Search results

1. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Would need too much of a reshuffle. I have never seen Kiraz play on the left for us, so It would mean Tracy going to centre, Wilson to left wing and Kiraz to right wing. Just leave as is I reckon. I am interested to see which edge Kolamatangi lines up. I like the idea of Preston vs Host. Host is...
  2. D

Kiks in doubt for Friday

He is also still only 21 plenty of time.
  3. D

Official Injury updates

I guess we will find out soon, it was 8 weeks before the season started so he should be starting to run with the group etc soon....
  4. D

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

N they are just missing a captain/leader. I think that was supposed to be tetavano but he seems to get gassed too quick. Edwards coming back should help with that. Edwards and Poasa are big ins.
  5. D

Yeah for some reason poasa at 8 isn't on the nswrl site. Todd has been starting prop last few games against good sides with big middles with NRL experience/potential and had been a bit dominated. His second stint coming on when fatigue has set in and he can use his footwork has been good. Lippo...
  6. D

He is fit and we have seen glimpses. Put in a cute little Langer style kick in the Parra game that nearly lead to a try. He has skill. Problem Is with our forwards not helping him. Hopefully Patolo finds some form and can lay a platform. Next month big for him. Woods and Conti will get some time...
  7. D

NRL NSW website is shit only lists 12 players. Todd is probs starting at 8.
  8. D

And a sin bin in 26th or 60th min.
  9. D

Only worry for me is Tom Burgess, we havn't been able to handle the bigger 120kg+ props so far this year. Less of a worry if he starts as these days he gets gassed pretty quick.
  10. D

You want to at least have the treat of a challenge hanging over him, can't use it till at least the 60th min.
  11. D

Was always going to happen. I could feel it. Sutton started off in the bad books as out of the top rung of referees, but with Ziggy, Gough etc having bad games has moved up into the top tier. When he is not refereeing us he isn't too bad. His face is annoying but he isnt too bad. When he...
  12. D

Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

He played really well, 68 mins straight. Looked a bit lost when put in the second row between sexton and Perham 2 weeks ago, did a stint in Massey and came back strong. With ball in hand he could do a job in first grade, however bit worried about his defence. Needs to stiffen that up first. Jack...
  13. D

If Kiks is out perfect opportunity to debut Kitone when the team is otherwise healthy and full of confidence.
  14. D

Bit worried about that. They won’t give us Ziggy after the sharks game. Gough might get get dropped after the parra game. Leaves Sutton and Atkins. Atkins likely to get the Thursday night game. Chances are pretty high…
  15. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Canberra starting well and Horsburgh back this week. I can't see him playing any NRL for Canberra this year except maybe over origin.
  16. D

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Hutch isn't going anywhere, IMO Taafe alot more likely to get dropped. Hutch's goal line defence has been excellent, Shaun Lane, Teig Wilton, even big Tino, he has come up with a number of big one on one tackles on strike players. He also wraps up the ball and stops a quick play the ball. He...
  17. D

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

They changed the interpretation after our warriors game where they let the match winning try stand despite AFB taking out Mahoney. The ref boss did the press conference trying to defend it and looked like a fool. Since then any minor interference Even if not really part of the play is called an...
  18. D

Bulldogs NRLW Team in 2025

Great news. The girls are absolutely massacring teams in Lisa Fiola nearly put 100 on a team Last week. We will be competitive from day 1 may even win it in 25. This is very important in my opinion for the future of the club.
  19. D

Our probs in cup are forwards. Tetavano Played 10 min stints so clearly not right. Hippo had to play edge then got dropped and then played 68 min mainly in the middle so he has been messed around. Samrani had to play edge. Patolo only good for 20 min max in cup. Hayes doesn’t look right he is a...
  20. D

Against the titans so absolutely no away team supporters. Also a lot of negativity floating around. Hopefully that’s over.
  21. D

Doesn’t help that we stopped playing at Elmore around 96 and only played 1 or 2 games a year there since 2015 fmd.
  22. D

Positives for me were kitone looked good played well in the middle then shifted to an edge. Samrani had some good runs, however communication with Perham on the edge pretty bad. Hayward and O’Neil looked sharp.
  23. D

A number of players in cup clearly playing injured. Patolo and tetavo seemed to be off forever still not right. Harry Hayes doesn’t look right. Skelton out, Harrison Edwards was a late withdraw. Once everyone is fit should come good. I think Hayward needs to start over Turpin next week was a lot...
  24. D

