Search results

1. Philistine

News Sharks player Trindall charged with DUI, awaiting cocaine test results

Did Monty Python write the rules for the World Anti-Doping Agency?
  2. Philistine

The Consolidated WWE Superthread

There has been plenty of speculation on these threads (not this one specifically) about whether players read what The Kennel has to say about them. I am happy to report that even wrestlers read the TK wrestling thread. Last week on the AEW Dynamite programme, Will Ospreay (IMO the best performer...
  3. Philistine

If Rock's performance on Raw was not a face turn, I don't know what one is. He started out calling the crowd "trailer trash", and they were rapturous in their cheering, so he didn't have too many fences to mend. Then his talk with Cody was a positive love-in, which he finished by giving Rhodes a...
  4. Philistine

That is a big call, and I can see a couple of problems with it: i) Rock appears to be in better shape than he was in January, but nowhere near ready for a singles match. Roman Reigns can't carry him, I'm not sure whether Cody can. He can of course keep working on his fitness back in Hollywood -...
  5. Philistine

2024 English Super League Thread

If a coach arrives at a club and Oki is already there, he has to buckle down and do the best he can with him. If a coach signs up Oki, or stands by and does nothing when someone else in the club signs him, he owns the problem, and deserves to be sacked.
  6. Philistine

Your tells are spot on, but I wasn't paying much attention to the tag titles. The Rock and his antics pushed everything else to the background. When I saw the Rock with Jinder Mahal, it was obvious that he hadn't got a match in him. The bookers could not put Rock into a singles match, and so...
  7. Philistine

I must be watching too much wrestling, it’s affecting my mind in strange ways. I watched all thirteen hours of Wrestlemania on Kayo (actually about six hours, fast-forwarding through the endless promotion and talking heads), and the only match result I failed to predict in advance was the six...
  8. Philistine

Opinion Injury replacements

We tend to see the deficiencies in our own players and overlook those in opponents. Coates is a tremendous attacking weapon, particularly in the air, but his defence is dustier than Skelton's.
  9. Philistine

U.S. Politics Discussion 2.0

I have always detested the idea of kings and queens. which is a particularly ironic view for an Australian to hold, since we have the double whammy of a king who lives the other side of the World, and owes his allegiance to another country. The Americans used to refer to their system as "the...
  10. Philistine

Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

We missed Taaffe more than most of the Kennel realize after he went off. So far this season he hasn't showed much in attack (prior to yesterday), but he has been safe under a high ball, he has plugged holes in defence, and he has communicated well - all qualities that were sadly absent in the...
  11. Philistine

Ask and you shall be given. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf If you don't feel like ploughing through the whole thing, read the executive summary. Hur outlines the considerable evidence that Biden committed a crime, and then explains...
  12. Philistine

It wasn't a judge - it was a special prosecutor! His job was to determine if a crime had been committed, and he did. When Biden's keepers claimed he had "exonerated" Biden, he was quick to point out that he had done nothing of the sort. And it wasn't the job of the special prosecutor to second...
  13. Philistine

Official Gus on Twitter

It sounds as though Mooney's dad is stuck in the nineties. There is no shame in coming off the bench and playing 55 minutes. When interchanges first became a thing, coaches sent out their best thirteen to start the game, and used the bench players to give their stars a break. As tactics...
  14. Philistine

Amazing how history repeats itself and the people who can stop that repeat never seem to learn from the previous time. Fifty years ago President Lyndon Johnson died. He was a lifetime politician/public servant with no other identifiable source of income, but his estate was worth something like...
  15. Philistine

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

Which games did you watch? I saw Crichton play a few games at full back for Penrith, and he was adequate without being inspirational. This was pretty much what I would have expected from a very talented player being asked to help the team out in an unfamiliar position. I have absolutely no...
  16. Philistine

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

Whenever I see Joash with the ball in his hands, I get 2003/2004 JT flashbacks (I know the positions on the field are different). I would not try developing Critta as a a full back unless I had plans for Joash in another position, and, if this were the case, the club would be playing him in that...
  17. Philistine

The Rock seemed to have a touch of the Joe Bidens in Friday's Smackdown: he kept forgetting that the script has him down as a heel. He was quite maudlin about the city he was in (Memphis), and he had the live audience in his pocket. The only vaguely heelish thing he did was to bag his opponents...
  18. Philistine

