Search results

1. T

Nathan merritt on life support

The story I read said he collapsed while at his Aunties place. Don't think its helpful to speculate on this stuff. There was some mention of him getting concussed in the Koori knockout last weekend though.
  2. T

Nathan merritt on life support

Wow....thats awful news. Always liked Nathan as a player...he came across as such a humble bloke. All the best to him and his family.
  3. T

Official Kyle Turner Passes Away

Very sad news. Wasn't that perennial grub Paul Gallen the one who gave him the neck injury? Seem to remember it was during the All Stars game in 2015? Was never the same after that.
  4. T

Official Gus on Twitter

Ha.....if I was him I'd want to move as far away as possible lol.
  5. T

2023 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

The guy is an absolute machine. One thing I noticed last night was that when he went off for a rest NSW attack started to look clunky again and their middle defence started to fall away.
  6. T

2023 State of Origin Game 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Yep....I kind of felt sorry for the poor bloke. Of all the options he had when Turbo went off Freddy goes for the worst possible one. Hung out to dry is an understatement....He got sold a shit sandwich and was forced to eat it in front of 50K Queenslanders.
  7. T

Yep...how the fuck do you leave Murray on the side line for 45 minutes?
  8. T

The moment that proves what a flog Freddie is was when Cook got the ball one time in the centre of the field and scored untouched. He has to be the stupidest coach in Origin history.
  9. T

My prediction. Freddie will target a couple of scapegoats....probably TPJ and Hudson-Young. Apart from that (and the inclusion of Mitchell) that will be it as far as changes go. After he loses the 2nd one who knows?
  10. T

Crighton did ok but he is not Mitchell. And CG plays on the right so I'd have him as a direct replacement for Turbo who plays more like a 2 stroke lawn mower these days. You are right though.....Fweddie will make very few changes and hence will lose game 2 as well.
  11. T

Hynes/Cleary at 7 and for mine Cody Walker at 6 is a no brainer, especially if Mitchell is back. He might be a total knob head but the guy does stuff in a game that can't be coached. Much harder for Billy to coach against than the robotic Penrith combination.
  12. T

Phil Gould knocked back by Ben Hunt as Bulldogs search for a seven

No it doesn't. But they are in disarray at the moment and their recruitment has been rubbish. Politis will want a quick fix.
  13. T

Phil Gould knocked back by Ben Hunt as Bulldogs search for a seven

Hunt will end up at the Roosters. They will get rid of Sualli and Walker to make room for him.
  14. T

Can Todd payten coach?

Last year was an aberration. They made the top 4 off the back of a piss easy draw as they played the bottom 8 sides twice. Same with the Sharkies. Neither side made it far after that and were bundled out pretty easy. The current system will never be fair until all sides play each other twice or...
  15. T

News Souths on verge of bombshell $3.4m Wighton coup as Bunnies’ trump card revealed —

In the screenshots i saw there was some pretty racist stuff. The media aren't reporting them because they are pretty gross.
  16. T

News Souths on verge of bombshell $3.4m Wighton coup as Bunnies’ trump card revealed —

The thing is he is worth more to Canberra than he is to Souths. At the Raiders he's the main man playing 5/8. At Souths he will be playing left centre. 850K is about right for a top flight centre;. 1.1 million is way overs in my book.
  17. T

If they go down the notional value path they will be opening up a huge can of worms. I can think of heaps of instances where players have allegedly gone to other clubs for less money. Sualli and Cheese for instance both went to the Roosters for less than what was offered to them by their clubs...
  18. T

Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

This is a shit game. Both sides are average.
  19. T

2023 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

They are doing well for the Roster they have but depth was always going to be their downfall. Given an even share of possession.....against the top sides they will always be up against it.
  20. T

2023 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

The dolphins were pretty shit TBH. They had a mountain of possession in the 1st half but could only manage 2 tries...one off a spilled bomb and one soft one from DH. They were never going to win that once possession swung around.
  21. T

Murray Hip Drop

Its about as much a hip drop as Prestons was. Seriously, if we are going to charge tackles like these teams wont be able to field a side the next week because the entire side will be suspended lol
  22. T

2023 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Gees the Roosters have problems. Lose Teddy and they replace him with Manu....if Manu gets injured tonight they replace him with Sualli at the back. So much for a salary cap....the top 3 Fb's in the game all in one back line lol.
  23. T

Burton is overrated.

