Search results

1. Xander

News Jimmy Brings:DOGS CHASE THE SUPERCOACH

I'm not thrilled that Barrett leads the way to be the next coach but it is the assistant coaching staff that make all of the difference. Kimmorley said on Triple M yesterday that he would say no to a head coach role but would be keen to assist with halves coaching. Ennis should be offered a...
  2. Xander

News Campo’s Corner preview: Bulldogs

That's actually a really concise, on-point article and I agree with everything. DWZ is currently my favourite Doggies player and he's only been at the club for 5 minutes. I love the guy and I love his attitude, both on and off the field. The club should be built around characters like him...
  3. Xander

Official Pump up video

Is the Braveheart dude in The Kennel forum? That guy is an absolute legend. I'll never forget the day I was sitting on the train to go to the grand final and he barges into the carriage and gives the most rousing full-blooded pep talk you'll ever hear. Whole train was cheering.
  4. Xander

Opinion Belmore stadium upgrade and proud history

Pretty sure Belmore is in a safe Labor seat, right? Hence you won't be finding any pork barrel handouts from the Libs.
  5. Xander

SBW, halfback and 2 explosive backs

Hey mate good post. Don't agree with SBW as I don't think he's got that 'Bulldogs DNA' that has been brought up here a few times. I know when he walked out it was a long time ago but he went to the Roosters FFS. He'd only be back at Belmore if he was offered good money - not because he would...
  6. Xander

Mad Monday or Not?

The Daily Terrorgraph has already set up some long range cameras and audio recording devices at 5km to see if the boys say the F word or fall off a chair.
  7. Xander

News Issac Luke set to leave the warriors

As if Josh McGuire doesn't have the most punchable head. Or Cameron Smith..
  8. Xander

Nudie Run 2019

LMFAO I just watched this - too funny ha ha
  9. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Fuck that's a long walk back from ANZ lol
  10. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Poor Cirsei. She should never have tipped the Dogs and fucked up their tilt at the top 8.
  11. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

12. Xander

Nudie Run 2019

No wonder Tolman is putting his hand up to take the ball every time it's a 4th or 5th tackle in the opponent's 20m. He wants a try so he can keep his gear on.
  13. Xander

Will chambers

I can cop DCE, he used to be worse but has got better over time in my opinion. Dickheads in the NRL - top 10: 1. Will Chambers 2. Josh McGuire 3. George Burgess 4. Dylan Walker 5. Joseph Leilua 6. Cameron Smith 7. Nathan Brown 8. Matt Lodge 9. Mitchell Moses 10. Andrew Fifita Feedback welcome.
  14. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

'Walk of shame' means different things in different circles. Whatever the punishment, I deserve it for making our team lose :(
  15. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Even when getting the Bulldogs games wrong I was getting 5-7 correct each week. By the time Dogs vs Cowboys rolled along I was equal first on 121 points. Old mate tipped the Cowboys and I changed my tip last minute to the Dogs and now I'm coming second. FML
  16. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Ha ha well fuck us both then LOL
  17. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

18. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Fair charge.
  19. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

It's the very least I could do with the season officially over. I took one for the team after deliberately sabotaging their chances at winning by fucking tipping them.
  20. Xander

Will chambers

This guy is one of the biggest CUNextTuesdays in the game. No fkn thanks.
  21. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

Hindsight is wonderful. I knew I shouldn't have gambled my lead with a team that was over-performing against under-performing teams while averaging 10 points per game.
  22. Xander

Opinion What did I miss?

I watched the game too and thought we put in another big effort. The talent / x-factor isn't there unfortunately and we just struggle to put points on the board. A lot of 50/50 calls went against us and the Cowboys received soft penalties at crucial times. DWZ scored that try too. There's no...
  23. Xander

SOS for a centre!