Man 3 knock ons from 3 terrible passes from Turpin. His service has been terrible today.
  25. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Kitone also shifted to bench in cup. May be playing prop today. Will be an interesting watch.
  26. D

I think it is to put a fire up him. Last week Xerri was 18th man and in the press conference CC said that meant he was close. Prob means that if he puts in a big performance against a strong panthers cup side could be a big step towards getting the 7 spot. Surely KK is the 18th man though makes...
  27. D

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Also injury, Walsh will be out for 6 weeks min. Poassa should be right next week?
  28. D

Really hard to find judiciary info. Looking back through the stats on NSWRL doesn't seem like he was put on report...Maybe injured?
  29. D

I like it, but one step at a time, lets get FB right first. I think this is a big game for Taafe, if he does badly could/should be gone. Then lets worry about HB and how to maybe best protect Sexton. It maybe hard for Sexton to impress this week in cup, a few outs for us up against good Penrith...
  30. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Something like a Skelton for Greig would be preferable. They would then both be going to clubs were they will be in the NRL rather than reserve grade.
  31. D

He was put on report for another shot like on lolazoulo from para. Might have been suspended this time actually may have clipped the player high this time.
  32. D

He played two games there in cup last year and looked great ran really hard and straight and was hard to handle. I was hoping he might get a game there while Tracey is being is eased in. However it appears that Skelton in suspended and JAC injured so need to make do. I think he is still getting...
  33. D

Amazing, generational talent. Will play NRL. Not sure how big he will get not huge atm, might have to be a centre for NRL. If he becomes a centre could debut in maybe end of 25/26. Bit longer if stays a back rower, need to lock him and a few others in the Ball/Matts squad up.
  34. D

Skelton must have gotten a suspension from last week? Not named in cup? Hopefully only one week. Backrow looks stronger with Hayes starting, but backs loot a bit light this week. Need a big effort from Patolo and tetavano who have had a few matches to build up their fitness and should be right...
  35. D

Hi error was also an offload at the end of the game when we were throwing the ball around to try and come from behind. The side looks alot better balanced with knight. CC was only willing to play Poasa for 15 min stints, Knight looks fitter and should be able to play longer making our middle...
  36. D

That was more the refs fault, once he said he thought there was ref interference would have been hard for the bunker to overturn. Ref should have just blown the whistle.
  37. D

Critta to FB

Will be interesting to see what happens in tlt, surely if JAC is fit one of the 3 options will happen: 1. Critta to FB, Taafe dropped (most likely) 2. Tracey to centre, Wilson dropped. 3. Tracey to 18th Man/ Cup reserves. Most likely we wont know until Friday as I have a hunch the same team...
  38. D

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Nice stuff. Alatani is a weapon, I know he is a Kiwi, but played Matts for us so could he be up for u19s origin, who else could get a call up? Woods? Maybe Seve and Seve? The FB in flegg also looks to be quite good. From those vids we have seemed to have found a few more forwards with a bit of size.
  39. D

Anyone see any training? Was Tracey at FB? Any other news?
  40. D

Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

Probs from what I remember contract was around the 700K mark, if you can believe what they write about this stuff. Could easily have gotten 1mil plus by leaving, that probs what he is thinking. He may not be able to get that sort of contract in 27/28 when he is 31/32 so he wants out. Even though...
  41. D

2024 Round 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Surprised it took this long he has been very ordinary for a long time. This year Cody has also started slow so hasn't been able to compensate unlike portions of last year.
  42. D

Opinion Max & Sam - Why no1,2 Punch, CC?

Played also no footy for ages so they are easing him into it, I think he also took a big knock in the trial when he tackled Hazelton that they are downplaying. Should hopefully be right for more minutes this week. The other issue is CC has to stop picking so many small forwards. Makes his...
  43. D

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Gus really rates Tracey whenever he talks about him on 6 tackles etc. If JAC is fit very likely Taafe is dropped for the Tits game, if JAC needs another week Taafe will get one more week with the same line up.
  44. D

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

It was deemed Cat 1 so I guess that means he will also means he will miss the titans game.
  45. D

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

I don’t think a sin bin or judiciary is necessary it was an accident, however I was shocked it wasn’t a penalty. Clearly high contact to the head.
  46. D

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Defensive issues have been overstated but he did have a pretty poor game. Could have really put pressure on CC and Hutch by having a good game after a good game in attack last week, but didn’t. So Hutch prob gets 3 more weeks at least.
  47. D