Burton was crap yesterday but he's not the problem. Could never understand why the Dogs went on a huge spending spree but never bought a decent half back. Flannagan is just not the answer and never has been. He's been playing NRL for a few years now and has never looked anything above reggies...
  24. T

NRL GF TV Ratings Hit an All-Time Low

The ratings were low because no one wants to watch a bunch of mug lair yobbos' win a game that was already a forgone conclusion. To Anyone (bar Penrith fans) who stuck around and watched the post-game presentation...WTF is wrong with you?
  25. T

Cody Walker is a disgrace to the game

Fair point, but if thats the case then why mention you have the audio at all if it doesn't back up your version of events?
  26. T

Penrith are the ones that said they have the full audio....thats certainly not a conspiracy. Why not release it then if its all good? My take on this is that Penrith were lying their asses off....that was quite obvious by the way their story kept changing. First the trainer was saying "Get...
  27. T

So Penrith say....yet they won't release the audio?
  28. T

Dishing out punishment to opposition players on the field is all fine if you are prepared to cop something back for your efforts. The guy carrying the drinks should just shut the fuck up and get off. Seriously, what a lame arsehole that guy is.
  29. T

2022 Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Fist to the face lol. He barely touched him........about as much in that as there was in Radleys a few weeks back. Fuck me people are getting soft.
  30. T

There is a rumour going around that the trainer was encouraging the Panthers players to target Jed Cartwrights back (which he broke playing for Penrith). Not sure if its true or not but if it is I'm surprised Walker didn't punch his lights out lol.
  31. T

John Cartwright has come out and said he wants the trainer banned for life. WTF did he say?
  32. T

This 100% spot on. If you can't win when your opposition completes 50% of its sets then sorry....but you are just crap. Cows were gifted a top 4 spot with a ridiculously soft draw like the Sharkies were. Seriously it was the weakest top 4 in living memory. Parra were lucky the 3 best teams in...
  33. T

South's have the wood on Parra just like Parra have the wood on Penrith. So careful what you wish for lol.
  34. T

Eels win with a 50% completion rate lol. Just goes to show how crap the Cows really are.....soft draw gifted them a top 4 spot. Whoever wins tomorrow are specials, especially if the eels churn out the same pathetic completion rate. It will be over by HT.
  35. T

I'd like to see Souths win as well. It means that I won't have to watch the same Penrith game plan for the 500th time in the GF next week. After that I'm not really fussed one way the other.
  36. T

News Mario Fenech endured Footy Show taunts despite the onset of early dementia

That was fucking hard to watch man. All the best Mario.
  37. T

Opinion Adopt a Rabbit

I'd like to see a GF without Penrith in it. Great side but I find them boring to watch so if they are in it I might not even bother watching.
  38. T

Opinion Adopt a Rabbit

Ilias has actually improved a fair bit over the course of the year, especially with his defense. He's came up with a few great hits over the last 2 games to get the ball back. Needs to work on his kicking game though......should watch videos of "The Chin" during the off season. Making a...
  39. T

2022 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Which means we are probably in for another snooze fest come GF day lol.
  40. T

Neither of these sides are perfect defensively but that is what makes it an entertaining contest. So much better than the boring crap I watched last night.
  41. T

Excellent game...... now this is how all RL games should be. Loving it.
  42. T

Both today's games have been great so far. They are actually entertaining me lol.
  43. T

