Search results

1. DaBulldog

Funny Jokes

Anyone know any funny jokes. I will start off. “I was drinking a martini and the waitress screamed “does anyone know CPR?” I yelled “I know the entire alphabet” and we all laughed and laughed. Well, except for one person.”
  2. DaBulldog

If you could pick a ‘Bulldogs’ goal kicker from any era to kick a winning goal - who would you choose?

Overall I would still pick Halligan, but any one of these 3 would be my choice. What about you guys, who would be your 3 and why, and overall who would you pick? 1. Daryl Halligan - hardly ever missed. 2. Hazem El Masri - hardly ever missed and was coached to kick from Halligan. 3. Ross Conlon...
  3. DaBulldog

What is your best Rugby League Book?

In the past few years, and bought a whole heap of rugby league biographies on Rugby League players and their Clubs etc. What are some of your favourites? Some of my favourites, in no particular order: Mal Meninga, Steve Mortimer, Peter Sterling, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Brad Fittler, Andrew...
  4. DaBulldog

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Who was your idols or your favourites from the Doggies? For me - When I was growing up my idol was Greg Brentnall and when he retired it became Terry Lamb. Such good players and kept trying on the field until the end.
  5. DaBulldog

News Feelgood Stories at Christmas

Guys, at this time of the year it’s good to hear some positive stories where people are kind to each other. I’ll start off with a story that I found today. Also do any of you have a good story that you’ve heard at Christmas. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sick of negative stories about...
  6. DaBulldog

Funny T-Shirts you’ve seen

You guys know there is plenty out there. To put a smile on some of our faces, maybe you could share some.
  7. DaBulldog

NBA Icon blows $200 Million Dollars!!!

How much is enough money? This is an amazing story of how you can have a shit load of money and still blow it all. https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/nba/into-oblivion-nba-icon-blew-200-million-fortune/news-story/92777ad7fa020a12da5ab1b1d6cce699
  8. DaBulldog

Sports Memes

Do you guys have any good sports memes?It’s good for us all to have a laugh everyone and again.
  9. DaBulldog

News Christmas Memes 2023

10. DaBulldog

Any news on who our number 7 will be in 2024?

Guys, anyone know who we have as our playmaker next year. Or are they still deciding. Without rocking any boats, I still think they need to consider a 6 as well. If that works out, for the good of the team I think Burton should move out to where he excels - the centres. What do you guys think?
  11. DaBulldog

Watch this series on Netflix

Guys, if you are looking for something good to watch. Watch this 4 part series about the Florida Gators (Grid Iron - College Football). You will end up loving the quarterback - Tim Tebow, so much determination, church goer, but used to live and breathe football. But wanted to win at all costs...
  12. DaBulldog

Footy Bloopers

Looks like we dodged a bullet by not signing Brooks! See Below. Also do any of you have some funny videos of players stuffing up?
  13. DaBulldog

Fittler can’t Coach

Fittler was a great player but tonight’s game against QLD proved he can’t coach. How he put Cook out in the centres was a great opportunity for QLD to exploit that side. Don’t get me wrong, QLD were too good, but what did we offer in attack? Not much. What do you guys think? Am I being too harsh...
  14. DaBulldog

Dad Jokes

You’ve all heard them and you don’t have to be a Dad to enjoy them. I’ve been collecting some over a few years. So I thought I would share. Have any of you got some good Dad jokes to provide. Joke of the day - "I have a fear of elevators, but I've started taking steps to avoid it"
  15. DaBulldog

What do you remember about the 80s

I’m sure there are some Bulldogs fans out the 80s who have some great memories, I will put some on the thread - but what about your memories.
  16. DaBulldog

Rugby League Jokes and Memes?

Has anyone got any Rugby League Jokes, they can be funny, lame, cheesy it doesn't matter. Hopefully some of them will make your day. I will try and find as many as I can over time, but what about the rest of you?
  17. DaBulldog

What is the worst movie you have ever seen?

Now I know there is movie thread on the bulldogs site, but this thread is different. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? My vote is a movie called Copper Mountain with Jim Carrey in it and the dad in Family Ties (80s Tv Show) Back when he was in Dumb and Dumber we went into a video...
  18. DaBulldog

NSW Blues News 2023

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-new-south-wales-blues-brad-fittler-fiveeighth-selections-nicho-hynes-jarome-luai-origin-2023-series-fixtures-team-selections/news-story/2ad64aba23cc27fb58c73710f0050427
  19. DaBulldog

Good news story for Rugby League

How’s this story - Nicho Hynes - what a good bloke he is. If only there was more good news stories in the media about footy players.
  20. DaBulldog

Retro Bubble Gum Trading Card/s

Did any of you collect different types of Movie/TV/Music Card Sets growing up that came with Bubble Gum? I thought I’d get together some that I remember and hopefully you guys can find some too. I’m sure they still make different sets these days, but not as many as in previous Eras.
  21. DaBulldog

Opinion Has anyone got any news on how the Bulldogs players have been going in the off season?

