Search results

1. Brian Boru

'The Dogs'

Who cares what they called them. They supported Parra. Doggies or Dogs (of War)
  2. Brian Boru

'The Dogs'

3. Brian Boru

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

When you have 32% possession it is hard to play like that when you need to play mistake free footie. Coming from your own half constantly nullifies the man advantage somewhat. The 2 man advantage was only for the last 7 minutes. If we had 50% ball 2nd half a real different story would have...
  4. Brian Boru

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

You are not a real Dogs supporter then.
  5. Brian Boru

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

All teams are going sideways from dummy half because of the new rules it seems to give the first receiver a bit more time. Could be wrong but it seems that way.
  6. Brian Boru

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

A sidelight to the collision, when watching the replay on FOX You will see that he held onto the ball while going down and a Shark player Teig Wilton slapped the ball from his grip while other players were involved in the tackle. It was never questioned because the injury was being looked at...
  7. Brian Boru

Opinion Hmmm…

Marki This refers to your previous post.
  8. Brian Boru

Opinion Hmmm…

Really, No credit to Goulds involvement and turning the pathways around? Cleary came back to a new improved Penrith. And BTW has given credit to Gus. Obviously you are now a clown judging by the likers.
  9. Brian Boru

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Come on he was OK. one dropped ball and he is useless? Crichton is my problem. Is he out there as assistant coach? What else did he do. The best centre in the NRL??? The game turned when he tipped that ball forward for no reason on the 4th play. Rest is history. He might be targetted but show...
  10. Brian Boru

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

What about Kiks head high that hit him in the middle of the chest.
  11. Brian Boru

A mate of mine, a Rabbitoh tragic just called and said you guys have been screwed over.
  12. Brian Boru

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

No he won''t, he doesn't give it away. He will be stronger. Either should all the nervous Nancies on here. A loss it was but with the Eels having 70% ball in the 1st half in the heat, our boys never gave up. 3 tries to 2 until that last intercept (?) was a great effort under the circumstances...
  13. Brian Boru

Official Gus on Twitter

So you are tipping the Bulldogs to win the Premiership?
  14. Brian Boru

Opinion Update on Signings

Take out the LOSE, OR DRAW
  15. Brian Boru

How Clueless is Fox league?

Xerri ?
  16. Brian Boru

Top 5 fastest bulldogs of all time -1996 onward

One for the old timers. The quickest of all time might have been Roger Dunbar (The Flying Scotsman) Pre 1996 though. Well and truly Pre LOL (1960's)
  17. Brian Boru

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

They are good stop gaps. When we are trying to build as we are
  18. Brian Boru

Dymock

Les Johns tackle on Kevin Yow Yeh at the SSG. Unbelievable. Wish there was footage of that.
  19. Brian Boru

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

It was a real game not a fantasy one
  20. Brian Boru

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

3 poor tries last week back on the left wing
  21. Brian Boru

James Graham Puts Andrew Davey Back In His Place

Which Aussie NRL team does he coach?
  22. Brian Boru

Rumour Kurt Mann signed!!!!

Nu Brown has not been resigned by the Knights for next year I believe. He was a fill in.
  23. Brian Boru

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

Wher is Grimaldi these days. A great unsung player and a great trainer
  24. Brian Boru

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

Awesome. Some of these powderpuffs should listen to that
  25. Brian Boru

Dogs divide: Training ground punishment becomes a heated and emotional debate

No it is a BS article. Reign of terror? If the game has moved on he should tell Robinson, Fittler, Joey and a multitude of others including former players. Golf, Soccer and basketball are not contact sports like NRL. Brent Read went to the DT and is now trying to prove himself. Being Woke on...
  26. Brian Boru

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Do you really know why he had to leave the Bulldogs? Coffs Harbour???
  27. Brian Boru

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

They very well should show up with a bit of Willy Mason Bulldogs DNA. Well, the ones who don't put in will be noted.
  28. Brian Boru

Opinion Your rating on Gus' performance so far

Why should he? He shows them up as the D***heads they are. Gives them a show and us a laugh.
  29. Brian Boru