Way better game than last night's bore fest.
  44. T

Fair enough...I guess it's down to personal preference. They are the best side I've seen for quite some time.... I just find it hard to remain interested in an entire game when they are playing. It may also be partly the oppositions fault as well.... I'd really like to see sides try something...
  45. T

Since he picked up a hamstring injury it may not matter anyway.
  46. T

No... not underestimating their skill at all. They are all very very good. I just feel like when I'm watching them I've seen it all before. If you played last years GF side by side with last nights game, you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart without the jerseys. The only difference was that...
  47. T

Is it just me or does anyone else get bored shitless watching Penrith play? I mean they are a great side but damn....they just about put me to sleep every time I watch them. Every game is the same. Brutal defence followed by a high towering bomb at some point which some poor bastard will drop...
  48. T

Latrell...

Agree...his absence certainly lessened it as a spectacle. As for the booing thing....as much as it was a dumb thing to admit he is affected by it I gotta say I kind of like the honesty. Beats the generic responses we are usually fed by players. And lets face it.....getting booed by 30 thousand...
  49. T

Latrell...

Whatever you personal opinion is of Latrell one thing you can never accuse him of is being boring. There is always a drama with him whether it is good or bad. Personally I am much more likely to watch game where he is playing because you just know something is going to happen that will be in...
  50. T

News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

i agree on the suspension....I would have been happy with 2 weeks personally. NAS should have been suspended as well last week but didn't get charged at all. Nothing to do with Ricky being a total fucknuckle though.
  51. T

News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

No one said that but you know what? Kids say crappy, hurtful things to each other when they are 12. It's not like Jaemon said it last week....it was 12 friggin years ago. Ricky should have got over it by now.
  52. T

Opinion Is Hargreaves right?

Simple solution for JWH....stop hitting people in the head? it wasn't the first time he got pinged in the game and he gets at least one every single match. Seriously, its his own fault he gets picked on. And no....Robbo doesn't have a point at all lol.
  53. T

Is it time to privatise?

If a multi billionaire turned up tomorrow and offered to buy the Club would people be in favour? I mean there are examples already in the NRL I guess who have had varying amounts of success. Manly (up and down), Souths (mostly up since privatization), Newcastle (pretty much a disaster). In...
  54. T

A REAL SAD DAY. END OF AN ERA.

All this love for the Sombrero Roosters is starting to make me physically ill lol.
  55. T

2022 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

JWH is finished as an NRL player. He was totally ineffectual last night. Someone needs to tap him on the shoulder. In fact their entire pack was shit. Got totally owned all night. How the hell were they 1.60 favourites? Just shows how bad Manly are to get flogged by them last week.
  56. T

News NRL news: Unvaccinated players face sack after RLPA and clubs meet

Anti vaxxers are seriously the dumbest people on the planet. I guy I play cricket with is a hard core one. Isn't allowed to play this year because he refuses to get jabbed. The hilarious thing is that this guy smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and has a massive coke habit. But all of a...
  57. T

Big dramas ahead for penrith

Plus the fact that (under the rules) him, the Team and his family shouldn't be mixing with people from outside of Queensland unless they have undergone 2 weeks quarantine. Apparently they all spent the whole night partying together.....so there's your breach right there. He clearly broke the...
  58. T

Big dramas ahead for penrith

The question the NRL will be asking is how they got their tickets and ended up sitting with Nathan's family. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out he knew about it and probably helped them. And it's not the first time he's breached quarantine rules either so he's got form He clearly thinks...
  59. T

News Penrith Panthers investigated for badly damaging NRL trophy

So they should. Shouldn't be mixing with people from NSW while he's in Queensland. Half the St George team got suspended for doing something similar...let's see if they actually do something about it. Ivwont hold my breath.
  60. T

Ha...this will be swept under the rug just like every negative thing involving the Chin. Can't stand that arrogant fuck and his whinging dad.
  61. T

Do what you like....just don't take photos and post them on social media. It's not that hard to understand Einstein.
  62. T

I don't think the fact that they broke is the issue.....trophies get broken accidentally all the time. It's what they did with it afterwards....and then were stupid enough to post the pics.
  63. T

