Search results

1. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Not convinced we improve next year

Let’s face it Even with Mahoney and Kikau , we might be marginally better at best….
  2. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a good player but I’m no way is he a 7 nor will he last there. It’s only a matter of time, I think he’ll be moved into a new position for him or dropped by Rd 12
  3. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Farout, I don’t like Penrith players

I don’t know if it’s just me but the culture at the panthers really irks me and I don’t know why. Guys like To’o, Luai, Crichton and Cleary, they don’t really seem arrogant but I don’t know what it is, I reckon Penrith would have a really clique culture. Whereas the dogs all the players I...
  4. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Anyone watching the new Benji Marshall show?

I hope it goes well for him but so far it feels a little awkward but I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be
  5. CanterburybankstownBD

Averillo is too predictable

He catches, sprints and then dishes the ball on, or he runs and dummys He’s to easy to defend against, he’s not a real halfback Who knows if he’ll develop into one but the Averillo at halfback experiment has to end at least for now EVen Meaney looked better at 5/8 in his first game for the Storm
  6. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Ever wondered what NRL preseason entails ?

Broken down here- https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/12/03/preseason-by-the-numbers/#:~:text=Across%20the%2015%2Dweek%20pre,the%20Rugby%20League%20specific%20training.
  7. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Why o why? Do we look no different in attack

Biggest disappointment is the lack of creativity in attack, we look disjointed, just looked like last year. BBO didn’t even look very good, maybe it’s the pressure We got Gus and Hansen plus all the recruits I was expecting something different, who cares if we lose the trial but even something...
  8. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion The season is about to begin and hasn’t it gone fast

It’s flown by ladies and gents .. at least we can enjoy watching the bulldogs play this year, even if we’re only winning 50% let’s hope we play with passion and put in 100% Just read an article from fox sports and Anasta believes ‘Flanno’ should partner Burton as Averillo is too similar to...
  9. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion If Barrett is fired who replaces him in the short and long term?

Saw this question asked on reddit & made me wonder. Madge’s hard nosed approach might suit the culture. I say no to Ciraldo, Don’t say Bellamy or Bennet because that’s very unlikely .
  10. CanterburybankstownBD

News Bulldogs to field two reserve grade teams in 2022

Seems like Gus's doing...... Daily Telegraph Thee Bulldogs will take the extraordinary step of having two reserve grade teams next year as the club moves to bring all its pathways systems back in house. The Bulldogs will share its second-tier players between its own Canterbury side as well...
  11. CanterburybankstownBD

News Luke Thompson to get double vaxxed now

According to this article on wide world of sports………. The Mole: Bulldogs star Luke Thompson caves in, agrees to get COVID-19 vaccination By The Mole 9 hours ago The NRL has scored a major victory over the anti-vax brigade with Bulldogs forward Luke Thompson finally agreeing to get double...
  12. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Your top 8 for 2022

Pick your top 8 for 2022... 1. Roosters 2. Storm 3. Parramatta 4. Penrith 5. Souths 6. Cronulla 7. Broncos 8. Bulldogs :grimacing:
  13. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion How much influence does Gus have on the style of footy we play next year?

We all know Gus is a great coach, tactician, man manager, etc. Will Gus have any say in the way we play or is that completely up to Trent Barrett? Will he be there at training offering his advice to Trent and speaking to the players etc.?
  14. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Who will be our most valuable signing for next year?

Josh ado-Carr, Matt Burton, Tevita Pantai Jnr? Or could Josh Cook fill the 9 position so we’ll and improve our attack? John Asiata as a ball playing forward like Kasiano and Pritchard in 2012?
  15. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Top 8 in 2022?

Geez our squad is looking good for next year, TPJ and Hethrington on the edges, Thompson has a real front rower to partner him up front in Vaughn, we've got plenty of speed in Dufty, Ado-Carr, Naden, Burton with his massive boot and X-factor. On top of this, our other players will lift with the...
  16. CanterburybankstownBD

Okay, lineup for 2022

We've bought a lot of players and some I hadn't even heard of or some haven't seen play but things do seem promising looking at our squad and having Phil Gould on board. Maybe with Gus around and the players it allows Barrett to play the way he wants. Top 17. Even though I don't know all...
  17. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Compare our squad to other teams?

I was watching the Roosters and Broncos game last night. Andrew Voss said something like ‘the roosters team looks good and then you look on the sidelines and they have Sam Verrils, Josh Morris etc etc on the sidelines’ Which made me think about some of the clubs in this competition and how many...
  18. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Are we being naive to think we will improve next year?

While watching the game tonight I was thinking, even with Burton, Ado-Carr and Naden I don't think we will be much better if we don't change our style of play. We just look like we're trying to hard to play a certain way, it looks like Barrett is trying to implement what has worked so well at...
  19. CanterburybankstownBD

News ‘I want to help their young fellas’: No backing down for Addo-Carr about Dogs switch

By Adam Pengilly and Adrian Proszenko The chance to help Canterbury’s young stars of the future is one of Josh Addo-Carr’s main motivations to head to the Bulldogs as he remains optimistic about the future of Trent Barrett’s wooden-spoon favourites. Speaking after Addo-Carr’s current club...
  20. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Hypothetically... if our coach changed tomorrow?

Hypothetically.. if the NRL magically made some kind of new initiative and forced the bottom teams to swap coaches with the top teams for the rest of the year to make the season more interesting what would happen? Say we got Bellamy tomorrow... wonder if he could make us a top 8 team?
  21. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion I can't work out why we're playing so bad?

