Search results

1. CMP

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

The Fox of old might have scored. When was the last time you saw Fox back himself? Last year he started cutting back inside and taking the tackle. Then kicked off the Parramatta game with the one chance he got by not backing himself. I’m not getting the knives out for Fox but he is not the...
  2. CMP

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

I was pushing for Xerri from the start but watching him in Reggies he hasn’t helped himself with some of his defensive reads. Whenever Fox is back I would have Taaffe at 7 and Tracey at 1. This won’t happen as CC doesn’t make unforced changes ever.
  3. CMP

Let's talk about our defense.

Second phase play will be our biggest killer. At the backend of both the Parra & Sharks game it was our inability to shut the ball down that saw us on the back foot with holes in our defensive line. That being said particularly the Parra game everything the through out the back found a player...
  4. CMP

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Getting an even share of possession and field position is the key. For years now our poor discipline and errors see us defending and burning energy early. Then having nothing left in the tank later in games. Yes getting back to back try’s helps but we need to be able to win the arm wrestle in...
  5. CMP

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

How long since we kept a team to zero at all? Belmore was 1996 but I can’t remember the last time this happened at any ground.
  6. CMP

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

This won’t be the first Food Friday game that Mitchell comes into not playing well. He seems to find form in this game. i really hope the club have put in an official request to make this game a Sutton free game. It’s an absolute rort how the Suttons are in control of this game every year.
  7. CMP

News NRL drops referee

Whether it’s a deliberate premeditated choice or a subconscious decision made on the fly by referees. The 50/50 calls will always be at least 70/30 to the better team. If the team expected to win does win. The talk of any bad calls made against the lesser team post match is much less than if...
  8. CMP

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Reality is we very rarely play more than 40-50 minutes. If we don’t get early points and at least a 50% possession in the first half. Our mistakes and dumb football will catch-up on us late in the game.
  9. CMP

How many wins will we have by round 10?

Agree we were much better for a lot of the game on Friday. The game goes for 80 minutes and we will always get the rough end of the 50-50 calls until we can step up and take that out of the equation. I think we are definitely showing a resolve in defence. Which is a big attitude improvement...
  10. CMP

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

Xerri will come in at right centre Wilson & Kiraz on the wing. Crichton to stay at left centre. Is how I think CC will roll. I would bring in Xerri for Fox, Burton left centre, Crichton right centre & Wilson right wing. I think Kiraz still isn’t right.
  11. CMP

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

I have no problem with this. However some of the off-season spent at fullback would have been needed. He is too lazy off the ball to last a full game at fullback currently. Let’s be honest. When the team gets announced tomorrow it will be the same team picked as last week. With injuries the...
  12. CMP

Agree!This is exactly what will happen.
  13. CMP

6. Hutch 7. Sexton
  14. CMP

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Tracey to replace him this week. Sexton to 7 Taaffe to play 7 in Reggie’s. His confidence and issues at Fullback will not be there playing half back.
  15. CMP

News Half chance: Hutchison finally gets first shot at No.7 jersey

Kikau is not a bodyguard type defender. He is a solid defender but lacks the lateral movement to be covering a weak defender. Agree Preston is better on the Left. Has Kikau ever played on the right? I think both Kikau & Burton both left side players that don’t know where the right side is. The...
  16. CMP

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

This was my only thought of optimism for this season. It was clear that we are short in the middle and lack quality in the halves. I have been hoping that a different approach, a different style would have been developed in the offseason. The trial against the Sharks showed no signs of it...
  17. CMP

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

It’s frustrating that he doesn’t actually process what has happened on the field in any press conference. He is a glass is always full kind of guy. Until he takes a good look at what happens and starts addressing glaring deficiencies. Nothing is going to change. How he can come into every...
  18. CMP

Our general footy IQ hasn’t changed one bit. Until our big money players play to their value we are in for a long season.
  19. CMP

I don’t realistically see us breaking into the 8 this season. Being competitive is what I do want to see. Last year going into games just hoping we can get with in 30 points is not how I want to see my team! Wanting it more than the other team. Doing the basics well, being disciplined and...
  20. CMP

Sexton doesn’t need to be quick to be considered quick when comparing him to Hutch. There is the age old question that never gets answered. “Who is the quickest player in the NRL?” If there was a race to determine the slowest player in the NRL. Hutch would be odds on in the betting.
  21. CMP