Totally ripped off

Any official who coins a nonsense term like "mutual infringement" and runs with it is beyond help with English usage. It sounds like both sides agreed to infringe, whereas what they are trying to convey by the use of this term is that the game stopped but nobody infringed.
  19. Philistine

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

Nu Brown was sent off (red card not yellow) for accidental contact to the head in a super league match a couple of weeks ago. The commentators blew up about it, but the explanation was that, although it was accidental (and nobody got hurt), Brown didn't take enough trouble to avoid the contact...
  20. Philistine

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

Hughes actually pushed the ref out of his way, causing him to fall. That has been a hanging offence since 1908. The NRL don't mind players beating each other up provided nobody starts any embarrassing talk about duty of care, but referees have to be protected at all costs.
  21. Philistine

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

If you cheat and it goes unnoticed. that is your good fortune, but, if you cheat and it gets picked up, there should be consequences. Players have been milking penalties for years and they either get rewarded for it or it is "play on". If the ref thinks a player is milking, that player should be...
  22. Philistine

I have been through my copy of the international rules (I have too much respect for the English language to call them "laws") and I can find no mention of mutual infringements. However, I unearthed a copy of RUGBY LEAGUE LAWS OF THE GAME INTERNATIONAL LEVEL WITH NOTES ON THE LAWS AND NRL...
  23. Philistine

There is nothing in the rule book to cover what went down Friday night. The passage that @Doogie quoted is irrelevant as it is meant to cover restarts when the game has stopped and neither side is responsible for the stoppage. This time the game stopped when a try was scored, and the ref sent...
  24. Philistine

How on earth has this discussion descended into an argument about obstruction? If an attacking player, not in possession of the ball, gets in the way of a defender and prevents him from doing his job - that is obstruction! If a referee gets in the way of a defender, that is the defender's...
  25. Philistine

Round 2 Press Conference

Actually it is! Last year we were bent over by the refs almost every match, and nothing was said so it just kept on happening. The refs aren't out to get us (with perhaps one notable exception), but they start most matches with the idea that team A is better than Team B, and therefore more...
  26. Philistine

2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Shock horror! A pommie referee who appears to make a couple of marginal calls in favour of his local team. Whoever heard of such a thing? Understandably the Kennel is in meltdown, because we have never heard of, much less encountered, a ref who doesn't call everything straight down the line. We...
  27. Philistine

News Trial Takeaways: Problems abound for Dogs after Sharks loss (Roar)

The OP was watching a different match from the one I saw. I watched a first half with 2 teams almost at full strength finish 6-6, with the Dogs conceding a try through bad communication and scoring one through continued pressure. Through my admittedly one eye, I saw the Dogs go close several...
  28. Philistine

Fave song lyric / 1 liner

From The Boxer: Such are promises - all lies and jest! Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. Paul Simon would fit right in on TK.
  29. Philistine

It was. Cody wasn't just a wrestler at AEW, he was part of the management, and Vince brought him back to be the new face of WWE, because he had enough sense to realize the Reigns/Bloodline angle had cobwebs on it. Vince then turned his attention to flogging off WWE for a kings ransom, and left...
  30. Philistine

NRL Financials

I don't think it is common knowledge but the NRL and its parent, the ARLC, are registered as non-profits - meaning they don't pay a cent in tax! The rationale behind this is that they are supposed to plough back any profits generated into support for those parts of the game that need it, i.e...
  31. Philistine

News Ciraldo’s bid to unleash ‘bulletproof’ Dogs; pre-season standout to watch: ‘24 Verdict

Has @djdeep4172 got your arm twisted up your back to force you to read his posts? I think he is doing a good job posting these articles, but he should provide proper attributions, instead of giving the impression that he has written them.
  32. Philistine

It is obvious and stilted because the bookers are no good. Jim Cornette (a former booker) used to say that, if the bookers are doing their job, the audience should not be aware that bookers are even a part of the production. Vince ran the WWF/WWE with an iron fist for close to forty years, and...
  33. Philistine

Cody will follow the script, just like everyone else in the business. Ask yourself why the Rock is even there. About eighteen months ago, there were persistent rumours of Rock vs Reigns for Wrestlemania 39. Rock himself knocked this on the head, saying that his schedule didn't allow him the...
  34. Philistine

