Search results

1. B

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

For a start i wasn't implying Hutchison is playing better than Burton .... just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses and suggesting the coaching staff obviously think their vastly different styles complement the team more than other combinations. Hutchison has played all six...
  2. B

Nothing to do with blind faith mate ....
  3. B

HUH ??? ...
  4. B

Not talking one game .... and i'm stating the fact that the coaching staff know more than you do.
  5. B

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

His last game in reserves was top notch as well .... give him space and his blistering pace is very hard to handle. Meaney who is no slouch himself was all at sea trying to defend him ...
  6. B

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Good win in Ball .... very good attacking display .... 5 wins in a row scoring at least 40 points ..... Really like the additions of Fing and Tatupu .... Backrowers Alatini and Spinks are a force .... Halves directed the show beautifully .... big futures. Not sure if intensity was down due...
  7. B

So, i can only assume all the punters on here bagging Hutchison honestly believe they are smarter than CC and the coaching staff .... Delusion runs deep amongst the usual suspects who must have a scapegoat .... It's Perham, Flannagan, JMK, Jackson, Waddell etc ... all over again ...
  8. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Obviously not fully fit .... has carried a quad injury since pre-season.
  9. B

Come on mate we have defensive gurus on this site who know EVERTHING about the systems in place .... Rember all the CC is an assistant and CC can't coach defense calls .... HAHAHA
  10. B

Fair enough, but CC and the coaching staff obviously see things differently to you as well .... At least for the time being.
  11. B

Or we are even better than most think .... We have a very physical defense ...
  12. B

Burton is a half

You have been sitting on that comment for months .... just biding your time .... haha gotta laugh. I can promise you Hutch and Sexton WAS very much being considered by the coaching staff over the pre season .... Hardly hilarious ... You see it's the little things like Burtons three momentum...
  13. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Pretty much ditto for me as well mate :laughing: .... Fucken hell ....
  14. B

Hutchison obviously has some warts but at least he straightens the play, often poking his nose through the line and gets quick play the balls .... Very good defensively most of the time and kicks 0K in general play .... He is a decent enough player until someone better comes along ....
  15. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

The first half was brilliant both in attack and defensively .... plenty of positives to work with moving forward. It was 18 nil before they were down to 12 ... Second half was always going to be difficult even against 12 .... winning is still a long way from being ingrained in us yet. Most...
  16. B

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Probably right on all points mate ..... a real cumulative effect. He most definitely overplays some ...
  17. B

As with all things United ..... who the fuck knows? ... it's amateur hour from top to bottom ... Mate my blood pressure is through the roof after watching my teams play today .... can hardly type !
  18. B

Yep .... we are a mid-table club at present and it should be a lot worse .... we have been dominated in every game this season bar a few .... Unless the whole joint is blown up, we will remain rubbish ..... I would rather get relegated with a team of kids than watch another minute of this...
  19. B

That's why i want everyone bar a few of our kids fucked off ....
  20. B

Been happening for years mate ....
  21. B

Please .... i hate looking at him ...
  22. B

Just watched the game .... I mentioned last week how much of a mind fuck United are to follow after conceding less than a minute after scoring for the umpteenth time this season .... this week 3-2 up with a minute of injury time to go .... Fuck me .... I'm numb .... If The Dogs get screwed in...
  23. B

If we get Southgate i'm becoming a Wimbledon supporter .... Do they still have a team ???
  24. B

As i said before mate i have no clue .... I love Mourinho the personality but think his time may be up .... What i would like to see is United going young, just blow it all up .... Appoint someone who is good with youth ... Klopp ??? ... :grinning::grinning::grinning:
  25. B

Can't disagree sadly ... I can only hope the new part- ownership can change things ..... it's all i got at the moment ... Not holding my breath though ...
  26. B

Please mate .... i don't want to contemplate that we are worse now compared to when Ole was in charge ...:rage::rage::rage:
  27. B

I'm still spewing mate .... more so after watching a replay .. We should have won by twenty .... combination of average footy and some sort of curse hanging over us .... we can't get a bounce let alone a 50/50 call from upstairs .... Can you imagine how i feel having to watch United later on...
  28. B