Defence is the reason for sure. Sexton whilst not a world beater is the better option in almost every other aspect. I guess CC has to make this call based on our defensive atrocities from last season. Burton is also a big body also but defensively deficient. I think Sexton misses out on the...
  22. CMP

He gets more media attention by not being picked. I really hope we put it together on Saturday and start the season well. Some of CC’s selections for me are a concern. He seems to make the same sort of selection errors over and over and doesn’t learn from the mistakes. He is loyal to his...
  23. CMP

Opinion Red hot reggies

Tracey will slot in somewhere, Oloapu is a next season at best proposition & Fifita is a depth signing at best.
  24. CMP

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

I just hope there is a mystery game plan that wasn’t exposed in the trials. That bench is way too light.
  25. CMP

I think the topic of Crichton at fullback conversation has glossed over the fact he clearly isn’t 100% fit. The fact he only played 20 minutes in a trial is a bit alarming. He is clearly still carrying his quad problem. Which totally rules any chance of him playing fullback with the extra work...
  26. CMP

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

I think the SST boat has sailed. Even if he was fit and ready to go. I don’t think he would be interested in coming here.
  27. CMP

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated (Update)

Outside of his Debut game. Point me in the direction of another NRL game to watch, where he played centre and was any better than average? I really hope he proves me wrong but Kiraz is a winger not a centre.
  28. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

I really hope I am proven wrong on the Kiraz to centre thing. If he gets picked there. I have never seen anything in him other than on the wing. I would have all the below guys ahead of him at centre: Crichton Xerri Tracey Burton Samrani Clark
  29. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

Most people can see this Mahoney shouldn’t be playing 80 minutes. But unless the coach can see it. (I’m not convinced he does) Nothing will change. I am just be a punter in the crowd and not a coach at every training session. Whilst I agree with the concept of being a good trainer with a good...
  30. CMP

If Tracey plays it will be at fullback for Taaffe. I can’t see them picking Tracey anywhere without a run under his belt. Xerri had done enough to be picked at centre along side Crichton. Crichton is carrying a quad injury so the likelihood of him picking up the extra workload at fullback. To...
  31. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

It’s not a matter of getting them the ball as quick as possible. It’s a case of playing straight, going deep into the line prepared to be hit. Ball in both hands attracting defenders giving the outside men space to work with. The halves need to show courage.
  32. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

That is close. But the bench is way too light.
  33. CMP

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

I agree with Reed not being an 80min option to be effective. Whether it be Mann or someone else in the 14. I hope the coach can step out of his set ways and see this himself. Giving him the break he needs. It will never happen but I actually think Reed would be best used as the biggest minute...
  34. CMP

Opinion Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha ?

Benjamin Te Kura playing for Brisbane tonight also looks promising. Although he is locked up for a 3 years. But not likely to see first grade at the Broncos.
  35. CMP

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Because we have no size or quality in the middle. We are going get dominated through the middle again this year and there is nothing our star backline will be able to do unfortunately. As for the game plan. We are playing a bog standard game plan. With it being plainly clear we are very...
  36. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

1. Taaffe (not great last night but Tracey clearly isn’t ready. Crichton only playing 20m to me says he isn’t ready for fullback either.) 2. Wilson (get Kiraz 100% fit first) 3. Xerri 4. Crichton 5. Fix 6. Burton (still not convinced he has it. But nobody else is really jumping out) 7. Sexton...
  37. CMP

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

It’s a trial game. Whoever starts doesn’t really matter. I’m sure on most of the positions that are up for grabs will be shared about. Curran and Salmon, Hutch and Sexy etc. they will all probably get 40min each to show their stuff.
  38. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

Based on Salmon’s game last week. If he maintains that form against the sharks this week. I think injuries aside Curran & Salmon will rotate between starting at 13 and bench through the season. Both can cover back row to give Kiks & Preston a breather. Which could leave Mann in tough spot. I...
  39. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

I don’t mind this team. The only change I would make would be Kautoga play him as a middle in the place of Knight.
  40. CMP

Opinion UNLOCK THE FOXX

The single biggest benefit to improving Burton’s game is for him to run straight. His first movement is always sideways. Shortening up the attack. Playing direct and straight is the key to creating space. Burton more than most could really benefit from working on playing straight and providing...
  41. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

Agree! this is the best combination option for the TEAM. But unfortunately other factors and factions don’t agree and will persist with the experiment until it works, or it’s too late and another season goes past us by the time it’s recognised. I think this would see Crichton pushed to...
  42. CMP