I live in Perth these days so I’m not sure if the NSW papers, Radio Stations have supplied info and how the Bulldogs players are travelling? Also, how the New players are settling in? And how the New coach is working into the role. I know it’s early days, but I’m already excited, anxious...
  22. DaBulldog

Bulldogs Videos and Interviews

23. DaBulldog

League Legends (Interviews)

Terry Lamb
  24. DaBulldog

Opinion Do you have any Bulldogs Merchandise Favourites?

What are some of your favourite Bulldogs merchandise that you’ve collected over the years???
  25. DaBulldog

Any news on Coach for next year - anyone?

Still waiting for official news on our coach for next year. Supposedly Ciraldo is favourite but what is holding up the decision. We will struggle to entice players if we don’t have a coach confirmed for 2023. What is causing the delay??? Anyone got any latest gossip on decision???
  26. DaBulldog

Bulldogs Tough Nuts

Who do you guys think we’re the toughest players to ever play for the Bulldogs? I will start it off. Mark O’Meley - An Australian international and N.S.W State of Origin-representative forward, he previously played in the NRL for the North Sydney Bears, the ill-fated Northern Eagles, the...
  27. DaBulldog

Bulldogs photo memories

Did you have a favourite player or moment in a game. Was there a photo to capture it. Find you best photos and attach it. Old and new - it doesn’t matter.
  28. DaBulldog

What are some items or places you loved growing up?

In 1980 Pizza Hut had shrinky dinks. You would write you details on the form and cut out the shape. Then put it into an oven, it would shrink all your details and become part of a tag for a key ring.
  29. DaBulldog

Bulldogs Players who played for NSW Blues in Origin - since 1980

I may have left some out - apologies if I did. Whilst they were playing for the Bulldogs and when on to represent the State of NSW:- Steve Mortimer Chris Mortimer Greg Brentnall Steve Folkes Andrew Farrar Ross Conlon Mick Potter Paul Langmack Terry Lamb Peter Tunks David Gillespie Paul Dunn...
  30. DaBulldog

Who is still contracted until the end of this season?

I would really like to know who is contracted until the end of 2022. Any ideas Kennel members?
  31. DaBulldog

Who is/was your favourite player growing up from the Bulldogs?

Who are/were your heroes from the Bulldogs?When I was young Greg Brentnall (Fullback) was my favourite player in the early 80’s. When he moved on I went onto love Terry Lamb (Five Eighth). Both amazing players who could make a huge difference on the field. We’ve had so many players who were...
  32. DaBulldog

We need type of Player with integrity

One of our biggest problems is not just getting quality players. We need them to have good integrity before they get here. Before you Laugh, have a think about it. Naden left who supposedly had drug issues, Dufty and Vaughan only left there club as they couldn’t follow orders too. Dufty is...
  33. DaBulldog

Have the Bulldogs hit rock bottom

On the Take this week - with Willie Mason and Iain. They talk about the situation at the Bulldogs. It’s sounds worse than the title of the episode is, Willie has got some positives that he’s seen since being there this year, but like Gus - thinks it’s going to take hard work and time. Good...
  34. DaBulldog

If you could say anything to the coach, what would it be?

I will start off, I would say you need to go and let someone help these players actually win games. Otherwise we are going to lose fans, sponsors etc. you really can’t coach.
  35. DaBulldog

Papua New Guinea for players

We need to look elsewhere for players with speed and power. We need to look at other countries for talent. Did you guys all know that two players for the Storm are from PNG. Justin Olam and now drum roll - Xavier Coates is from PNG too. Parramatta have Sivo from Fiji and comes with power too...
  36. DaBulldog

Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

I hear that Dufty might be off to the English super league next year. If so, who do you guys think should be our priority to either keep or get. One of the threads last night joked about Cobbo from Broncos. He wouldn’t be a bad pick up. But hopefully we act fast. We also need someone that comes...
  37. DaBulldog

What should Baz do?

My question to all of you is this, what should Baz do to turn this around??? Does he overcoach or does he do the bare minimum. Our plans rarely change each week, put in a bit of a fight for part of the game, then it turns to shit. When the tv cameras go up to the coaches box, Baz rarely looks...
  38. DaBulldog

If you were Gus, what would you be saying to Baz?

