Search results

1. R

Opinion Anyone else watching Harper and thinking wtf

Ha ha - he helped get manly to top 4 last year - where did we end up?
  2. R

He had also just come back from covid with losing like 5kgs and wasn’t ready to play. He was crook as hell with covid and should have had another week off.
  3. R

Opinion Where is the Harper brigade?

Of course having a quality team around you lifts your play. Parker and Harper have been doing the job that has been asked of them - to defend. I think they have been givens bit of a hard rap - but that is the nature of the beast. People only remember a players last game. What I will say is that...
  4. R

Opinion Where is the Harper brigade?

He has an average of 82% efficiency. Yep had a bad game on Friday but other than that he has been bloody solid for Manly. People jump on players so quickly when they have a bad game and forget the good that the players have done. He didn’t get game time with us so moved and has now played over...
  5. R

I can promise you they are real. They run in his family. 100%
  6. R

The curls are natural!!!
  7. R

They don’t make the tackles for him or the tackle and line breaks. I think Harper is noted as one of the top one in one tacklers this season. He has improved for sure - always helps when you have a great team with great players around you. I think he is thriving under Des.
  8. R

Harper has had good games when Turbo hasn’t played. I think his first few games where he cemented his potential that right side worked much better. I agree that TB is the key play maker but there are still guys doing their jobs well. Hasn’t Harper been in team of the week for last two weeks and...
  9. R

Have a look at Harpers stats mate - they tell a different story. He’s having a great season
  10. R

Official Round 16 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

He has a good game again today. Does his job.
  11. R

News Morgan Harper to fast to play

Man of the match too.
  12. R

Maybe after his career. His folks, partner, kids and other family are in Aussie.
  13. R

He won't be coming home. His family has moved over.
  14. R

Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

He will - it's been his dream since he could hold a ball :).
  15. R

I get what your saying. I truly believe he will make the most of the opportunity. He did struggle and that's why his parents moved over to help. Not easy when you have twins at 17. He got pretty disheartened with the fact Dean wouldn't give him a chance. What I will say is though he is more...
  16. R

Fair call - but fark give credit when credit is due.
  17. R

Yep - there's that complacency again. NOT. How many meters this far?
  18. R

Actually his whanau are his biggest critics. Your welcome
  19. R

Since he was about 4 years old
  20. R

He has had two manly and no complacency so far. Just saying
  21. R

Harper

100% agree the club should have kept him - but he was being overlooked. He had a good pre-season and played well in the nines but Pay didnt utilise him instead played guys out of position. This change for Harper may well be the true making of him
  22. R

Harper

Yeah but didn't Hasler play a part of getting him over there. Remember the club picked him up while still at school in NZ
  23. R

Harper

Proud moment for me that's for sure. Be interesting next week with Manly vs Bulldogs
  24. R

Harper

Well for starters he's ampt for training.
  25. R

Harper

He's loving the traing at Manly. And getting fitter by the day
  26. R

Harper

Harper hasn't played all season and scores two tries. So close to a hat trick too
  27. R

Harper

That may be true but a lot of players make a start by someone else's misfortune. He couldn't get a looking at the Bulldogs with Smith getting game time ahead of him. I think it's great he gets a chance with Manly as it gets him out there, he gets seen and puts his hand up for the starting line...
  28. R

Harper

What a crock of shit.
  29. R

Harper

First game back after how long being shafted by the coaching at the Bulldogs. Brilliant first game - will only get better with match fitness gained.
  30. R

Harper

Two tries for Harper
  31. R

Harper

That's not quite right but he wasn't given a chance at the Bulldogs. It was a good move for him.
  32. R

Harper

Should have kept him
  33. R

Official Harper released to Manly immediately

No regrets - he's bloody excited and happy to get away from the shambles at Bulldigs.
  34. R