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

I don’t think Kiraz will play in the Trial. Hopefully fit for round 1. On the Wing! He is Out and out winger not a centre! Show me a game he has ever played at centre where he was better than average. Why is everyone so obsessed with moving him from a position he excels at. To play a position...
  43. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

I do rate Wilson. His only downside is his lack of game awareness. A natural ability of reading the play, is an almost a given in players that make it to grade, let alone NRL level. So it’s not something people talk about. For me it’s super noticeable that Wilson’s ability to think outside of...
  44. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

I think Wilson’s only real chance is if Kiraz still has fitness/injury issues and is not ready. Tracey has the same concerns and I think he will miss out regardless. I also think Tracey is ahead of Wilson in the pecking order. Without injuries. The likes of Wilson & Skeleton will be spending...
  45. CMP

Missing Piece of the Puzzle

Tyrell May from what I understand had a good offer on the table from us. He stalled holding out for something better. Showing no will or desire to come. I don’t care how good a player is. If they don’t want to be a Bulldog and buy in as a Bulldog. We don’t want them. The May boat has sailed!
  46. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

I think this is close to the mark. Agree on Tracey. He would have been in pole position for the fullback spot for round if not injured. The fact Taaffe has trained and played well there on Thursday. Also makes it a more likely he will get the nod.
  47. CMP

Reeds biggest problem is he tries to hard. He is absolute quality that just needs some friendly coaching advise. I think everyone watching can see he overplays his hand too often. Everyone can see he needs a breather for his game to be at its best. I’m not sure the coaching sees either of...
  48. CMP

The bomb is only good when he lands it in the right place. His bomb is hard to defend when the opponent doesn’t know where it’s going. The issue is Burton has no clue where it’s going either. His Bomb should be used very sparingly imo. I also think Crichton will be playing right side. Xerri...
  49. CMP

I agree with the captaincy thing. I don’t see it as an age thing though. From what I see Burton isn’t a captain personality. He certainly shouldn’t have the captaincy to worry about on any level. I think the Ben Hunt reference is a good one showing what Burton lacks. Even when Hunt is in a...
  50. CMP

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Agree finding the right team early before the season has slips away is important. CC Making what might be tough decisions on what is actually happening on the field. Not looking at names or reputations.
  51. CMP

Your Round 1 Team?

Whether or not they’re the best selections. JAC will be the first winger picked. Burton will be 6. This is a given. Curran & Salmon will swap out the lock spot looking at it. Curran isn’t a Prop. Hutch & Sexy are both different styles of players. However having two lefties in the halves isn’t...
  52. CMP

Our Future looks good.

Agree the backs will sort themselves out. Whether they are all ready for the week in week out riggers on the NRL I’m not sure. But the second line on Props coming through was encouraging to see. Before last night I had King, Knight & Hughes inked in with a lottery for who else filled the...
  53. CMP

Opinion Anasta and Ennis: We’re back!

The key is going to be how we bring these guys through. There is one thing having a good crop of juniors. However selecting the right players to bring through at the right time is critical.
  54. CMP

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

After watching us for the last few years. Saying we should beat anyone comfortably doesn’t resonate with me. Trial or not. I just want a solid team performance where everyone puts in. With no injuries.
  55. CMP

New Classic Polo’s

The club don’t want to pay for Shirts to be made. The sponsors pay to have the shirts produced and then some. The club then sell them for 100% profit. It’s nowhere near as appealing for the club to organise and pay for the shirts themselves.
  56. CMP

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

They don’t waste the Sutton Brothers on us in a trial that doesn’t matter
  57. CMP

Liverpool stadium

The surrounding infrastructure is more important than the actual stadium. Location, Location, Location. A stadium cannot just be put up without public transport, parking and surrounding roads able to cope. So the costs associated with that make it prohibitive. The Stadium itself is the cheap...
  58. CMP

News Coaches Under Pressure-CAMERON CIRALDO - Bulldogs

The Warriors roster was way better than ours going into the season. On top of this our already average roster got hammered with injuries. We used something like 36 players last year due to a massive casualty list. A lot of the injuries were to key players for big chunks of the season. Getting...
  59. CMP

The Warriors roster was way better than ours going into the season. On top of this our already average roster got hammered with injuries. We used something like 36 players last year due to a massive casualty list. A lot of the injuries were to key players for big chunks of the season. Getting...
  60. CMP