Some great players just worried none of them are big enough to be nrl props. Even Jack Todd has tremendous skill but would be under 100kgs.
  48. D

At least the flegg boys should get a good win.
  49. D

I think Tracey has to come in for Taafe next week. He did one hard run which show what he can do. Taafe dropped another 2 or 3 bombs, got monstered and didn’t really show anything in attack.
  50. D

2 knock ons and they still give the try
  51. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

When is the last time did you see a try taken away from ref interference?
  52. D

Very dissapointing game in cup in particular in defence. We had very slow line speed and really lost the wrestle/ruck. Newtown could just do dummy half runs right down or middle. Lots of errors in first half as well. Dispute that our attack nearly got us the win with a Papalii try pulled back...
  53. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Kitone playing cup so won’t be playing nrl this week. He is playing well has to be very close.
  54. D

It’s on Facebook NSW rugby league. 5 dollars for the game or 9 dollars monthly sub. https://www.nswrl.tv/products/the-knock-on-effect-nsw-cup-jets-vs-bulldogs
  55. D

Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

Forward stocks are pretty low in cup, flegg and even ball(with exception of Seve), will help with depth. I think we are really focusing on the lower grades making them as strong as possible get our players used to and expect to win. Hope that bleads into the nrl team.
  56. D

How many wins will we have by round 10?

I think we will beat the titans rd 3, rabbits on good friday and maybe an upset here or there so 3-4 by rd 10. However that depends on us getting a closer to our best possible team on the park and CC to stop playing so many small forwards. Have Mann or Hayward as dummy half cover/lock/second row...
  57. D

Opinion Francis Molo ?

Would consider him if we could get him for this year. Probs past his best.
  58. D

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

Got a feeling he will be fine and come in to the squad. Tracey in for Wilson. Taafe gets one more chance.
  59. D

News CODE NRL Salary Cap Analysis

You are right he is on about 550. Bennett signed him on massive overs, we would have taken over that Bunnies contract.
  60. D

The frustrating thing is we can all see selections CC could make to make the side better and he doesn't do it. I know we don't see training etc etc, but CC lost cred with that argument by playing Perham at FB so long. Perham is now one more bad game from Ron Masey. Its just frustrating when we...
  61. D

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

Don't forget Newcastle loosing to raiders at home, would have been by almost 30 points it Raiders could kick a goal. Newy were tipped to be a to 4 and raiders bottom 4 and crickets...Ponga also played nervous and terrible an nothing....
  62. D

Normally cup then probably flegg. However Lippo hippoi is down playing Masey. He is a pretty solid prop that could get a call up.
  63. D

If tracey plays, I am guessing this is Taafe's last chance. Give Tracey a full game at centre/wing to get through 80 min and see how his fitness is. If Taafe doesn't fire he is gone next week. That would be 4 games to nail the spot which I think is fair.
  64. D

It would be his club debut so if he was to play would think it would leak soon.
  65. D

Official Gus on Twitter

We have one or two nice props coming through our Flegg and Seve looks good in Ball. However the real talent is in our Matts squad. There are some scary Mofos in that squad. We need to lock up Seve's brother, the number 8, 13 and 16 at least that played on the weekend. Our HM Matts team also has...
  66. D

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

Zero tries went through Skelton they all went through Perham and lippo hopoi.
  67. D

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Where are the headlines about a racist culture at the roosters? We have one mediocre performance and about 10 articles come out about us. Leniu gets 8 weeks for racism and nothing but straight reporting of the facts.
  68. D

Should have been play on. He didn’t go off for an HIA so can’t call it high. The next play he scores a try and then went on to score 5 for the match…and lose.
  69. D

Official Injury updates

Would be 4-6weeks then, maybe a bit longer due to age....
  70. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Would imply not too many changes. Tracey, Skelton or Xerri in for JAC is about as much to expect.
  71. D

Curran needs to start, Tracey for Taafe and Kitone for Morrin at a minimum.
  72. D

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Would like to see him shifted to second row if Harry Hayes is still out. Get 80 min out of him.
  73. D

News Liam Knight

Controversial opinion maybe but apart from one loose carry I thought he was very very good. Yes that drop really swung momentum but he was doing everything on his own. Jake Todd started with him and is just too small to start the game and got monstered, was good later when fatigue set in...
  74. D

