Search results

1. Bulldog Brower

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

If Nathan Cleary or DCE had caught & passed in one motion like Hutchinson did for Preston’s try, Andrew Johns would have been frothing at the mouth.
  2. Bulldog Brower

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Where did we get him from & what position does he play?
  3. Bulldog Brower

Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Yes, Mark Nawaqanitawase, a Wallabies winger. It's been reported that they are also after Max Jorgensen, another Wallabies rugby union winger whose father played for the Roosters.
  4. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

As with every other club, our recruiting team would know about every player from juniors up to NRL and would be talking to every player manager. So why aren't we signing these players that so many on the kennel are talking about? Are player managers advising their players not to come to the...
  5. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Gus is very definite with his answer and doesn't give a reason. What happened, as Johannssen was getting some good wraps last year?
  6. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

What I find interesting is that Joelmcevoy2 is back at the same time as the clown crew. Coincidence?
  7. Bulldog Brower

Totally ripped off

Maybe Annesley is "uneducated" like the rest of us.
  8. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

The other issue is that every proven coach started as a rookie. You'll never find diamonds without a bit of digging. I'm sure I read that Craig Bellamy applied to coach the Tigers when he first started coaching but they knocked him back because of his lack of experience. I bet the Tigers have...
  9. Bulldog Brower

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

I've stopped reading newspapers, The Roar and other crap written by supposed journalists (who, in my opinion, are as honest and factual as used car salesmen). But it seems like every day I open TK there is a new (often regurgitated) article bagging the Dogs. Are other teams getting anywhere...
  10. Bulldog Brower

News Alleged Killer of Samantha Murphy

Or the worst crime of all, people convicted of insider trading always seem to get significant time behind bars.
  11. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Red hot reggies

I’m a bit older, I remember when it was 3rd grade!
  12. Bulldog Brower

Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

No worries I understand.
  13. Bulldog Brower

Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

Can you share your knowledge of the reasons behind some of the other targets not coming off, or is it confidential?
  14. Bulldog Brower

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Have to laugh, Nine's Wide World of Sports headline is "Bulldogs Coach Axes Captains Two Weeks Before Season". It might be true but another story about the Dogs has been turned into a negative. On another note, I wonder if the captaincy was a factor in his negotiations with us, maybe the...
  15. Bulldog Brower

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Are they claiming a moral victory against India (after they lost by 434 runs)?
  16. Bulldog Brower

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

Yes, with Samrani on the wing. I think there's more upside playing Samrani in the centres, especially looking at the future.
  17. Bulldog Brower

Bulldogs vs Storm Pre-Season 3-2-1

I only caught most of the second half of last night's Indigenous vs Maori game, lost interest and wasn't really paying attention at the end, but I'm sure I heard Johns & Slater talking up Reed's performance for us on Thursday. Did anyone else hear that or did I not hear correctly?
  18. Bulldog Brower

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

Tevita Pangai Junior confirms rugby league return with Queensland Cup outfit Tevita Pangai Junior has moved one step closer to a return to the NRL, signing with reserve grade club Souths Logan for the 2024 season. The former NSW Origin enforcer shocked the rugby league world last year when he...
  19. Bulldog Brower

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

I'm going fishing soon, what shop did you get that bait from?
  20. Bulldog Brower

What do we think of the big Luch

Yes, I remember he was linked to the Dogs early in his career.
  21. Bulldog Brower

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

Thanks for the informed replies to my request. It's what makes TK so good.
  22. Bulldog Brower

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

Can someone- please give some info on player 25, Luke Smith, position, potential, etc.
  23. Bulldog Brower

News ‘I didn’t believe it’: Rising NRL star’s cause of death revealed as paramedics recall shocking scene

I thought that procedures were improved after the Danny Shepherd situation. He was a front rower for the Roosters and suffered heat stroke in an early season match. He was in a coma, near death, for 11 days (I had to Google that). He made a full recovery but I don't think he played in the NRL...
  24. Bulldog Brower

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

Every GF win is special, but being a bit (?) older, I loved the 1980 win because I remember wondering before that when we would ever win one. And the Steve Gearin try is still one of the best and most exciting GF tries I have seen. 1984 was special because we stopped the Eels winning four in a...
  25. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Was that Rocky Elsom?
  26. Bulldog Brower

What are you going to spend your $200 million on?