Exactly this! As long as he has the ability to learn from some short comings he had last year. He will improve year on year. Or will be gone with a tidy payout.
  61. CMP

News Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward

He was playing busted for the majority of last year. He kept putting his hand up to play because of serious player shortage. To say he was ordinary is true but looking at the complete picture. There were huge reasons for this. Lock Him up now Gus. A fit King will be massive for us this year.
  62. CMP

News Taaffe gets first crack at Bulldogs’ No.1; Schuster’s return bid as Manly rest stars: Rd 1 Team Tips

We need to get the team balance correct first and foremost. With HIA now embedded in the game. You cannot afford to have three middles on the bench. Whether it’s Salmon or someone else we need one of our utilities on the bench to cover edge backrow and potentially centre. Our middle strength...
  63. CMP

Connor Tracy

I think if Tracey didn’t arrive injured. Taaffe would have spent a fair bit more time training at 7 this offseason. With questions on Crichton at Fullback they needed another fullback option ready to go. Taaffe was it. By all reports has done really well there. Enough to allow Crichton to...
  64. CMP

NRL $200m USA TV Rights

I think at some level they should be reinvesting some of this into a local US league. Without people playing the game even at a low level. The game will struggle to get a hold of the people. Even watching on TV.
  65. CMP

Rumour Makahesi makatoa

I loved Reece when he was with us but his defence wasn’t good enough for NRL years ago. Which is why he was let go back then. I doubt the Super League has improved this much.
  66. CMP

Connor Tracy

Whatever team we start with. I just hope that CC makes any adjustments when/if required. Hopefully he has learnt from his glacial speed he set last season with the likes of Perham.
  67. CMP

Connor Tracy

Burton might be one of those big bodies you talk about in the halves. Talking about shoring up the defence? Burton is a big body for a half but his defence is hardly his strong suit.
  68. CMP

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

The Salary Cap is a myth. The way it can “legally” be rorted with the NRL having no appetite to fix it. Firstly I will say if any player doesn’t want to be a Bulldog. If they are stalling and playing games. I don’t care who they are. Or what we need. They should have their offer pulled and move...
  69. CMP

News Four years in the NRL wilderness... now a Dogs lifeline has ‘comeback kid’ ready to explode

He played on the wing to start the season for the first 6-7 games before getting hurt. He carved them up and actually lead the DallyM’s He played a few games later in the year at centre and was ordinary. Nothing showed me Kiraz should be our centre.
  70. CMP

News Four years in the NRL wilderness... now a Dogs lifeline has ‘comeback kid’ ready to explode

Crichton is the first Centre picked if indeed he is picked at centre agree. Xerri would need to be way off the pace to not be ahead of Kiraz at centre. I think there would be three or four options at centre before Kiraz plays centre. Kiraz is an out and out winger. Returning the ball, dummy...
  71. CMP

Opinion Pre Season Training

What does it matter? It’s a trial The better the players in the opposition. The more of a reality check to everyone where we are placed going into the season making adjustments where possible before we are playing for competition points.
  72. CMP

If Terrel isn’t part of the deal and it’s only Taylan then that would be one of the worst business decisions Gus has ever made.
  73. CMP

Opinion Sam Hughes

What exactly didn’t impress you with him last year? Every opportunity he was given last year he was impressive and showed a lot of promise. In what was otherwise a powderpuff pack.
  74. CMP

Are they really doing quick ball movement? This has been my worry from the few clips I have seen from training. I saw a clip from panthers training the other day and they look fast and crisp everyone in full speed motion. What I have seen from us (in what are literally short clips) Is...
  75. CMP

Official RFM granted immediate release

Who ffs? There isn’t even any reserve grade options out there.
  76. CMP

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

Agree about NSW Cup holding little importance on the riggers of NRL. If it’s a young bloke coming up from Flegg, where they have been playing against their own age group. Is where Cup is useful in development, playing against Men as a stepping stone is definitely useful. Getting a player who...
  77. CMP

Unless it’s very cheap and it’s the Key to getting his brother I have no problem. Agree he wouldn’t be a walk up start in our current roster. I think out of the current outside backs Perham & Skelton are the only players not contracted for 2025 so there isn’t much room for him.
  78. CMP

Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

I hope he starts with Hughes & King with Knight and Who knows as the other prop on the bench.
  79. CMP

