Search results

1. G

Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

How much of our cap would these players be taking? I suspect Tolman is on good coin. Personally, depending on who is available or can be coerced into coming with an established coach, I wouldn't be jumping for joy at the prospect of re-signing any of that list.
  2. G

Opinion The 'Rebuild' Is A Disaster

The information I got, whether its right or wrong I don't independently know, is that Api was coming until the Panthers approached him with a "better offer". But somehow, the "better offer" was for less money. Read into that what you will...
  3. G

We won't sign anyone. The money is not everything. There have been some targets who have flatly said no way, not at any price. Do you think Api Koroisau wasn't offered massive overs but still chose Penrith for significantly less?
  4. G

I've only got one question. Which outstanding talent would sign with our team without knowing who will be the coach next season (assuming its not Pay) and what players we are likely to add over the next season or so?
  5. G

News Press conference

Its all well and good to keep blaming others, however, this is his 3rd season as coach. Sorry pal but the performances are no better than when you took over. The squad is even worse than the one you had when you started. Buck stops with the coach and management. Clean out is needed from the...
  6. G

Predicted Dogs Team for R3

How on earth are we spending the full extent of our salary cap on these names? Surely not.
  7. G

News Is Pay having a fluffy?

There is only so much a grumpy old dogs supporter like me can take. This will be the fourth season in a row we miss the finals. I can’t remember that happening in my fourty odd years as a Bulldogs supporter. I am sick of excuses. Des, Raelene, salary cap, off field incidents, the dog ate my...
  8. G

News Bulldogs sign Matt Mundine.

This signing doesn't worry me. The fact the Andersons are doing deals with people like Anthony Mundine based on the old mates club is what worries me going forward.
  9. G

News Bulldogs' chase of Napa and Liddle sparks chain reaction

Signing Napa to replace Klemmer is a big downgrade. There is a significant amount of compromise there. $600K for Napa is insane money. Unless Chris Anderson has completely lost the plot, I doubt that we are offering anything like that.
  10. G

Who should be in the 13 RFM or Martin?

Honestly, all this debate shows just how strong the pack will be next season. There will be some unlucky boys having to play ISP. Pretty exciting. However, the backs are a very different story in my opinion. We will really struggle for points again, in my opinion. Just hope Foran and Lewis can...
  11. G

ISP Not an indication of how good a player is

Given the way Penrith is decimated at the moment, yes. Dragons also struggling with injuries to their top team - I think we are better than them anyway. With quite a few to come back from first grade, if they can get through week 1 without them, then they are a big chance. Biggest concern is...
  12. G

ISP Not an indication of how good a player is

To be fair, Georgalis, Dymock and Penna were as frustrated as anyone that guys like Rhys Martin and Josh Cleeland were not getting a look in for first grade last year. It all had to do with Des not listening to anyone and doing his own thing. I feel sorry for Cleeland. He's not in the top 30...
  13. G

Andrew Hill Members Meeting

I personally think the club was not being truthful at the members meeting.
  14. G

Nocens sit an innocens ( guilty or innocent ).

I am confused. The Corporations Act 2001 relates to directors duties. Directors have, as you would know, fiduciary duties at common law and similar stringent duties under the 2001 Act. Yet, the questions you pose relate not to the decisions made by the previous board of management but: 1. To...
  15. G

David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

This is media beat up. The bloke was asked a question and he answered. He hasn't asked for a release nor has it even been mooted. Of course other clubs will be hunting around like scavengers. He's probably in the top 3 or 4 props in the game. Which club wouldn't want to have him?
  16. G

Bulldogs rubbish rebuild talk despite Woods, Mbye exits

Has anyone who made a derogatory comment about Flanagan ever met the guy? He did the right thing by his club and played the game with Canterbury to lure Woods to the advantage of his team. Why so much hate?
  17. G

Outsider looking in

Rebuilding? I would say we are still in the demolition phase. Lots of pain yet to come.
  18. G

