Search results

1. E

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Haha. I think, deep down, they know it won't matter who they have defending in the halves.
  2. E

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Reading their forum, Knights fans are absolutely shitting it at the prospect of Kiks running at Cogger all game. :D
  3. E

Perception By Other Fans

Knights drop 1 spot after losing to a recently underperforming Roosters outfit by 2 points. Dogs drop 3 spots after losing to a recently dominant, full strength Storm side by 2 points. Dragons jump 3 spots after beating Tigers, who put on a relatively hapless performance. Absolute stitch up.
  4. E

We just don’t have the team

Ciro: "Alright Hutch, look, we really need Matt to get his hands on the ball more. Can you handle that?" Hutcho: "If I get tackled on the 4th, he has no choice!"
  5. E

We just don’t have the team

We might not be a contender for a GF berth this year but everything we've seen so far suggests we could be a top 8 side. We beat the Rorters and, at full strength, probably would have won this week. Our systems are working and Ciro is getting the most out of the players.
  6. E

Cameron Ciraldo

Always been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, coming in to a side in shambles as a rookie coach. Starting to feel genuinely good about the appointment now. We have defensive starch we haven't seen in years.
  7. E

Critta in full flight

He's not a notorious speedster but I agree he definitely has more in him. New team, new role and it's only Round 5. He's already been a point of difference in the side. He'll only grow in to it from here.
  8. E

Burton is a half

This is so true. Great halves often don't start becoming great halves until their mid 20s. Burton's 24 and you can see he's finally starting to get a real feel for the game. He's a running 6. When we get him playing alongside a real, organising 7, I reckon he's going to prove an incredible signing.
  9. E

2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Anyone else really happy to see Cogger back in the NRL and playing well?
  10. E

A wins a win

Everyone had written us off this week and we won. If we'd ACTUALLY lost this and we got to the end of the season 1 win short of making the 8, everyone saying it "isn't a win" would be dropping to their knees and offering to suck V'Landys off for the 2 points.
  11. E

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

We should absolutely celebrate that. We carved them open in the first half. We just made the mistake of trying to defend our lead in the 2nd half and against some of the best players in the comp, even with some off the field. Some of the forced reshuffles screwed us, too. Any day we find a way...
  12. E

Kiks in doubt for Friday

If we get a strong win against Souths (doesn't matter if their backs are against the wall, they're a shambles right now), we'll take a lot of confidence in to the following games and could cause some upsets.
  13. E

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

It's not entirely Burton's fault. On top of the fact that we were rarely in an attacking position, Mahoney kept inexplicably moving the ball out to the right when we did get there. On one of our attacking sets, he went right, short side, on the last 2 tackles. There was nothing happening. I've...
  14. E

Official Gus on Twitter

He's the only reason there's any hope for the future right now. Our pathways are looking more stacked than they have in a very long time. We have lower grade teams who could go on to reach Panthers level success in the next few years, the way they're looking. If the long term health of the club...
  15. E

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Honestly, if you can't see why we're shit in attack, you are SERIOUSLY overestimating some of our players. Flanagan would be unlikely to do much better with this squad. Our spine is poor (I hope we get to see Tracey at 1 sooner than later) and our forward pack aren't much better. The market has...
  16. E

News They are so weak’: Bulldogs’ ‘big deficiency’ laid bare as key selection battle slammed

Hutcho makes sense. THEORETICALLY, we need someone to steer the ship and allow Burton to act as a strike weapon. Sexton looks more dangerous than Hutcho and provides more spark but he's also inexperienced. Burton SHOULD be the one providing the spark and making use of what, on paper, is an...
  17. E

Rugbystate.com

Something definitely seems off. It's not an Australian website so I assume that, if they ship anything at all, it's probably not coming from Australia. Prices make 0 sense with global shipping costs. The site lists no contact details except an email address and a Whatsapp number. They list their...
  18. E

News RIP Andre Braugher

Was watching the Ronald Yee "flies don't lie" episode yesterday when I saw the news. What a sad day.
  19. E

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

"The Bulldogs would sign Luai at the right place but the club won’t pay ‘overs’ for the Samoan star." To rephrase, we'll meet the competing bids in an effort to force other teams to pay overs and decrease market competition for players we really want.
  20. E

Rumour Papenhuyzen

Pap's injury liability is weird. His last 2 injuries have been a shattered kneecap and a broken & dislocated ankle, rather than massive tendon or muscular issues. Both were freak accidents. The injury before that was a hammy+knee injury which, as a one off, isn't a huge deal. I'd be curious to...
  21. E