I feel your pain regarding the most overrated player in Bulldogs history as well mate .... i really do.. Would like to have been a fly on the wall in your joint when Burton and Salmon were fucking things up ... What a piece of ball playing that was !!!
  29. B

I have no fucking clue who i would bring in mate. ... unless there is a massive cleanout i don't think it matters. The funny thing with Ten Hag was you could see something initially but as seems to happen to all of our coaches it goes rapidly downhill. I backed him for as long as i did because...
  30. B

Me neither .... shows how fragile and soft the club is. No desperation whatsoever ..... pathetic. Was hoping for a lift after the FA cup result .... but we were worse than ever .... I genuinely dislike certain players .... watching games at present is an odd experience for me.
  31. B

Following United has to be the greatest MIND FUCK of all time .... On the verge of the most underserved win of all time and what do we do .... concede within a minute of scoring for the umpteenth time this season. These players are SOFT .... keep the kids and fuck the rest off .... coach...
  32. B

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Agree about number 15 he was really good ..... made an impact from his first touch. Know anything about him ??? Had to look twice at Matelle (sp) thought TPJ had returned. Tia has a FANTASTIC kicking game ..... very well might be the best at the club .... i thought he was the Roosters best...
  33. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

I can think of three this year alone ... Saab in Vegas which was missed/ covered up, Tedesco, the wide angle shot clearly showed him look at Teddy before kneeing him in the head... to know one's surprise that angle was only shown ONCE. Fox on Friday when the fat prick once again looked before...
  34. B

Payback 100 years in the making

Cheers mate .... much appreciated.
  35. B

Payback 100 years in the making

Only converted 11 from 19 tries .... could have easily cracked the ton. Does anyone know if we have bought the best under 19's talent with a view to playing in the main competition next season or we just have a gigantic team steamrolling smaller girls. They have scored 468 points and conceded...
  36. B

News Preston Injured

Seems as if all that "duty of care" dialogue from the NRL last week has been forgotten by all and sundry .... Any hit to the head, no matter if accidental has been deemed a penalty, unless it happens to us ..... Funny that !
  37. B

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Yeah, he is scary fast ..... i think he was only going at three quarters for that last try and still made them look pedestrian. Set up three tries showing good hands/instincts as well .... Defense was always going to be the hardest part of his game to get up to scratch .... More decision...
  38. B

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

The standard of officiating has become embarrassingly bad .... and that is coming from a very low bar before the season started ... CC complaining last week resulted in the little red headed prick issuing 3-9 penalties and every 50/50 against, despite us winning 32-0. The same little red...
  39. B

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

You champion Rashford ...:laughing:
  40. B

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Fucking Rashford ....
  41. B

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

Backrow for sure .... appears to be pretty willing and has the required size.
  42. B

News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

Centers often have to deal with numbers and their decision making to slide or jam is crucial. We were shocking in that area last season with Alamoti in particular constantly being found out.
  43. B

News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

I think it is making a comeback of sorts .... Not that long ago it was a glamour position with some of the best players of all time playing there.
  44. B

I'm sure some of the NRL refs like getting their mugs on tv.
  45. B

Just doing a little research on SLOAN ... he had SIX clubs chasing him ..... Indigenous u/15's team last year .... I had never heard of him until two weeks ago. Need to spend more time on this part of TK where all the smart people are :D I doubt there is a better front row pairing in the Matts...
  46. B

Yeah, those two backrowers were terrific .... it looks a very well balanced team. Spot on about the ref, he let it flow without all the nit picking stuff we often see.
  47. B

Just finished watching The Matts game .... what a demolition job our forwards performed on Penrith. Rarely have i seen a Penrith junior team so overmatched .... some of those tries from us were five-star quality. Whole team were excellent .... Halves directed the side around with plenty of...
  48. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Agree about the jersey ..... we need those famous blue shoulder saddles back.
  49. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Thanks Wendy :grinning:
  50. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