Recruiting Fijian Speedsters from Rugby 7’s

Hopefully these Fijian Speedsters can get a Visa. Tell Big Mal they're recruited by the Roosters and they'll get one immediately.
  19. G

Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

No - this is what I actually said pal: I don't think i was happy about his signing at the time and that is clear mate.
  20. G

Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

If I knew how to go back to my posts, I would but I am a dinosaur. I thought it was wrong at the time and have never changed my tune. I remember likening him to Ben Roberts. As for others, I don't know what they thought. I don't think many outside our club thought he was a future JT having...
  21. G

"hot commodity" - You can't be serious. He was a bog average half back having been given every chance to impress. He was re-signed on an absolutely massive deal for four years having shown absolutely nothing at half back before we went out with a whimper to the Panthers in 2016. In no way...
  22. G

I've never been an Mbye fan and Marley and I have argued about his ability for a while but it is very disappointing that just when Mbye was starting to realise his potential, he's going. I admit I have been very impressed by his transition to fullback and think he has been our best back by a...
  23. G

2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

I should add - I suspect Georgie will stick with Nu Brown at the back, move Lewis back to the halves and leave Harper in the Centres. He handled last week ok, although, it was against a struggling Knights team.
  24. G

Nu Brown actually played fullback when Cerruto was injured. Not a fullback, but I suspect they will play him there again. Morgan Harper played Centre as olive was 19th man for first grade. Woolford looked sharp out of dummy half. Played about 25 minutes. I think Eastwood and Fine will come...
  25. G

Anderson and Hill

According to Deano last night there are 5 or 6 players coming through which have been identified from Jersey Flegg and some more in the grand final SG Ball team that are capable of first grade in the future. They are all apparently a "year young", so they have another season in each comp before...
  26. G

Anderson and Hill

Despite the fact that the crowd was serious and the mood was not great, I thought Hill handled himself very well. He was even quite witty at times which lightened things up. Smart operator.
  27. G

5 players for 500K

We’ve got 9 backs under contract next season: Mbye Montoya & Reimis Smith Hoppa, Holland & Olive Foran, Cogger and Wakeham. We need to find young blokes with first grade potential willing to take 100K for a year to earn themselves a first grade shot. Even then it’s a massive risk. Easier said...
  28. G

Anyone wanting Nu Brown in first grade need only watch the second half and lack of game management by a bloke who is supposed to be a cut above reserve grade to understand why he's not a first grader. Kicked out on the full twice and missed a field goal from right in front that could have...
  29. G

Reimis Smith in for Montoya

No not Reimis. Holland to wing and a utility to the bench.
  30. G

Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

I can't understand why everyone is so worked up about To'omaga. The guy is gassed 20 minutes into a Reggies game - he wont handle first grade. He was at his best about 5-7 kg lighter playing in the back row.
  31. G

Lichaa Axed

I personally think JMK will do reasonably well at hooker. Having a hooker who can kick a bit will make a nice change. I also think he's a lot more nimble and has a good passing game. His defence has been very good on the edges where he doesn't have as much help. I can only see this as a positive...
  32. G

Brown will go to the halves in ISP and Lewis will go back out to Centre.
  33. G

To everyone who wants Frawley back...

We are talking about shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, frankly. We don't have the talent to worry many teams at the moment. It doesn't matter what Pay does, this team has fundamental problems in key areas. Our big money purchases and players we have on big coin are not performing and...
  34. G

JMK will be playing at Hooker. Frawley to the halves. Fine will drop off the bench and Rhys Martin will debut. That is what I have gleaned from all this...
  35. G

To'omaga and Brown star for Bulldogs.