It had been on the cards for ages. Bulldogs wouldn't release him.
  35. R

No chance they would have played him
  36. R

We will just have to wait and see won't we. Hi ho, hi ho it's off to Manly I go. Good luck to the Bulldogs though.
  37. R

Nah mate pretty sure that had nothing to do with it :).
  38. R

YESSSSS have been waiting on this annoucment for so so long. Good on him. He has been mucked around by from the start of the season. It's been a long time coming and the club should have released him when first asked ages ago. Off to Manly we go. Good luck
  39. R

No Source June 30

Well maybe I've missed an announcement? Can you confirm? Cheers. Didn't the rumour say Harper wanted immediate release but the club said No?
  40. R

No Source June 30

So Pay wanted him to leave??? Where do you get this dribble from??? I guess the truth will all come out in the wash sooner rather than later!!!
  41. R

No Source June 30

That's a load of shit
  42. R

Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Harper fires blanks on attack - gotta disagree with you on that one. Hes not been given the chance this season at all but the likes of Smith gets chance after chance. He played well in the trials. He deserves a shot but Pay ain't going to give it to him. Good on him for moving to Manly...
  43. R

Reimis Smith

I dont like putting players down but this guy is one of the reasons one of my favourites is supposedly leaving. Well not directly smith but basically. Hes not trying cos he knows hes one of Pays mainstays. Averillo on the other hand - hes got some hops. I thought he needed more time but he...
  44. R

Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

Nah drop him and make him hungry to get on the field rather than him know he is going to get on week in / week out.
  45. R

Morgan Harper

As i said he will need to prove himself. Des knows him and what he is capable of. The ball is in Harpers court and I have faith in him. You ask the question around two better centres. I ask you- how can pay put Smith in at Centre when he has not proved himself. Harper should have been...
  46. R

Morgan Harper

I dont think so but he will have to prove himself. At least if he does prove himself he will get game time as Pay never really gave him the opportunity. Des know Harper - didnt he bring him over when he was 15. Just saying.
  47. R

Morgan Harper

Well you won't have to bother with him after this season. That's til he plays against the dogs next year and kicks arse. Just saying.
  48. R

Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Then they should have released him so he could get on with his career rather than cock block the kid.
  49. R

Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

I'll repeat myself - cos Pay is a TWAT. They should have let Harper go when he asked to be released immediately. What a crock of shit.
  50. R

Cos Pay is a TWAT. No wonder Harper is heading to Manly.
  51. R

Well my mum would actually be one that knows.....
  52. R

News Smith to miss Roosters match

You would think so. Be interesting if Pay actually plays him though. He deserves the chance at least
  53. R

I hope so. I wont hold my breath for Pay to name him though.
  54. R

Morgan Harper to manly

I guess we will have to wait til he moves and see what next season brings. I reckon he has done the right thing - Pay wasnt giving him the shot he deserves. Shit Pay wouldnt even name him in the extended line up. If Manly wanted him straight away they must have something in store for him. I...
  55. R

Morgan Harper to manly

I'm a fan of Harper and have watched his progress from a young age. He has a good head on his shoulders - I'm sure he will get game time. Good luck to him. If anything he will want to nail the position so the club regret him leaving IMO
  56. R

Morgan Harper to manly

You would think tho if there was an issue with Harpers attitude he would have been released when asked. Good on Harper - I look forward to seeing him get game time
  57. R

Morgan Harper out, Bryson Goodwin in

I guess we will see wont we. I'm sure Manly have something planned for him.
  58. R

Morgan Harper out, Bryson Goodwin in

Well I say good on Harper and if he signed before Covid the deal must have been in the pipeline for a while. Guess it explains not being named at all this season. Think its piss poor that the club wouldnt release him immediately tho as they clearly arent going to give him game time.
  59. R

Opinion It's not Pays fault

Pay has his favourites and seems to be letting some of the players dictate where they want to play - to the detriment of the team. Piss poor in my opinion!!
  60. R