We'll have to agree to disagree. When I saw the confrontation between Rock and Jinder Mahal that kicked off the story arc, Rock was moving so awkwardly, it was obvious to me that he didn't have a match in him at that stage. Rock will hang around until Mania to cut promos, but I will be amazed if...
  35. Philistine

Wrestlemania main events are worked out months in advance. The plan for this year was Reigns vs Cody on the Sunday and Rollins vs C M Punk on the Saturday (the lesser belt). Punk stuffed up the Saturday main event plan by getting himself injured. All the teasing about Rock vs Reigns was just...
  36. Philistine

Over the years, wrestling fans have given Vince a free pass on some very questionable behaviour because he kept them entertained. When he was running the show, every single story arc was either his brainchild, or was pitched to him for his approval. We had such timeless classics as the Vince...
  37. Philistine

News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

The great Napoleon had this to say about (organized) religion: “I don’t see in religion evidence of the mystery of the incarnation, but rather the mystery of social order. Religion associates heaven with an idea of equality that keeps the rich from being massacred by the poor.”
  38. Philistine

OK where is Heaven? If it is "above the Earth" is that above Sydney, or London, or the North Pole? Or is Heaven a hollow sphere that is above the whole of the Earth? Back in biblical times, "above" meant directly overhead from the point of view of the person telling the story - because that was...
  39. Philistine

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under...
  40. Philistine

Official Gus on Twitter

maybe I'm an incurable optimist but I think that, if Ryan Sutton can get a decent run, injury free, he will show us more than we have seen so far. Gus rates Sutton, he is a good judge of a footballer, and he has stuck fast with him. Gus doesn't always get it right, but, when he realizes he has...
  41. Philistine

Beer Appreciation Thread

The travel agents tell you not to bother converting any money to the local currency (riel) because everybody takes American dollars. This is technically true, as the shops, restaurants, etc. have two sets of prices. What they don't tell you is the riel prices are intended for locals (mates...
  42. Philistine

Climate Change

I don't want explanations, I want reliable measurements. The example I gave of the polar ice cap melting - that was an explanation! How would you set about measuring its effect? There are myriad factors that might or might not contribute to radiative forcing. How do you put numbers on them?
  43. Philistine

Climate Change

The kernel of truth that underpins all of the doomsday projections is that carbon dioxide really is a greenhouse gas. It offers very little resistance to the high energy radiation entering our atmosphere from the Sun, and a greater resistance to the lower energy radiation being reflected from...
  44. Philistine

Climate Change

Thank you for your support even if it wasn't intended. I am aware of my limitations and I wouldn't take on an impossible task. The only way this could work is if my country gave me total freedom to go wherever the negotiations take me, and the other countries gave their representatives the same...
  45. Philistine

Climate Change

Do you seriously consider the COP junket as "business"? I have traveled overseas on business on numerous occasions, and you are correct, I didn't pay for myself. Sometimes it was just me, demonstrating a product or conducting a field trial. I would be doing business with 2 or 3, maybe 5 people...
  46. Philistine

Climate Change

I read that over 70,000 people attended COP28 in Dubai. I wonder how many of them forked out their own money for their travel and accommodation, and how many were there courtesy of the money tree, aka taxpayers? If I had to guess, I would suggest numbers like zero and 70,000, respectively.
  47. Philistine

Climate Change

I might start taking this climate change stuff a bit more seriously if the people who shout the loudest actually did something to indicate they believe what they are saying. Only a few weeks ago, at COP28, King Charles (how I hate typing that) was on his soap box, telling anybody who would...
  48. Philistine

How well do YOU know Josh Hodgson?

How well do you want to know Josh Hodgson? □ Not at all. □ Less than that.
  49. Philistine

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

Expanding just a little on my earlier comment, AFB had a break-out year in 2023 at age 28. He might have taken his play to a whole new level, or the rest of his 2023 team might perfectly complement him. Sometimes the stars just align. The Warriors wanted to hang on to him for 2024, but were OK...
  50. Philistine

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

Every club is limited by the salary cap, assuming no cheating (which is a huge assumption), and the salary cap is the same - to the cent - for each club. If you pay overs for any player, you are going to end up short of money for the others. The only legitimate way you can get an advantage is if...
  51. Philistine

Gus doesn't like paying overs and he doesn't like mercenaries. He wants players who want to play for the dogs. Also AFB will be nudging 30 before he laces on a boot for his new club.
  52. Philistine

Rumour Pele to Hull?

