRL could do to make it a more...
  64. MichaelM

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

I just hit ignore on Polly Power because he said Nasheed contributed a good post. That was without reading Nasheeds ignored post - it that too harsh! If people on here keep responding to the trolls the Kennel will die a slow death - please use the ignore option
  65. MichaelM

News Canterbury poor on field results could blow up the boardroom

Let me dissect these 6 paragraphs 1. No one will be nervous 2. No shit Sherlock - the CEO sends this every year as does every football club CEO. 3. When required we have had some spirited board room challenges - please don’t compare us to the bullshit that goes on at other clubs. 4. Speculation...
  66. MichaelM

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

If the topic is about goal kickers then Hazem is potentially the greatest of all and in terms of ages Haz didn't take on the kicking until 2001 when he was already age 25 (although he did kick 9 goals in 1999), with Halligan kicking until 2000. His playing record speaks for itself - he was an...
  67. MichaelM

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

It’s pretty obvious which people should be ignored - responding only encourages these morons. I believe most would agree this place would be far better if they just faded away. Do yourself and everyone else a massive favour and hit ignore.
  68. MichaelM

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

I hope Karl stays positive and we should as well. The Weidler report is far from definitive “The prospect of no football in 24” and talk about his “long term future” are a little premature.
  69. MichaelM

What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

If he can stay healthy and get match fit his prospects are pretty good. I’d like to see him playing alongside a big, angry and experienced front row partner.
  70. MichaelM

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

Tough decisions will always need to be made, however, players need to be communicated with throughout the process. I'm a fan and if we let him slip out of our system I'd be surprised if another club didn't pick him up. Then again we have a system where U21 (better than under 20's) move...
  71. MichaelM

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Players are entertainers - if you are a performer and people pay money to see you live or watch you on TV you are entitled to a share of the action. If anything NRL players are cross subsidising all sorts of other activities.
  72. MichaelM

News ‘We had a good chat’: Addo-Carr’s Bulldogs future secured after crisis Gould meeting

JAC averaged 19 tries a season with the Storm - I wouldn’t consider his 16 tries in 2022 a disappointing season. I know it’s not just about tries, however it would have also been much easier in all other areas at the Storm - as a winger he wouldn’t have had to deal with type of pressure he was...
  73. MichaelM

Tevita Pangai Junior reveals grim reality of NRL exit

Can you imagine what guys like Josh Jackson or Bobcat would be thinking!! The complete polar opposite in every possible way. the fact we seem to have been able to offload TPJ early without taking a large cap hit is actually genius!
  74. MichaelM

Corey Wadell

Waddell, like Mahoney would make less errors and missed tackles if they weren’t trying to show up in positions on the field that other players should be responsible for. These effort plays are recognised by the coaches - they are not assessed through the lens of a fan. Bottom line is that when...
  75. MichaelM

News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

He is probably just saving face - if there was no offer from us then what option does he have!
  76. MichaelM

Alamoti to the Panthers

????????? He is 19 years old!!! Quai-Ward is 24 yo There are backs that will be playing in the Flegg Gf that are older than Alamoti!
  77. MichaelM

Alamoti to the Panthers

In the set up we had this year there was probably no tougher position to play than centre. More often than not our centres were under siege with very little protection from the backrowers, with most of our defensive issues originating closer to the ruck- insanity in my opinion but what would I...
  78. MichaelM

Alamoti to the Panthers

Still young enough to play Flegg in 24 and 25 - yet people are prepared to judge him based on his NRL performances this year in our shit show of a team! Poorly handled imo - should have been given more time to develop. If he played Flegg this year he would have slaughtered the opposition and...
  79. MichaelM

Gus on 100% Footy

The foundations need to be rock solid - the fancy stuff will come later and is changeable- you only ever do the foundation once unless you have to completely demolish the place!!
  80. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

Buzz is on the way out There is a saying by Will Durant that perfectly applies to Buzz’s approach to journalism “History is mostly guessing; the rest is prejudice”
  81. MichaelM