Goo Goo Ga Ga? Seriously? The fact that they found that funny is the biggest worry lol. Even by NRL standards these guys barely register on the IQ scale.
  64. T

The Panthers defense

100% they win. If I'm South's management I'd be pissed. 2 years and has missed 2 finals series.
  65. T

The Panthers defense

Latrell getting suspended really came back to bite them in the ass last night. Taffe got ragdolled all night and spent much of it going backwards. Consequently they couldn't get out of their own end for most of the game. South's need to insert a clause in his contract that if he gets suspended...
  66. T

2021 Round 23 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

One of the most bias refereeing performances I've ever seen from Atkins. The guy is a life member of the Penrith referees association FFS...he shouldn't be anywhere near Panthers games imo as he is incapable of being impartial
  67. T

2021 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Pretty much agree with everything in that article. Interesting though that they have disabled commenting for it......maybe there were too many people bagging out Freddy and the site crashed lol.
  68. T

2021 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

FMD.....has Wighton done anything right yet?
  69. T

COVID-19 - Thread

You'll never increase vaccination rates appealing to people's intelligence because sadly most struggle in the IQ department. How about a vaccination lottery every month.....100K first prize? Watch the anti vaxxers falling over themselves to get the jab then. Or vaccine only pubs and...
  70. T

How is Cody Walker not playing origin 3?

Walker not good at creating for his outside men lol? He's leading the try assists by a long way......Tom would score 6 tries outside walker.
  71. T

News Roosters set to announce two-year deal for teen sensation Walker

And Butcher was a South's junior they pinched.
  72. T

Sam Walker and the Roosters salary cap

Flanagan was only ever a stop gap measure until Walker was ready for the NRL. Also, apart from Friend who else are they losing next year? I know Morris but apparently he is on like 250K or something. At least that's what the Roosters told everyone when he signed lol. When he leaves it will...
  73. T

Sam Walker and the Roosters salary cap

You can tell a mile away which sides are rorting the cap. Its the ones that have zero juniors to speak of but still have marqui players like Sam Walker and Nico-Hines and Sualli sitting in reserve grade just in case. Compare for example the Bunnies roster with the Roosters as they both have...
  74. T

THE ROOSTERS

Crap way to end your career. Mind you the Roosters have a pretty good replacement in Sualli sitting on the bench. Collins is a bigger loss team wise imo. Anyway....feel sorry for Bmoz but not the Roosters. Injuries happen with every footy side and you just have to deal with them as best you can...
  75. T

2021 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Actually according to the stats the Raiders ptb was 0.5 secs faster than the bunnies. So yeah.....He's talking shit. He makes shit up to take the pressure off his own failings as a coach.
  76. T

2021 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Ricky is a serial whinger. It's never his fault apparently....always either the refs or the players not putting in. I mean he basically dropped Papallii and Hodgson so is it any wonder his team is struggling when a significant slice of his cap is sitting on the sideline? That's down to him and...
  77. T

L Mitchell Charged

I think its more the lack of consistency that bugs the hell out of fans. IMO the act was worth a week or 2 on the sidelines....4 weeks is way over the top. Contrast that with how they dealt with the most brutal act I've seen on the footy field in years...Kafusi on Matterson. The victim hasn't...
  78. T

L Mitchell Charged

The only player that gets off last night is Roosters player. I'm shocked. Love to see stats on how many Roosters get their charges downgraded at the the judiciary compared to everyone else.
  79. T

Panthers Arrogance

As has been mentioned...they ain't won nothing yet and choked badly in th GF last year. In fact they were lucky to make it all.....if Latrell had been playing in the PF they most likely get bundled out then. Screw the Panthers.
  80. T

Adam Reynolds

Not sure why he's a wanker. He's s good hb and far as I recall has never been either cited or suspended in 10 years. Unless just being successful is enough to make you a wanker?
  81. T

Hoops: Can we cut the fairytales, Cam? The Storm cheated and got caught. The End.

