Search results

1. B

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

100% mate. How is it fair that a team loses a player for the rest of the game and the offending team is not penalised at all??
  2. B

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

Great post & stream of comments. Have been thinking the same for some time now. If the NRL is going to take concussion seriously then dismissing this as “just part of the game” and it “was accidental” will lead to the death of our game. Just because a club legend in James Graham did it in a GF...
  3. B

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

Can’t believe Cartwright has flown completely under the radar with this tackle. It was a blatant shoulder charge and exactly what the game has tried to rub out. Ok he was put on report and we got a penalty. But that’s it. We lose a strike player for 6-8 weeks and Cartwright gets off Scott free...
  4. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

Totally agree mate & will be a good case in point this Saturday against the sharks who hold a big pack and a big bench. If they blow us off the park then Ciro’s theory will head in the same direction. Speaking of bigger bodies does anyone know what’s happened to Patolo and Sutton? If these guys...
  5. B

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

Mariato was impressive in his last few games last year. A mini Papalii
  6. B

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Boys think we really need to calm down re moving Burto to centre or fullback. The guy is playing behind a badly beaten forward pack week in week out, he’s had a ooor quality halfback inside him - hell he even had to play halfback at some point throughout the year - and he had a shit fullback in...
  7. B

Critta moving to FB reminds me of all the same speculation around Latrell when Bennet moved him. Both big bodies both with a lot to prove. The good players adapt and if Critta can emulate Latrell we’ll have found our number 1.
  8. B

Excitement around Taafe reminds me of that around dufty. We all know how that turned out
  9. B

I like taffe as a footy player but ever since penrith man handled him in the GF a few years back I have my concerns at fullback where he is isolated in bringing the ball back. If you pick him at 1 you need some big wingers like wilson and or skelton. Fox ties up one wing spot so I reckon we're...
  10. B

Apparently Takeihau is happening its just a matter of when. Pretty sure the perham experiment at 1 is now done and dusted. Surely you would have taffe, critta and mayve even wilson or kiraz preparing for a number 1 birth before perham now.
  11. B

1 Critta 2 Fox 3 Xerri 4 Kiraz 5 Wilson 6 Burto 7 sexton 13 Curran 12 Kiks 11 Preston 10 King 9 Reed 8 SSK 14 Mann 15 Knight 16 Sutton 17 ? If you start with Taafe and move critta to centre and kiraz back to the wing its a really small back 3 and they will contribute little in yardage. Cant...
  12. B

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

We desperately need middles. Whats Gus's saying ..... just when you think you have enough middles go out and buy one or two more!! Hopefully these middles are finally arriving
  13. B

Some of us need to remember we're sitting at the bottom of the table. Look how many players the tigers have missed over the years! What incentives are there really for players to come to a team entrenched at the bottom of the ladder when you have 16 other teams to consider?? We're always going...
  14. B

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Does anyone know if BBO is still with us now we have all these utlitities? Is he top 30 or train and trial?
  15. B

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Sportingnews is listing Tepai Moeroa, Eddie Blacker and Bayliss Brown from the broncos (yet to make his debut) along with Fuimono as the only props still without a contract for 2024. Surely we are chasing atleast one of these, along with Terrel May?! Anyone with inside news here? I agree our...
  16. B

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Yeah fair call. Equally tho AFB was a big part of the warriors plans moving forwards and so he leaves a big hole. They’ll need to feel as tho they can mitigate that as part of any transfer deal
  17. B

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

The sad reality to all this is the warriors will need to be compensated with another quality middle or a player of their choosing. Do we really have the calibre of player to not only offer this but trump the stronger teams?? Cant see it happening
  18. B

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

Thats great news re Curran. He offers something different. Any other middles that we've signed? Obviously we need to replace TPJ, Thompson & Pele, not to mention accomodate for Sutton if he stays or leaves. Any news on that as well? Thanks mate
  19. B

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

Burto & Sexy need to be in the academy every day perfecting their short kicking game. Our end of sets would have to be one of the worst in the league. As good as this academy sounds how much of it really transpires to improving our current NRL players and their ability to improve? We need a...
  20. B