Rumour Papenhuyzen

He means he has definitely signed but the mullet has to stay in Melbourne.
  22. E

SMH Luai

I didn't mean to come off as quite so critical of Cogger, for sure. My point was really just that their backup 6, who's been out of the NRL for a bit before this season, managed to come in and fill the Luai void without issue. No one's offering Cogger a 1mill+ contract. I think Luai's being made...
  23. E

SMH Luai

True but would Penrith have been prepared for Cleary to come off? Even with the quality of their next-man-up approach, I have serious doubts there could have been a comeback with Luai and Cogger in the halves at that point. That's what makes Cleary worth 1 mill+ I think we were getting at the...
  24. E

SMH Luai

In case anyone needs reminding, Cleary and Chrichton manufactured one of the greatest comebacks in GF history, against a stacked Broncos team, with Jack Cogger in the 6. If that doesn't speak volumes to how little the 6 matters when you have a potential future immortal at 7....... Luai is a good...
  25. E

Dispelling Jake Preston and Davey myth

2 players who couldn't find a long term home anywhere saying, "It's not me, the culture sucks." That's the NRL equivalent of claiming all your exes were "crazy bitches" because no one can stand to be with you.
  26. E

Any news on who our number 7 will be in 2024?

I can't see anyone besides Sexton and Burton getting first shot, unless someone comes in and blows them away in the pre-season.
  27. E

TPJ article

It's nice if you want the player gone but not so much if you actually want them playing for you. Would be happy to see TPJ off the books but it's a double edged sword.
  28. E

Rumour Ado Carr to south’s

He's looked a bit injured at points this year but otherwise it's not his fault. He's not a tackle breaking winger or a tall, athletic one. He's fast and can get himself in to position to score tries that others wouldn't. The issue is that we don't have the playmakers or even the structure to...
  29. E

Opinion Dress Code

Thompson dressed like a propa geezer.
  30. E

James Graham Puts Andrew Davey Back In His Place

Don't know if this has already been posted but....
  31. E

News Kiraz injury

This is not a very common occurrence, as a lot of Bulldogs players, of late, don't have a spine to injure.
  32. E

2023 Round 27 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Paps had that. Legend gave the young bloke his first try.
  33. E

The Lucky Wins

A win is a win. Fuck off.
  34. E

Opinion Your rating on Gus' performance so far

I'm withholding judgement until the end of next season. A little part of me expected this season to be an absolute shitshow (maybe not quite as much as it has been but close enough). If we flop again in 2024 and the year doesn't bring some HUGE signings for 25, I'll worry.
  35. E

Other News Source Eels looking at Waddell and Alamoti

If you told me 2 years ago that I'd be saying this, I'd have laughed but I wouldn't mind keeping Waddell on the books if it's a cheap contract. He's improved a little on his brain snaps/errors and (sadly) has become one of our more reliable forwards (at the VERY least, he actually gives a fuck)...
  36. E

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Exactly this. There are families out there struggling with the cost of living, both parents working (sometimes multiple jobs) just to get by. If you're making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just to play sport, you've got it really good. A 10 year career can set some of them up for life...
  37. E

Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: Botched Bulldogs’ bluff revealed

I think a lot of us would love to see Buzz's head on the top of a big wooden pole.
  38. E

Gus on 100% Footy

Exactly this. We've had sub-par systems in place for years and we have these players who've grown accustomed to working within them. If they can't adapt to a better system, we find people who can (obviously difficult right now). The club is a business, at the end of the day, and businesses don't...
  39. E

News Canterbury Bulldogs the sleeping giants of the NRL

Call that the DJDeep Cut.
  40. E

Chasing Luai

Burton and Sexton, with a full pre-season together, have a lot of potential. Burton has a heap of talent but needs a smart 7 to drive the combo. Sexton seems like he might that player. Luai would likely be a waste of money.
  41. E

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

On paper, maybe. In reality, I reckon it'll take a fair bit for Roosters to give Robbo the boot. He's a proven, multi-premiership winning coach for them. If we have another awful year in 2024, CC's head could be on the chopping block.
  42. E

2-0 with Toby Sexton in the team this season

Is that not a thing? Now I understand why all my light switches are leaking!
  43. E

Lineup that gives us the best chance to beat Knights in Round 24?