All the videos and interviews I watched in the preseason made me believe we were going to play completely different this year and be a top 8 team. Our attack is really bad... I thought we worked on it all preseason? I'm not criticising Barrett here because it's a very tough job I assume, but do...
  22. CanterburybankstownBD

Have you watched the replay of our trial game?

The more I watch it, the more positives I see. I think we're going to develop into a really good side as the season continues. I'm really optimistic and see us as a top 8 team this year.
  23. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Tips for our first 5 games of the season

So, we play the Knights in round 1 at McDonald Jones stadium. Panthers, Rd 2 at Bankwest, Broncos Rd 3 at Suncorp, Rabbitohs Rd 4 at ANZ and in Rd 5 we vs the Storm in Perth. How do you think our first 5 games will turn out? Shame Luke Thompson won't be there for the start of the season...
  24. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Probably a dumb thread, but what does everyone think of Trent Barrett?

So I know we have nothing to judge him on as a bulldogs coach, but what does everyone think of Trent Barrett? I think his signings have been good, does everyone think he fits well into the culture and history of the club? When Hasler started coaching the dogs, I kind of felt he was taking us...
  25. CanterburybankstownBD

News 'Here they breed success' Reimis Smith comments on going to Storm.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/here-they-breed-success-storm-recruit-reimis-smith-looks-to-follow-in-addo-carr-s-footsteps-20210108-p56sp7.html
  26. CanterburybankstownBD

Have you watched 'road to the finals'? the panthers video series on last years finals campaign?

What did you think of it? I am enjoying it and the Knights video series called 'be the player' Does anyone know of any other videos that are similar? Thanks
  27. CanterburybankstownBD

What is our ideal bench combination?

I've never really understood how teams pick their bench..is a utility essential these days? Hethrington, Atoni and Ogden are players I wouldn't want to leave out of the side but that would mean having 3 props on the bench. Is that such a bad thing? 3 props and one 2nd rower. The blues in state...
  28. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

Am I the only one who thinks this is ludicrous? The new signings, plus our existing players and new coaching staff + the new fresh set-up with training facilities.. I think our team looks nicely balanced, I'd be shocked if we finished below 9th. Am I being too ambitious?
  29. CanterburybankstownBD

Trent Barrett discussing the team

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/11/20/barrett-provides-insight-to-new-beginnings-at-belmore/
  30. CanterburybankstownBD

News High performance coach discusses first week

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/11/20/ferris-impressed-with-opening-week-of-pre-season/
  31. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion If rugby league was a world sport where would Australia rank?

Imagine RL was like soccer... would America be number 1? They’ve got over 500million people and as we all know African Americans dominate most team sports over there, their big, athletic and made for Rugby League. Where would Australia be I wonder
  32. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Rugby League documentaries?

I saw ‘The true believers’ documentary mentioned somewhere on the forum and i’m almost finished it and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend any others?
  33. CanterburybankstownBD

What does preseason fitness training entail?

So after hearing that Trent Barrett wants to get the players fit it got me wondering what’s involved? Does anyone know how rigorous pre season fitness training is? I’ve heard of army camps and running up and down the sand dunes at Kurnell (beach in southern sydney for those who don’t know) but...
  34. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Hypothetically Burton is our last signing for 2021 - pick your 17

So as the title says, let's hope we sign matt Burton for next year. If he's our last signing before next season, then what's our best 17? Mine; 1. Averillo/Meaney 2. Okunbor 3. Cotric 4. Hopoate (been a great player for us) 5. DWZ 6. Burton 7. Flanagan 8. Ogden 9. JMK 10. Thompson 11...
  35. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

Trent Barret is bringing a whole new coaching team which looks impressive, plus the former all blacks coach (forgot his name). We've signed Kyle Flanagan who I think has so much potential, he's a genuine half back and a great goal kicker. Jack Hetherington is a genuine intimidator, Corey Waddell...
  36. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Realistically, is there real chance that some clubs may die due to current situation?

Read today there is a possibility that there will only be 10 teams next season if this season doesn’t go ahead. Are they serious? If that did happen would all the players join surviving clubs? A lot of good players without a team due to salary cap or a lot players get pushed out.
  37. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Did anyone see the footage of Fatty Vautin playing for Australia in channel 9's post game

He was Australias number 13. But honestly, I doubt he'd make the 17 in any nrl team these days.
  38. CanterburybankstownBD

News Dogs rookie reveals the moment he learned of shock Round 1 call-up

Brandon Wakeham will wear the No.6 jersey for the Bulldogs in the season-opener on Thursday night. The 21-year-old has been in a neck-and-neck race with Jack Cogger, but Wakeham confirmed on Monday that he got the nod from coach Dean Pay. “I got the news last week, I’m pretty happy and excited...
  39. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion The best looking jersey and colours in the NRL?

Ive been a bulldogs supporter since I was pretty young and I’ve always thought our jersey and colours are by far the best. Is that because I support the dogs or is it because they actually are? The only other teams outfit that I have liked at times is the Canberra raiders, with their bright...
  40. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Where on the ladder will the dogs be after 6 rounds? 12 rounds?

Where will the dogs be sitting after round 6? round 12? I really believ the bulldogs will be in the top 4 after 6 rounds. I think we'll be in the top 4 after 12 rounds.
  41. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Where do the dogs sit in terms of fitness alone?

I've been watching pre-season videos on youtube of the panthers and Warriors. Are most teams in the NRL equal when it comes to fitness? Craig Bellamy is supposed to provide a very tough pre season for the Storm. Joe Stimson said that pre-season has been different at the dogs compared to the...