Search results

1. L

News Schoolgirl sex scandal costs Bulldogs new $2 million sponsorship

i feel the same way i do remember us playing the very same team after coffs and we thrashed but that was a team of stars, we do not have that and you've just gotta think this could rattle us and as a fa, it just feels like the start of inevitable downward spiral (which is pretty hard to achieve...
  2. L

News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

dean pay press confrence coming up soon, poor bugger, got so close to a clean offseason where he jsut got asked footy questions now 2 starters, one a supposed leader have done this. i've made my stance pretty clear, they shouldn't play for us for atleast this season imo. not letting that...
  3. L

exactly, there is a vulnerability there that they have taken advantage of it. imagine being a parent of one of the girls, you shouldn't have to worry about them at school when a professional footy team is doing a clinic
  4. L

News Eels v Bulldogs: Round 1 preview (NRL.COM)

even if you want to stick with smith at centre, there is no reason why you can't have harper on the wing, he would be a capable winger hard to completely like the team, alot of due to the cattle being what it is but crighton just seems like he isn't cut for it and the other options have more...
  5. L

i think the club needs to do a few things 1. show that anything like this is not tolerated 2. put the image of the club above that of winning football games 3. still support the players, they need to be punished severely but their well being is still important i would sit them out of first...
  6. L

embarrassing look, deflating start to the season really thought CHN was looking like a leader, regardless of what he has done, it looks like that observation is well off the mark
  7. L

Will the Bulldogs beat Parramatta???

the bookies odds are fair, we will probably lose and there is a chance we do get beat pretty convincingly but on the flip side, if we defend tough, stay in the game then who knows, all the pressure is on parra, they are getting hyped up and they'll feel that pressure if we're up 2 with 20 to go
  8. L

Official Injury Update: A host of stars available for selection

to be honest, i think both shouln't really be 80 minutes guys anyways. probably works best if we have 2 hookers in the 17 this year. i thought JMK played some of his better games when he had a spell, work load made him a pass of the deck guy in some other games
  9. L

Adam Elliott (bloke in a bar podcast)

also another podcast for some fans, just started listening to the reni maitua podcast with justin horo. will finish on way home from work this sarvo but first bit has been pretty enjoyable, similar format but horo does it better then kemp imo
  10. L

Adam Elliott (bloke in a bar podcast)

i enjoyed it, i personally do like elliot but eventually one of 2 things have to happen a) he needs to take a big step forward, 1 good game every 4-5 weeks grouped with the odd absolute shocker if just not good enough, he relies to much on energy and when he is off, his impact is poor...
  11. L

Official Injury Update: A host of stars available for selection

bench make up is going to be interesting starting pack seems pretty obvious, tho not all would have it that way (myself included), it seems a lock to end up being 8 tolman 9 JMK 10 Napa 11 Jackson 12 CHN 13 Elliot Britt sounds like he has 1 spot and i think they go utility with 1 spot which...
  12. L

News Campo’s Corner preview: Bulldogs

its a good article, its hard to expect alot from us this season but i do expect us to be trying harder from the start the effort in the back end was was awesome but some of our early losses were embarrassing, i get that we'll lose more then we win because the attacking talent isn't there but...
  13. L

2020 memberships

me and the family re-signed on again saw a list on LU that has had 13th out of 13 clubs (3 yet to supply number, one was the broncos who will be at the top) i remember as a teenager in the early 2000's bagging clubs like tigers etc for being a bandwagon team, didn't realise at the time how...
  14. L

Opinion The R Smith Centre move/experiment

i'm a fan of the idea but for me it comes down to which prospect you rather Harper or Okunbur ? i think meaney and hoppa are clearly set in their position for this year and next, smith one of the other 2. i think harper looks more likely to be a guy that sticks around for a long time. okunbur...
  15. L

Opinion No Structure

i think wakeham has showed promise but i do agree, i remember people being quite outraged whenever the likes of ben roberts, billy ngawini and aaron groom the last time we were in this position (simply not enough talent at the present moment to make the 8) wakeham should play a fair amount of...
  16. L