I'm with you. I think they let go of Pele far too quickly and easily unless there is something we don't know. Maybe they haven't really punted him. Maybe they think that he can get his weight down and his fitness up at Hull, rather than in the Knock-on Effect Cup, and they plan to get him back...
  53. Philistine

It was twenty-four years ago today, in WCW Starrcade 1999, that the thrust kick felt around the World was delivered by Bill Goldberg to Bret “The Hitman” Hart (suddenly I feel old). According to legend, the kick was badly executed by a stiff and unsafe worker, Goldberg, and caused a concussion...
  54. Philistine

Taking Ozempic for my diabetes.

I don't understand what you are saying about lower and higher dose prescriptions. My Ozempic comes in an applicator pen and you twist the knob on the bottom to get 0.25 ml (lower dose ) or you keep on twisting to get 0.5 ml (higher dose). It holds a nominal 1.5 ml (usually a bit more) and this...
  55. Philistine

2024 Souths Squads

The last name on the Jersey Flegg train and trial list is MG Motor. Is this a wind-up or is there really a person of that name? Elsewhere on the lists a Cooper MCLAREN jumped off the page at me. The World has changed: when I was growing up, any kid with a name like this would have to be a...
  56. Philistine

Official Gus's Message

I think you are close but not quite there. I have been convinced since Barrett was booted that Gus already had a replacement locked away. Sacking the coach because you have someone better lined up is rarely a popular move, and so we had the charade of a hokey recruitment process. When the...
  57. Philistine

Napoleon syndrome?

Napoleon was one of a kind. He lived in an era in which fighting men were led by officers who had had their commissions bought for them by wealthy parents, and he rose to the very pinnacle of his profession because he was so good at what he did, his peers could not overlook him. He was far and...
  58. Philistine

Go the All Blacks

I was surprised Eddie Jones took the Wallabies job. They treated him disgracefully in his previous stint: he took the team to the final in 2003 even though they were nowhere near as strong as England or some of the other heavyweights, yet they still fired him. This time around, his ego probably...
  59. Philistine

Go the All Blacks

Watching the final today I got an uncomfortable feeling I was watching the death throes of a once great sport. I thought the NRL was the ultimate clown show, but the rugby authorities can play the NRL off a break. A penalty gets awarded and a player (the captain no less) gets sin binned for a...
  60. Philistine

What will our DNA look like moving forward?

Cars, motorbikes, bottles of wine, football clubs, etc. do not have DNA. It is a bullshit expression dreamed up by marketing people who think it might sucker you into buying their stuff rather than someone else's.
  61. Philistine

Hawaiian

You can't plough and seed a totally green field. However hard the NRL might push from here, there has to be a minimal amount of pulling from the other direction. I duck-duck-went an inquiry "Rugby League in Hawaii" (I'm boycotting Google), and found a web site for a Rugby League Association...
  62. Philistine

Voice referendum

@Flanagun & @Hacky McAxe For a couple of normally smart blokes, you both have an amazing gift for missing the obvious when it doesn't suit your narrative. I would have thought it was crystal clear that Speedy was pointing out the arrogance and/or stupidity of Labor state governments pressing on...
  63. Philistine

Voice referendum

I think your moderating would be a lot of fun, but, unfortunately, I wouldn't get to witness it in real time - between those hours my schedule is fully booked for the foreseeable future with non-TK activities. :laughing:
  64. Philistine

Singing Anthum International Games.

I'm sorry, I couldn't have been paying close enough attention. I didn't see a big up yours given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people. I saw a big (and well deserved) up yours given to the aboriginal aristocracy and their enablers, who have been driving the narrative from the beginning.
  65. Philistine

Voice referendum

This handsome fellow (I assume he's a he, I can't tell the difference) has been residing under my beer fridge during the cold weather. He has taken possession of a hole in the ground where there used to be a tree root, and he comes out mid-morning to catch a few rays.
  66. Philistine

Voice referendum

There is a fundamental difference in the way people on the right and left view their political leaders. On the right, voters think their politicians are rubbish, but vote for them anyway because the other side are worse. On the left, politicians start out walking on water, and their popularity...
  67. Philistine

Voice referendum

After six months or so, this thread finally seems to be winding down. I should like to say how much I have enjoyed reading it and occasionally participating in it. Most of the posts have been informative and entertaining, even though the subject matter has been polarizing. It underlines for me...
  68. Philistine

Singing Anthum International Games.

