Search results

1. The Dog House

Opinion Injury replacements

Addo-Carr and Blake Wilson
  2. The Dog House

Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

Will help with depth, hope he comes to something, but clearly some issues with clubs regarding fitness Id assume. Most minutes he’s played is 36, and averages just 18 in his 11 games of first grade, all coming off the bench. Made 150 metres in that game though, more than our props can make in 60...
  3. The Dog House

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

A defensive minded coach that in 2 trials has shown massive improvements from last year? A spine that’s half new players and have played 2 games together? Forwards who are probably the most inexperienced in the comp yet stood up to Cronullas who are one of the best?
  4. The Dog House

Your Round 1 Team?

1. Critta (centres for days, needs the ball as much as possible, better than taaffe) 2. Fox 3. Xerri (if he performs well against actual sharks first graders, wilson wing, kiraz centre if not) 4. Tracey 5. Kiraz (best player out of yardage, only player who knows how to contest bombs apparently)...
  5. The Dog House

Burtons best position?

He’s our best 5/8th option by far and away. Even if he’s also our best centre as well, who would be giving him good ball? Especially since we have a thousand other centre options, including outside backs in lower grades that havnt debuted.
  6. The Dog House

Official Internationals

The article compares them to the Samoans who sing the song with pride, but that’s simply because the song represents them and their pride. The players should be snubbed because they don’t agree with the anthem, so they don’t sing it? Same day assuming they lost the referendum, assuming, since...
  7. The Dog House

News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

only time he played fullback was in 2021, and he was the third choice if I remember correctly. Definitely developed since then, become more athletic, and learnt more. Take that with a full pre season at fullback and I think he’d kill it. Still statistically did well in those games anyway
  8. The Dog House

I get the point, but I’m saying he gets the errors because of how much he touches the ball. Taaffe makes errors without nearly as many touches Im going Critta for fullback because I think the ball needs to be in his hands as much as possible, and we don’t have the players to allow him to be a...
  9. The Dog House

Reece Walsh touches the ball way more with 25 try assists and 9 tries in 21 games, and averages 50 more metres
  10. The Dog House

ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

Speaking of big boys, Klese Haas to dogs confirmed cause he liked my instagram post
  11. The Dog House

Rumour Alamoti

Unfortunately players are ready for first grade at different stages, and Alamoti much like so many other Bulldogs has been rushed into first grade because we have no better option. Just remember Cody Walker debuted at 26
  12. The Dog House

Jackson Topine appreciation thread

I’ve always thought Preston has been far more dangerous on the left than the right, and that showed tonight as well, couldn’t get into much good space. Odd decision to move him right since he’s played most of his juniors on the left and Topine is usually a right side second rower. With that...
  13. The Dog House

i only ever see hate about how he’s selfish and too small nowadays, havnt seen one good thing in a while
  14. The Dog House

I know some of you won’t like this as the Kennel is a live Topine hate place, but I think he deserves a lot of respect Topine for 2 years now has been killing it in NSW Cup and has not gotten a fair run in first grade. When he has come into first grade, it’s usually been to fill in at centre...
  15. The Dog House

Perham

100% right. TPJ hasn’t been all that great but is the only one with Pele going forward. Unfortunately those two are also the ones who are seemingly the most unfit and can’t stay out there for long. Hard for any of the spine to do anything in a pack like that
  16. The Dog House

Perham

I understand that Perham has errors in him and his defence isn’t great, but seriously who would you rather at the moment? Kiraz and Averillo have been building a great combo, wouldn’t want to move either of them and change up the right edge which has been our shining light Wilson who won’t...
  17. The Dog House

Opinion Fraud watch- RFM

The right to be upset but really gonna talk down on every player you can? We’ve had tons of injuries this season and now you wanna start blaming losses on him who makes 30 tackles a game at 95% and 100 metres. He’s no Cam Murray or Isaah Yeo but who would you rather play there for us at the...
  18. The Dog House