I will start off what I think he’d say. “Trent what are you doing and how can you change things by next week. I can only cover your arse for so long” what else do you think he’d be saying behind closed doors???
  39. DaBulldog

Moneyball

Kennel members, Have you every seen the movie Moneyball? It about a baseball team that come from nowhere by picking players on form each week. Gus Gould with his time at the Panthers tried it one year and they shot straight into the finals that year. Why can’t the Bulldogs try it for one year...
  40. DaBulldog

Who are your favourite goal kickers of all time?

I will give you a few and they don’t have to be at only the Bulldogs. For the way they strike the ball and accuracy I think Daryl Halligan was amazing and was a game changer and Latrell Mitchell who kicks the ball so sweetly. Who are your favourites?
  41. DaBulldog

Bulldogs Talent Scout?

Do any of you guys know who the talent scout for the Bulldogs is? I know this is a no brainer but is someone out there trying to find us a few strong, hungry and talented players. We need to learn from the best, Melbourne Storm, they find players from all over, including other countries.
  42. DaBulldog

Attack

This is a subject we all know is a massive problem for our team. Have any of you fans seen our team at training? If you have,’how do they look when doing attacking drills. Personally in the games, they look like they are lost. The forwards run the ball up and at some stage either we throw it...
  43. DaBulldog

Random Rugby League Facts

I just saw a video (Freddy and Eighth) from a few days ago. Did you know that Brad Fittler didnt wear a mouthguard when he played footy. He said he couldn’t bare it. I thought that was amazing. He’s lucky he didn’t lose his teeth. Do you kennel members have any other stories about rugby league...
  44. DaBulldog

Favourite Bulldogs Football Cards

1980 Scanlans Rugby League Card.
  45. DaBulldog

Memories of the 80’s - Do you Remember Any of These?

I will give you guys a list - in no particular order. I remember them so well and it’s a shame most of them are still not here today:- - Waterworks Mt Druitt (what an awesome Water Slide place) - Australia’s Wonderland (I also worked there) - Magic Kingdom - Bullens Animal World - African Lion...
  46. DaBulldog

James Maloney Retires

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/james-maloney-retires-from-rugby-league-catalans-dragons-roosters-sharks/5c58fc33-e770-4c82-91a2-e5686c663418 COULD HE BE THE IDEAL HALVES COACH FOR OUR YOUNG BULLDOGS HALVES???
  47. DaBulldog

How do you all think 2022 will look like for the Bulldogs?

I hope and pray it’s better than what was served up this year. We’ve got to look to positives that:-there are new players coming in, and hopefully new approaches on how to win football games (surely). On the positive -‘We can only go up next year’. So come on Bulldogs - get your heartbeat back...
  48. DaBulldog

Bring back more legends to Mentor and Assist

What do you guys think of this idea. Before you shoot it down, think of other clubs that are doing this being back some MORE former players to work with particular positional players coming through the ranks or trying to get their confidence back. I know Willie Mason and a few others have come...
  49. DaBulldog

What are some of your favourite Bulldog moments?

Here are some of mine between 1980-1988. Have you got any favourite bulldog pictures?
  50. DaBulldog

Who will beat the Melbourne Storm - now and in the future

Any ideas of who will seriously give the Melbourne Storm a run for their money. I thought Penrith would sort them out in last years Grand final, but that didn’t happen. As for this year Penrith only have a chance to beat them if they can get all their players back. Even with that - I think...
  51. DaBulldog

Opinion If the Bulldogs could have any current player, who would you choose?

If we could have any current player, who would you choose? Even if they had a contract and the Bulldogs could get it done. I would say James Tedesco, such an obvious choice. But he would really wake up our attack.
  52. DaBulldog

Scrums - Do you think they are still needed

I’ve got an observation on scrums currently. I saw Cameron Munster feed a few scrums - a week or two back and it was obvious he was not going to feed straight when he fed the ball. What was even more fascinating was the referee didn’t pick up him feeding the ball incorrectly and so blantantly. I...
  53. DaBulldog

How’s this for new technology

Read this it will blow your mind - do you have anything interesting for everyone to read. New things appearing all the time https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinations/middle-east/dubai-makes-fake-rain-to-cope-with-heatwave/news-story/da94d90451338bb1712934ea6b0f2fcc
  54. DaBulldog

Who Do You think is the Best Goal Kicker Ever?