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

NSW Cup guys are trying to get into the finals. Flegg Guys are in the finals. Why risk them in a nothing game. You know that and are just stirring as usual.
  30. Brian Boru

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Come on look at the forwards we have had this year. This is where we have been pounded. Along with lack of a playmaker, Perham at fullback (CC surely regrets this after today). Even today, with an already weak roster, we have Preston, Kiraz and Burns out. The attack, or lack of it was a big...
  31. Brian Boru

Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

Why, who else have we got? Been one of our best for a fair while. Put him back to 13.
  32. Brian Boru

Opinion Recruitment targets

In NSW cup along with 1st grade and Flegg
  33. Brian Boru

Opinion Recruitment targets

The Knights flogged us.
  34. Brian Boru

Opinion Comedy

Forget the laughable defence. What about the attack. 5 Hit ups then kick. Not as though we ever benefit from kicks. No one runs to the outside shoulder when they actually pass, just straight into into the opposition. I've been a loyal fan since the 60''s (i'm 75) and this is the 1st time I feel...
  35. Brian Boru

Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

He is a real fullback. Quick, runs hard and beats tackles. Unlike CC's twinkle toes boy.
  36. Brian Boru

Pangai Jnr has the intelligence of a besser block

JAC called it then we let in the two easiest tries of the year, TPG then gets hooked for most of the game. CC hooks our best forward and leaves on the guys who shirt grabbed the two try scorers. Tough!!! Thommo should never played past the first 15 minutes. Waddell showed him up. He must have...
  37. Brian Boru

This forum is toast after a loss

I wish Thommo got a few more tackles under his belt.
  38. Brian Boru

News James Graham thinks Bulldogs fans should trust the process

I'm with ya mate. 60 years. Been a wild ride, especially lately but I live in hope with the youngsters coming through. That to me is one of the great things about supporting a club. Let the nay sayers go. It is a game after all.
  39. Brian Boru

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

TPJ made one mistake when JAC called for the ball and he is banished. 2 tries after that were the weakest tries all year. Both with same players involved. Why did TPJ get banished?
  40. Brian Boru

Pangai Jnr has the intelligence of a besser block

He was on fire. I am not sticking up for him but I think JAC called for the ball and as Brandy said the Knights player just jumped in between them. Bit harsh hooking him as he was the only player denting the opposition. CC gave the Knights forwards a break. How would we go if he hooked our...
  41. Brian Boru

Is Burton immune from being dropped?

Dont believe that. He has the skills(step and pace) but he needs a half and 5/8 inside, something that we havent got now or for a couple of years. Blake Taafe needs to have been bought as a half or 5/8.
  42. Brian Boru

Is Burton immune from being dropped?

I dont rate Sexton at all. Why do you think we got him. Dogs just dont play footie. CC seems to have us into defensive mode with the ball. He is worried about his vision of the game aint working. Our teams from 60 odd years ago were at the bottom of the table but we gave it a go with the ball...
  43. Brian Boru

News Knights v Bulldogs: Best, Saifiti in doubt; Same 17 for Ciraldo

Is it 5 winning streak or 5 out of 6. Just checking the writers stats.
  44. Brian Boru

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

Why should we care. Holbrook went the UK, coached the best roster by far in the league, had success. Comes home and gets booted. Why? Maybe he didn't have the cattle he had over there. Robinson has been the super coach only because of Nick's gold plated team. Found out this year.
  45. Brian Boru

News Can Cameron Ciraldo and Phil Gould rebuild the Canterbury Bulldogs into premiership contenders?

Maybe a fluke at the end, but Dogs blew 3 tries and should have cruised. The TK is the most negative forum. Lets leave the Head Coach alone until the middle of 2024.
  46. Brian Boru

In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Travis one of my all time favs. He would be a hit now with the 13 on his back. Simon Gillies and Polly never say die players. Sometimes I thought Polly was about to die but he just got up and threw himself back into it.
  47. Brian Boru

In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Hutch was the worst golfer I have ever seen. Played in an ambrose with him and Braith in Coffs Harbour (Bonville) in 2004. The day before the shit hit the fan. Hutch had about 25 air swing tee shots in the 18 holes.
  48. Brian Boru