News Kerrod Holland on mission to silence armchair critics

holland still struggled defensively, he is never gonna be a player that completely belongs but he looked a bit more confident in attack yesterday and is probably still our best option this season, its just clearly a position (aswell as hooker) that needs attention when we look to buy new players
  17. L

Rd 4 vs storm

realistically, if the storm show up, we are no chance regardless of how well we play, they have way to much ability for us with we where are at now but even tho they are so clinical, the storm are still like every other team in the comp and drop games they shouldn't. they have had 3 good wins...
  18. L

To all those who want Pay sacked...

i wouldn't sack him but lets say worst case scenario plays out and we win 1-2 games, regardless of all the excuses you can make for him, how can possibly justify extending his deal ? i get he has had a hard job but you don't sign new deals just because others may have been just as poor, you...
  19. L

Do we suffer from bad retention? bad recruitment? or bad development?

Development has been an issue for atleast 5 seasons, we just having been bringing through NRL quality players at the rates of most other teams lately our decisions based around who we keep and who we let go and who we sign have been poor for a while, if you were to look back several years...
  20. L

Mark Geyer on Rhyse Martin

i don't know what nathan browns injury has to do witha need for rhys martin, there is no way he is playing quality middle minutes in first grade Martin is a first grade edge player who is also a great goal kicker, no doubt about but at the same time, its the one position we have depth in and...
  21. L

Doggies need to get these guys out of the team list

i actually thought fualalo was either our best or 2nd best on Saturday, not that its saying much but seems pretty harsh to be on this lsit
  22. L

Bulldogs can't sign high-priced recruits for three years: CEO

i'm pretty sure our 2019 cap is pretty maxed out, 2020 we have some room and 2021 we could probably offer anyone anything its important to not go nuts, we already worsened the situation by signing napa is a long term deal on overs go hard for the right players not any player.
  23. L

Napa is a dud

personally don't want to burn the whole house down after 1 loss but like the OP, i never wanted napa and watching him not even want to touch the ball all but confirms my biggest fears that we wasted cap space when we have dire needs elsewhere but hey atleast he put on a random hit at the...
  24. L

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

warriors were alot more structure through out all of 2018 and with them choosing to move johnson on, its pretty clear their future is gonna be based around structured play. apparently Kata is playing on the same side at Fus, which is good because Kata is allergic to passing and Fus is incredible
  25. L

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

its not the exact side i would have picked but i'm gonna defend all the controversial selections because its round 1 and this is the time to trust the coaching staff, be concerned when they are still picking this side if we lose a few Fullback: Yes meaney looks to offer more attack but so did...
  26. L

New Zealand Warriors v Canterbury Bulldogs preview

i probably wouldn't pick montoya personally but i honestly do think he will player better at centre then he did last year on the wing
  27. L

New Zealand Warriors v Canterbury Bulldogs preview

happy for Keighran if he gets the chance, met him a few times when he was here and seemed like a nice guy. competitive player too the warriors imo are a dream first up match up in terms of a good test to see where we are at while still avoiding the big guns for now. There is reasons why they...
  28. L

News No contract extension yet but Pay has players' support

as a captain, i thought he had a great year tbh can't evaluate everything on results. he had and still has alot going against him, including: * Board issues at start of season * Falling out from Des departure * Leadership group decimated over course of last 2 season mostly due to salary cap...
  29. L

Former Bulldogs stars reveal toll of infamous gang rape scandal

well no, unlike JDB where the police have proceeded to charge him that never happened with the dogs so no one would have been stood down
  30. L

Opinion Bulldogs look short of metres without David Klemmer

i personally would have rathered stuck with just tolman, danny, sue and young guys like ofa and renouf T this year then locking us into a big napa contract Tolman reliable, sue has done a job @ wests for a while, danny has had his moments when given a chance and Ofa came on strong. renouf T yet...
  31. L