You are correct, lottery winnings are classified as tax free income. But, anything you earn off the winnings, eg. bank interest, share dividends, etc. are taxable. So, if you won $200m and stuck it in the bank for a few months until you decided what to do with it, the substantial interest you...
  27. Bulldog Brower

News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

This discussion brought up a memory from somewhere in the back of my brain. I'm sure I remember Peter Mortimer on the wing, receiving the ball and running down the field. Except that he was outside the touchline when he received the ball. I think it was at the old Cumberland Oval. Does anyone...
  28. Bulldog Brower

Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

I have thought for some time that he is a teenager with a weird sense of humour just baiting us all for his own amusement. And the other one who keeps tagging him sounds like a prepubescent girl with a crush on him and will say anything to impress him.
  29. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Pre Season Training

Thanks for the updates, KLil, very positive and much appreciated. Any news on Skelton, how's he looking and how's he being used at training?
  30. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Good point. The Dogs have a history of bringing in experienced players from successful clubs: Kevin Ryan from St George played with us in 1967-69, Bob McCarthy & Gary Stevens from Souths played with us in 1976-77, and Ricky Stuart and Brad Clyde from Raiders played with us in 1999-2000.
  31. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

i know that the whole Elliott story has been done to death, but I'm going to throw in my opinion anyway. Firstly, I think Elliott is a solid NRL player, not international standard, but a good player nonetheless. I enjoyed watching him playing for the Dogs. Secondly, he did make a number of...
  32. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

You have posted a number of times about our 'lucky' wins last year. How about you analyse every team in the comp to see what 'lucky' wins they also had. And start with the lucky wins that teams had over the Dogs, eg, Warriors and Roosters. And if you want to stick to the fact that the Dogs...
  33. Bulldog Brower

News Fanafou Seve signs 3 year Development + Top 30 deal

Then why was he released? Didn’t he score 4 tries in his first, or one of his first, Flegg games?
  34. Bulldog Brower

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

I'm not sure what they're checking. Apparently he signed with us months ago, it was a done deal.
  35. Bulldog Brower

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I have faith in what our club is doing and I'm sure there is a plan in place for props. It just won't happen overnight.
  36. Bulldog Brower

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I totally agree. Luai's 5 year contract starts in 2025, which means he is contracted for another six seasons. By then our promising juniors will be around their mid twenties. If he was with us, it would be difficult to keep them, they would most likely be looking for opportunities elsewhere...
  37. Bulldog Brower

GoFundMe Farce

I read a while ago (it might have been on TK) that someone joked about starting a GoFungi page for the woman charged with the poison mushroom deaths. Very clever.
  38. Bulldog Brower

What is your best Rugby League Book?

I read The Great Grand Final Heist by Ian Heads a couple of years ago. This is a good read about the 1969 grand final, which Balmain won against Souths in a huge upset. It's also the first grand final I watched live on tv. One interesting point I remember him making in the book is the...
  39. Bulldog Brower

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

How about a truce and we all enjoy a very happy Christmas.
  40. Bulldog Brower

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Yes, I've been thinking for a while that Joel is someone with a different sense of humour, having a bit of fun with us.
  41. Bulldog Brower

Brain Teasers

Is it F N T S?
  42. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Iirc, he struggled to make the Jersey Flegg side after his injury and then asked for a release.
  43. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Zac Montgomery

That was Mavoni Tuifoa. Didn’t last too long with us.
  44. Bulldog Brower

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Maybe he signed with the new board that was coming in!
  45. Bulldog Brower

Apparently he signed with us on overs months ago. This news must be wrong.
  46. Bulldog Brower

Official Canterbury Bulldogs 2024 NRL Draw

I just saw a headline online stating "Sharks big winners as 2024 NRL draw released". Am I imagining things or have the Sharks had an easy draw in the last few years? Is Buzz now working out the draw?
  47. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

You are right, there are teams with the best junior talent and programs that do nothing. But there aren't many teams that are successful without junior talent and programs.
  48. Bulldog Brower

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

The thing I dread is that we sack Gus and CC, change the board, and start our rebuild all over again.
  49. Bulldog Brower

News 'You don't forget that stuff': Jacob Kiraz reveals Phil Gould, Cameron Ciraldo's support during family heartache after re-signing

You don't know me from a bar of soap and you are labelling me a yes man, because I'm not a negative whinger like you? And you didn't answer my questions. Obviously, they rang a few bells for you. Feedback is very important, but whenever anyone asks you a question, eg. which signings did Gus...
  50. Bulldog Brower

Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

On Thursdays, my wife and I drive our three grandsons to school & pre-school and pick them up later on. Our 5 year old and 8 year old often bicker, going backwards and forwards, telling each other they are right and the other is wrong.. I tell my wife not to worry, grown men on The Kennel are...
  51. Bulldog Brower

News 'You don't forget that stuff': Jacob Kiraz reveals Phil Gould, Cameron Ciraldo's support during family heartache after re-signing

