Search results

1. N

The send off rule - a work around

Once a player is sent off, it is pretty much game over for the team a player down, especially under the new rules. Essentially the game is ruined. A common argument in the past has been to let a player come on and replace the player sent off to maintain 13 on 13. A valid criticism of this...
  2. N

Panthers v Broncos - GF thread

Dont even bother playing the 2 games next week. Who wins the GF?
  3. N

Recruitment team did not do there homework

We recruited players from clubs that were at the top end of the table. Mahoney was the starting hooker of a team that made the GF last season. He was also in the conversation of origin selection. Burton was in the starting side of a team that won the GF. The same with Kikau. JAC had plenty of...
  4. N

You can see it from a mile away - terrible culture

The word gets thrown around a lot, but what does it mean? Its about the standards you hold individually, how much you care and how much you care about your team mates. You do not want to let yourself and your team down. The biggest give aways are our recruits, Mahoney, Burton, Kikau, TPJ. These...
  5. N

Will the NRL even exist in the future?

In light of the Wally Lewis news, look what just came out this week. This looks very concerning. I would hate to think what could come of this. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/aug/02/matter-of-life-and-death-brain-injuries-claim-heading-for-court-rugby-league
  6. N

Honestly, what a garbage comp the NRL has become

What does one have to do to see a close game? It seems that most games have reverted to blow outs game won by the favourite. It has become so damn boring and predictable. As soon as there is close game, which is very very rare, we all lose our minds because we have been so starved of them...
  7. N

Government about to ban gambling advertising on TV, internet, sponsorships etc

This news that came out during the week is about to be a lightning bolt on the game. Channel 9, Fox etc rely so heavily on advertising $$$ from these betting agencies to pretty much recoup the investment they make into the game via TV rights deals. It will be interesting to see what happens. IMO...
  8. N

I have a feeling

If we do not get Ben Hunt, we will get Luke Brooks. Hearing Gus on 100% footy the other night, he was speaking highly of him. How he has played 200 games as a half and how rare they are. He was pretty much blaming the Tigers for what they put around him etc. I would not be surprised at all if we...
  9. N

Scheduled loss v Souths

This is a scheduled loss. Even the best of teams would struggle playing on Sunday night and backing up on Friday afternoon. This is absolutely horrendous, Let alone with most of our pack injured and the let down of an emotional high of a golden point win. I fear for our team. What were they...
  10. N

Reynolds made a big difference

For the first time i can remember when he had the ball, he took the ball deep to the line and engaged the defender. He got wacked but at least he created a half opportunity. The outside backs did not run the correct lines and decoys to create an overlap but it is a start and something they can...
  11. N

You do not need great expensive forwards to win in the modern NRL

Just looking at the way the game is played, you do not need great expensive forwards. The rules and speed of the game is such that getting to the opposition 20 is very very easy. Yards are so easy to come by in the modern NRL What you DO NEED is a GREAT spine. At least 3 of the 4 members of...
  12. N

Lets look at this objectively

Now that the dust has settled Defense - Manly scored 31 points, which on the surface looks very bad, but upon closer inspection it is a little bit fools gold for Manly and a huge credit for our D which CC is renowned for. Manly scored 1 try where DCE kicked it, which deflected off a dogs...
  13. N

Why the Panthers are so good

This domination started in 2020, when the 6 again rule started. When this rule was implemented, there was a major shift in playing styles. Every team changed the way they played except the Panthers. The Panthers major focus was on defense. There priority and empire was built on defense. No...
  14. N

The only times we will win this season

Is when the opposition thinks they only have to turn up to win and turn up with an awful attitude like the Eels or when we have crazy amounts of luck like getting tries off kicks and intercepts. Look at those 2 wins we had and that is all what happened. If we face a decent team who turns up with...
  15. N

The standard of the comp

We are just half way through the season and ALREADY there are a number teams who are a write off for trying to make the 8. Dogs, Tigers, Titans, Dragons, Warriors, Knights are not getting anywhere near the 8. There seasons are OVER. There are literally only 2 teams who are vying for that 8th...
  16. N

Mick Potter

You can see why he was sacked from the Tigers and never got a 1st grade gig anywhere else. I didn't think we could be worse with T Baz, but this is next level. Has no fu#king clue what he is doing. While our attack was ordinary, our D was semi decent under Barrett, what has happened to it?
  17. N

After the Roosters game - what happened?