Seriously Cam's book sounds like the most boring read in history. Who wants to hear about his relationship with Cronk and Bellamy FFS. And we all know they cheated so there's nothing new there. Can't imagine why anyone outside a rabid Storm f would buy it. Hope it tanks spectacularly.
  82. T

News Roosters ask Rabbitohs to release Joseph Suaalii

Yep...that's the Roosters in a nutshell. Seriously, players must be starting to think long and hard before they sign with this mob. Not satisfied with having the best League player in the world, they also want the future best player in the world (supposedly) lol. If they lose Tedesco over this...
  83. T

Word is Teddy is becoming increasingly pissed off with his contract negotiations dragging out.....and he blames the Sualli situation. I wonder if the Roosters will release him.
  84. T

I really don't give a toss one way or the other tbh. Nick Politis is a smart operator but imo his one weakness is his absolute hatred for Souths. Take the Angus Crichton drama....the only reason he paid the guy 900K a year is because he wanted to shaft souths. I mean the guys a decent 2nd rower...
  85. T

Ha....no that's why Politis signed Sualli not why Sualli signed with the Roosters lol. Your very touchy there mate.
  86. T

Well that's kind of my point. The clauses themselves were bogus....they never expected the bunnies (or any club for that matter) to agree to them. He was always going to the Roosters. As to why?...well that's anyone's guess. Probably something to do with half price real estate for his extended...
  87. T

As soon as I heard about those BS get out clauses I started to think "Roosters". They were just a smokescreen to cover up that it was the Roosters chasing him not the ARU. Whats the bet there will be no get out clauses when he signs with them.
  88. T

News NRL star Michael Jennings suspended after positive drug test

There's a rumour 2 more positive tests from another finals team. Just a rumour at this stage.......if true it will blow the 2020 NRL comp out of the water.
  89. T

Great idea. You know I reckon they should just give up testing for performance enhancing drugs altogether.....we could have a "Drug Olympics". Take whatever the hell you like and see who wins lol.
  90. T

Wow...they were already up against it. Huge blow.
  91. T

Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Fair enough. I agree with the culpability angle. I guess the point i'm trying to make is if the judge/court thinks one aspect of her testimony is bollocks then it may cast doubt on other accusations she's made....at least in the courts mind.
  92. T

Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Well i guess she could say that but it doesn't sound all that plausible...not sure if a judge would go for it. I know Bargearse is a complete knob head but I doubt he held a gun to her head and made her drive him. Sounds to me like she was complicit but is now trying to act ignorant in order to...
  93. T

Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

The bit that doesn't make sense to me is if Phoebe Burgess drove him to the garage...wouldn't that mean that she was complicit in the whole thing? Also why should she need someone to tell her what happened to the samples if she was there?
  94. T

Kevvie off to a cracking start!

First thing he should do is turf Milford the million dollar myth.
  95. T

Tanking to change your FATE

The theory makes absolutely no sense for the simple fact that if they wanted to lose they just had to rest the entire side like Melbourne are doing. Why pick your best side minus 2 or 3 players and risk injury and humiliation if your secret goal is to lose the game lol.
  96. T

2020 Round 20 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

It is strange thats for sure...but even if you run a little flat for one game no coach in their right mind wants to get 60 put on them one week out from the finals. If it was a plan to run dead it has back fired stupendously. How the hell do you get your confidence back after a capitulation like...
  97. T

2020 Round 20 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Is Klein the worst ref in history? FMD You'd get more decisions right tossing a coin.
  98. T

News Joseph Suaalii

The whole thing is bizarre. What club agrees to a get out clause every year for 5 years....you'd have other clubs throwing money at him every November.
  99. T

'Didn't they get stripped of points?': Ivan Cleary questions Bulldogs' streak record

Damn...this guy is really starting to get on my nerves. Such an arrogant tosser.....cant stand the bloke or his ugly offspring.