Search results

1. My Shawarma

In Phil Gould we trust

wow so even Cleary after making the GF with the Warriors in 2011 went into that Penrith team in 2012 and struggled. Gould must absolutely love what he does because he takes on some big jobs of turning clubs around.
  2. My Shawarma

Opinion How deflating seriously?

Wish Preston got that last try, the fans went up in the corner. Would have been nice to land something on them at the end there.
  3. My Shawarma

Forgot the Burton intercept pass on fulltime on the brain snap list, that is 4 insane level brain snaps. I certainly would not want to be an NRL coach lol
  4. My Shawarma

Opinion Common sense & The Kennel

That's what I mean, they were more disciplined. They made a bunch of errors but no brain snaps. Also thought DCE absolutely killed us with his kicking game, every single kick was on point from him.
  5. My Shawarma

I disagree our development prospects are far better and our spine is shaping up nicely for 2024.
  6. My Shawarma

Opinion 2016 vs 2023 - RD 1 vs Manly

To put into perspective of why we are still struggling. Yes our roster has had massive changes in the past 2 seasons but when you look back for all the changes it isn't close to the quality and experience our last finals team.
  7. My Shawarma

SHOCKING! That is marquee level of pay for not a lot of return. Ok think of who we could get for that money. NAS, Keppie & Bullemor. We could sign 3 for the price of two.
  8. My Shawarma

Look credit to Manly, they had the better moments of the game were more disciplined overall in terms of errors. They were a lot sharper with the ball in attack, they focused on going through the ruck first before shifting wide. They tackled hard and ran hard all game. I still thought that pack...
  9. My Shawarma

Johns was decent, nothing flash. DCE was steering them around, he barely had to do much. The problem is Aloia, Keppie, Paseka & Bullemor became world class or at least that's how they looked, they were rampaging through like Jason Taumalolo back when Cowboys won the comp.
  10. My Shawarma

Forwards who can stand up to Keppie & Paseka lol Bring back Mason & O'Meley. Sick of these mugs bullying us. I think by 2024 our spine is actually going to be in really good shape, probably the best it's been since Kimmorley & Ennis days.
  11. My Shawarma

It's a lot of money I know. If we had to get a rough estimate how much cap is tied up in Thompson & TPJ what would it be?
  12. My Shawarma

It's going to be a thorn in the side, once that is rectified it will be a huge step in the right direction.
  13. My Shawarma

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

It is harder to assemble a top spine, so I can understand why they are looking at that first. If we lock up a spine long term, we can assemble around that. Having a young production line of forwards is easier than a production line of 9s or 7s. We had Jackson, Finucane & Klemmer all on the...
  14. My Shawarma

Reed Mahoney was class, of all the players he was the one who caught the eye of even the Manly supporters. He knocked the wind out of one of their players with a tackle and another where he picked up and dumped in a text book tackle. The man is a warrior was throwing himself into everything...
  15. My Shawarma

Actually now that I think of it who the hell in their right mind would want to be a coach??? Seriously, Ciraldo must be pulling his hair out with some of the things he saw out their today. The crazy thing was even with all the silly plays we were only 12-6 at half time.
  16. My Shawarma

There were some incredible brain snaps out there today. What can Ciraldo do about that? Kikau kicking it... why is he kicking?? Then kicks it out on the full Addo-Carr going for the miracle play at half time almost results in a try for Manly (Max King thank you) Kicking out on the full from...
  17. My Shawarma

Has anyone on here given credit to Manly? Everyone is too busy scapegoating certain players, this place needs to clean up it's act. Where is horse? Get behind the team and support the boys through the good times and the bad. Stop running your agendas and arm chair coaching clinics.
  18. My Shawarma

These two things do not mix. I have to call it out for what it is. Idiocy that is on Harry & Meghan levels, some of the disparaging comments about players and their ability is embarrassing. Arm chair coaches calling for insane positional switches thinking the coach doesn't know what he is...
  19. My Shawarma

Burton is overrated.