Opinion Fraud watch- RFM

Why do people always find a new person to hate? The bloke is the club captain ffs. No, he’s not in his prime at all, but what do you expect after an 18 month foot injury? Also don’t have too many options, like do you want Harrison Edwards starting over him? RFM also wouldn’t be on too much money...
  19. The Dog House

News Josh Reynolds completes stunning Bulldogs comeback

he played second row. Named wing but moved at the start of the game
  20. The Dog House

News The Dally M leader and two-time reject Ciraldo wants to build Bulldogs around

100%. People act like he’s wasted in the wing when in the modern game that’s just not the case. If we were to switch Averillo and Kiraz for example, there’d be way more dropped balls close to the line and less of Kiraz backing himself running down the wing
  21. The Dog House

News The Dally M leader and two-time reject Ciraldo wants to build Bulldogs around

How do people hate Averillo do much to say he’s not a good centre. I used to think that, but this year you have to admit he’s been really solid, especially for someone who’s unfairly been forced to change positions every 10 games. Only area he lacks statistically is defence, and that can be...
  22. The Dog House

Opinion Where will Crichton play?

i actually would have Xerri in cup to start, once again, hasn’t played nrl in years, match fitness is different to normal fitness. Critta I would have at fullback, I think he’s the best option even if Perham continues to kill it. If we can get Perham on good coin I’d keep him as a reserve since...
  23. The Dog House

Young Blokes are on Fire.

here’s the link to the game if anyone’s wondering
  24. The Dog House

too slow yet still made 2 long range tries work. The first try he intercepted and had the patience and understanding to pass to fox at the right time instead of taking on Naden himself or panicking and throwing a bad ball The second try broke a couple tackles to make the line break and once...
  25. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

He’s special, I know the bloke haha. Really good bloke, but yes, special
  26. The Dog House

It’s a problem, but for the first time in years, it’s a good one for us. Ciraldo will have a tough time selecting the team and it’ll be great
  27. The Dog House

If we’re to believe that Crichton didn’t sign to play fullback, where does he take over in ‘24? This is if Averillo, Perham, and Alamoti all keep playing outstanding and improve every week as they have been Keep in mind we do bring Xerri on board too (who I think should switch to the second...
  28. The Dog House

Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

My theory is that they’ve given Burton the kicking to say he’s the future and why bothers train Flano for that when he’s gonna leave. Then they finally realised this week Burton can’t kick a conversation for the life of him
  29. The Dog House

Assuming Blore and Bateman are out still, Kepoa and Seyfarth will likely be their starting back row. Kikau and Preston will put 16 on them alone. Even if those blokes are back, Bateman didn’t go great back in Super League and had no pre season with Tigers, and Blore is bang average. They also...
  30. The Dog House

Also helps that their big edge signing in Papali'i is suspended while Kikau just has a fine, and Mahoney is going great for us, Kori not so much for them. With that said, dont want to get ahead of myself, but the week is looking good
  31. The Dog House

Bulldogs MYTH BUSTING!!!!!

aaron woods would be scarier if he was lebo
  32. The Dog House

don’t think he ever captained the country, and i get you’re all jokes and giggles nasheed, but seriously tell me who you’re most scared of here?
  33. The Dog House

Nasheed did you really just say Woods is intimidating? Did you seriously level him with NAS and JWH? You’re smarter than that
  34. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

Burton and Addo-Carr were close to the best combination in the comp last year, I just don’t get how adding Kikau and Alamoti has hurt that so much especially since both of them are playing well
  35. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

All he needed was to come right, and he should continue. All the talk has been about our left edge but our right has been far better. Deadly team if we finally start clicking on the left like expected
  36. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

I just can’t wait for TPJ to come back and hopefully Thompson comes earlier than expected. Add that to Davey and Patolo returning from injury and we have some competition for bench spots which we havnt had in a minute
  37. The Dog House

Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

one of the best defensive halves imo, and that’s because he’s a complete effort player. In terms of effort, Bellamy would rather Flano than Wishart to be the 5/8th. Kicks have also improved. Just needs better decision making in attack
  38. The Dog House

Flanagan just can’t be running the ball anymore, gains about 2 metres and often on 4th making more pressure on Burton
  39. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

Who do we have to sub him for? Our best option was Okunbor (lol) and I think he came on for Waddell (fair). Not 100% though
  40. The Dog House

Burton is overrated.

