Search results

1. 1967

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

Let’s get this straight … Gus has 2 job’s, one is GM of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, the other he is a commentator of rugby league for channel 9 .. I don’t even think he’s employed by the Nrl .. At the time, he was on his regular TV program doing his job commenting on all things rugby...
  2. 1967

So does this mean Gus is over the Nrl’s probing or back for more ? I do laugh at the headlines though .. Gus‘s brutal rant ..
  3. 1967

David Fifita?

Hasler wanting him to live up to his price tag, so time to jump ship and look for an easier passage ..
  4. 1967

Kiraz likely out

I don’t care what’s being said by some supporters here .. I believe this team has the unity, the grit, the want, leadership and the coach to win against this Panthers squad … Bring the right game plan, stick to it and want it bad enough and they’ll come away with not only the 2 points but a...
  5. 1967

Kiraz likely out

I think it’s only fair, if Shiraz is out General Skelly gets a shot, he’s been killing it … Wilson has been out a few weeks only played one game since. he needs more game time before seeing 1st grade again .. it’s the General‘s time to shine ..
  6. 1967

Nowhere near the same, but in a small way similar to JT’s complaints, is the Nrl opening up a huge can of worms here, does this now mean that if any commentator commenting a game, or commenting on any Nrl shows, says that was just a stupid call or that’s just a stupid rule, will they from here...
  7. 1967

I’d love to put a few direct questions to the referees and their bosses … Why is it the bunker can be so thorough in one game, thorough enough to actually go back 3 sets, check for a hip drop infringement, call a stop to the game and have Preston sent for 10 minutes … yet they didn’t send Sezer...
  8. 1967

Every year it’s the same old story, atrocious refereeing blunders that just ruin games, and it’s not just one game a week, it happens in most games every week, …. these decisions can ruin a clubs whole season, especially for the bottom clubs when they’re fighting so hard for every win they can...
  9. 1967

Bulldogs Team of the Decade - 2015

Move on, the past is the past … the club is heading into a new era, enjoy the journey ..
  10. 1967

News Switch unleashes NRL ‘weapon’; Bulldogs pull off masterstroke: Best recruits of ’24

That pic of Curran, smile looks fake ..
  11. 1967

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

May the 4th be with our blokes today ;..
  12. 1967

Lot of supporters here worried about the ref screwing us over …. I really believe CC has instilled into the team to not even think about the ref, they can’t control refereeing decisions so why bother worrying about it, if there’s a stack of penalties, 6 agains, trust in your defence and team...
  13. 1967

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

Nice to see Ciro with a smile on his face, must be happy with how they’re going and the work they’ve done during the bye, poor bugger has had a stress line in his forehead for months it’s disappeared now .. first year he has more of a team that he wanted, not Barrett’s hand me downs .. think...
  14. 1967

Tigers will be desperate for a win and won’t be easy beats, they’ll fancy themselves against us, if our blokes approach it with the same defence first mindset they had against the Storm, put some points on them early, frustrate them into mistakes and losing their game plan, Tiges will fall apart...
  15. 1967

Official Junior Grandfinal day

I see NSWRL TV now want you to sign up and pay, anyone know of anywhere else we can watch or listen that we don’t have to sign up to ?
  16. 1967

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Can someone with more knowledge on the subject explain mental health issues for me please .. I know it’s a real issue and it’s a serious one, I personally know people who suffer from it, but the people I know have suffered from it over long periods of time. From what I understand, it‘s...
  17. 1967

Go for it mate .. you have a calm way of cutting through the BS .. if others were less arrogant and supercilious there might be less hounding .. jmo.
  18. 1967

TD, .. I like the way you‘ve simplified the point here and how you’ve explained everything without the slightest hint of being arrogant or supercilious, … good comment ..
  19. 1967

He took on a job where the biggest part of it basically required him to wrestle/tackle for 80 minutes .. the rules for slackness being late e.g would have been laid out to them. I feel sorry for the club CC and staff, they’re trying to rebuild a lazy culture that’s been let go and slack for...
  20. 1967

All the talk around the Bulldogs is positive, they’re on the up and they’re playing great footy, …… (enter Reed & Brothfield) …can‘t have that, time to give them another black eye, get on the phones and find out what’s new with that JT lawsuit and we’ll dredge up that old chestnut again ...
  21. 1967

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

I wasn’t there live, but apparently a huge group were boo’ing him as he came off the field which if true is an utter disgrace ..
  22. 1967

Rumour Sexton to replace Fogarty ?