Opinion Emerging players to watch across all grades in 2024

This junior rebuild had momentum prior to Gus, however he has really taken it to the next level - we are currently as strong as we have ever been for guys 16-20 yo. I hope we persist with Alamoti, he should have been given the chance to dominate Flegg this year and play the odd reserve grade...
  82. MichaelM

Blake Wilson

Good instincts, very quick, deceptively strong and tough. They are pretty good attributes! If he was playing in a top side he would be scoring close to a try a game! Also makes the hard yards and is good defensively - I really want to see him given an opportunity at fullback.
  83. MichaelM

Official Gus on Twitter

As Graeme Hughes found out!
  84. MichaelM

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

This is total bullshit - they may have to put in one or possibly two days a week with those hours (although I doubt even that is true week in and week out), however on most days they have plenty of free time. I know this for certain because plenty live near me (including CC) and frequent the...
  85. MichaelM

Vs Raiders - CC Presser

At this point it really doesn’t matter what he says - it’s a weak squad about to be pulled apart - I’m sure CC would like to let more go however there are substandard players with contracts for 24 and there are very few better player options available.
  86. MichaelM

Props available to sign November 1 (for 2025)

Liam Henry would be a good addition - he is killing it in reserve grade.
  87. MichaelM

Official Dogs Decline(NRL 360)

What hurts is that none of our. recent graduates have kicked on to be genuine NRl players. Until we start to see our younger guys dominating in.reserve grade and then transferring that into the top grade we will struggle because you can’t buy you way out of our current situation.
  88. MichaelM

Rumour Pele to Hull?

You never know, we may see Pele back at the Dogs down the track!
  89. MichaelM

Rumour Pele to Hull?

Pele was either not willing to, or incapable of putting in the effort required to make the grade. A guy with his natural attributes should be able to make our pack every week, at least on bench. Injuries and suspensions can also sometime be attributed to the players professionalism. With the...
  90. MichaelM

Rumour Pele to Hull?

Gus has always been a gambler - You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em Know when to walk away and know when to run
  91. MichaelM

News Inside story of how the Canterbury Bulldogs blew the chance to sign Payne Haas

It’s just another instance of water under the bridge! The only thing that matters is what we do next.
  92. MichaelM

Rd 22 vs Dolphins 3-2-1

3. Kikau 2. Mahoney 1. TPJ Gordies comment 'he plays for highlights' may have finally unlocked TPJ. I thought his performance today was really exciting and I can't wait to see more.
  93. MichaelM

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Not a bad effort against the competition leaders - still a few boy playing up in reserves as well. I know it has been a tough year watching our NRL team, however it has been a mighty effort from our lower grades considering every injury impacts throughout the grades.
  94. MichaelM

What a game in Flegg - 22 all draw after we scored a converted try at the death
  95. MichaelM

Sam Hughes re-signs

With suspensions and the concussions ruling out so many players week to week soon it will be a top 35 or 40. How many have we used already this season - 33?? if players 25-30 can’t hold their own in the top grade than you will get 40 scored against you most weeks, let alone win games. Gus...
  96. MichaelM

In round 16 when the panthers were impacted by origin selection we easily beat their weakened reserve grade and thrashed their Flegg team 26 nil. No need to panic after last weekends results - through our grades we had around 15 players not available
  97. MichaelM

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

So today we resigned Sam Hughes and potentially signed Taukeiaho - if we spent 700k for both that puts 100k+ in the kitty based on the average income for a 2024 Cap of $12m+ - good outcome.
  98. MichaelM

News Pressure mounting on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from familiar source

It appears like the article was typed up using one hand! - I hope the writer had the happy ending they were looking for!
  99. MichaelM

We need more Centres (apparently)

Don’t underestimate Samrani to challenge for a centre position in the top grade next year - yes he has been unlucky with injuries however he has the attributes to be a very good NRL centre.
  100. MichaelM

Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

360 are talking like it is a done deal! It sounds like a whole lot of speculation and the fact Gould mentioned that any arrangement would need to be validated / approved by the cap auditor makes this a ‘storm’ in a teacup. Gould is a politician and the fact he used this as a platform to talk...