News Bulldogs poach a weak gutted dog amid club’s signing spree

OK cheers brady thats good to know. So that does make us a realistic chance of landing a big fish ...... hopefully or a maybe 3 or 4 similar signings of late.
  21. B

just wondering how much cap space we still have if nasheed's quick maths is correct and puts us at 9.87 mill for 2024
  22. B

does anyone know what is the salary cap for next year?
  23. B

Terrible signing. How’d it turn out the last time we swooped when the roosters let someone go? Anyone need reminding?? Flanagan
  24. B

News Josh Reynolds completes stunning Bulldogs comeback

I think you’ll find Reynolds may give Mahoney a break. As much as I love him, Paseka ran over the top of him in the first week which les to a try, then Klemmer did the same at the back end of the game. He is tiring badly in the last 15 mins or so and that’s when we need him most. He can’t get...
  25. B

Opinion Karl Oloapu

Ok cheers! How’s the poor tigers from then in having Bateman finally arrive from the UK and then seeing him sit 4 weeks out. Toughest gig in the league being a tigers supporter
  26. B

Opinion Karl Oloapu

Anyone got info on how Olapah played over weekend? Obviously didn’t feature against the the raiders but surely he played some footy?? Would love to know the plan there with blooding in nsw cup and getting him ready for NRL
  27. B

Post Match discussion

Anyone got info on how Olapah played over weekend? Obviously didn’t feature against the the raiders but surely he played some footy?? Would love to know the plan there with blooding in nsw cup and getting him ready for NRL
  28. B

Bulldogs Videos and Pics thread

How good is this! Jimmy Dymock one of my all time favourites. Thanks for sharing. Ps if u haven’t gone back and watched the major semi between us and Canberra back in ‘94 do yourself a favour. One for the true believers. Baa was head and shoulders the best player on the park that day. Forget...
  29. B

2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Ok thanks mate much appreciated. Planning on taking my 4 and 6 year old boys to see them train a little and hopefully have a meet and greet with a few of the players. So maybe 12-12:30?
  30. B

2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Does anyone know what days and time the boys are training?
  31. B

Rumour The save Corey Allan thread

Mate he’s been at the club now for 2 years and we haven’t seen any such form. He was terrible in his first year under Barret and got a good run at fullback. Agree with u he looks good in the highlights but playing in that south Sydney attacking machine makes you look better than what you are...
  32. B

BBO

Could not agree more with this! Considering our lack of second rowers I would also consider moving Shouppe into the back row aka Euan Aitken style. He’s got great leg speed and strength & a massive heart
  33. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Hey boys clearly twin turbo has a role with the club and the fact he always has the players backs and puts the club first, on that level alone is admirable. There's always two sides to the coin. I don't know twin turbo from a bar of soap but I always enjoy hearing his opinion. Its a refreshing...
  34. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Can we ask him what's on the agenda?
  35. B

Official Gus on Twitter

flano is gone?
  36. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks for the info boys ..... surely we're in the hunt for a 7 or a 9. Hopefully gus can weave his magic. Cant see us making top 8 with our current 7 and 9 stock
  37. B

Official Gus on Twitter

tell us more cookieman ..... what else did he say
  38. B

Opinion Averillo playing fullback in 2022

Can you imagine the conversation baz is having with Burto telling him yeah we're running with Avo as our first string half next year. He's just played outside Cleary and Luai this past 12 months and won a comp and now he's playing outside Avo. Please! Surely this cant be the plan
  39. B

Fair enough kiwi. Was just throwing it out there to canvass opinion given Avo's skillset. Mate with all our recruitment for next year its hard to believe we're moving forwards and planning around starting 2022 with Avo at half or worse still flanagan. It blows my mind. personally i cant see them...
  40. B

Was being sarcastic with the coach call and lets face it dufty was on the scrap heap and nobody wanted him before Baz threw him a lifeline.
  41. B

I like your analysis twin turbo but would you agree Dufty has some major defensive deficiencies? I’m guessing you’re dissection of the article is more to do with Chammas rather than supporting Dufty. I’ve seen a lot of duftys games this year where he work behind the tryline left a lot to be...
  42. B

Ok wow never knew this. Hopefully they don’t get dufty mentoring Averillo! Ok so moving forwards we have no quality in our 1,7 or 9 next year. Lucky we have a good coach!!
  43. B