Firstly, I believed it was fake news, obviously because the rumour came up to fast … just wanted to know if anyone in the know had any inside info as it could have been cooking for a while re talks of getting Mooney … plus it’s a swap that makes a lot of sense, both clubs have depth in this...
  23. 1967

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Pissing down rain on the GC today, nothing to do but stock the fridge and watch my Doggies kick some ass .. ‘Hope it’s a nice day down that way … Looking forward to this game … tipping Tracey to score his first try in the blue and whites today ...
  24. 1967

Rumour Sexton to replace Fogarty ?

Bit of a whisper floating around social media about Sexton immediately moving to Raiders to play 7 due to long term injury to Fogarty. ‘’anyone heard anything ? If true it would be nice if we could broker a deal from it .. Trey Mooney comes to mind ?
  25. 1967

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

I get where you’re coming from Tas, But I feel what prompts this topic is some of those losses (especially Souths & Storm) should have been wins …. they played good tough hard footy to get themselves where they needed to be to ice those games (despite Sutton/Ref bias) unfortunately our 7 was...
  26. 1967

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

I’m still scratching my head over Latrell Mitchell’s offences against Warriors … elbows to Johnson’s head should of been instant send off & then a worse over the horizontal lift than Morrins & no 10 in the bin .. wtf ?
  27. 1967

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

you’re right, sorry Brookes was off contract which means that Manly probably paid more than I initially thought … the other part was about the Knights chasing Garrick, who Manly managed to out bid .. not Brookes ..
  28. 1967

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

I can see Hasler now, back on his push bike following the shoe around the streets of Robina, with the shoe slowly plodding past the fast food joints constantly asking is it break time yet .. Big loss to the Raiders today and Hasler will prob be on the phone … he would have been the one that...
  29. 1967

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

what’s Brett Kimorley doing these days … good footy IQ he’d be good in that role ..
  30. 1967

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Interesting to see how they go in this one, do they go in with excuses knowing players are out, or do they go in saying F’k that we’re still winning anyway and really give it to Melbourne … this game might give us a better look at how our coach is going .. ‘’really hoping to see General Skelly...
  31. 1967

Official Gus on Twitter

Someone with Twitter should ask Gustavo if he knows why Latrine Mitchell can put the elbow to Shaun Johnston head … - plus lift a play over the horizontal similar to what what Morrin did last week, yet not spend any time in the bin .. others are sent for 10 straight away for those...
  32. 1967

News 'Mum was my rock': Why Xerri's return meant more than his emotional debut

I thought he had a solid game, 5 or so more 1st grade games under his belt & he could be a real weapon for us ..
  33. 1967

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

funny .. now you’ve mentioned it, can see fatty saying that ..
  34. 1967

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Mate I’m as hetro as a bloke can be … but even I’ve got to admit, every female watching would have been glued to the screen during that walk off, and probably even drooling a little, got to admit he’s quite the specimen .. I’m sure like SBW did back in the day, Dom earned himself a lot of new...
  35. 1967

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Anyone find it odd that they weren’t going to the bunker and checking the Roosters try’s in the 2nd half, ref was just blowing the whistle and calling them try’s … I had question marks over at least 2 on whether they fumbled during the put down, and I still have a question mark over Manu’s try...
  36. 1967

Opinion WTF … luxury signing Kikau ??

mate I love this blokes demeanour, he just leads by example .. quiet achiever … follow me .. let’s win attitude .. he’s fu**in awesome .. but you know a luxury ..
  37. 1967

Opinion WTF … luxury signing Kikau ??

Luxury signing my ass .. Kikau‘s a been a beast .. He can lead us to finish in the 8 ..
  38. 1967

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Last time we played Rorters they got us by 1 point, Perham, Waddell, Nockonmore, Averillo, Alamoti in the squad .. 37 missed tackles killed us but we still nearly got them .. ‘’anyone know who the ref was and what the penalty count was in that game, couldn’t find it .. we Can beat them ...
  39. 1967

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

I think The Rorters plan will be simple … their big boys to come at us one after the other down the middle and bully us …. they’ll have been told to offload late, and spread it to their backs .. Hopefully the boys learnt a lot from playing Parra & Sharks bigger squads … hut as a pack, 2 up...
  40. 1967