Anyone new to the Kennel steer well clear of this thread, too many idiots in here who have agendas.
  20. My Shawarma

Opinion 2016 vs 2023 - RD 1 vs Manly

Who from our 2023 squad would get in to the 2016 team?
  21. My Shawarma

I'm drawing up a list of our 2016 roster vs our current one now. 2016 is the last time we played finals I think. I am seeing who from our current squad would get into that team.
  22. My Shawarma

News DOGS’ ‘BEWILDERING’ ATTACK LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED

Perspective is needed, the roster simply isn't close to the levels of 2012 to 2016.
  23. My Shawarma

Opinion Forwards

Can't find the highlights for the 2014 Week 1 Finals vs Storm but we absolutely belted them. Also Belmore game vs Storm we belted them as well:
  24. My Shawarma

Burton is just a centre (March 23)

Mate I think you are absolutely spot on, it was so clear today seeing what a mismatch our pack was to Manly.
  25. My Shawarma

Burton is overrated.

Guys relax. We've had more successful seasons with Keating, Reynolds, Hodkinson (who could barely run). Perrett & Hopoate at fullback, Lichaa at hooker, Tony Williams & Jackson at five eighth at times. In order to start winning more than we lose we need a forward pack that can bash teams into...
  26. My Shawarma

News Canterbury chairman John Khoury urges fans to be ‘patient’ with new-look Bulldogs

Forward pack is not up to standard of the Hasler years. Until we get back to those standards we won't get close to finals or NRL glory.
  27. My Shawarma

Burton is just a centre (March 23)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Jake Trebojevic was the only toiler/workhorse type of the Manly pack.
  28. My Shawarma

TPJ Injured ?

Patolo & Thompson don't really get me excited to be honest after seeing what they dished up last year. I really like Pangai Jnr, I just don't know if he can lead a pack. He was good off the bench last season.
  29. My Shawarma

Opinion Forwards

We played some ugly stuff under Hasler post 2012 with plenty of errors & brainsnaps at times but we'd still win more than we'd lose due to our pack being absolutely stacked.
  30. My Shawarma

Opinion Forwards

It's obvious the majority of fans on this site are clueless. There are two threads of 4 to 6 pages talking about how Burton is a centre or whatever, then there is a bash Kyle Flanagan thread. Thank you to the fans who have restored sanity in this forum, anyone calling for a signing like NAS is...
  31. My Shawarma

You can still wrestle back control of the game after errors, Manly had a lot of fuck ups as well. I saw Paseka & Bullemor bust through tackles and make breaks, Keppie & Jake Trebojevic were dumping our props on their backsides. We got absolutely smashed through the forwards.
  32. My Shawarma

All the other games are close which makes it look even worse
  33. My Shawarma

Opinion Forwards

Vs Manly last game of 2022 our pack also got dominated by theirs until TPJ came off the bench and changed it.
  34. My Shawarma

I can't stress this enough, people looking elsewhere are unfortunately are not tuned in to the details of the game. People on about Burton, Flanagan, please forget it. The main problem is the front row engine room. We can't get ruck speed without big boppers causing some damage in the middle.
  35. My Shawarma

We need two world class front rowers.
  36. My Shawarma

Round 1. Post Game Autopsy

Realistically how many games can we win off the backfoot? Our pack got dominated it was far too lopsided that affair.
  37. My Shawarma

Opinion Forwards

This is our biggest issue from seeing that game live. Forward pack 100%
  38. My Shawarma

I will say this, that score easily could have blown out to a 40 to 50 point game. We did show some resilience, considering we were on the backfoot most of the game. We couldn't contain their forward pack, they were busting us through the middle far too often.
  39. My Shawarma

Was at Brookvale Oval on the eastern hill. Two key points: We lost the forwards battle Our attack looked poor as did against the Sharks in that trial.
  40. My Shawarma

Was deep in enemy territory today. It was a disaster class watching from the hill in terms of our attack. Things didn't click, although there were good efforts individually especially Mahoney he was a class above. Sutton was strong as well. Overall I thought their pack really took it to us...
  41. My Shawarma

Leniu - What happened?