What were you thinking @Tassie Devil ?? I'm only surprised he didn't hit the crossbar .... dude must be the unluckiest footballer on the planet as far as hitting the woodwork goes.
  51. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Me neither :worried: What were you thinking when Darwin lobbed the keeper rather than squaring it to Jota ? .... haha
  52. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Still ...... you get the drift.
  53. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I thought Alverillo was good in attack and average defensively .... CC was in a pretty bad position for a rookie coach last season .... i am 100% behind him.
  54. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Come on mate .... you have played high level sport. You know lots of variables and intangibles go into the selection of teams, that the average fan is not aware of.
  55. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Thing is mate, there a reasons behind decisions that you are not privy to .... everything isn't black or white.
  56. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I'm a little confused .... are you referring to the Polly who posts on TK ?
  57. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

That's one situation and in hindsight you are correct .... however, Perham was third in meters gained in the entire NRL whilst playing fullback. With Fox, Averillo, and Alamoti part of a back five, and a team in general lacking go forward, i can understand the logic behind playing him even if...
  58. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Where do you get this 2 months+ stuff ? ... last season was a vastly different situation .... We actually have options this season.
  59. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

That's harsh ... I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. What is it about him that you dislike so much ?
  60. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Fair enough .... time will tell guess. I think the team that starts the season will be different than the team that finishes it both in terms of personal and positions.
  61. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

He may or may not be the answer at fullback, but he is far removed from being a plodder .... at least not by my definition.
  62. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I thought Taaffe's passing game was a little off the other night but overall, i thought he went well .... chalk it up to playing with new teammates for the first time. He definitely has the ability to get on the outside of his man .... i can envision a few show and goes down the track .... was...
  63. B

Connor Tracy

Very happy with that performance ... thought the defense was dominant the entire game ... Initial contact was great. Burton and Mahoney were still clunky and indecisive at times .... Burton will never be a natural ball player, so he had better up his running game if he is to remain at 5/8...
  64. B

Connor Tracy

Great post mate.
  65. B

News Player who walked out

It's his parents who are forcing the issue .... last i heard Jackson was looking for employment.
  66. B

Any thoughts on why Matt's have been poor in the second half two weeks running ?? They appear a big, explosive team .... fitness??
  67. B

I have seen him play both sides .... might just be easing him in against bigger bodies as he is young for the grade. Was our best forward in Matt's in my opinion.
  68. B

Great effort from the boys ..... at 16 nil the season was well and truly on the line.
  69. B

Connor Tracy

There has to be a reason why he hasn't played more first grade in the past ..... i know he has had injuries and decent players in front of him but i have always thought his defense was a little suspect.
  70. B

Feel good News Article - Mahoney

Whatever floats you boat mate.
  71. B

HAHA I seriously doubt that mate .... but thanks.
  72. B

You are getting a bit carried away aren't you mate? Some of us simply didn't like the interview .... get over it.
  73. B

I have to admit i wasn't happy with the comments, and not for the first-time concerning Reed. To ramble on with some of that stuff was fucking ridiculous.
  74. B

Trial v Sharks

Geez ... Norths are now with The Storm. These affiliations seem to change every other season.
  75. B

Trial v Sharks

I'm hanging out as well.
  76. B

Many years ago, we signed the captain of New Guinea, Bal Numapo, he was regarded as their greatest player. He blew everyone away at training .... fastest and strongest player by a street ... Bullfrog was chuffed thinking he had found a real gem. Only problem was he was from the "highlands" and...
  77. B

Absolutely ..... it really does play a big role with young players. Weatherall Stacey, a standout from last season was the last of many who have succumbed to homesickness.
  78. B

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

The Entertainers were great footballers as opposed to the athletes we see these days .... eyes up footy with the confidence to let the ball sing. Mark Hughes was a very underrated player.
  79. B

News ‘Chopping and changing’: Burton’s big call on Dogs’ halves mystery as new recruit shines

I hope you are right, and Burton can figure it out .... perhaps Jason Taylor can unlock him. We differ in that you rate his performances thus far at The Dogs a LOT higher than i do ... Fair enough. Definitely not being scapegoated by me .... Some pretty good footballing minds outside of TK...
  80. B