News MR SIX PER CENT! BULLDOGS ONLY WIN ONE FROM 15 GAMES UNDER SUTTON

Mate you could make a case for quite a few of those games we've lost under him, because we were just bad, and the penalties we get can be explained and are generally warranted, although at times laughable and soft …. and I can cop that if it goes both ways , …. but it’s doesn’t, we seem to get...
  41. 1967

News MR SIX PER CENT! BULLDOGS ONLY WIN ONE FROM 15 GAMES UNDER SUTTON

Surely the club is straight onto the referee boss‘s Monday morning wanting answers. Why was Mahoney penalised for basically just touching Mitchell, when he obviously milked it, especially when last week Taaffe was taken out in the air and no penalty was given. ‘Why wasn’t the blatant...
  42. 1967

News Why it’s time for Cameron Ciraldo to pull trigger on big Bulldogs’ change

It’s all fine for some journalist to talk about changing the team, and yes, a few changes might improve the attack, but changes might also break down the defensive structures that they’ve worked so hard on and let twice as many in. Leave it to the Coaching team, the way they have them playing...
  43. 1967

Opinion Referees

I commented before the game that the only way to beat the ref’s is play them out of the game, e.g as we did against the 9-3 Titans penalty count .. and there’s no denying they had more than enough chances to do that .. Im still spewing, I wanted that Sutton P***K to walk of the field thinking...
  44. 1967

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Interested in which way people are going with their multi’s, if Wilson & Curran had been allowed their trys last week I’d of won $3000 .. yes still crying ..
  45. 1967

I’m feeling confident, mostly off the back of the 2 defensive efforts they put in against Parra & Sharks bigger packs, and obviously the ass smacking handed to the Titans and the confidence they’d of gotten of the back of that win ... Dogs 20 - Rabbits 12 ... There‘s no better way of getting...
  46. 1967

What’s the chances of them trying to ambush us with LT at centre and that younger bloke from their lower grade at fullback that ran over 220 metres on the weekend ? ……
  47. 1967

Just run out there and kick some Rabbit ass like they’ve just done against the tits, come together and play as a united pack and they’re more than capable of the win, who cares what the ref does .. they just won despite a 9-3 penalty count .. perfect time for them to reap some revenge against...
  48. 1967

Kiks in doubt for Friday

they’re not interested in the good times mate, only hang around to lay the boot in when things aren’t traveling well .. Your Staffy looks like an awesome dog by the way .. is he/she a grey ?
  49. 1967

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

If that happens, watch out for them to put on a couple of dog shots & play dirty trying to take someone out, generally a smaller bloke .. someone like Mahoney .. CC needs to make them aware of their dirty tactics ..
  50. 1967

Kiks in doubt for Friday

Damn, we really need him to play this one .. gut says he will .. Did I also read somewhere that Cameron Murray limped of from training today .. anyone else read that ?
  51. 1967

Rabbits will get f***** dirtier the more we take it to them, expect Fatrell or Walker to put on a dirty blind side dog shot on one of our smaller blokes … it’s been good that we’ve been practising to stand up to the bullying last 3 weeks .. Doggies by 10 ..
  52. 1967

Opinion Blake Taffee

Wilson needs to stay right where he is, get a good chunk of 1st grade experience under his belt, I feel the more he plays the better he’s going to get, helps if the rest of the team lifts like they did on Saturday ..
  53. 1967

Opinion Critta leadership Material

Kikau & Critta lead the way on Saturday and by the looks of it they've inspired the whole team to lift & follow them, not bad for a couple of so called “luxury” signings .. Special mention to Presto magic, he was huge, and Curran also said follow me .. not getting carried away, it’s just the...
  54. 1967

Are Players being Coached to Milk the Obstruction Rule ..

Absolutely stoked that the team won, especially the way they dominated, kept them scoreless, and went about the win. But just because they won doesn’t mean they should be letting the referees of the hook, CC should still be sending off an email to the ref’s and asking questions about some of...
  55. 1967

Yeah I think it has, most try’s scored have decoy runners, when in trouble just subtly move into one with your left shoulder looking like you were heading over to effect the tackle .. the one against Burton for the disallowed Curran try deserved an award .. I can’t believe the ref’s are falling...
  56. 1967

Awesome win, so happy for the coach, the players, and all us suffering supporters, .. [emoji838][emoji836]️ Would love to see the team continue to grow in confidence and go on a winning streak from here .. especially a big win against those Wotten Wabbits .. Might be a bit of a contentious...
  57. 1967

Social Media Josh Curran

I’m still worried … I thought that was a fake smile from him after scoring .. [emoji2] Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  58. 1967