The Poms sang Jerusalem at the ESL GF and they tend to favour I vow to thee my country at big union games. I am fine with the national anthem being sung at internationals, but it is totally inappropriate at all-Australian events like the GF and SOO. When the anthem is played at the wrong time...
  69. Philistine

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

I thought SST looked pretty decent in the semifinal and the final. I realize ESL is way short of NRL standard, but the kind of stuff he does - takes the ball up strongly, tackles well, occasionally gets an offload away - would transfer well to the higher level. Plus he has played several good...
  70. Philistine

Voice referendum

So you didn't read the information available? "The base model proposes two members from each state, the Northern Territory, ACT and Torres Strait. A further five members would represent remote areas due to their unique needs – one member each from the Northern Territory, Western Australia...
  71. Philistine

Voice referendum

Q, What is misinformation? A. Anything Doogie doesn't like. My first pargraph was taken from an earlier Hacky post. My second began "I wouldn't mind betting..." which should make it crystal clear even to you that I am offering an opinion. No more, no less! Where is the misinformation?
  72. Philistine

Voice referendum

When I finally got to see the proposed make-up of TheVoice, I found (to no surprise at all) that 2 members would have been from NSW (inner city elites), 2 from Victoria (inner city elites), 2 from Queensland (inner city elites), etc. and 5 token participants from the remote settlements. In other...
  73. Philistine

Voice referendum

A good starting point would be a thorough audit to see where the rivers of taxpayer money have been going. Are they still rivers when they arrive at the aboriginal settlements, or have they slowed to a trickle? Do the people in the settlements waste it, or has most of it been siphoned off by the...
  74. Philistine

Voice referendum

This is a great post, Nasheed. I didn't think you had it in you (I hope that doesn't sound patronizing). I've got a Vietnamese mate who came here as a teenager after the fall of Saigon. He couldn't speak a word of English and he came with only the clothes on his back. He took a menial job and...
  75. Philistine

Voice referendum

A classic bit of whataboutism, mixed with a dash of lookoverthereism. In case you hadn't noticed, Scomo got the heave-ho from the voters over a year ago. The electorate passed judgement on his performance and found him wanting, and his overseas travel history probably factored into the decision...
  76. Philistine

Voice referendum

There must be two people in the World who think John Hewson has anything to say worth listening to. I think it was John Howard who once said "there is nothing more "ex" than an ex-prime minister". I applaud his implied sentiment that ex-pollies should avoid the spotlight, but he was wrong! An...
  77. Philistine

Voice referendum

I have been following this conversation, and occasionally contributing to it, since it began. How is this "butting in"? Also I read it in context. I have just carefully reread the last half dozen pages of comments to make sure I didn't miss anything. In summary: @Bullpit made a perfectly...
  78. Philistine

Voice referendum

I didn't put words in your mouth, I quoted your sentence verbatim. Are you now saying that that wasn't your view and that you were just informing the Kennel of the views of unspecified YES voters? If that is so, then clearly it is not you scraping the bottom of the barrel, but these anonymous...
  79. Philistine

Voice referendum

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. When has any Australian government ever done anything on a whim? Most people are frustrated by the glacial speed at which governments move. If an incoming government doesn't like The Voice, it will (based on past precedents) leave it alone...
  80. Philistine

Voice referendum

If you are 55 now, you would have been 22 when ATSIC was set up. Many if not most 22 year olds in 1990 would have been all for it, because they tend to be big on idealism and short on life experience. Those 1990 22 year olds would have had 15 years to see what a complete corrupt shambles ATSIC...
  81. Philistine

Opinion People that make crap threads like this? High IQ or lazy i30 houso Centrelink bums?

