Search results

1. hackenbush

IRONY - Can come back & bite you in the bum.

Thinking of some of the most ironic moments of 2023 season. Just a few snippets * Swap Shaun Lane for RFM, because Lane had a bad attitude & was a lazy trainer. * Wrighton leaves raiders cause he wants to join a team capable of winning a premiership. Canberra in the top 8, South bombed out. Now...
  2. hackenbush

Justin Olam

Notice he's been out of favour with Bellamy playing with the Sunshine Coast Falcons for past few weeks. Would a great acquisition for the Dogs.
  3. hackenbush

FULLBACK HERITAGE

For years, the Dogs had a fullback production line ranging from the great to the absolute club legends. Looking at the below list is enough to make you weep into your Doggies scarf. Every year there was high expectation with our fullbacks. Quite a few Dally M medals in this list. Hard to pick a...
  4. hackenbush

Compare Sharks v Dogs.

New coach, Hynes new spine addition, added workhorses Tolman, Finicane. Currently In the top3 attacking teams in the comp. Great example of a good coach, with effective structures to suit his team. * when they are in attack zone, 80% of the time the ball goes directly Moylan or Hynes. Often they...
  5. hackenbush

Injury prone players that came good

Bulldogs recent signings of players that have had injury plagued seasons with the intent ( & risk) that these players come good. Trying to think of some good past examples. One that came to mind was Scott Prince who moved to Tigers after three injury plagued years with the Bronces. (From memory...
  6. hackenbush

Shane Flannagan's sly dig.

When analysing the run on squad, he comments that Okunbor moves onto the wing & that Kyle Flanagan moves to number 18, " I am sure he will not make any mistakes there."
  7. hackenbush

TOP 8

Now that the Dogs are on a winning streak!! And only 4 points from the top 8. ........ I dream to dream.....
  8. hackenbush

CHANGES.

Would like to make mass changes, but I know that is not possible. Let's say limited to 4 changes. ALLAN - hardly seen him in any attacking moves. FB should be an attacking weapon. Move to centre & move Hoppa out. (Give him a chance FB) Ogden, atoni, katao - back to Mounties. Wakehsm to hooker &...
  9. hackenbush

They were not Star players, but enjoyed watching them.

Thinking about some of the bulldogs players that I enjoyed watching play. They were not star players & at times struggled to hold their place in first grade. PHIL CHARLETON. Not the most mobile forward but skilful & a deadly defender. The original exponent of the shoulder charge. ( I believe the...
  10. hackenbush

Moments that typify our season

* we bust the defensive & attacking the goal line & the ball goes to Tolman. Why does Jmk pass to him, why does Tolman call for the ball, why are the halves not demanding the ball. * less than 5 minutes to go, deep in our half & need to make something happen. We take 5 harmless runs from dummy &...
  11. hackenbush

$million - marquee players

These highest paid players have a major influence on the team's performance each week, demand the ball in the hands, give 100% effort for each minute of game time. I believe the below players are over the $1 million BULLDOGS - Foran DRAGONS- hunt Titans- Taylor Brisbane - Milford. Certainly a...
  12. hackenbush

CHN & OKUNBOR

Does this mean they can be suspended for this season & be allowed to play next season!!!
  13. hackenbush

Changes needed.

Starting training to attack & put pressure on opposition defense. Attacking formation is almost no existence. No matter who his half back, it won't be effect until a change of tactics. * swap Dallen for Hoopa, he will give more options & better under the high ball. * move Smith back to the...
  14. hackenbush

Somethings never change.

Went to the game, whole hearted effort but somethings just never seem to change * Bulldogs will give their 100% & tackle their hearts out. * Attack will be simple for most of the match. Easy for opposition to contain. * our wingers have the least impact from any other team in the NRL * TOLMAN...
  15. hackenbush

What has changed with doggies style.

At the game, there was a noticeable change in tactics. Lewis was generally the first receiver, no longer a forward. ( except for charges directly from the ruck) This allowed runners like Elliott, Corey etc to take runs much wider. Opposition no longer can compress their defensive lines in the...
  16. hackenbush

How could meaney not score

There must be someone we can put there who does get bent backwards on every tackle
  17. hackenbush

Bulldogs team of current former players

This is the best team I could come up with. Backs not that strong, but the pack is just magical. Any suggested changes 1. Corey Thompson 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Tim Lafai 5. Moses Suli 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Aiden Sezer 8. James Graham 9. Damien cook 10. David klemmer 11. Martin taupau...
  18. hackenbush

Improvement.

ELLIOTT - best game this season. Long minutes, tackled well, looked to promote the ball instead of taking a settler. Surprised LICHEA- has surprised me. Much more inventive since his stint in reserves. Running much direct & making better decision from dummy half COGGER getting better each game...
  19. hackenbush

How do you know when the QLD dynasty is over?

When they need to select Moses Mbye in the centres! Provided nothing in the game.
  20. hackenbush

How to prepare this season for next.

This season is finished. We should be using the remainder of the season to Blood new players that have the potential to be good FG players. This will allow them to gain experience, whilst learning from their errors . Also they will not have added pressure of their errors costing a Top 8 finish...
  21. hackenbush

Montoya and Meaney - Why!!

Opposition coaches nightmare..FMD. Ignoring the defensive issues, what do they offer in attack? Been watching Bulldogs game for many more years then I care to remember. But seriously, I can't remember a worse pairing. Can anyone think of a worse combos.
  22. hackenbush

Bulldog Wingers / tactics when attacking close to the lime

Rooster had Hall & Tupou, charging at pace, bending the defensive line, likely beat a tackle with every touch. Then the Bulldogs had Meaney & Montoya, neither likely to make any indent when in possession, unless put into a gap. With wingers nowadays used as attacking weapons, Pay insists on...
  23. hackenbush

Montoya, Elliott, tolman, Meaney.

MONTOYA. Could not understand so much recent support for Montoya. Yes his last few performances were improvements, but he was starting from a Woeful base. 4- 5 tries resulted from poor positioning & tackling on his side. Offers nothing in attack. Can't understand why other options are explored...
  24. hackenbush

Out of favour player who have potential

My list of players that out of favour with their coach, that could still be gun players. At a good price could prove to be great value. Not vertain of the contract status. Any other suggestions. Tatau moga - was a special centre when at brisbane. Had lots of injuries & not been sighted since...
  25. hackenbush

Players who would not make first grade in any other club

In the selected current position, reckon the following WOULD not get a gig at any other NRL club. Any deletion. Bottom line need players that will test your opponents. Meaney. Crichton. Montoya. Chris Smith Cogger Elliott Marshall King. Fualalo ? Nearly half the team.