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

I know, they were playing good footy and came out like they weren’t interested, some of those mistakes were under 6 type plays .. Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  59. 1967

They were right up for it in the 1st half, came out after 1/2 time like they’d all just had a short sleep .. wtf happened .. ? Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  60. 1967

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  61. 1967

I hate when Manly is winning, but credit where it’s due, they’re big, I mean big, they’re fast and a huge threat this year, watched them play Roosters, they were up playing the ball before the markers could even think about getting into place, if TT stays fit I can see them going all the way...
  62. 1967

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

Help me out here people …. so we have a so called accidental head clash in the first minutes of the game last week, lose a player for the rest of the match, not even a penalty, not even a boo mentioned about it ? .. This week pretty much the same incident, same injury, with Panthers &...
  63. 1967

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

They’re just seat warmers mate .. Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  64. 1967

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

Everyone knows accidents happen, I think most are fine with that and just happy to have the ref call play on, it’s when one gets penalised and the other doesn’t that people start scratching their heads and asking questions. Not sure if people watched the Manly Roosters game last week, Roosters...
  65. 1967

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

Your on the money mate, the only way forward as a club is to develop our own, as someone mentioned earlier, a stack of clubs are 3/4 good players away from being a top 4 team, and we all know the clubs that have those caliber of players won’t release them, so the only way is produce your own...
  66. 1967

That’s what they said in 95 .. We are the Bulldogs .. [emoji838][emoji836]️ Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  67. 1967

Gut says we went in against Parra & Sharks with a defence 1st mindset seeing as we were going up against powerful top 6 opponents ..… Expect to see similar defence but with a more attacking mindset against Titans this week .... similar to what we saw trial 1 against Storm .. If you’re having...
  68. 1967

Official Gus on Twitter

Your comment here instantly reminded me of this below Monty Python skit .. Picture JAC in the photo instead of Brian …. Look, there’s no need to swap me, there’s no need to swap anyone .. we don’t need to swap anyone at all .. we already have the cap space to buy .. Excuse me, can I ask a...
  69. 1967

Me to, I’d like to see him play FB / but I also don’t mind seeing a young 23 year old kid with plenty FB talent, develop his game for at least 40/50 games on the wing first, and then train for a full pre season for the FB, spot before being moved there .. if he wants that position full time...
  70. 1967

The 5 year contract is an obvious answer, Gould & Co know if they want to eventually compete at the top level, and obviously win premierships, the 3 things they need the most are, stability as a club, good experienced players to help inspire and bring through our juniors, and an excellent...
  71. 1967

This kid is going to be a gun, has to be allowed to continue to develop and play plenty of 1st grade games …. I’d love to see him being developed as a FB, but pretty sure they’re grooming Papa for that spot, so wing it is .. BW has only made 13 appearances and only 23, I think he’s stepped up...
  72. 1967

So are you saying if we’d of chosen Webster, last season we’d of finished 4th, and if Ciraldo had chosen Warriors they’d of finished 15th ? Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  73. 1967

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

If you are going to debut a young 18 year old into your squad, you’d preferably want your squad to have their act together and be dominating games so they can protect the young bloke from big bodies running at him … did you see the way Haumole Olakau'atu targeted Luke Keary on the weekend ...
  74. 1967

Kurt Mann to half/5/8

Exactly right, whilst most want this player in, this player out. and moves made, coach had gone with the best players he feels can continue to develop in defence … set the defence first, then work on better attack .. by round 6 we should be looking a lot better .. just hoping these bigger bodies...
  75. 1967

Opinion Hmmm…

I agree, I’ve been saying this for ages, if we had a smart seasoned 7 with a really good kicking game, a plethora of big body’s and aggressive props starting & coming of the bench like Manly, Sharks, Eels, Roosters etc. Burton would be a great 5/8 .. he could just focus on his running game and...
  76. 1967

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

He started for the Rorters this arvo which speaks volumes in them saying, you are a big part of our future with JWH going … big sign they’re about keeping him happy. Unless we’re happy to pay overs (which I think we should for this one) I can’t see the Rorters losing him .. The Dogs back in...
  77. 1967

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

I feel Trindall completely stuffed that up, ran behind the ref heading left thinking the ball was headed out that way, then quickly realised Kikau was the play, so he tied to correct his mistake & cut back to the right and actually ran into the ref. If Trindall hadn’t ran behind the ref and...
  78. 1967