Why? Because you're a Broncos supporter? Don't be so hard on yourself, Broncos supporters are human beings too (so I'm told). Seriously though, you generally post something worth reading, and that is the No. 1 criterion for an on-line forum.
  82. Philistine

Coaching Structure 2024

Reluctant though I am to cross swords with such a critical thinker, I have to say that this is complete and utter bollocks. Firstly - coaching is slap bang in the middle of the "physio world". Secondly - Jackson didn't hold a coaching job last year, and, if he hadn't retired early - prompting...
  83. Philistine

Voice referendum

Repeating this a dozen times doesn't make it true. Everywhere you look you can see taxpayers money being used indirectly to support the YES campaign. QANTAS are a big donor. They can afford to be, because they are awash with taxpayers money given to them during the pandemic, never used for its...
  84. Philistine

Voice referendum

It's a lousy marketing ploy for anyone with a public profile to jump in on either side of a controversial and polarizing debate. I doubt if it would move one NO vote to YES, and it would alienate 60% of his fan base.
  85. Philistine

Voice referendum

Not an appropriate analogy? That is a generous assessment. I would call it a particularly blatant straw man. A straw man argument is a distorted (and weaker) version of another person's argument that can easily be refuted (e.g., when a teacher proposes that the class spend more time on math...
  86. Philistine

Stephen Crichton

For us to have got a three=peat in the early noughties, 2 things needed to happen: the club needed to hang on to JT, and replace Folkes with a real coach. If we had done the second, the first would have happened automatically.
  87. Philistine

Toby S*****n

I never heard that before but it sounds kosher. I always thought he was singing about 1969, but there is a reference to the "summer of love" (the hippie revolution, flowers in your hair, etc), which was 1967 not 1969
  88. Philistine

News Fox knocked out in all-in brawl at Koori Knockout

Williams is not a bloke I would choose as a drinking companion, But it was a dog act in retaliation for another dog act. The player who pulled off the first dog act got clean away with it - having a penalty blown against you hardly compares to being 13 on 12! The player who pulled the second dog...
  89. Philistine

News Fox knocked out in all-in brawl at Koori Knockout

I'm wandering a bit off topic here, but does anybody remember the Danny Williams incident? I always thought that Williams was harshly treated by the NRL and the holier-than-thou commentators. He was hit high and hard (and illegally), and the referee did nothing. He was obviously seeing stars...
  90. Philistine

Who do you want to win the GF?

Sydneysiders are the salt of the Earth. If you are down on your luck in Sydney, you will have no trouble finding someone to buy you a drink or a meal. They will even find you a bed for the night. This has never happened to me personally, but it did happen to my sister.:laughing:
  91. Philistine

Voice referendum

Never in all my puff - the master troll giving someone advice on how to avoid coming across as a troll! No hatting, I offer this comment in the nicest possible way.
  92. Philistine

Who do you want to win the GF?

Welcome to Sydney.
  93. Philistine

Voice referendum

I don't want to sound pedantic actually I don't mind in the slightest if I sound pedantic, but you've got it back to front. Your dollars go farther in Lebanon than here, but you get more of them here.
  94. Philistine

Voice referendum

I hope I'm not being un-Australian by saying this, but I have always thought that "You're The Voice" was a load of old rubbish. There was a time when protest songs were a thing, and there were some very good ones - off the top of my head: Eve Of Destruction, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, I Was...
  95. Philistine

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

They say third time is the charm. In the past we have let two great JTs slip through our fingers. The Kennel knows all about the legendary Thurston, but, what isn't so well known is that we were offered Jason Taumalolo when he was coming through the grades, and we passed. Former Dogs icon, Jason...
  96. Philistine

Fittler Steps Down as NSW Coach

I wouldn't mind betting that most blues supporters think Fittler is a waste of space, but a minority rate him because we won three origin series under him. We should have won six but who's counting? The NSWRL could have run some risk of blow back by sacking him, and so they put the squeeze on...
  97. Philistine

Fittler Steps Down as NSW Coach

Also lost three series as coach, despite having a stronger squad to pick from than Queensland in all three. Legend of a player, waste of oxygen as a coach.
  98. Philistine

Panthers v Broncos - GF thread

Our situation was the complete reverse. One of our inner circle of money men had a falling out with the club, and deliberately grassed us up to get his revenge. The salary cap situation is so ridiculous that a well-run scheme to circumvent it (like the Roosters?) is undetectable unless someone...
  99. Philistine

Panthers v Broncos - GF thread

You do realize you could have bought three Ozempic pens from Nasheed for $300? In fact the Don could probably have sold you a GF ticket for less than that, and it would have been the hottest ticket in town.