Kikau was the first player to meet the winger/fullback off of our long kicks and constantly backed up his tackles with a second. Of course he’s gonna be a bit tired playing 80 like that
  41. The Dog House

How are so many people wanting Oloapu already. No, I don’t think for one second Flano is the answer, but Oloapu is a clear 5/8th who almost definitely cannot steer the ship at 18. Burton player like absolute dog water against Manly because he was focusing on organising which he cannot do. Fuck...
  42. The Dog House

Genuine spine options for 2023

My bad, should’ve read better. In my defence, this should’ve even be a discussion. We’ve said for years to stop changing the spine for players to build form and combinations, and now everyone wants to change that?
  43. The Dog House

Genuine spine options for 2023

Stop making it complicated, it’s already decided except for the halfback because Flano is off contract. 1. Crichton 6. Burton 7. ? 9. Mahoney Hopefully we get a good organising halfback, because Burton can’t do that. Unlike a lot of people in this forum, I do think when in form Burton is a top 3...
  44. The Dog House

The Kennel Premiere

Finally seems like we’ve got a good bunch of players who want to play for the club. Based on interviews, RFM, Fox, Mahoney, Burto, King etc all love the club
  45. The Dog House

Josh Mansour at Belmore

Not sure how much this means, probably nothing at all, but interesting nonetheless and thought to let TK run riot with this one
  46. The Dog House

Josh Reynolds contract?

He’s in the team photo which is reserved for only Top 30 players. You see no other development player in there
  47. The Dog House

The Kennel Premiere

Arthur Meredith put it all together. He’s been at the club a couple seasons and is our main media guy now. Also the one who went with Samoa
  48. The Dog House

Reynolds top 30?

They’ve all been using the shirt with Young Academics as the sleeve sponsor since returning from Christmas break
  49. The Dog House

News Tom Trbojevic injured

Even if he does play, this messes up their pre-season a whole bunch
  50. The Dog House

We lost to them 13-12 in round 3 last year when they had Turbo. Our team has improved a lot since then, when we had Dufty, Naden, Wakeham, Hetherington playing, and Baz as coach. Their team has barely changed, and they’ve now lost Foran and gained Seibold as their coach. We should win
  51. The Dog House

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-news-tom-trbojevic-injured-at-training-star-sea-eagle-requires-scans-to-hamstring/news-story/49574282f474b5cc09e1c98159d6a924?amp Not sure on the extent of the injury, and you really have to feel for the bloke, but it definitely helps our round 1...
  52. The Dog House

Off season podcasts (and audio media snippets) on Bulldogs specific topics

Only bad thing about CC is that he’s a tigers fan which I should’ve known before this poddy
  53. The Dog House

News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

I’m not saying Burton will have a career anywhere near as good as JT, but are you saying he showed more signs than Burton in his early years of first grade? Mix that with Burtons junior years being impacted massively with COVID
  54. The Dog House

2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Arthur Meredith, our content guy who was with Samoa in the World Cup is back. Expect a lot more photos and videos from now on
  55. The Dog House

News Sad time for Kikau

Great things here from Ciraldo
  56. The Dog House

News Bulldogs Roster Changes ..

to be fair if someone put my page up and said ‘news’ id laugh at that too
  57. The Dog House

News Sad time for Kikau

Hope he takes extra time off if he needs for mourning, condolences to him and his family
  58. The Dog House

News Bulldogs Roster Changes ..