I would say I have (3) but I can’t pick one who out of the 3:- Ross Conlon, Daryl Halligan, Hazem El Masri. They made a huge difference to our teams and helped enormously when games were on the line. Who is or was your favourite?
  55. DaBulldog

Who are Players the Bulldogs should never have gotten rid of?

I have a few that our club should never have gotten rid of:/ or didn’t try and keep- Johnathan Thurston, Damien Cook - for starters. Thurston will end up an Immortal and Cook would’ve solved all our issues in regards to a gun hooker.
  56. DaBulldog

News 100 of the best Tries - Josh Addo Carr

Catch me if you can: Foxx flies to 100 https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/26/catch-me-if-you-can-foxx-flies-to-100/
  57. DaBulldog

Is Barrett the coach to get us a Premiership?

Guys there is a few of you who want Trent Barrett to be sacked. The big question is who could come in and replace him? I would put this out there -‘Brad Fittler’, he said if he could have his time again as a full time coach he would do things so differently - hemnow knows a thing or too after...
  58. DaBulldog

Opinion Who’s your favourite Bulldog Player.

When I was a kid - I loved Greg Brentnall (Fullback - 1977 to 1983) But as I got older and he retired I loved Terry Lamb (Five Eighth - 1984 to 1996) Both decent blokes and could do anything on the field. Both Premiership winners too. Who’s your favourite players - from any Era????
  59. DaBulldog

Opinion Who’s the perfect interchange player?

Who would you guys have if we could get anyone to our club that gives the maximum effort when he comes on from the bench? It doesn’t even matter if he’s a no name. I know it sounds crazy, but I would get Dale Finucane. He’s a great player, but you could get huge momentum in your team if he came...
  60. DaBulldog

6 Again Rule - Are you a fan?

What do you guys think of the 6 again rule. I hate it. If you look at game 3 of the State of Origin the other night. It sapped the energy of the NSW - QLD defence. If your team has to defend on the try line for continuous 6 agains, I really find it hard to believe any team could keep an...
  61. DaBulldog

Opinion Hooker Choices for 2022

Alright everyone who do you think is the ideal Hooker choice the club should go after for 2022. I know everyone says Brandon Smith. But who else could we try and get maybe Josh Hodgson? I think this is such an important choice for our club. Maybe we get a list together and someone within this...
  62. DaBulldog

No Source After - Origin 2 - 10 Rounds to go

I don’t know about all you Bulldogs fans. But I’m nervous for next year and are we going to get more of the same from our team. I think they need to play around (before end of season) with some positional changes, give players from Mounties a run if they are doing ok there, try a few player...
  63. DaBulldog

Takers for Flanagan Anyone?

My overall observation from everything I’ve read and what I’ve read on this website - which is clearly stating the obvious, but no one wants Kyle Flanagan. I haven’t read one comment that thinks he should stay at the Bulldogs. My question to all of you is what did the coach see in him to take...
  64. DaBulldog

Corey Allan status

Anyone know what’s happened to Corey Allan. Is he injured or just not in first grade at the moment.
  65. DaBulldog

Opinion Who should be in the big 5 x positions for 2022

I would say these 5 positions are huge choices for us in 2022. 1. Fullback (should we play someone already around or look to get someone else - Dufty?) 2. Five Eighth (should we play someone already there or look outside the club) 3. Halfback (Shaun Johnson or someone else) 4. Hooker (I would...
  66. DaBulldog

Social Media DWZ going going GONE TODAY

On ‘Zero Tackle website’ the deal for DWZ to go play for Warriors is going to happen on an immediate deal. The report came from a Daily Telegraph journalist. Where there’s smoke - there’s fire. He will go at some stage.
  67. DaBulldog

Fox Sports Bulldogs Chase Former Legends Son

Story today says Bulldogs are chasing Broncos player Kobe Hetherington who is Jason Hetheringtons (former Bulldogs player) son. He’s only played 5 games for Broncos but plays Hooker or Lock. We need Hookers. Hopefully he’s as tough as his dad was. They say Kevin Walters is clearing out the...
  68. DaBulldog

Social Media Meaney Meeting (Melbourne Storm)

I just saw on ‘Zero Tackle and Fox sports websites’ tonight. Nick Meaney has flown to meet with Craig Bellamy via the Storms QLD hub. This is all to do with offering him a deal for next year. I think it will be a shame to lose him as I think he’s played well this year - in a losing team. He...
  69. DaBulldog

Other News Source Players without contracts for 2022.

There is a list on sportingnews.com that shows 19 players without a contract with the Bulldogs next year (2022). The interview with Trent Barrett after today’s game was interesting as a few times he was asked by journalists about a few players (DWZ - Warriors rumour question about next year/...