Opinion Bulldogs look short of metres without David Klemmer

its pretty obvious that we will miss the thing klemmer did best, der but as others have said, the numbers will not be as big as the article suggest due to opportunities increasing and others may well be better at other elements then klemmer was in saying that, i have very rarely looked at napa...
  32. L

Opposed session v tigers

i don't like lichaa, i'd rather he not be our hooker but there is no definite upgrade in our squad. end of the day, i'd assume we end up having 2 of the 3 guys mostly mentioned in the 17 most weeks and they'll probably swap around a fair bit between starter/bench/ressies either way, whoever...
  33. L

Effort

i don't think its really fair to blame either mbye or woods i think aside from that titans debacle, the effort was their most weeks before they left aswell. i think its more that young guys have come in chancing their arm, plauing a fresh brand of footy and that has helped some of the other...
  34. L

Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

i noticed him being a lazy bastard on the 3rd smith try i mean smith does well once he is in open field but there is only a gap because leilua isn't where he should be
  35. L

The Aiden Tolman Appreciation Thread

aiden tolman is basically a smaller, better defending aaron woods without an offload getting rid of woods and giving those minutes to tolman has been such a better move fort the teams, its just another reason why the original signing of woods by those 3 is so retarded, its not woods fault but...
  36. L

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

i was on the "give pay time" side of thing earlier but i think i now sit on "lets not get ahead of ourselves here" side of the fence now. been a positive couple of months which gives the roster confidence moving forward but its gonna be a big pre season for the coaching staff to try and get...
  37. L

Sauaso Sue signs with the Bulldogs for the next two years

agree with typical dog i think RFM comes off the bench, martin plays 80 on an edge, jacko splits his minutes between edge and middle
  38. L

Canterbury Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman bounces back from injury and potential Cronulla Sharks move

Tolman does fit the team so much better now that woods is gone tolman/klem is a front row combo that will do a good jobs for us over the next few years, we have isues, our starting props are not going to be one of them
  39. L

Dumbest roster player release decisions ever, since JT

reynolds, hodko, pirtchard, mbye moves not really worthy of being to upset about can't blame the club for barba Ennis was a short term shocker but obviously not one that still haunts us Graham hurt because of what he meant to the club and because of why we lost him (woods) but likely not one...
  40. L

Holland

Holland often beats more tacklers then you expect when cutting back, runs that line well and it often leads to positive news for us thats not his issue, his issue is that his defense is terrible and tigers constantly attacking our left side rather then him on the right was hilarious
  41. L

The Aiden Tolman Appreciation Thread

and the halves, atleast twice tolman was just standing there and the halves just gave him an unders ball, lacking organisation and creativity, so they just give it to a forward Tolman fits the team so much better that woods is gone, him next to kllemmer is a good front row combination
  42. L

Round 20 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Adam elliot is often bagged around here, but the tackle of brooks could have really saved that contest, would have been hard to stop the try if he gets through and i'm not sure we hold on if they get to 14-10 there
  43. L

We have lost 8 games this season by 6 or less points

its kinda what makes the roster easy to cheer for despite the results, they get themselves in the game through effort and attitude, unfortunately the lack of class usually costs us but the players themselves are for the most part putting in every week (titans result still stands out as a really...
  44. L

generally, i find myself on your side of the fence but no one could possibly defend Eastwood's selection these days, still has good hands for a big man but heis literally buggered after 5 minutes and the side is just clearly worse when he is out there. priest is a bit meh but i can live with...
  45. L

2020 Signings

its pretty hard to tell how bad the 2020 cap situation is without knowing exactly how back ended the deals in the hasler/castle list here, i've got n doubt, some will look ridiculous in saying that, we've released some big money players since, if we were under with those players, us fans have...
  46. L