Wonder why Frawley and Martin were late withdrawals from the ISP team? Certainly didn't appear injured.
  36. G

Holland to Center

Does it actually count as a missed tackle if Hoppa doesn't even lay a hand on the player? Because that has happened numerous times including the Mitchell try.
  37. G

Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

That theory may hold water if it had any logic or basis. However, your speculation fails to appreciate that Asapeli Fine has been picked in 1st grade ahead of Rhys notwithstanding that Rhys was clearly our best ISP Player last year (he won the Player of the year award) and plays in the same...
  38. G

Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

What about poor old Rhys Martin. Best player in Cup last year and again so far this year and doesn't even get a look in?? WTF???
  39. G

Why the meltdown?

I actually thought we were poor after the first 30 minutes. Losing Moses and being a player down in the forwards rotation was a big issue. It’s clear we are short a couple of good bench forwards because our forwards lost that game in the final 20 minutes.
  40. G

ANZ Stadium will NOT be knocked down.

As I understand it, in this new plan only the lower bowl seats will move closer to the field. Hence the nosebleed section will still be a million miles from the action. All this makes no sense to me as the cost blowout on the westconnex for stage 1 was triple the initial costing (we are talking...
  41. G

R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

I agree. I don’t think Francis is a bad defender in the middle and we were struggling to get off our line in the last 15 minutes as Penrith was coming at us. Could have done with some fresh legs going forward I thought.
  42. G

R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

If there is one issue I had with Dean Pays coaching last week it was the failure to afford Tualau and Brown much time on the pitch in the second half when some of our forwards were spent. Hopefully he doesn’t do that again. Tualau made a couple of strong charges and he then threw Tolman back on???
  43. G

Kieran Foran/ Fox sports.com.au

I like Foran. He’s brought back toughness to the 7 jersey. 6 is still an issue. Happy to give JMK time but can’t help but feel that having Reynolds at 6 would have made for a brilliant halves combo. Two really tough competitors who never say die. I know this is probably not a popular opinion.
  44. G

R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

I noticed Francis hasn't been named in the ISP squad - which I am hoping means he is likely to be in first grade.
  45. G

TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

There is a great position for Tolman but not just yet as unfortunately, the other options are even worse. Poor recruitment and retention will do this to you!
  46. G

I am not confident at all. As you say, we have conceded plenty of metres at the start of a set but also, our middle looks so loose its not funny. We've had 11 tries put on us in two games. How much work (if any) did they do on defence in the off season. Clearly, they've worked on attack but...
  47. G

Does anyone actually think we will be capable of holding Penrith to under 18 points in order to have a chance of winning this game?
  48. G

Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Why is this bloke unwilling to talk about his past? On what basis is he fit to be elected a board member? The Chairperson needs to answer these questions. If he is not a fit and proper person to be part of a junior league club, how on earth is he fit to be a board member of the leagues club...
  49. G

Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

This is absolutely disgusting. This guy is a total flog. Went to school with him. Absolute dope. Good luck with an idiot like him on the board.
  50. G

Gary McIntyre attempts shock return 16 years after salary cap scandal

Honestly, if this happens we are a joke.
  51. G

Bulldogs chair denies using reform to wage vendetta

You might think who cares, blah blah etc etc But when crap like this is going on in the background, eventually it will de-stabilise the club. There are Leagues Club elections soon and the current Rugby League Club will gain its powerbase then. You will then see them write a fat cheque to our...
  52. G

Adam Elliot

I agree with the Rhys Martin comment from Moey. If given the opportunity, he will show he's a first grade quality back rower and easily the best goal kicker in the club.
  53. G

I’d be mad to reject superstar role: Mbye

Yeah, ok. Whatever...
  54. G

How exactly does Tommy Turbo struggle with these aspects of the game? You can’t be serious.
  55. G

I seriously hope I am made to eat my words this season but I have this uneasy feeling that Moses is always going to promise so much and deliver very little. Just like Ben Roberts of whom he reminds me so much. For those comparing him to Barba, just remember Barba in 2012 was easily the best...
  56. G