How many tackles did Holland miss/ineffective last night? He was pretty difficult to watch.
  24. Xander

I'm sorry everyone

I must apologise to all fellow Bulldogs fans. I haven't tipped the Bulldogs for almost all of the 2019 season. I'm not disloyal, I just tip who I think will win each match each round. I was coming first in my tipping comp out of 25 until last night. It's my fault the Bulldogs lost. I...
  25. Xander

Didn't Andrew Johns call Lachlan Lewis "beautiful"

Companies target all kinds of groups to make money you brain surgeon. Why is it disgusting to try and appeal to a particular demographic?
  26. Xander

Total cock watcher. what a poof. pushing this agenda constant sexual innuendo gets a bit much ...bit of an unnecessary thread I reckon. Some blokes like blokes. I'm a straight bloke who loves the Bulldogs so a thread about the inconvenience of a footy player maybe being gay is pointless.
  27. Xander

Wow can we just talk about footy and not fall into a homophobic pile of blokes circle-jerking over a shared distaste in gay people
  28. Xander

At What Price if any would you re-sign Foran

That is an awesome idea!
  29. Xander

Kennel whipping boys....

In my short time on this forum (after a lifetime of being a maniacal Bulldogs supporter), I've had strong opinions on... Dean Pay: I still don't think he's a first grade coach, but I must say that I've changed my tune on him. There was much talk about how he would bring the 'Bulldogs DNA' to...
  30. Xander

Opinion Current Squad Ratings

Cheers man. Mmmm there are a few guys there that haven't got a rating as they aren't in the squad this week like Foran, Elliot, Okumbor, Ogden etc. Might get to em later. Elliot would be a 5/10 yeah I agree with you.
  31. Xander

I was inclined to do all these ratings as of today as for the first time in the last 2 years or so I feel a bit more positive about our club's ability to find success again.
  32. Xander

Within the squad and not compared with the NRL. It's important to note that our roster is so incredibly weak compared with most of the heavy hitters in the NRL. Some players have brilliant players around them and as a result, they are better for it. As I mentioned for Jacko, I reckon he'd be...
  33. Xander

Yep, more focusing here on the last 6 weeks for sure. As I mentioned for Napa in particular, if it was for the whole season he'd be on 2 or 3.
  34. Xander

It's been a positive 6 weeks in many ways, given the situation our club is in. Seeing as though I'm kind of procrastinating at work, here is my take on the current squad set to face the Rabbitohs this week. 2020 - 2022 will continue to be our rebuilding phase but from what I've seen lately...
  35. Xander

If Titans sign Holbrook I blame Dogs board for effing it up

I've only ever seen Cogger do one kick - bomb to RHS corner. Lethargic chase usually follows.
  36. Xander

Opinion Josh Cleeland...

"...just can't lift his game to the level required of an NRL player." As mentioned in a previous thread, " 2015 - QLD Cup Premiership winning Halfback with Ipswich Jets. 2016 - Named in NSW Cup Team of the Year while playing for Newtown Jets. 2017 - Named in NSW Cup Team of the Year while...
  37. Xander

Opinion Josh Cleeland...

I'm not sure how you can say that when he hasn't been tested in the NRL.
  38. Xander

Opinion Josh Cleeland...

As far as not figuring in the top 30, it might seem that you are right. But Canterbury officials should have given him more of an indication as to whether he'd ever play first grade. He was also pretty decorated and successful in reggies.
  39. Xander

Opinion Josh Cleeland...

Did anyone ever watch this bloke play? I thought he had heaps of potential but it seems that he was given a raw deal by the Bulldogs in 2017/2018 that almost ruined him physically and mentally. Some of the current stock are being treated in a very similar fashion and it has real life...
  40. Xander

Napa is a dud

Careful guys, the 'Napa should be dropped' thread was locked... A short time after I posted his 2018/2019 stats I might add. The mod said something along the lines of 'this thread is shit'. Or something.
  41. Xander

News Incredible untold story of Corey Harawira-Naera’s impossible journey to the NRL

<iframe width="1280" height="543" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  42. Xander

News Folkes Autopsy

Rest in Peace, Folkesy. One of the foundations of this proud club.
  43. Xander

Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

Fair enough, they're good points
  44. Xander

We finally won two games in a row - against teams who played awful - at the Origin period of the year. We've won 11 games in the past 2 years. I have observed zero evolution of anything that could even be suggested to be a game plan or style of play. I haven't seen a single player improve or...
  45. Xander

Napa should be dropped

* Defends Napa because he finally put in some effort at the halfway point of the season and only because Sue and Tolman were gone but then criticises Josh Reynolds. Reynolds was nowhere near one of the Bulldogs greatest players but I never saw him give any less than 100%. The same cannot be...
  46. Xander