News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

Just wondering, is the word muppet PC these days .. if a blokes got a full head of red dreadlocks, big lips & teeth, and I by chance happen to call him a muppet .. am I a chance of copping 8 weeks if he complains ? Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  79. 1967

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

There was footy on socials of him training with the team .. Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  80. 1967

News Legend Still Not Convinced Bulldogs Star is a 5/8th

You might be right mate, I might be reading to much into that .. for everyone’s sake just I want him to play well and be a star for us, he has so much potential … hopefully he has a blinder against the Sharks and shows us all what he’s capable of .. Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  81. 1967

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

There’s no denying they were all a lot more committed in defence .. I’m hoping they can keep that going and hopefully the attack comes of the back of that with more possession and less mistakes .. Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  82. 1967

I agree with you, I’ve said similar myself in the past. But I’m now of the belief there’s a middle ground here, Potter/Sandercock freed them up and let them play to their natural strengths, and it led to exciting attack, plenty of try’s, but shit defence. CC restrains them by having them...
  83. 1967

I believe a lot of what Potter and Sandercock did with the squad after Barrett moved on, should be looked at .. Whatever they did took the team from struggling to even score a try, to a team playing exciting attacking footy and scoring over 30 points, problem was their defence stunk. How did...
  84. 1967

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

This is what I’ve been carrying on about on here for the last 2 years, stop trying to get us playing like the Panthers ! The Panthers can carry a light fast pack and defend it because they’ve been playing that way since they were baby’s .. this style should be getting taught in the lower grades...
  85. 1967

News Legend Still Not Convinced Bulldogs Star is a 5/8th

I’ve been saying give Burto till round 6, but re-watching the try set up by Hutch/Kik’s onto Crichton, Burton had no idea what the play was, had his arms out wanting the ball. I sometimes think he has the skills to be a good 6, not sure whether he has the smarts .. Hutch may not have all his...
  86. 1967

Is that the type of player we want at the club, players that want clauses in their contract that if the going gets tough they can bail & move onto another club that’s higher up the ladder ? Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
  87. 1967

News NRL Draw: The good, bad and ugly for your club in 2024

Footy is pretty simple, win the war up front, and get the ball to the speed men .. We haven’t won the war up front since we lost Graham & Klemmer, and we’ll continue to lose until we get some scary aggressive mongrels up front .. Problem is, I think the blokes in charge have been working on...
  88. 1967

Official Gus on Twitter

Funny how Gus takes over at these clubs that have been perennial losers for years, spends years there being paid big coin to supposedly twiddle his thumbs contributing nothing, yet after he leaves they all of a sudden become powerhouse clubs & win multiple premierships .. Happened at Roosters...
  89. 1967

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

This has been my thoughts exactly .. doesn’t matter who plays where, they’re never going to compete against any team with only 41% possession / 13 errors .. CC won’t change much, all focus will be on completions / ball handling .. He’ll go with .. 1. Taaffe 2. Kiraz 3. Tracey 4. Critta 5...
  90. 1967

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Parra at full strength are a big seasoned footy team, at full strength they’re the only team aside from Bronco’s that have consistently troubled the Panthers over the last couple of years. As much as I wanted the win, I knew we were up against it .. But one thing I did want to see an end to...
  91. 1967

I was proud of that win, that’s a pretty hot young Parra team, but our young talent stood firm and got the job done .. I was impressed with Bailey Haywood, thought he changed the game when he came on .. I watched Sexton pretty closely, he played well but the big blokes like to run at him...
  92. 1967

Doorey targeted him big time ..
  93. 1967

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

I’d be very surprised if Kik’s doesn’t score a try today .. maybe even 2 ..
  94. 1967

What are you going to drink 2nd half ?
  95. 1967

News Half chance: Hutchison finally gets first shot at No.7 jersey

Legit question, why do you prefer Crichton right side with Kiraz ? Personally I feel his defence, voice, and talents are best served on the left side where he can push Burton, direct JAC, cover for him and keep him in position, plus he can help get good ball to Kik’s .. Also Xerri on the...
  96. 1967

There’s a separate thread with couple of blokes wanting to buy ..
  97. 1967

Truck Washed [emoji736] Lawns Mowed [emoji736] Dog Walked [emoji736] New Batteries in the remote [emoji736] Wife of for the arvo with girlfriends [emoji736] Fridge stocked with coldies [emoji736] Full Bottle of Gentlemen Jack for celebrations [emoji736] Bring it on … UP THE MIGHTY...