Good point, never thought of that. Often people think the players are getting the brown paper bags at the Roosters, it could very well be a case of them "building relationships with managers" (brown paper bags)
  42. My Shawarma

The plan is get on the beers, then head down to face the ferals. If we win it will be worth it, if we lose... no thought of that, we must win an all costs. The main reason I'm going is to see if there are improvements in how we play. How badly these players want to win and if they are buying in.
  43. My Shawarma

Who else is going to the game? What should I expect? This is my first time going to Brookvale Oval
  44. My Shawarma

Opinion Aussie Muscle Cars

Thanks UmoGus, haha good profile pic that
  45. My Shawarma

Opinion Aussie Muscle Cars

Weighing up between a Ford or Holden V8 ute. There seem to be more Holden's available in manual so I am leaning towards that. Have V8's come down in price with fuel going up? Or is it better to save the cash and go for a straight or v6 option in this inflated market?
  46. My Shawarma

News Spencer Leniu “As good as done”: Penrith enforcer set for surprise club switch

The formula is simple stack the forward pack Cam and Gus running the show we will have more class in the spine to be a consistent top 4 competitor.
  47. My Shawarma

News Spencer Leniu “As good as done”: Penrith enforcer set for surprise club switch

I think Pele could be that guy, Patolo has to step up or it is bust for him
  48. My Shawarma

He could sign for more and still play a similar role. I’d be starting TPJ and Leniu off the bench. With our current pack if TPJ isn’t off the bench there is no impact unless another up and coming forward has a breakout season. We need two enforcers to get those dominant 80min performances.
  49. My Shawarma

Waddell is better than Thompson. No he would not offer better value. Leniu gets momentum through the ruck and will get us on the front foot a bit like B Smith
  50. My Shawarma

The Kennel Premiere

Certainly feels like the start of a new era, the front office looks to be in order for the first time in so long. They are delivering content fans have been wanting. Looks like all the players are buying in. If we have a successful season it’s only going to become more attractive to new...
  51. My Shawarma

News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

Seriously who writes this stuff? That’s right it’s Mr beetroot face Buzz
  52. My Shawarma

The Kennel - Meet Up

Best way to ignore the trolls with a real life event lol I’m planning to go to more games this season. going to rd1 at Brooky and possibly going to Melbourne rd2 would be good to build some Kennel connections at the games
  53. My Shawarma

Massive Earthquake Turkey and Syria

Absolutely devastating. I was watching the news this morning, wondered how did so many high rise apartments get build in a zone like this. It’s greed adding to even more tragedy.
  54. My Shawarma

Rate rises and your mortgage

Every person I’ve spoken to about this has said the cash rate has to match or go above the rate of inflation to get inflation under control. I could never see it happening with the levels of mortgage debt
  55. My Shawarma

News Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Buzz for the sake of your own sanity stick to arguing with Hoops on NRL 360 Bulldogs are living rent free in his head now we are on the improve.
  56. My Shawarma

Opinion Do you have any Bulldogs Merchandise Favourites?

People thought I was taking the piss with Deano as my profile pic and previous name, I stick solid with the boys, no matter how shit we are going. It's the 2003 card collection, I've got some footy tazos as well
  57. My Shawarma

2022 Grand Final Day - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

If Parra win I will go into hiding, ducking and dodging their fans. They need to start fast, if Parra get the ascendancy early they will get a lot of belief and will be incredibly difficult to break down.
  58. My Shawarma

2022 Grand Final Day - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I'm deep in Parramatta territory today, the amount of flags around there is a GF buzz in the area. This could be the year they do it.
  59. My Shawarma

Souths - 5 Consecutive Prelim Finals - 1 GF - Zero Premierships

The spotlight should be on Latrell, he got suspended last season and went missing against the Panthers
  60. My Shawarma

2022 Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Go the Cowboys! Would be great to see Eels bundled out in Nth QLD. Hoping it happens but I expect Eels to win.
  61. My Shawarma

I just get the feeling Eels will win. Brad Arthur has handled the media really well in the lead up to the game. He has got the siege mentality going for the Eels.
  62. My Shawarma