Man’s really calling Clarkey news
  59. The Dog House

As of now, genuinely curious who you would play on the wing
  60. The Dog House

Probably our best player under a high ball, and our best player to make tough carry’s, he’s a great winger and by far our best option for that right side. Alamoti, Skelton, Burns are all good centres, and Casey is a better centre than winger. We’ve got no other good winger
  61. The Dog House

Tackle busting machine and doesn’t miss tackles, sounds like a solid edge forward to me. In terms of keeping him in reserve grade to start, I think you’ll notice his match fitness is still at times low, and that’s expected from a 7s background. Will be a consistent starter towards the end of the...
  62. The Dog House

People in the kennel love the thought of Kiraz at centre, but don’t realise our wing depth is way worse than centre. Our best wing options if Kiraz goes centre are Okunbor and Allan. Keep Kiraz on the wing and have someone inside him who knows how to pass him the ball. Our centre depth is far...
  63. The Dog House

I love skelton, but gotta give him more time to learn league before coming into first grade. Will become a great second rower imo in the future
  64. The Dog House

Absolutely shredded
  65. The Dog House

News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

If you don’t think moses puts his body on the line then you need to take your bulldogs glasses off for a sec and watch him play And if you want to talk about players not putting their body on the line, what about DCE and Benji Marshall? DCE cannot make a tackle to save his life, yet was the...
  66. The Dog House

News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

I’m not saying he’s a great defender, but he’s definitely not a liability. James Maloney, made the most missed tackles in the nrl basically every year, yet every team he played for bar penrith made a grand final. You can afford to have players who’ll miss a couple tackles if their good weighs...
  67. The Dog House

Missed tackles don’t necessarily mean the same thing for all players. He’s not simply throwing an arm out and hoping for the best, he’s having a real hot crack against the best in the world, with harold matts players defending outside him. Moses was by far Lebanons best this world cup and if we...
  68. The Dog House

News Kennel to Kangaroos: Addo-Carr excited to share Roo debut with Burton

Like the enthusiasm but surely you’ve got better maths skills than that
  69. The Dog House

Bulldogs in the RLWC2021

to be fair, i do want him actually playing some games heading into next season, he has no match fitness. Was our best player other than Foran in 2020, and when he’s on he does great, just needs to stay on
  70. The Dog House

Bulldogs in the RLWC2021

my guess is King wants to play for NSW eventually, seeing that he played for the PMs XIII
  71. The Dog House

News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

I take him over Luai (although his combo with Cleary is great and is why they chose him over burto), Moylan, Dearden. Rabbits would probably shift Walker to halfback to accommodate for Burto
  72. The Dog House

News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

How are you people having a go at Gallen when he said we did well, you hate in everything
  73. The Dog House

Opinion Sporting News - Five Eight Power Rankings

Isn’t it odd that the Kennel will complain when someone says a dogs player is bad, but also complain when others say a dogs player is good. Burtons been our best player. We made the most tackles this year out of any team, and Burton is an attacking 5/8th, doesn’t get the chance to show it a lot...
  74. The Dog House

Opinion Our pack next year

i just don’t think we should bother signing another prop since they simply aren’t the quality of vaughan. We already have big money in Thompson and whether you like it or not, he’s a great player and everyone would love him if he was on 500k. Even though he’s not on 500k and we’re paying overs...
  75. The Dog House

meant mahoney, my bad
  76. The Dog House

1. Fair enough, i love the reynolds signing but i just don’t see him cracking first grade. He was a reserve grader in England 2. Thompson looks like he’s going nowhere, Seumanufagai is solid and does his job, and Waddell isn’t even a prop 3. I would personally have topine on the bench at 14...
  77. The Dog House

1. you’ve chucked reynolds on the bench who’s on a train and trial deal 2. you’ve put ese’ese there but who tf wants to sign him 3. Your 17 jersey has two reserve grade props and two reserve grade second rowers over thompson who was our best player in 2021 You don’t deserve an opinion
  78. The Dog House

topine hate?

he’s basically the same size as hudson young who has been brilliant this year
  79. The Dog House

topine hate?

