Search results

1. D

News The passing of former player Bal Numapo

Bal got some TV exposure initially playing for Port Moresby in the National Panasonic Cup. It was a real amateur team that was half the size of most teams. Bal was a standout and thats how he ended up at the Bulldogs but realistically despite having a solid build, very gutsy and pacey he lacked...
  2. D

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

You don't see it because it's not true. Do you think the Roosters would spend 600k for a winger? They let Ferguson leave because of the 500k offer he got from Parra. Cotric desperately fills a centre spot for us adding size, speed and although only 21 he has played 80 first grade games so he...
  3. D

News How Dogs great Ennis and a club sponsor could lure Bennett to Belmore

Don't know where you got that we offered them 350k each on 1 year deals but its 100% false. So is this " the minimum" story Josh agreed to join the Sharks without an offer on the table from us. Brett was told he wasn't wanted due to salary cap restrictions. He had no offers from any other clubs...
  4. D

News How Dogs great Ennis and a club sponsor could lure Bennett to Belmore

Bennett's last decade hasn't been anything to rave about. He left a monumental mess at the Knights- very similar to Des Hasler with us except Hasler did at least get us to a GF. His return to the Broncos was ordinary considering the cattle they got....and they couldn't wait to get rid of him...
  5. D

Opinion So the Morris Twins not good enough for Bulldogs Board ..geniuses

You're on the ball. When asked what the difference is between the Roosters and their previous clubs Brett said " work ethic". Its a worry
  6. D

Opinion The Bulldogs supporters used to be the most tight knit fan base in the comp!

Everything you say is true. Its just when you are so used to success and then you've had years of rubbish then you want answers ....and theres no doubt we have been let down by managements inept decisions. Now we are finally breaking the shackles of Haslers salary cap mess my only concern is do...
  7. D

Opinion So the Morris Twins not good enough for Bulldogs Board ..geniuses

Im sure this is correct - they were told it was time for them to move on. Brett Morris actually contacted St George to go back and finish his career with them but they had no interest so he was heading to the UK as he had no offers until the Roosters got him. Anyhow no point in banging on about...
  8. D

Any interest in Alex Johnston or Adam Doueihi?

700k for Douheihi? He looks to have great potential but at that price let Souths find out if he can fulfil that potential.
  9. D

Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

Well we actually pushed Kasiano out after signing Arron Woods. He signed with the Storm for less money. He is still the only player i've ever known who actually got fit and went backwards. Go figure! I cant explain the decision to let Finucane out of his contract early. It certainly had...
  10. D

Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

Roosters don't spend up on wingers- the are either over 30, unwanted/out of favour or developed within. As soon as Fergo got offered 500k at Parra they said take it and replaced him with B Moz who admitted he had no offers from anyone and offered his services to St George who said no...
  11. D

News Bulldogs skipper Josh Jackon poised to sign a contract that will make him a club legend

Why? Do you think other clubs are offering him anything in the vicinity of 600K? Do you think other clubs are offering him anything above 400k?
  12. D

Pays Favourites

Ill second that. Need some new young talent to come through and with the salary cap being back in order for 2021 positive days await
  13. D

NRL crackdown leads to dramatic drop in third-party deals

Is it the same magic beans that relieves you from accountability and transfers your own shortcomings as the fault of everyone else? No ill pass. Im old so just let me live in the past so i can have the memories of the Bulldogs being a kick arse club who got shit done on and off the...
  14. D

Well JWH was signed in 2010- so it wasn't in-between SBW 2013 & Crichton 2019. So that leaves Tetevano, Taukiaho, O'Donnell and Matagi as there "best" signings in the forwards in 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018. When you consider O'Donnell played 1 year, Matagi half a year, Taukiaho and Tetevano had no...
  15. D

Thats your criteria- i'm talking about at what cost did the club have to pay to get them. Ive mentioned Angus Crichton. So in the end that leaves: Tetevano- who made his NZ debut this year. Sacked by 2 clubs Matagi - released by Warriors for half a year at Roosters Taukeiaho- unwanted by...
  16. D

I think you missed the point that Spoonman84 was making- you pulled me up about mentioning Lichaa but he was saying by your "international" criteria i had every right to.
  17. D

My original question was-from my very first post- "in 2013 they bought SBW. In 2019 they bought Angus Crichton. I ask you-in between 2013 and 2019 name me 1 top line expensive forward they have purchased- just name me 1". Every player you have mentioned wasn't an expensive purchase- but because...
  18. D

1. JWH played 6 games off the bench for Manly. Wasn't a big name signing at the time 2. Crichton- i already mentioned him and SBW- 3. Tetevano -Sacked by the Knights for domestic violence and then Manly before playing a game. Nobody wanted him 4. Suaia Matagi- Told by the Warriors he was free...
  19. D

Maloney wasn't highly sought after- he wasnt touted as anything special during his time at the Warriors, Jennings was tossed out of Penrith who payed half of his salary, O'Donnell was 33 and washed up in the UK......so yeah they got SBW. Im still waiting for the answer the biggest name forward...
  20. D

Yes after 2 months of waiting in the pound, the muzzle is off and i can post!! Ok im probably going to step on toes but i'm a old time Dogs supporter..... whinging and whining about other clubs doesn't sit well with me because its not the reason we have had these lean years. Yes im dirty on...