What happened after this game? We had a great win against a legitimate heavy weight. I honestly thought that was a line in the sand moment as far as the season was concerned. I thought we would get tremendous confidence especially going into the "soft part" of the draw. Good momentum. Instead...
  18. N

What was that?

Seriously, it looked like a team that because they won last week that was enough to keep people off there backs so they can go back to providing the minimal effort. There were so many players, especially Naden who simply did not want to be there. The biggest sign was after a decent defensive...
  19. N

Who else in the last 25 seconds of the game......

Was HOPING that on the last tackle a dogs player got the ball and ran backwards all the way to the dead ball line to kill the clock, just like Walker did last season. I was honestly thinking that as i was watching it live.
  20. N

Huge Mistake

Its come back to bite us, but getting rid of John Asiata was a massive mistake. He is a very very skilful ball playing lock, far far superior to Jacko. He would have solved so many of our issues on offense. He would have filled that role superbly. Jacko could have focused on carting it up...
  21. N

Get this player, get that player.......what for?

The club has become a black hole for careers for players. Every player that seems to come across seems to just go backwards. Burton was an absolute superstar last season playing in the centres. What has he worked on in the summer? He has no pass on him as a half, all he relies on is that left...
  22. N

Can't have dumb players in key positions - simple as that

Averillo either has to be dumped from the team OR put in another position. You cannot have a player who has nothing between the ears in the most important position on the park. He just does not have it. JMK, is another who gets his hands on the ball every play the ball. Its these positions that...
  23. N

The Panthers defense

Out of all my years watching the game i have never seen a defense like this in my life. Have you ever seen a team that sprints off its line for 80 minutes and not only that, physically man handle the ball carrier and drive them backwards and side ways for 80 minutes? Souths last night did not...
  24. N

You cannot coach stupid people

Its really that simple. Napa, Okunbor, Thompson....nothing between the ears.
  25. N

Social Media Dylan Brown to the dogs - 5 years @ $5 mill??

League Counsel on twitter
  26. N

Our style is our biggest enemy

Watching the top teams style v ours, it is easy to see that our style is well outdated. Gone are the conservative days of tucking it under the arm for 5 tackles and kicking it deep into the corners. The top teams especially the storm are throwing a shot EVERY single set. They cart the ball...
  27. N

When was the last time

A team had 11 players on a field for any moment of time and the opposition always had 13 and STILL won. Would love to know. How embarrassing.
  28. N

A Team of Morons - Nick Tedeschi

Canterbury-Bankstown are entitled to get beat on talent most weeks. They have an awful roster. There is absolutely no excuse for the complete and utter stupidity that they play with. They haven’t won a game this year and based on their clueless showing against North Queensland, they won’t win...
  29. N

Why didn't we sign Benji for 12 months?

I guarantee you if we had Benji this season, we would have at least 2 wins so far. He would have been great for Flanno and would have given us something in attack and made more use of Allen, Cotrik and DWZ. Even if got Burton early, he would have been a very handy number 14. What an epic fail in...
  30. N

The team has no soul

I have no doubt in my mind this is 100% coaching. As a team and individually, every player has gone backwards. I will guarantee you anything you want, Burton and JAC will also go backwards next season. They look absolutely clueless. I seriously do not think we will win a game all year.
  31. N

NRL cop landslide weekend in rules debate

The NRL's new rules are back under the spotlight after the most lopsided round in almost 17 years. A combined total of 209 points have decided the eight games of round four, with an average of 26.1 points between teams at fulltime. Parramatta's 14-point win over the Wests Tigers on Monday capped...
  32. N

IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

I don't want to sound like a downer, but realistically, what is the point of playing this game? The Storm get 2 origin players back this week with one of those being the best hooker in the game. I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the...
  33. N

V'Landys still in denail

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-won-t-promote-mediocrity-nrl-pushing-ahead-with-expansion-despite-great-divide-20210403-p57gb3.html “When you look at the successful clubs, the common element is not just the roster; it’s the program they have to bring players through,” he said. LOL...
  34. N

Will we win 1 game this season?