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

You know I never said your opinion is wrong. But it is ok for people to have different opinions. Accept it. I also think that some people know what they are talking about. I am not always right.
  49. Brian Boru

Great response. People have different opinions. I know what I see and what I think the team may need and I have an opinion like many others on this forum. I may be wrong. But apparently you are obviously always right. So to disagree you get abused. The problem with this forum is that fuckheads...
  50. Brian Boru

BTW I watch all the games.
  51. Brian Boru

Well go fuck yourself. He made 14 hitups but that is what they were, slow hitups and hammered. Slow play the ball. OK he defended well as he always does, but to see our guys just running into the opposition to get to the 5th tackle, well, if thats what you like in the game so be it. I would...
  52. Brian Boru

Ryan Sutton Defence

I reckon that Edwards will be the next Tolman. Both he and Sutton hardly strike any fear into the opposition.
  53. Brian Boru

Don't think he offered much all day.
  54. Brian Boru

Those 3 are forwards and are the real problem with the Doggies.
  55. Brian Boru

In the real world wingers are finishers and able to score long range tries. A sad indictment if we had to play a back 5 with a view for them only to run it out of the red zone.
  56. Brian Boru

News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

Wilson has always played fullback.
  57. Brian Boru

Skelton

Not best on ground and not a centre. Our centres were a defensive read problem.
  58. Brian Boru

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Yeah. Can't wait for a win. This place will be asleep and everyone can be nice to each other, their partners and especially their dog.
  59. Brian Boru

Official Gus Fronts Press Conference

Negative Nellie back on air. Gus answered questions, but obviously not to your opinionated liking. Stick to the Dolphins. How was their survey? He is not that stupid. Leave the rumours to the kennel.
  60. Brian Boru

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Yep older than you.
  61. Brian Boru

Just a lil harsh

Great reply lol
  62. Brian Boru

Just a lil harsh

Crap Talk
  63. Brian Boru

Just a lil harsh

Of course they respect the jersey. Will anyone have a look at the team that played yesterday. Probably 7 players there were reserve grade standard. They tried but obviously are not good enough. Who do you replace them with? Most of the forwards and half are the reserve graders. The cupboard is...
  64. Brian Boru

Are you on the bus?

Ridiculous poll. The undecided are moving on to who? How can you be a true blue supporter and then have to decide whether you will continue?
  65. Brian Boru

**Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs: A Crisis in Leadership and Culture**

They scored the same number of competition points.
  66. Brian Boru

**Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs: A Crisis in Leadership and Culture**

If you are 70+ years as a fan you have seen as bad as this before. Plenty of spoons. Did you say that then or just kicked the dog?
  67. Brian Boru

Lets not put it all on the coach…

Very true. The worst first grade pack i've seen in a long time. Knokonbur cant tackle. Topine and Morrin way too small, miss too many tackles and get dominated. King has gone south. TPJ ???. Where does that leave us. Rajab is a turnstyle. Kiraz and Alamoti have regressed under the pressure of...
  68. Brian Boru

Lets not put it all on the coach…

Reggies got flogged by the 2nd bottom team today. 38-12
  69. Brian Boru

Mahoney In Presser

As an old boy I can honestly say the thrashings have happened before. And we got through it.
  70. Brian Boru

Mahoney In Presser

How are you making an example of him? Do you honestly think he reads this rubbish.
  71. Brian Boru

Mahoney In Presser

A bit taken out of context. He did pull himself up and say "or maybe they do". And it is a long road back after the last few years. I will stay on the bus and not descend to the childish abuse thrown about today. Having seen my 1st game in 1956 and seen the Berries at the bottom for years, I...
  72. Brian Boru

Opinion Canterbury big men to become Mahoney’s bodyguards.