Enough talk Moses. You've had plenty of time to adjust to first grade. Your being paid like an Origin player. Prove your worth or stop talking smack!
  57. G

Rhyse Martin, the 2017 World Cup’s first breakout player

Nice to see he’s finally getting some recognition. He was our untrust player of the year and kicks goals at 80%. As I have said numerous times this year, he should have been given a crack at first grade.
  58. G

New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay wants club to focus on developing talent to rebuild its culture

I think you will find that Adam is not with the club next season.
  59. G

New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay wants club to focus on developing talent to rebuild its culture

I beg to differ. Cleeland is a better defender than Frawley and Reynolds. Brenko struggles, there is no question about that, but he can be improved if he stops rushing out of the line.
  60. G

Josh Jackson wins player of the year

Its funny you should mention that - Tolman got the Coaches award which pretty much sums up Desball.
  61. G

COACH / ASSISTANT COACH & PROBABLE TEAM - 2018

Josh Cleeland and Rhys Martin must play first grade next season! Cleeland and Foran in the halves. Martin and RFM in the second row with Martin kicking goals. Jacko 13(c) with the same role in the middle he had in Origin. Woods and Klemmer starting front row. With Des gone, Tolman will...
  62. G

Re-sign Lichaa

I'd be all for a one year deal, on a reduced contract with an option in our favour for the second at a substantial pay rise. That way we are not locked in and he knows that with a good season he's looking at a substantial payrise. Win/win. If he can play the way he played at the end of the...
  63. G

ISP 2017 Team of the Year

Great selections! Cleeland obviously the standout player in ISP this season. He and Rhys Martin must be in the plans for first grade next season! Would fix a lot of the general kicking (Cleeland) and goal kicking (Martin) issues we have, at the very least!
  64. G

2017 Intrust Super Premiership Thread

Its a disgrace Cleeland hasn't been given a run in first grade this season. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to pack his bags and head elsewhere even though he is still contracted for next season.
  65. G

Is this rock bottom?

How sad is it that even putting in and doing their best, we are the worst performed team in the comp over the last two months???
  66. G

Brenko Lee

I couldn't help but laugh watching Tolman holding on for dear life while Mbye decided he didn't want to participate in the tackle any longer and Graham had a completely dopey look on his face trying to get involved. Just like a Benny Hill skit!
  67. G

Brad Arthur pulled Auva'a, Terepo, Pritchard and Gower out of that side. It ended up looking much more like a reserve grade team and still came very close to winning. Nathan Davis is a good player - big and fast - surprised he doesn't get a run in 1sts ahead of Auva'a. Wasn't a great...
  68. G

Round 22 Dogs v Eels discussion thread

I think might find that Tualau will come into the team in that final bench spot.
  69. G

Chase Stanley

Mate, I've got to respectfully disagree about Woolford and Renouf. I think Renouf will be a good edge back rower (he is presently being used as a battering ram which in my opinion is a waste) but Woolford's service from dummy half is very very ordinary. Garvey is miles in front of him and that...
  70. G

Chase Stanley

Ben, do you watch any reserve grade? Cleeland is obviously ready. Woolford is nowhere near first grade. Renouf is yet to stamp his authority in the Reggies to justify promotion.
  71. G

Chase Stanley

Des calls the shots on the players he wants to use.
  72. G

Chase Stanley

If anything, this is going to wreak havoc with reserve grade who are a good chance of making the top 4. Pulling Tualau and Brenko out at the last minute last on Sunday was poor, considering that 1st grade played on Thursday and Tualau will probably only get 15 minutes this week anyway and hasn't...
  73. G

Chase Stanley

Don't be surprised if this happens on Thursday night. Brenko to replace Chase in the centres. Lichaa and Frawley dropped.
  74. G

Our team with and without Brenko Lee

Leave him in Reserves, at least they are winning and have a chance of doing something positive this season!
  75. G