Fair call. He’s a big body. You can’t be small as a fullback these days. Look at what Penrith did to Taaffe in the GF. They drove him backwards on almost every kick return.
  44. B

It’s more his positional and his effort plays. He doesn’t react quick enough to dive on that loose ball behind the try line or use his speed to recover if he misreads the play and needs to get to the other side of the ruck, again when defending his tryline. I have a few mates who played high...
  45. B

Yep fair call. Baz loves him tho so will be interesting to see what they do. BBO needs a big off season if they’re going to play him at half. I thought he was far more effective coming off the bench and darting out of dummy half. Hopefully we offload someone and we grab one of the quality...
  46. B

Pretty sure I said what are your thoughts on this suggestion? And at the end of the day that’s all it is. Be interesting to hear a couple of dragons supporters thoughts on Dufty.
  47. B

That’s true but plans change. I don’t think Gus was part of signing Dufty. And Baz doesn’t exactly have a good track record with his signings! Waddell, Flanagan, Allen
  48. B

Will be interesting to see what they do with Flanagan. If they don’t get rid of him in the off season I reckon they’ll give him first crack to play behind a much better forward pack. And then if he doesn’t perform they’ll move him on before June 30
  49. B

Mate Avo has never played halfback before and yet he was thrown in the deep end and in the team that came last was still one of our shining lights. Clearly the guy ain’t a halfback and everyone knew this wasn’t a Long term prospect.
  50. B

If you think Dufty is our answer next year then you obviously haven’t seen enough of him play. It’s also pretty arrogant to think now that he’s at the dogs we’ll be able fix his defensive woes just because he’s in our system. Over the past 2 years this has been the one sticking point in his long...
  51. B

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-six-reasons-the-dragons-don-t-want-matt-dufty-20210610-p57zwe.html
  52. B

Hey boys given Matt dufty’s Well documented shithouse defensive game, did anyone see the article in the herald earlier in this year - the guy just doesn’t read the play and his positional play is terrible, what are your thoughts on moving Averillo to fullback? Obviously he has a good running...
  53. B

Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

Mate Jacko may not be the player he was but without his clean up work in defence, him taking the tough hit ups every time it’s needed & his leadership in this team we are a bunch of misfits who don’t understand the DNA of what it means to be a bulldog. Jackson is the first player picked every...
  54. B

train and trial vs development squad

ok sweet thanks for this
  55. B

train and trial vs development squad

Does anyone know is there a difference between the train and trial boys and the development squad? Also how many are you allowed in each? So far I have Ambrosyev, stuckey, cook and mavoni all in the train and trial .... or is that the development squad!
  56. B

Official Gus on Twitter

ok so thats different to being in the development squad?
  57. B

Official Gus on Twitter

And what about this bloke, is he confirmed signing??
  58. B

We need an experiences half - so why aren’t we signing Benji

Has anyone heard what is the latest with Flanagan? The sooner we move him on the better for mine ..... I'd be keeping lachie lewis instead of flano.
  59. B

I think Gus will have a plan and hopefully he can weave some magic to bring someone who can game manage and kick in general play. I cant see the roosters letting any of their halves go. Obviously if Gus can pull his strings and land brandon smith for next year this would take big pressure off...
  60. B

Fair call. The tigers are a basketcase however and I wonder if bellamy, bennet or the like could even fix their problems. I think our pack next year and our culture/effort week in week out will give him more opportunity to assert himself and make a difference. Playing with his brother would...
  61. B

What's your solution to our halves problem mutt dafty??
  62. B

He wouldn’t have to start every game. He could play the no. 14 role like he does at the bunnies. But his presence both on and off the field, plus his kicking and decisions under pressure would add so much to our side. His mentoring of our young’s halves during the week would be a massive bonus too
  63. B

Where’s Sezer, thought he was based overseas and just recently resigned?
  64. B

Hey boys I was filthy last pre season when it was as clear as day we were in need of an experienced half & thought is was only a matter of time before we signed Benji. Then the rabbits swooped as we sat on our hands and did bugger all. Now we’re in the same Position going into 2022 & there’s...