Opinion Burton will be a top 3 half in the NRL in 2024

Steve Mortimer was a great or our club. Him and Stero were standouts of their era. For the time he played he would have been considered great. That being said you cannot compare eras. If you are talking top 10 of all time in any position. If you are realistic everyone of them is a modern day...
  80. CMP

It all depends on how easy you declare someone a great? What your judgment is. I consider greatness something very few achieve. The immortal system is the closest it gets. Only the greats make immortal status. Will Cronk ever be an immortal?
  81. CMP

JT & Joey for me sit head and shoulders above anyone else to ever play the game. Not just looking at stats either. Cleary will leapfrog them both.
  82. CMP

Top 10 is about right. My version of great is the best of the best top 3 of all time. Which I don’t think he is. He never played in a team that wasn’t stacked.
  83. CMP

Are you blind to the teams he was in? Cameron Smith a certain future immortal ran the show at Melbourne for Cronks whole time there. He was part of the puzzle no question but not the main man. I’m not saying he wasn’t good but great? You have a lesser standard to me if Cronk is a considered...
  84. CMP

Cronk isn’t in the conversation for greatness. Joey & JT certainly are. Cleary will be better than all of them by the time he calls it a day.
  85. CMP

JT excelled when playing with a rabble. Cronk never played in a team that wasn’t full of internationals. And wasn’t the dominant player in any team except his stint with the Roosters.
  86. CMP

Agree to disagree. JT did it all over a full career mostly with an ordinary team. Cronk only came alive half way through his career. Alway played with star studded teams. No comparison when you talk of total dominance.
  87. CMP

JT is miles ahead of Cronk. Cronk wasn’t considered elite until half way through his career.
  88. CMP

If he keeps going the way he has been so far in his career. Cleary will be be the GOAT by a long way at retirement.
  89. CMP

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

Haha exactly! There is nothing to write so let’s just write some dribble with nothing to add. No inside info. Just a guy sitting at a desk with no knowledge just writing what he thinks.
  90. CMP

Let's Trot with Burton

I don’t see anything that screams anything near captain with him. Either on the field or whenever he speaks off the field. I think this decision was made to sure up the upgraded contract and keep the kid with endless potential happy. In some ways I think having a leadership role has hampered...
  91. CMP

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Looking at what our squad makeup looks like. I would assume every attempt possible has been made to lure some of these fringe middles from other clubs. When players are contracted it’s not that simple to manufacture deals. It would seem however we haven’t had any success. With the clubs...
  92. CMP

I think that is who he is though. He isn’t and has never been a good trainer. The issue I have is he is a senior player that younger players look at to see what preparation and training levels and standards are required. In contrast I think Crichton is the opposite to this. Does extras on his...
  93. CMP

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

CC all but confirmed Crichton will start the season at centre the other day. He said his number one focus is getting the balance right across the team. Crichton is a better centre than fullback & Tracey is a better fullback than centre. That being said I think Tracey misses out on fullback at...
  94. CMP

Offer Made (May)

I think he will have a great season in NSW Cup. He is only young and it’s hard to tell if he will step up or not. He destroyed everything at age footy with brut power. Against Men his game style was ineffective last year. His defence, both technique and positioning is also well below par for...
  95. CMP

The Bulldogs Round 1 team as selected by The Kennel

It depends on what you’re talking about when you say centre? When it comes to players that could actually play centre we have several options. If your talking centres that would make it into most other NRL teams we are thin on the ground. We only have two maybe three that fall into the quality...
  96. CMP

Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

It’s a two year deal. He is 17 so more than likely won’t see any NRL action under this current deal. This signing doesn’t have any effect on NRL signings in the forwards. As much as everyone agrees we need some quality in the middle.
  97. CMP

Offer Made (May)

How long have you got? This is an argument that everyone agrees with, but nobody has the balls to stand up and make the change. Like most things related to players. The players association needs to stay relevant so they make stupid demands. Then NRL aren’t interested in the fight. A month...
  98. CMP

The Bulldogs Round 1 team as selected by The Kennel

I hope at the very least Xerri gets more minutes than most in the Trials. I generally hold little importance on the results in trials. Results rarely reflect the season proper once it starts. This year however I feel the trials will be ultra important for us. Getting the combinations and...
  99. CMP

Offer Made (May)

This is the only way we should sign him. We don’t want/need his brothers. I would be happy to sign him on slight overs. For the fact he would help fill what is a glaring deficiency in our squad. With not many other options out there.