This Broncos team was probably the worst team we will play this season and we could not score a point. When we play Manly, they will have Turbo back. I honestly do not think think we will win a game,
  35. N

No belief, no confidence

Its as simple as that. They try hard, but there is no belief and no confidence with the ball. This is a coaching thing, The coaching staff should be providing the technical side of attack.
  36. N

Next week against the Broncos

Broncos 0-2 , Brisbane are the cash cow for the NRL and are needed badly for crowds and TV ratings Watch for the referees to absolutely flog us next week in penalties and 6 again's. No way the NRL will let the Broncos go 0-3 against us. Just get ready.
  37. N

Something is not right

I am talking about this Panthers team. I watch pretty much every game very very very closely. This Panthers team has been far far superior to every other team physically and fitness wise. Not only for the whole 80 minutes they sprint off the line in defense, they are in oppositions faces pretty...
  38. N

Is that the longest....

A team has ever gone through, 61 mins without a single penalty or a set restart? I honestly cannot remember if it has ever happened before. No wonder our team was dropping the ball and kept on falling off tackled and making poor reads. Such fatigue can can cause bad reads in defense.
  39. N

The impact of the refereeing under the new rules.

Don't be so hard on the team. When you look at it in isolation, we dropped heaps of fall and missed simple tackles. HOWEVER, do not under estimate the impact of all the set re starts that has on the players. The players were badly fatigued and this leads to errors, both with the ball and in...
  40. N

The NRL has turned into the English Super League

There is next to no defense anymore, blow out score after blow out score, most games over by half time. As a result of the NRL trying to get ratings up, injuries in particular serious injuries have gone through the roof. What a mess the NRL has turned the league into. All this for TV ratings...
  41. N

So much work to do

A win is a win and it feels really good. We scored 3 tries off kicks. Tries off kicks can come off real skill and sometimes just pure luck. Tonight all our tries off kicks were from pure luck. When the ball goes up the ball bounces off shoulders, heads etc etc with a loose ball etc etc. The...
  42. N

All you need to know about this team

Just after Foran made the half break where he passed it to Thomspon, the Titans defensive line was all scrambled and out of sorts. What do we do? Pass to Tolman 1 out where he then steps right into the thick of the Titans defense. Instead of looking to pass or even try and run to where the...
  43. N

Josh Jackson is to us what Darius Boyd is to the Broncoc

Sad to say, but he looks like someone who would prefer to be somewhere else. He got steam rolled for 2 tries on our goal line. With a team lacking in talent, he should be leading the way and should be a blue chip in terms of being someone who would be able to give us a consistent 7.5 a week...
  44. N

I have watched Rugby league for 35 years AND

I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo. Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless. What do they do during the week? Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?
  45. N

Josh Jackson needs to be dropped

No question about it. Looks so stale, wants nothing to do with with rugby league. Just collecting a cheque.
  46. N

Fitness is a major concern

In our last 3 games, in the final 20 of all games, we hit a wall. I notice that it effects our attack the most. It seems very very lethargic in this final phase. Doesnt matter if we are winning or losing. Today in the final 20, the possession was 70-30 our way yet we just had no energy when...
  47. N

Can someone explain to me

Can someone explain to me the history between Phil Gould and the Andersons? I keep hearing there is bad blood. What exactly happened?
  48. N

What has happened to Josh Jackson?

I love the guy, but i cannot even describe what has happened to him. On offense he does not bend the line. Under Des, he had a little bit of ball playing on that right edge, now that is gone. He blew a simple 2 on 1 last night from a bomb last night. On defense he seems to be missing tackles...
  49. N

Next season wont be any different

Sure we have close to $3 mill to spend but there needs to be talent to buy. First and foremost we need a hooker. The ONLY one that could possibly be on the market is Harry Grant. If we do not get him, then who? I have heard he will be going to Melbourne no matter what. This is not NBA 2K where...
  50. N

This season is the biggest joke

This season is an absolute joke. The rules were changed after 2 rounds which greatly altered the fabric of the game. Some teams (Warriors and now Storm) are consistently on the road and cannot see there family and friends. Maybe even for up to 5 months. Some teams can play at there home grounds...
  51. N

The NRL season just became a lottery

It appears that if the NRL season was to resume, then it will be split into 2 conferences of 8. The season will be 7 weeks long, 3 weeks of semis and a GF. This all of a sudden turned the comp into a genuine lottery. Any team including us (just look at the back end of last season) can catch...