Cleeland basically scored all three of his tries on his own, without the help of anyone. The video does not really do justice to the Reimis Smith try Cleeland set up. He was hemmed in on the right, had defenders all around him, weaved through them, took the ball right to the fullback and...
  76. G

PS both Bergamins tries were long range. The first about 70 metres and the second from inside his own half.
  77. G

Mate, he's a very instinctive Fullback. Good in attack but he was very suspect late in the game defusing grubber kicks. Let in two tries through not being urgent enough to knock them dead. Could be because they lead by plenty at that stage but still no excuse. Has ability but needs to keep...
  78. G

They went right to sleep. Defence fell apart in last 20. Got to fix that problem.
  79. G

Cleeland definitely looks a class above today.
  80. G

A bit lazy in defence on the left. Jamila Hoppa scores for Blacktown. 36-8. 21 to go.
  81. G

Carve up. Dogs score 2 tackles after restart. Josh Bergamin scores his second. Having a strong game also. 36-4
  82. G

Cleeland brilliant again. Scores his second try. Dogs 30-6. 28 to go. Rod Griffin has been very strong in the middle also. Blacktown tragic, failing to find touch from a penalty and falling off easy tackles.
  83. G

Blacktown very ordinary and depleted. Forwards working well. Brenko Lee and Ritchie Kennar a bit quiet. 24-4 with 34 to go in second half.
  84. G

At the ground. Cleeland a cut above. Dogs 18-4. 9 to half time. Woolford service from dummy half leaving a bit to be desired.
  85. G

What now for team selections?

Unfortunately, Holland doesn't have the speed. Wonder how he would go in the Centres? Anyone know why Brenko didn't play in any grade yesterday?
  86. G

Reynolds

Reynolds is not the most gifted player, nor is he the smartest player, but he gives 100%. I wish some of the other blokes in our team would give 100%. There are plenty of others I would have let go before him but in saying that, the money he is getting from the Tigers is just ridiculous! Good...
  87. G

ISP v warriors

It was a great performance considering that the team was missing: Andy Saunders Asapeli Fine Frawley Francis Tualau RFM Holland who were all called up to first grade, given that we will be missing the Origin boys this week.
  88. G

Mbye dreaming of origin call up

Its no wonder the club is in the position its in - even the players are deluded about their own ability. The whole club is delusional - from the coach down! Sick of reading and hearing about how we are not far away, a good team, just need to get execution right etc etc. It couldn't be further...
  89. G

Richie Kennar

He did play but was taken off at half time and did not play the second half. Not sure if he picked up an injury but Josh Bergamin came on at right centre. Bergamin scored a try and made a long break but threw an awful pass to no-one when he had three guys lining up to score. Still, showed more...
  90. G

Richie Kennar

Has anyone been watching him play in the Reggies? If so, you might have a different view about whether he deserves to be picked ahead of some others.
  91. G

Bulldogs ISP team have a good win against North Sydney Bears

Frawley didn't play despite being there in the crowd. Young Woolford didn't play either - must have been injured. George Burgess had a run for the Bears - was gassed after playing the whole 1st half.
  92. G

Bulldogs ISP team have a good win against North Sydney Bears

Brenko only played half the game yesterday, didn't look injured at full time so not sure what was going on there. Probably should have won by more - dominant performance from the Dogs and the pack in particular.
  93. G

Bravo Josh Reynolds.

Yes And unfortunately a whole 3 additional years of the Mybe era! What a joke!
  94. G

Montoya v Holland

PS Montoya has the fastest top speed in the club.
  95. G

Montoya v Holland

Montoya has been a revelation. So much better than Holland. Should not be dropped again!
  96. G

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

What do we do about his defensive issues? Hope for the best???
  97. G

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

He may have the attributes and his attack is good no question, but his defence is rubbish and he is being exposed every week!
  98. G

Brad Abbey

I reckon Moses at centre will be a speed hump. Definitely not the answer.