Opinion Remis Smith @ center

Yet Pay will put him there every week.
  61. R

Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Yeah he did and he played bloody well. I just think it was a shame it didnt come earlier. Just my opinion. Would be a bloody shame to lose him.
  62. R

Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

I dont believe Pay will put Harper in. Should he - most definitely. Shit I reckon he should have been in FG last year. YEP he is off contract at end of season and if I was him I'd be gone in a heartbeat if it meant I got to play FG. He deserves to he in FG for sure.
  63. R

Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Well that's a late night here in nz. Should have just recorded the game after that. Few changes to be made I think BUT they won't be.
  64. R

News Eels v Bulldogs: Round 1 preview (NRL.COM)

Averillo named in cup side? Good on him if he gets a shot in round 1 FG though.
  65. R

Opinion The R Smith Centre move/experiment

End of the day. These boys get damned no matter what they do. Harper was talked about like Averillo is last year. Harper must have 'some flair' or the goods to be named as the centre of the nsw cup last year. Okunbor does some bloody great work but gets hammered when something goes wrong...
  66. R

Il have to disagree with you on that :). I said flashy not flare. He gets penalties, one on one strips and can run the ball.
  67. R

Harper may not be all 'flashy' but he gets the work done. I think he flies under the radar a little because of this but his stats are good. He's strong in both defense and attack and is deceivingly quick.
  68. R

News Canterbury Bulldogs 2020 NRL preview: Team list, burning questions

There has got to be other clubs knocking on the doors of these guys. Especially the young ones showing so much talent. Personally if I was a player and offered a permanent gig in FG I'd look very serious at it.
  69. R

News Canterbury Bulldogs 2020 NRL preview: Team list, burning questions

Off-contract 2020: Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham There's a few coming off. Who is going to stay? Who do we want to stay?? Who is going to leave? If I...
  70. R

News Canterbury could hand teen winger Jake Averillo a surprise debut for NRL round one

Let's see what happens Round 1. I dont think Averillo or Harper will get a start unless there are injuries. They were 21 and 23 for the Raiders trial afterall. 100% agree Harper deserves a shot round 1 but think that spot is Remis's. Both these young boys have talent. Harper has come...
  71. R

News Reimis wants a home at left centre

By no means would I ever say he is a failure or that he is going to fail. He has skills - 100%. I try to make a point of not bagging on anyone as all the boys are in the team for a reason - because they work hard and they deserve it.
  72. R

News Reimis wants a home at left centre

I'm not the biggest fan of him going to centre to be honest. I think he should be on the wing. Averillo looked flashy in the trials but think he needs time to bulk up a bit more before being cemented into FG. No surprises that I'm a fan of Harpers. He is a workhorse and gets the job done and...
  73. R

Harper definately is a workhorse. Dont see Pay moving Remis from centre though unfortunately. I'd like to see Harper at Centre with Remis back at wing. Just my opinion though
  74. R

News Pushy parents and a wife who wouldn’t let him quit: The making of Morgan Harper

Agree he had a part in them getting the try. He also got penalties, stripped the ball and tackled well. They all have a lot to learn. I'm excited to see what the team brings this year. A good bunch of talent I reckon :)
  75. R

Opinion Jake Averillo

Yeah I did. Didnt think it warranted a new comment. As for you thinking I'm Morgan - firstly I'm female and secondly I'm sure all the boys have better things to do than read all these posts. At least I hope so cos man there is a lot of putting of players down. Oh and by the way I am also a...
  76. R

Opinion Jake Averillo

Mate - your dreaming
  77. R

News Pushy parents and a wife who wouldn’t let him quit: The making of Morgan Harper

Most thought he had a great debut. How about that trial though - reckon he played awesome on both attack and defence. Surely he be will starting in FG this.
  78. R

Opinion Jake Averillo

Mate - your dreaming
  79. R

No chance he will come home and play for the Warriors. No chance
  80. R

Official 9’s Game Thread

Common boys. Lift your defence and score some points