As a senior manager, how do you or would you handle the 'death rider' employee? The one who, no matter what plan or strategy is put in place, declares it to be wrong but doesn't come up with a better alternative. The one who knows more than everybody else but never seems to go anywhere in their...
  52. Bulldog Brower

Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

How do you know that we didn’t make him an offer? Maybe he wanted to leave, maybe his life is on the northern beaches. He might have preferred their one year deal to ours.
  53. Bulldog Brower

SMH Luai

Really? Is this what TK has sunk to?
  54. Bulldog Brower

SMH Luai

You're not really expecting an answer, are you Nate? He loves throwing in a negative comment and then goes ducking for cover, not to be heard of until he throws in another one.
  55. Bulldog Brower

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

I'm curious, who are all the decent players we've missed out on? I know we tried to sign Leniu, but the reaction to missing out on him by some on TK is amusing. I've read post after post on TK having a go at the Roosters. They don't have a salary cap, they have a sombrero. They give out brown...
  56. Bulldog Brower

Nearly as sad as the anti Gus cuckoldry.
  57. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Does Rothfield have a soul?
  58. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks, that explains it.
  59. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

On another note, has Gus stopped posting on X (Twitter) recently? Haven't seen anything for a while. Or is he waiting until he announces the new signings?
  60. Bulldog Brower

Voice referendum

I think that on the news tonight they said that advertising must finish on Wednesday night, but I was only half listening.
  61. Bulldog Brower

Voice referendum

With the referendum vote starting, I am curious. Has anyone made or changed their decision, either way, based on what they have read in the 100 pages of this thread? Or had their decision reinforced?
  62. Bulldog Brower

Stephen Crichton

I was disappointed that we didn't get Leniu. But I wonder how he is feeling now? When he signed with the Roosters it was said that he would be replacing JWH, but JWH has now re-signed for another year. He will also be fighting for a bench spot with other Roosters forwards like Terrell May, Siua...
  63. Bulldog Brower

A few weeks ago I read one of Nasheed's posts and was surprised that it was different to his normal posts, it actually sounded intelligent without the usual bullshit. Then it occurred to me that Nasheed is actually a character created by someone who is having a bit of fun, thinks he/she is...
  64. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks Wendog, I will. I have for around 60 years now (I know, I’m an old fart!)
  65. Bulldog Brower

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

And how big are they, Todd & Johanssen in particular? Can they develop into alpha props?
  66. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Apparently I’m a sheep & a Gus cuck, or as I call it, an optimist. Baa!
  67. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Actually, I believe that there are six players in this weeks Flegg GF that Gus signed (Gabrael, Oloapu, Moyle, Marshall, Glover & Montgomery). Please correct me if that is not correct. Also, we have been losing our juniors to other clubs for some years, but Gus has stopped a lot of that. If...
  68. Bulldog Brower

2023 Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

At least JWH leads his pack and charges up the middle. Watching last night's game, I realised that Nelson isn't that good a player. He looks like one of those kids who is bigger than the other kids on the field but doesn't know what to do until the parents on the sideline tell him. Because he...
  69. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

I find it interesting that it's always the majority who are the sheep, obviously not very intelligent and with no decision making ability of their own. But luckily, we have the negative minority, who are so intelligent, to help us navigate life. Actually, whenever I'm referred to as a sheep for...
  70. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

I asked him the same questions a couple of weeks ago in another thread and am still waiting for an answer. Probably best not to hold your breath waiting.
  71. Bulldog Brower

Voice referendum

Firstly, well done on acknowledging the ABC's slant towards the YES, but let's be honest, they are as biased to the left as Peta Credlin and Ben Forham are to the right (please don't get me started on taxpayers having to pay for Q & A to be screened). Look, I do understand where you're coming...
  72. Bulldog Brower

Voice referendum

I have been following this thread with much interest. I have found that many (but certainly not all) of the arguments from both sides have been informative and thought provoking. It is essential that we have healthy debate over issues such as this one. Doogie, you have provided a number of these...
  73. Bulldog Brower

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

Yes, he went on to play for the All Blacks. And Lopeti Timani went on to play for the Wallabies.
  74. Bulldog Brower

Fantastic News Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

I’ve tried using Google Translate to work out what you’re trying to say, but I think this has broken Google.
  75. Bulldog Brower

Gus on 100% Footy

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe at that age/stage in their football careers they can get by on natural talent but after that the hard work, dedication & competition from other players vying for the same position is too much. Maybe it’s injuries. Or, as Gorden Tallis said, it’s not for...
  76. Bulldog Brower

Gus on 100% Footy

There are some big names in that side.
  77. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Recruitment targets