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

The prop problem is really bad. We are starting the season with what we called an injury crisis last year. It actually goes deeper in that flegg and ball are also struggling for props. With Seve in ball the only prospect. We have some of the best props for their age in the country in Matt’s but...
  75. D

Yeah every single try from parra was scored down that edge between him and Perham. I saw Harry Hayes didn’t play any grade on the weekend. When fit he will slot straight there. Probs would have stopped 2 or 3 of those. Would assume one of Knight or Patolo plays NRL this week so lippo can go back...
  76. D

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

The missed tackle stat is a complete joke, they count players pealing off etc. It means nothing. Also he made like 55 tackles a number were legs tackle where someone would come in on top and he would roll away. Reed actually had an ok game best for a whole. Got to get the crab runs out of his...
  77. D

He was good early but got really gassed. Whatever injury he had must have effected his fitness.
  78. D

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

He wasn’t awful he was our best player. Yes he did a bad drop on a hit up from our own end that changed momentum. But recovered from that and had a good rest of the game. Often took 2 hit ups a set making good meters and defended strongly. He has too many errors in his game and if we had other...
  79. D

TLT will be interesting forced backline shuffle. Hard to know if Tracy is fit. If he is wouldn’t have been better to play him in cup? If fit does Tasfe get dropped so early. Counting the trials I think we have seen enough. With our issues we need meters out of full back. I also don’t like our...
  80. D

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

It was also the fact he had lippo hippo next to him. I have never seen him play right edge in his life. Mainly seen him as a prop.
  81. D

I think we need to give him a go we just drop off to much when king isn’t on the field. He needs to start with king. If he starts off the bench it seems he gets too nervous.
  82. D

Didn’t see the first half. We switched on at half time and thought knight was best on ground. Too bad about that error. Thought he might get a call up next week based on what we saw. One of the biggest bodies we have can hit hard enough to wrap up the ball. His hands just look terrible this year.
  83. D

Starting to think Maybe Hayward, has looked good in all 3 games. Played like 20 min at lock as well today.
  84. D

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

I sold go Money and Croker, we know May isn't coming. Would be good to try and find someone from England, but may have burned those bridges.
  85. D

News Bulldogs re-sign in-demand forward on three-year deal(Max King)

No to any of those. Crichton seems to have really screwed himself. The fact he can't even make the roosters bench suggests he is cooked. Egan butcher and Williams are too small. We have enough small forwards.
  86. D

Dale Finucaine is still contracted for 25, however I get a feeling he may retire at the end of year. If he doesn't would have to think one of Hazelton or Royce Hunt would move on.
  87. D

looks good! Big for a half, I would love it if we could also nab Salesi Foketi from the chooks. He is only on a train and trial. He single handedly got them back into the game in the flegg final, looked good in pre season games.
  88. D

25 is probs a bit optimistic, maybe a 14 towards the backend like JT. Anyway we are building a nice squad of players. Our abundance of centres and 6s will be thinned out by next year and just need to replace them with a cope of quality props, nothing crazy just King level quality, hopefully at...
  89. D

Hope so, I like him. I he sorts his defence out I think he could be a long term option. Hopefully in 25 or latest 26 we see halves combo of Sexton and Oneil.
  90. D

Opinion Red hot reggies

Good to see Patolo and Tetavano in the side. Means they are close. Both could be vying for a NRL bench spot by about rd 3?
  91. D

Also they have no props on the bench 2 locks, a hooker and a second rower. We match them For first 20 should win. Think it will be tight and low scoring though. See us winning 18 to 6 something like that.
  92. D

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bennett falls in and out of love with backs very easily. Niu looked good in the trials. Avo is probs going to have to play Qcup and wait for an injury. Could play some games as a14.
  93. D

Knight not even in the reserves is interesting....Kitone could be a late inclusion for Morrin.
  94. D

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

I think its pretty set only possibility maybe 10-20% chance of Taafe getting dropped for Xerri, with Crichton FB.
  95. D

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Not looking good for him, If he came out and said sorry straight away may have got 3-6. Now he has fired back with a bit of attitude the NRL are going to have to make him an example, so he will probs get 6 weeks plus. Seeing its the roosters probs only 6.
  96. D

Bit of a stink coming out of the rabbits, maybe we can nab some of there better players, probs not Murray but maybe Arrow. We could also try and grab some of their Cup/flegg players?
  97. D

When will he be right to play? Still around June?