Trell needs to have the game of his life. Panthers will be too fresh and they have a plan for Trell unlike the Sharks.
  63. My Shawarma

Russia vs Ukraine

Putin has lost the plot without Trump keeping him in check. Dementia Joe isn't the right man for the top job.
  64. My Shawarma

Out of Respect to Queen Elizabeth. A separate Royal Meme Thread

I thought it was interesting that every network apart from channel 10 had coverage. The lack of respect from that network is poor form.
  65. My Shawarma

Opinion Adopt a Rabbit

Absolutely disgraceful supporting Souths, didn't take you long to hop off Elliott's dick.
  66. My Shawarma

2022 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Fair points but come on Parra, all the fans will come out of the woodwork. Gutherson & Moses egos will get even bigger
  67. My Shawarma

2022 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I want Rabbits to go through, the GF rematch with Trell
  68. My Shawarma

2022 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

This is going to be epic, walker & Mitchell at the Roosters home ground
  69. My Shawarma

News Pangai fighting fit

Can Gus sign Ben Teo to sort out Danny
  70. My Shawarma

News Pangai fighting fit

This is the definition of fake news, won't believe it until I see it.
  71. My Shawarma

Cooper John & Meaney that would be a perfect halves combo for Bellamy to leave the Storm with.
  72. My Shawarma

Parra played too conservative, for a team that had nothing to lose with the 2nd bite they should have been offloading and moving Panthers D around with some shifts.
  73. My Shawarma

Also Yeo is the best lock in the game, he is an absolute machine.
  74. My Shawarma

Let's all hope that Elliott and the Raiders go deep into the finals and knock out Parra next week.
  75. My Shawarma

Thankfully the Broncos didn't make it, all the match ups look like they won't be blow outs. Raiders will be a huge test for the Storm.
  76. My Shawarma

Opinion Your 2022 team of the Year

If Elliott is not included it's not even worthy of discussion. Storm are going to bow out thanks to an Elliott masterclass
  77. My Shawarma

Opinion Your 2022 team of the Year

No Elliott haha, how is he not included?
  78. My Shawarma

Corey Waddell

The good the bad and the ugly, he mixed it up against Manly
  79. My Shawarma

Opinion The moment it dawned: the Premiership drought

Dib deserves way more criticism on here, he was a total disaster.
  80. My Shawarma

Round 25 Team list + discussion

King has been excellent gets through plenty of work. TPJ although inconsistent is the enforcer in our pack and played well last night.
  81. My Shawarma

One point in it, Schoupp has been learning off the fox. Flanagan stepped up in the last 10mins. Then it was Burton with the clutch plays.
  82. My Shawarma

The set up for our last attack was all wrong, we look rudderless so many times in our sets.
  83. My Shawarma

Our structured attack looks awful. Both tries off adlib footy
  84. My Shawarma

There is no leadership in the spine, when TPJ is off our pack was getting manhandled.
  85. My Shawarma

We are so much better with Jackson and Stimson off the field.
  86. My Shawarma

Benji Marshall spotted at the stadium
  87. My Shawarma

Potter vs Des going to be an interesting match up
  88. My Shawarma

Pumped for this one, going to the game. Des & Manly he has had an ugly end to the season and it could get worse if we get the job done.
  89. My Shawarma

We have a Sutton but thankfully he is only a touch judge for this game. I think we lose the penalty count by a lot but still end up winning this one. Gough is a new ref so he will want to impress the Sutton bros by caning us.
  90. My Shawarma

Change Username Request

Current user name: Deano's Dogs of War Requested user name: My Shawarma
  91. My Shawarma

I'm feeling confident about this one, I'll probably end up going to see this one live.
  92. My Shawarma

Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

Wrong. If Wakeham was better he'd be starting.
  93. My Shawarma

Gus targets 1 + 7?

That is irrelevant he needs to run more, he has all the physical attributes to do so. The Titans game he showed what he can do
  94. My Shawarma

Hunt chase puts Flanagan in no-win situation

Follow the Raiders blueprint. Use Burton as a runner like Wighton, then get a solid halfback like Fogarty.