Gus just mentioned on Ch9 news that they will be announcing 8 - 9 new signings in the next few weeks. Not sure if that includes any re-signings.
  78. Bulldog Brower

Dispelling Jake Preston and Davey myth

You're talking a lot of sense, Flanagun. I am fully supporting Gus & Ciraldo but I do believe that there are obviously issues in the club that need to be addressed. Where there's smoke, there's usually at least a bit of fire. As far as Davey goes, I think he probably regrets talking to Buzz...
  79. Bulldog Brower

The Cuck Thread

I have some genuine questions: 1. How do you know 90-95% of them are not voting members, or is that a presumption? 2. How do you know the opinions of voting members? You say change is coming so you must know the voting opinions of quite a number of voting members. 3. You obviously don't have any...
  80. Bulldog Brower

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Also, when Davey’s name was mentioned, Gordon Tallis asked “Who?”. He was strongly supporting James Graham & the Dogs.
  81. Bulldog Brower

He said that Davey came to the Dogs thinking he was going to play every game but a 21 year old, Jacob Preston, was better than him and so he had a sook and asked for a release. IIRC, he also said that Davey could shove it up his arse!
  82. Bulldog Brower

The Cuck Thread

My guess is that most of you won't be voting to oust the current board at the next elections. That would be disappointing to some on TK.
  83. Bulldog Brower

Yes, there are supporters that have warranted concerns. And rightfully so. But most of their posts are a bit more rational and balanced.
  84. Bulldog Brower

I get the strong impression that many of the negative posts on TK are agenda based, especially with the board elections coming soon. With what's happened this week, it looks like things have backfired and the fan base has galvanized, which is the opposite of what they intended. You're right...
  85. Bulldog Brower

Carsen Patu

I started watching his highlights, thinking he looks good, but then thinking that I'd seen it before. Then I remembered watching the highlights of Mavoni Tuifua and Franklin Pele. The excitement dissipated.
  86. Bulldog Brower

News NRL’s top 50 under-23 players club-by-club breakdown: Broncos, Panthers success built by youth

What I find interesting in this list is that Schuster and Suaalii are ranked so low yet have both been signed to big dollar contracts. I'm not disputing their rankings but we will see how their careers pan out.
  87. Bulldog Brower

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

So who is our half in 2024, Sullivan or Sexton?
  88. Bulldog Brower

2023 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

And Damon Marshall selected for Qld under 19's. I've heard good things about him but haven't seen him play personally. Can anyone give feedback on him?
  89. Bulldog Brower

Being a Bulldog fan this week feels like.

I was saying to a mate yesterday morning that I was glad I wasn't a Tigers supporter. That lasted well! One of the worst things at the moment is that I know some mates of mine, who support other teams, are feeling sorry for me. I remember the days when we were a powerhouse and I used to feel...
  90. Bulldog Brower

Official Gus on Twitter

Agree with all you said except for one issue - I don't think 44 tackles missed by forwards should be acceptable in NSW Cup.
  91. Bulldog Brower

Shame on this team!

This might be a simplistic question but how does a player get to NSW Cup, let alone first grade, and not know how to defend? Isn't defence one of the basic skills of a rugby league player? I can understand that in juniors they might be bigger, stronger, faster, whatever, and look like they are...
  92. Bulldog Brower

2023 State of Origin Game 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Another good club player who is not a rep player. NSW seem to have a few players with the Mitchell Pearce syndrome.
  93. Bulldog Brower

Opinion Said it once say it again

I couldn't watch the game yesterday but noticed on the Rooters 3 2 1 thread that a number of Kennelers gave Okunbor points, in fact some gave him the 3 points for the game. If he took just 5 runs and made 2 errors, what did he do to make supporters think he had a good/solid game?
  94. Bulldog Brower

SOO

Although I am a proud NSW Blues fan, there was an aspect of Qld's win on Wednesday that I thought was encouraging. Although behind on the scoreboard, player off in the sin bin, and players injured and out of the game, Qld didn't look for excuses, played for each other and found a way to win...
  95. Bulldog Brower

2023 State of Origin Game 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

You did say that, but I think the only person that ended Fittler's origin coaching career is Fittler.
  96. Bulldog Brower

2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

But Tedesco ran for 217 metres and made seven tackle breaks. It doesn't matter that he bombed that try and had a shocker, it's the stats that count.
  97. Bulldog Brower

SOO

I'm still not sure what the game plan was or if there was one.
  98. Bulldog Brower

2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

When Hynes was picked, i wasn't sure how Fittler would use (or misuse) him. Who was he going to replace? Would he have come on if Turbo didn't go off with HIA? It looks like they picked him on his club form without a clear plan for him. I think Burton should have been on the bench as 1 to 7...