Bulldogs vs Manly

more to the point, i'm not one of those who keep saying "refund my member ship etc etc when we lose" but we get caught for cheating like that again and i'm not sure i'll be back the tin hat stuff that goes on by some fans over clubs who manage their cap better is quite ridiculous, cheating is...
  47. L

i don't mind him passing before the line a little, variation always helps but the balance has to be there, klem is still at his best just tucking it under his arm. as i said, him passing both before the line and offloading in the tackle kinda needs to happen but last few weeks he has been...
  48. L

Steve Turners weekly tips...

atleast they are right better then half the time tho
  49. L

Chris Smith - RFM

smith isn't going t be a quality first grader, but he'll have a go, often makes an impact in ressies with him being more physical then his frame suggest. i think most fans will end up preferring him over guys like eastwood, elliot and priest but that isn't really an endorsement or anything
  50. L

RFM - and now the bad news

but if its only this year, wouldn't it only be a concession to replace him this year ? IE we only have 3 days to use it on a player at another club before the deadline i don't think the concession would carry forward till next year unless it was a bad enough injury for him to be out early...
  51. L

Montoya a centre WTF

olive was terrible defensively at the titans tho, so its not like it was just a random one off, we knew he was bad. i'm pretty confident in stating he is a worse defender then montoya, as hard as that may be to believe the only thing with him V montoya is olive looks capable of beating his man...
  52. L

Consolidated Dogs Salary Cap Situation Thread (including news articles)

generally agree but i will say, i don't think we should even have been able to sign a contract with foz and woods until we were cap compliant. what if the abbey, graham, lee etc moves fell through ? we just tell woods &/or foran sorry can't register that now, you'll have to go back on the open...
  53. L

Consolidated Dogs Salary Cap Situation Thread (including news articles)

Most fans are shit fans, its a ridiculous culture that exist in Australia and especially sydney to only go watch your team play when they are going well Club is fucked because of decision made by a few who are no longer there but i'll still be there when ever i can and those of us are gonna...
  54. L

Thief in the night

is Tolman over paid ? yep Should we have re-signed him last year ? nope was giving 4 fucking year ridiculous ? yep Is any of this tolman fault ? nope Tolman has played 165 games for this club and there have been games where has left everything on the field trying to do his best to get us wins...
  55. L

Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

tolman has been getting bagged for years but as over paid as he is, still isn't near the salary of woods, tries hard every minute and won't make the errors woods made at key moments i'm no tolman fan, but atleast he is a guy who as at multiple times played himself into the ground to help the...
  56. L

i don't like nu brown in the halve personally but i do think the fine @ centre, toomaga on the edge are both reasonable out of the box choices. would play to both their strengths better then their previous uses in the top grade
  57. L

i personally don't think pay is a good coach but he is trying new things, seems to be working hard in trying to get young guys a go. its clear to me that he won't coach us into a better era but we are absolutely no chance of attracting a good coach with the way our roster is, i don't see the...
  58. L

olive isn't any better then montoya, both terrible tho i agree i'm not sure there is any answer to who we should pick that would please everyone, a rubbish roster is gonna lead to a rubbish 17
  59. L

Thoughts for round 16 team

i am certain JMK played much more lower grade footy at fullback then he did halves/hooker tbh i wouldn't be against it but when mbye got injured against souths, we could have bough nu brown to 6 and moved JMK to the back but pay when jacko to centre, hoppa to fullback, that makes me expect...
  60. L

Thoughts for round 16 team

being realistic with some hope i'm assuming foz and fualolo return but that jmoz is still out. its worth mentioning that RFM probs won't be back in the country till tuesday at the earliest, if he plays on sunday, i would not consider him a lock to play for us also assuming nu brown is still...
  61. L

Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

i to don't consider smith a huge upgrade on montoya but atleast its somthing different lol i would prefer priest be the other guys to drop out, i know beast isn't what he used to be and is well below nrl standard these days but he much more likely to make a positive impact then priest.
  62. L

Canterbury find Mbye replacement

even if you think bergamin is better, fullback is such an important position and its better to have 2 unproven but potentially good players then 1.
  63. L

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

cleary but i would almost feel sad watching him waste a few years with us
  64. L