Edwards up there in the VB Hard Earned for last week.
  44. E

2023 Round 22 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Barring critical injuries, I reckon Penriff probably go on to get the threepeat this year. They look switched on, nearing the end of the season.
  45. E

Grant, lying on Gutho: "Does it look like I'm laying an egg?!"
  46. E

Did Hughes just kamehameha?
  47. E

If Parramatta aren't happy with the result tonight, they can just use Gutho's head to erase it.
  48. E

You cursed him. He sensed someone was imagining him in a Bulldogs jersey and immediately put 2 passes in to touch.
  49. E

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Where do you play him, if you keep him in the side (remembering that Knight probably joins the bench)?
  50. E

Rumour RFM and Sutton told to find new clubs

I'd be inclined to let RFM go. If he's having issues with the way things are being done and causing problems, why wasn't he causing problems in the past 5 years, when the club was constantly shitting the bed? No one who's grown accustomed to the soft shit we've been doing for years should be...
  51. E

Liam Knight?

Fuck yeah, now that's the kind of signing I can get behind. He was excellent as Todd in Breaking Bad.
  52. E

Rumour RFM and Sutton told to find new clubs

Sutton: "Hey Cam. Really glad to be working with you. Just a quick question. What would you say is our team's defensive style?" Ciraldo: "None." Sutton: *Dials manager*
  53. E

Rd 21 v Panthers

JAC, Kiks and Sexton hopefully back in the side next week, Avo back to permanent fullback, Hughes, Wilson and Edwards hopefully stay in with Ok, Alamoti and Perham out. We could field a pretty solid team against the Fins.
  54. E

Rd 21 v Panthers

"Burton! He's gonna bomb it!" ....couldn't see that coming.
  55. E

Rd 21 v Panthers

This is going to be rough. I kind of understand Avo to 7, though. On our defensive efforts the past few weeks, the only chance we have of not being completely embarrassed is to score some points. Rajab, Flanno and KO in the halves have shown 0 creativity. At least Avo might (bolded and...
  56. E

2023 Round 21 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Boyd gets hooked. I have no idea how Sexton was stuck behind him. Sexton still has a long way to go but Boyd is almost Flanno level.
  57. E

Can someone explain Gould’s Fainu prison visit

Gus could announce that we'd successfully cloned Johnathon Thurston, aged him to 23yo and signed him on a 10 year contract and you'd still be on here pissing and moaning about Gus violating the United Nations Declaration on Human Cloning.
  58. E

No Source Hass to dogs

I hope it's lime.
  59. E

Burto Press Conference - Kikau In This Week?

Sucks about Sexton. With him in the side and Kiks back, I might have held out hope for an upset.
  60. E

Seyfarth and Wakeham to the Bulldogs in 2024

We need to make this happen. I reckon he's still got some post contact metres in him but, more importantly, we wouldn't have to listen to him commentate another one of our games.
  61. E

Burton is not worth big dollars

Burton's won us more games this year than anyone. If we'd lost him to a major injury in Rd 1, we'd probably be behind the Tigpies on the ladder. He's got some shit he needs to improve (most of our players do) but he's young and he's talented. With what should hopefully be a consistent 7 now, in...
  62. E

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

For all our troubles, at least we're not the Roosters. Only 1 win more than us despite a VASTLY superior roster and a multi-premiership winning coach. :P
  63. E

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

This argument is illogical. How many new Penrith fans do you think they've made in the past 3 years? They were garbage for longer than we've been. When you get it right, you attract new fans, especially the younger generations who want to be seen supporting a team that wins.
  64. E

Skelton

Both.
  65. E

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

Okunbor wondering what just happened.
  66. E

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

Never seen so many people fucking tilted at half time with a 4 point difference. :P
  67. E

Opinion Back 5 for next year

Not sure, actually. This is his first year but I'm not sure how long his contract is.
  68. E

Opinion Back 5 for next year

If Wilson keeps playing the way he is, he'll be vying for a spot in that line up.
  69. E

2023 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Heard some of Freddy's pre-game amp up. "Do not, under any circumstances, even in a try scoring situation, pass to JAC."
  70. E

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

"We're hearing the fan with the laser has been taken out behind the stadium and shot."
  71. E

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

2 tries in a row not from kicks? What is happening?
  72. E

2023 Round 19 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Reckon Canberra keep fading out of games because Ricky Stuart is REALLY bad at half time speeches? :P
  73. E

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

What "secret"? Gus made it clear he'd warned CC, during the pre-season documentary.
  74. E

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

I really don't rate him, based on what I've seen of him. He IS better than what we have but only because we don't actually have a single NRL level halfback. For our sake and his, I hope I'm wrong about him and he kicks on (and not out on the full).
  75. E

Opinion Burton and our current form

I like Burto so I feel rude saying this but, whilst he has talent in spades, I don't think he has the brains to be a 7. I still believe we could find a lot of success with him at 6 but there has to be an organiser beside him and there needs to be someone to mentor him, otherwise turning that...
  76. E

Are you on the bus?