Only crap because he is targeted, he takes them on with no support.
  73. Brian Boru

That Nelson call

Maybe a hand on him but i think the bunker ruled no knock on because the defender knocked the ball out of his hands. Tough call about whether a hand was on him as they did slide off him. Anyway so what they got belted after that which was good
  74. Brian Boru

Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

I have heard of injuries to players.
  75. Brian Boru

No minutes played shown. TPJ's stats dont look too bad for 49 minutes Neither do Pele's for his cameo of 21 minutes. Patolo 16 minutes. The rest of the forwards terrible.
  76. Brian Boru

Patolo only played 16 minutes. (12 tackles) Okonbur played 80 (26 tackles) Some stats need checking.
  77. Brian Boru

Look at the squad he had when he came back and still has. A group who have played together mainly since SG Ball Look what he did at the Tigers. What about Andrew Webster. The players were glowing in their praise of CC. Kikau, Burton etc. The assistants had a fair bit to do with it. With our...
  78. Brian Boru

News Averillo eyeing move to Dolphins

Oloko’atu? He is a very good racehorse.
  79. Brian Boru

Willie Mason

Agree with Doogle. Perham leaving a whole but then Edwards stopped and dawdled allowing Gutho clear space. This was alluded to by CC in the Presso. Not that he let TPJ off the hook.
  80. Brian Boru

Official Rd16 Bulldogs vs Sharks Match Week Discussion

I think he then said he did a lot of work at fullback in the pre season. He was taking the piss it seems.
  81. Brian Boru

Official Rd16 Bulldogs vs Sharks Match Week Discussion

I never have seen Reynold as an organiser. He doesn't know from play to play what he is about to do let alone the team. Tackling is fair to say not his strong suit.
  82. Brian Boru

Opinion Chris Patolo

Played 38 minutes made 20 tackles with 1 miss and had 74 run metres. One of our best forwards, especially after a long injury layoff. A big body, sorely needed by us to hold the middle. A lot of people seem to fast forward games.
  83. Brian Boru

Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

No idea what you mean about your comment. There are a lot of them. TPJ made two bad errors, not for the want of trying, like the laziness of other unnamed players. Apart from him we have no one to take the other pack on, and he does a good job. Good offloads today. Who else is capable of a quick...
  84. Brian Boru

WE left a few out there. 3 tries from grubbers looked certain but bad bounces. We had more line breaks, less time with the ball. (45/55) Parra had everything go right, including the 1st try which was a joke. A few good breaks and a few good bounces we are right in the game. Why slit wrists and...
  85. Brian Boru

Time for mass Changes

Agree with Perham to Wilson. But not Topine. Pele will come in. What about Kitione Kautoga, can he get a run this year?
  86. Brian Boru

The Burton penalty was the real turning point. Just stupidity on the last tackle.
  87. Brian Boru

More his fitness to play bigger minutes not his defence
  88. Brian Boru

Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

Do you think that Klein took it that JAC was trying to milk as he runs straight ahead to the Roosters player while all the other Bulldogs were running to the ball near the sideline? Just saying.
  89. Brian Boru

Opinion Why we lost today.

Agree that Mahoney stays we win. Closed the middle.
  90. Brian Boru

Opinion Why we lost today.

The 2nd try was good but was helped when Waddel threw in a blooper and kicked the ball onwards to the tryline. Made it a lot easier for Teddy.
  91. Brian Boru

The sooner we have forwards to gain the ascendancy we will have the halves to take advantage. Very one dimensional supporters. CC obviously knows we are down on forwards. What do you expect him to do with the young guys coming through. It is a rebuild. An apprenticeship for some players. Gus has...
  92. Brian Boru

Opinion That's all I ever asked for!

The weak middle is killing us. Everyone talks about the halves but it is the weak middle (and fullback)
  93. Brian Boru

Hate to say it but if Flanno replace Mahoney he would have held the middle and maybe would have won. He just might have found his place. Dad might take him to the Dragons as such.
  94. Brian Boru

Of course. We are dominated every week. The Roosters big boys rolled through us today like every team, quick play the balls and looked likely to break us, but great defence kept them at bay. If we had Kikau, Thomson, Patolo, Pele etc to help TPJ out in the pack today we would have had the...
  95. Brian Boru

Dylan Brown has been caught too. Charged with 5 counts of sexual touching at the Golden Sheaf.
  96. Brian Boru

Burton tried it and got caught
  97. Brian Boru

Also KO is forever behind a dominated pack. Our halves never room to move. No quick play the balls. Urgent need of some strength up front.
  98. Brian Boru

Reed going off was costly there. And BTW I hope that the knee action of Suaelli (?) is looked at by the MRV>