Sharks circle Woods for mid-season switch

i don't blame woods, he was always a bit over rated, we made him a heap overpaid, thats not his fault. he probably under performed a bit his normal standards but i'd say he'd rebound over time but the fans are just never gonna be able to get around him. if we're gonna struggle for a while, you...
  65. L

Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

I am absolutely for this if we have thge coin to still be keeping guys like martin too My main considerations: * they arn't as good as they used to be but they still defend well and do a good job helping the pack out of our own end. still finish reasonably well too * can't go full newcastle...
  66. L

The Morris Brothers.

i would be for keeping the morris brothers i think witht he re-build, its better to not go full newcastle and have a team full of no hopers. we still need several out and out professionals to lead the way on and off the field but we won't be keeping them, i;d say the money will be there to...
  67. L

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

whether you rate him or not, sacking pay is not an option. the playing roster is fucked for a while, the club doesn't need us making life harder on ourselves but paying out another coach.give him these down years to see if he can get anything out of the the roster and we're still struggling...
  68. L

Drop JMK

JMK pretty much sums up our team you like him because he puts his body on the line and puts in the effort but at the same time he is a spine player that creates absolutely nothing
  69. L

My Mid season analysis

i don't know who to be critical of tbh, its useless continuing to blame the past decision but every week i see a coach who rides the whole game and a bunch of players that do play for him and try their guts out, its jsut that squad is very poor and unable to turn momentum into points. its been...
  70. L

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

i tend to agree to an extant but mbye seems like 1 players that we should surely be able to pay less freight. if it was woods, tolman, foz, hoppa etc. i'd understand but mbye is in form and great fit for the tigers, we should drag our heels
  71. L

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

it will be hoppa, Bmoz knees arn't up to that much running it would idealy but someone young tbh, i mean 2018 is gonna see what max another 2-3 wins anyways ? lets try somthing new, we know what hoppa offers there
  72. L

Bulldogs Sign 21 Year old Winger for 3 Years - Christian Crichton

neither but i still think he is likely to offer more then our current contracted wingers for next year and we clearly can't be picky
  73. L

5 players for 500K

I am fairly sure it no longer works like that. 30 highest paid players at the club are whats gets included.
  74. L

5 players for 500K

its a dire situation but atleast now we know the club isn't actually forced to lose anyone, if they decide to let klem,mbye type player go then they are accountable for that decision (which i would imagine would be to able to offer some player 150-200k to round out the squad, rather then then...
  75. L

Opinions on Klemmer coming off the bench?

danny going down will force a change, he can do a job as a starter but none of our other middle options can so its gotta be back to klem now
  76. L

Round 10: Dogs Vs Eels 3-2-1

3 klem 2 bmoz 1 mbye
  77. L

Family sacrifice, digging holes and 1am factory shifts: A Bulldog’s NRL dream realised

100% we bag the media but the game often hides stories like this because of coaches holding the truth for as long as possible. Journos will write this stuff if coaches give them a chance
  78. L

SPEED!!!!

we are a slow team but how fast do you need to be to score tries with a shitload of ball in good ball territory ? not much really like obviously more speed would help but its the lack of creativity that seems to kills. we copuld have james roberts at right centre and he may be able to add a...
  79. L

The fans would love to see To'Omaga debut against the Broncos!

i'm no elliot fan but given the players left in the 19 man squad, i would much rather the bench be elliot, fualolo, priest and to'omaga then having kerrod fucking holland on the bench i just can't get my head around it, i get injury insurance but surely you atleast pick a player that could...
  80. L

Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

mccullough is a big in for them, if they were missing him, mcguire and gillett, i would actually give us like 3-4/10 chance but his recovery has me struggling to see where we can possibly get on top tbh, 20% is probably to high. can see pangai being huge against us, tho jacko in the middle may...
  81. L

Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

it is hard to be positive about our chances on saturday, i feel we're likely to have better effort then the raiders game but i feel like the desperate cowboys will be up for it and if they get a roll on early, it could be the ugliest game yet Last Week: soft raiders resilient against bulldogs...
  82. L

Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Elliot had one good 4-6 week stretch on the edge, with one blinder against the raiders in the during it but for the most part, he looked like a poor mans jackson out there, apart from that raiders game he didn't hit the lines as consistently as you'd expect and often seemed to get in the way...
  83. L

Round 6 line up - what the fans want

with how soft our pack is, hoppa's work running the ball back from our own end is a must. personally, i would be happy with either at wing on centre, happy for it to be based on who else is playing on that side
  84. L

Goal kicking

i think we were having some guys come through before dessie players who played NYC between 08' & 11' (not including guys who did play FG but didn't do much, eg kite, harrison, massey, burr etc etc) Barba Sezar Tapau Idris Finucane Jackson Klemmer Milner-skudder (went on to play for the all...
  85. L

Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

the thing that really hurts is we could have had both we extended aiden tolman, who is basically a smaller woods without the offload prior to signing woods and then had to release graham, everyone compares woods to graham but the tolman re-signing is a bigger blunder. we could have had a 3...
  86. L

TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Tolman still doesn't suit our current roster set up, him as a tackle sponge at lock did work better but we are still gonna be better off with him at another club before seasons end (i am a tolman fan btw, we just don't have enough impact runners to carry a guy like him for such long periods)
  87. L

Potential Line up changes

elliot ran ahrder then he has in ages, short stints might be good for his mind set hoppa seems to be struggling defensively at centre but he is a pretty smart footy player, he'll get there. he (along with montoya and the moz bros) did make some big runs late to get us of trouble tho
  88. L

Round 3: Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

3 Mbye 2 Jmoz 1 RFM
  89. L

R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

we're clearly no world beaters, we had a fair share of luck last night but this is a season where we need to find the subtle improvement when they are there and be positive about them and there quite a few last night Mbye continues to excel all the other outside backs helped out big time...
  90. L

Will josh Morris be remembered as a bulldogs legend/great

absolutely, its declining before our eye's but he was a great centre for us for a long time, even when he lost his speed, he still transitioned into being a great defensive centre (not so much right now, but he was not long ago). he won't be a mortimer/lamb type of legend but he'll be well...
  91. L

des was the problem, they said
  92. L

we're starting 2 of the bench players from last week but are still not adding a middle forward who can bend the line off the bench yuck
  93. L

Frawley gone

does dropping frawley really achieve that ? his job security never seemed that great all offseason i'm pretty sure even des dropped frawley last year
  94. L

MBYE CAN PARTNER FORAN

mbye is our biggest positive after 2 games and you want to change that ?
  95. L

Tolman staying

i think people are harsh on tolman not being a good fit with our current roster =/= being shit or not trying like some are saying Tolman needs to go, the forward packs needs more impact running, there are other packs out there that have tolman play a very good role and add something to them...
  96. L

Frawley gone

frawley has never looked first grade standard, if anything still seemed to over achieve to play as well he did, had some good moments at different times but he should be at best a clubs 3rd or 4th half who can fill in when needed if there is injuries at the club in saying that, frawley is far...
  97. L

Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

the backline surely won't actually play like that will it ? a few look out of place positional wise pack/bench is full of player who may be playing off for last spot or 2 on the bench
  98. L

Frawley?????

i think frawley is the safer option my concern is that foz is likely to get injured by round 5 or 6, the history is there, that will probs mean a cleeland/frawley combo which i'd feel more comfortable with if cleeland had already had some FG time next to an established half, he probably also...
  99. L

No more talk of Mbye coming back to the halves please

and if we're being honest, healthy foz is an ok kicker but no world beater himself which qualifies as basically our best since noddy lol
  100. L

No more talk of Mbye coming back to the halves please

i don't think he has proven he doesn't belong at fullback completely, his service was pretty good and we know dessie doesn't like letting his 9's run. that being said, i don't tihnk he'd be a great hooker but i think he could be an average starter in the NRL if need be i think in terms of mbye...