Why is there so much condensation on the Perspex screen behind them? Is the bus driver furiously jerking it back there?
  77. E

News CONFIRMED: Freddy axes FIVE stars amid seven changes in huge Blues shake up

Fittler is cooked. How did Best suddenly make the side? He scored a hattrick against a Dogs side who's defence was the equivalent of sheepishly saying, "Hey, wait, no, don't do that!" as he ran past us.
  78. E

Opinion 4 Game Win Streak

Gus mentioned it during an interview, earlier in the year, but as a new initiative, not one that's been going for any serious length of time.
  79. E

Official Gus on Twitter

Did they? Or did Potter just give them carte blanche to play their own game? Also, we all loved Potter when we started winning games last year but maaaaybe we all remember it through rose coloured glasses because Baz had left us so desperate for a win? Potter lost plenty of games, too.
  80. E

An explanation?

A team needs obsessive, Type A personalities like Kiraz. People for whom nothing short of first place will ever be good enough. If you have too few, they'll eventually get jack of everyone else taking the piss. I don't blame him for being unhappy with some of the playing group.
  81. E

Rd 18 vs Knights 3-2-1

3. The full time siren 2. The shit I got done instead of watching the final 30 minutes. 1. Preston.
  82. E

An explanation?

Isn't King engaged? His fiancée is a model, though. I'd wager he's stuck to her like glue, every chance he gets. It would take next level emotional maturity to be sweet with your Mrs modelling online while you can't even fuck.
  83. E

Perham

I remember that game. Was also cautiously optimistic. Says a lot, though, that, even in his best performance, there were still excuses that had to be made for some of the things he failed to do on the day. :P
  84. E

Official Hooking Rajab

I'd love to know what's happening between NSW Cup and first grade. Has the divide between the comps grown THAT much? We are the dominant side in NSW Cup. Our for and against blows everyone but Newtown's out of the water. Yet, when we need to pull players in to first grade, they are clearly not...
  85. E

Mahoney In Presser

By effort of course I mean the energy he puts in from minute 1-80, definitely not the kicks he puts in. XD
  86. E

Mahoney In Presser

I won't fault Reed's effort (and I think his performances are getting worse because he's getting increasingly desperate for something to spark the side) but he's not a leader. He shouldn't have the C and he shouldn't be fronting the press every week. I said it in another thread and I'll say it...
  87. E

Has Ciraldo done anything to improve the team?

Ciraldo needs to cop this one on the chin but it's not all him. What both we and the Tigers are missing is leadership. We've got a shit roster, a rookie coach and a season plagued by injuries and I wasn't expecting us to make the 8 but what we need to actually hold our heads high and not...
  88. E

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Tuned back in with a minute to go, to see how badly we were beaten. Does Perham have fucking Parkinsons? We shifted out wide to him and all he needed to do was run in a straight line and he was STILL moving laterally somehow.
  89. E

I had a music project I needed to work on today and was a little frustrated the game would eat in to my time. Gonna reclaim 30 minutes.
  90. E

From an actual lefty, boo the *****. This is abysmal.
  91. E

I'm going to need one after this.
  92. E

Before the panthers got back on track, this was exactly the sentiment amongst their fanbase. Yes, it is going to take years. You can have all the wet dreams you want about it but Ciraldo will be here next season.
  93. E

If you think Gus, who has been vocal about the amount of work that needs to be done to fix the club, is going to get rid of Ciraldo after a single season, you're delusional.
  94. E

Nothing adds insult to injury when we lose like Blocker commentating.
  95. E

From what I'm reading, both of them had coach clauses in their contracts. What a decision to have to make for the club. Keep Holbrook and suck or drop Holbrook, potentially lose two star forwards and suck. :P
  96. E

We haven't but I'm not sure it was ever really about that. It became abundantly clear that Flanno was never going to be our long term half. He'd had more than long enough to prove himself. It was time to start getting our young guys some experience.
  97. E

2023 Round 18 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Why would they not take the 2 there?
  98. E

2023 Round 18 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Wow. Got home and opened Kayo. I told my Mrs I was expecting to see a blowout score. Wasn't expecting 56-0 with 20 to go. :O