Massive game next week for SG Ball against Newcastle who defeated Canberra by 50. Will be played in stinking hot Cessnock ... Penrith at Penrith the following week. The draw has done us no favors ... Not writing us off in SG Ball but the signs are ominous .... Fortunately, Woods and co will...
  81. B

News ‘Chopping and changing’: Burton’s big call on Dogs’ halves mystery as new recruit shines

This will be his fourth season in first grade .... has played SOO, represented Australia and won a competition with Penrith. Burton is running out of time and excuses ... it is this season or bust as a 5/8 for The Dogs in my view. The strength of our team is our outside backs ... they need to...
  82. B

He might have X Factor as you say but how well do players around him perform .... i would suggest he doesn't bring people into the game as a 5/8 should. He is the Marcus Rashford of the NRL .... capable of brilliant moments only to go into his shell for the rest of the game.
  83. B

Not established in first grade but .... Burton has been a 5/8 his entire life .... his season in the centers was the exception and just also happened to be his BEST season albeit in a great team. He played all throughout Penrith's junior system and NSW under 19's as a 5/8 and had massive...
  84. B

Would not be surprised .... Hutch was signed as a 5/8 option who can cover half .... not as a utility. JT was keen to bring him across from Norths/Easts.
  85. B

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

Agree .... And put the game to bed with one of the greatest tries ever scored ... I can remember going berserk with my dad and uncles on the SCG hill like it was yesterday. Totally changed the way The Bulldogs were perceived. We became one of the big teams. UNFORGETTABLE.
  86. B

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

With young Hughes number three on the depth chart we desperately need some bodies. Hopefully between Patolo, Suluka and Faamausili ( who has been a surprise and had a terrific pre-season ) we can find a solid number four. That gives us six props in total all fighting for their football careers...
  87. B

Opinion Sam Hughes

Toughness was a poor choice of words .... Just the weekly grind against more seasoned bodies, especially with how little footy he has played concerns me a little .... agree about the pressure. I'm hoping like everyone else he lives up to the wraps and becomes a mainstay of our team moving...
  88. B

Opinion Sam Hughes

Having a big motor with some size is a good start .... hopefully he has the toughness to match up against the seasoned hardheads.
  89. B

Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

Biggest takeaway was that finally someone stated the fact that CC, who MANY have ignorantly said can't coach (defensively) INVENTED the fabled Penrith system. Our defensive woes of last season were a combination of a new system being implemented, injuries and much more importantly, a group of...
  90. B

Opinion Pre Season Training

Last 5 games under Potter. LOST - 14/28 - Cowboys. LOST - 18/42 - Warriors. LOST - 6/42 - Parramatta. LOST - 0/16 - Cronulla. WON - 21/20 - Manly.
  91. B

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

I am hoping Burton is playing outside Kiks in the centers.
  92. B

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

I'm hoping Burton's season depends on how well Kikau plays. Critta - MVP Hughes - most improved Players to watch - Harry Hayes, Jordan Samrami.
  93. B

Can we all get on the same page

Agree .... Walsh's pace off the mark makes him virtually impossible to stop from getting on the outside of defenders .... then he has ALL the skills to do whatever it takes to turn it into points ..... Ben Barbar in that great season with us is the only other player i can remember being as...
  94. B

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Hadn't read that .... thanks for confirming.
  95. B

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Wouldn't surprise me .... he is rated an NRL player, just a few reservations about fullback at the top level.
  96. B

2024 Bulldogs Finals Bound!?

100%.... neither have been able to do it in the past.
  97. B

What was the final tally against The Knights .... something close to 100 to nil ?
  98. B

I share your concerns however ..... Hughes is said by many to be the most impressive player of the pre-season .... hopefully we have a future gem on our hands. All the props are fully aware of what is being said about them ... and all are unsigned for 2025. PLENTY of motivation.
  99. B

Good post, agree with most points .... every season throws up a surprise team .... why not us! A fast start is absolutely crucial.
  100. B

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Thanks mate