Overrated at times by fans, I agree, but very underrated by people who say he’s not a loss. Perfect utility value (second row, lock, hooker, centre), and every junior coach seems to have great wraps around his work ethic at training. Clearly one of the most passionate Bulldogs at the moment...
  80. The Dog House

topine hate?

Do you have to need to pass the ball nowadays to be a superstar?
  81. The Dog House

topine hate?

If my mail is true (don’t shoot the messenger), he’s very close to re-signing. Gus never likes to overpay or underpay, he’s just finding his value
  82. The Dog House

topine hate?

The club likes Topine more than people think. He played NSW cup the entire year, playing 80 minutes almost every single week. This allows him to develop a whole bunch in reggie’s like clubs used to do. He was then brought into first grade and played 80. Last week he played both NSW Cup and First...
  83. The Dog House

Rumour Josh Reynolds

Obviously our team was brilliant, im not denying that, but you don’t get there without passion, energy, and love all round. The boys loved him, and they played their natural game with him
  84. The Dog House

Rumour Josh Reynolds

Without Reynolds, we don’t make those grand finals because of the energy he brings. In 2012 the ball just didn’t bounce our way, he did nothing wrong. In 2014, we were completely outclassed by the Bunnies, nothing to do with him.
  85. The Dog House

Rumour Josh Reynolds

This has probably all been said but I can’t be fucked going through the thread, here is the pros to reynolds signing: - Would be on minimum wage - Lifts these local juniors who watched him play, making them better (eg kiraz) - Could literally bring more energy to the club than the fox - Wouldn’t...
  86. The Dog House

Opinion 2023 Squad

Alamoti was playing SG Ball in 2021 and was upgraded to a top 30 first grade contract this year. Papalii would probably be our only backup fullback option (i rate him more than toia) other than allan, and he got our SG Ball player of the season. Understand if people don’t want to select him, but...
  87. The Dog House

Opinion 2023 Squad

I don’t get what everyone has against Schoupp, please explain
  88. The Dog House

Rd 20 vs Knights 3-2-1

3. Burto 2. Kiraz 1. JMK
  89. The Dog House

Your most hated opposition player in the NRL?

you’re acting like he named himself king. I hate the eels, but love Gutho and Dylan Brown because they’re effort players
  90. The Dog House

Opinion Ava Seumanufagai

What’s everyone’s problem with big Ava? Been injured all year, and got limited minutes, with his most minutes being 37 twice. In those games, he averaged 123 metres, 55 pcm, and made 52 tackles with 0 missed. Also was our only forward alongside Thompson with any go forward last year, and is...
  91. The Dog House

Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

meant to say spoon, thanks for the correction
  92. The Dog House

Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

Probably his second good game this year, still been pretty bang average all year. I was a massive fan of the Mahoney signing, but his form worries me. Hopefully getting all his shit out at Parra before coming here
  93. The Dog House

Nofoaluma to Storm

Tigers have been selecting Naden over him, they’re fucked
  94. The Dog House

Opinion No Ciraldo. Potter2024

he was attacking coach with a team that had the ability to attack with structure. With our players, we couldn’t play structured footy, that’s why we’re more free flowing with Potter, cause he doesn’t like structure. Defence is an attitude, anyone can do it
  95. The Dog House

Opinion No Ciraldo. Potter2024

Potter assistant. Ciraldo is Penrith defensive coach and our defensive needs improving
  96. The Dog House

Opinion Declan Casey

Fuck I love this bloke. He’s not a fullback and made some crucial mistakes there, but his energy and passion is great. Will be good competition in coming years with Kiraz, Schoupp, Casey, Alamoti, Skelton, Burns all fighting for the centre jersey
  97. The Dog House

Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

He brings the Rugbg Union style to league and I love it, it’s something different, and something the other players aren’t used to defending against
  98. The Dog House

Faitala-Mariner thread

Crazy how people were saying he should medically retire to free up coin, especially since he wouldn’t even be on that much in the first place. Good on the bloke
  99. The Dog House

Opinion Mick Potter

the same team under baz 10 games 2 wins, 8 losses For - 96 Against - 221