Napa should be dropped

Those who want him dropped have watched him all season. I rate Ogden higher. I rate RFM higher. I rate Toomaga higher.
  47. Xander

Napa should be dropped

"David Klemmer’s reported move from the Bulldogs to the Knights is very close to being announced. It is just a matter of when and it could be the next couple of days. The reason for the delay in the Knights signing Klemmer is down to the Bulldogs’ desire to have a ready made replacement to not...
  48. Xander

Napa should be dropped

He was average, which is better than he has been all season. His stats were better than usual because he was literally forced to stay on the field to cover for injuries to Sue and Tolman. If he isn't dropped to reggies he at least needs to be a bench player. As I said, he's missed the second...
  49. Xander

Napa should be dropped

LOL still on the 'Napa isn't a strike forward' train of thought. Who is this bloke then?
  50. Xander

Napa should be dropped

Napa has missed the second most tackles out of our whole team this year and ranks 16th in the NRL for missed tackles with 48. Most missed tackles is CHN but he's sparked our attack on countless occasions this year. The same cannot be said about Napa...
  51. Xander

Napa should be dropped

No forward plays 80mins week in week out? Jackson, RFM and Tolman all manage 60-80mins. Alex Glenn, Jayden Su'a and Matt Gillett all play 60-80. Ryan James, Kevin Proctor and Jai Arrow all play 60-80. Joel Thompson and Jake Trbojovic play 70-80. Bromwich and Finucane play 60-80. Klemmer and...
  52. Xander

Last week was the worst I've ever seen the Sharks play. We didn't win with strategy, we won with luck, determination and an opposition who handed us the game. We still only won by 2. They scored more tries than us too. Last night against the Knights was better but it was a game still won on...
  53. Xander

Napa should be dropped

Again, I acknowledge that playing big minutes when two other forwards are injured is a good effort but there was literally no choice. What do you think he was going to do? Just walk off the field without being given his sub? For a long time I’ve thought that Tolman is no longer at the standard...
  54. Xander

Napa should be dropped

So I started this thread... Napa's loyalists are citing last night's stats as a reason to keep him in first grade. Fair enough. But... * He only played big minutes because Sue and Tolman were injured early. Without those minutes he doesn't pump out those stats for us. Ever. * The stats that...
  55. Xander

Napa should be dropped

Coaching is structure and observable game plan. The playing group has bonded together and I think that’s under the leadership of Jackson, Hoppa, DWZ and to an extent, Tolman. I don’t believe for a minute that any of the players dislike or disrespect Pay. But coaching is much more than just...
  56. Xander

Opinion Toomaga

Couldn’t agree more.
  57. Xander

Napa should be dropped

Gritty win by the dogs tonight. Every player gave 100% except Napa who was sloppy and useless. Dogs’ last two wins don’t appear to come off the back of good coaching, just determination. But if Napa is in the first grade side next week I’ll be pretty annoyed. The guy’s a deadset paperweight.
  58. Xander

2019's focus should be 2020

Regardless of the decisions that have been made over the past few years, we currently have a roster that cannot compete with 80% of the teams in the NRL. Jagging a lucky win over a hapless Sharks outfit or taking the Storm to the wire at the middle of their slump does not suggest that we can...
  59. Xander

There's a difference between wanting to win and playing under the pressure of having to win or at least play well enough to hold down a permanent position in FG. New players can still be blooded (3-4 FG games in 2019) and still give their absolute everything to win on the day - but without the...
  60. Xander

I agree with what you say - in the context of players getting the call-up and wearing the pressure of winning on their inexperienced shoulders. The focus - that needs to be understood among the playing group and coaching staff - is that these players are following a game plan and playing to...
  61. Xander

I felt like some of our best football was played at the end of 2018 for the simple reason that players were no longer busting a gut for the finals. This is where the 'nuisance factor' comes in - teams who won't make the finals play good enough to cause upsets because the pressure has been...
  62. Xander

As much as I agree with you, I can't see any teams beating us in the race for the spoon anyway - whether we've got our top squad on the park or 10% - 20% reggies.
  63. Xander

We have no hope of making the finals in 2019. We are most likely going to get the wooden spoon. For those two reasons alone, 2019's focus should now be on working on 2020. 1. The very large majority of the lower grade team should all be given several opportunities to play in first grade...