1. N

News Team Tips Vs Broncos

That’s it. Throw good money after bad lol
  2. N

Lose lose situation

Wanna a bet?
  3. N

News Reynolds In Flano Out,team changes

Me too! But I would like to see KO as interchange and come on after about 15 minutes, great way to blood him.
  4. N

Opinion Potter did more with less

Ok Nostradamus pull your head in, stop the drugs and alcohol and leave that tiny thing alone. Your not with the players as often as the coaches and Gus. We have a very good squad when available and will get even better next year. Yes we have weaknesses in certain positions but we have several...
  5. N

Opinion My hands up, I admit I was wrong, bring him on …

That’s what I’m thinking, have him as interchange with Reynolds he could play the last 20 minutes of each half. He could well be devastating.
  6. N

How long has everyone been a bulldogs fan for

You have me beat 1963! Congrats on beating the alcoholism, hard work that.
  7. N

Bulldogs Tough Nuts

Merv Hicks and Kevin Ryan
  8. N

Rumour New Coach Update Bulldogs

My preference: Woolf then potter but who knows lol
  9. N

Opinion Fittler as coach?

So, how do you really feel? Lol
  10. N

Opinion Burton a flop?

Not yet. Sit back and relax it’s coming. Soon they will put it together and that will be the turn around. The sin binning of JMK screwed us today but we should be able to get past that. This year more wins, next year look the fuck out and I don’t give a shit who the coach is.
  11. N

Opinion Burton a flop?

With threads like this who could blame him?
  12. N

If Baz goes 1 and 7?

That is a very good question. Your right 4 out of 4 is not a good look. You are right again with the 9 but there has been much more I.e. the failure of our forwards to go forward has been a major problem for some time as well and maybe that hampers our 9 as well also the confidence level of all...
  13. N

News Brandon Wakeham passes first test as Bulldogs half

Yep TBaz has done exactly the right thing. He put Flanno back to Reggie’s for him to gain some confidence and it is working a treat. Good move Trent. Not sure he is ready for first grade yet, maybe one or two more strong games and he is ripe.
  14. N

How to fix our Attack?

Amazing, I don’t think there is one player or coach that the kennel hasn’t turned on.
  15. N

How to fix our Attack?

I love a well constructed, intelligent and thought out post!
  16. N

Opinion What Trent needs to do ASAP

Thankfully some sense and calm. We were unlucky last week and had terrible conditions to play in this week. Defence was excellent and no real opportunity to attack. This team will only get better. It’s coming just give it time and try being positive instead of all the negativity. We all think we...
  17. N

Opinion Trent Barrett’s fault we Lost

Jesus you guys are unreal sometimes, I agree Okenf&ckingbour was bad but that was the best game we have played for years, real signs of improvement, the future looks bright, but you insist on giving it to Barrett. He is doing well in this regard. Let’s stick with the positives and hope that...
  18. N

Opinion Your preferred playmaker

I thought he went quiet after his disallowed try
  19. N

Which player will you be death riding this season?

Man I’d like a battered sav, think you could send one to Canada lol
  20. N

Which player will you be death riding this season?

When he ran out I took one look at him and thought, fk he is as nervous as shit and he played like he was, it just got worse from the first fk up. Maybe he is carrying too much pressure remember his age. He needs some confidence not death riding, maybe Reggies
  21. N

News Kyle Flanagan reveals his plan to regain starting role in the halves for Bulldogs

Agreed, and I see his as a bit of a mentor for TB
  22. N

Club still looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of season

It will all depend on performances this year. No way of telling at this stage
  23. N

News A Dog’s Breakfast To Whole New Pedigree

Unlike a lot on here, I have a little faith in our coaching staff, I am prepared to see what happens this year before I doom and gloom. Your right dufty signed a 1 year contract for maybe not much, that to me is a smart move. Let’s be a bit more positive and see what happens hopefully then we...
  24. N

Why the Bulldogs?

Many thanks to you all for your great posts it has stirred memories long since forgotten and can’t tell you how much this means to me.
  25. N

Why the Bulldogs?

Sorry for the digression
  26. N

Why the Bulldogs?

First game was earlier but the first I remember is the 1965 grand final when that freakish crowd of 78,000+ what a day. My sister was feeling faint and a guy very close gave her his sock full of ice lol. Did the job. They were passing women who had fainted over their heads and over the fence to...
  27. N

Why the Bulldogs?

A couple of guys named Les Johns, Johnny Greaves and Johnny Rhodes. Anyone playing today with the name John? Lol
  28. N

News Board returned unopposed

It’s about leadership
  29. N

Bold predictions

Glad to see your upbeat about 2022!
  30. N

News Asiata gone ?

Halifax in Nova Scotia
  31. N

News Asiata gone ?

Ellie, you can work out which one you are, maybe
  32. N

News Asiata gone ?

I’m triple vaxxed but still likely to die from COVID I had a kidney transplant 6 months ago and on immune suppressants as are many cancer patients. If you are overweight you are more likely to have problems and if your elderly you are more likely to have problems so yes selfish fucks sounds...
  33. N

News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

Ahhh it’s nice to have choices
  34. N

News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

I believe Cotric will be a very damaging centre or winger, perhaps more suited to centre these days with much better forwards and decent pair of halves. I certainly don’t want to see him go
  35. N

Official Gus on Twitter

That seems to be the case lol
  36. N

Official Lachlan Lewis sacked

Maybe that’s the plan with the ref decisions and keeping these dumb players on the books. They are beating us into submission. And the true agenda raises its ugly head
  37. N

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Yes it is! We have known for some time where we are. Major changes have been made and giant steps in the right direction, the club has been turned on it’s ear by bad management in all areas most notably the salary cap. We have new personnel everywhere it takes time to gel. Patience my friend we...
  38. N

And will need time next year as well
  39. N

What a wank of a thread. The team always did and still needs time. To expect anything else is foolhardy
  40. N

News Bulldogs face ‘big’ call on star recruit — but 86-year low proves problem goes much deeper

I’d like to see Flanagan play out the year in reggies that would give him the chance to hone his skills without the pressure of NRL. I’m believing, at this stage the year is awash so use it to prepare for the next. I Truely believe there are a number of players that would benefit from a rotation...
  41. N

How good is Luke Thompson

I used to love watching the French play, they were super tough. I remember a story at the time, unconfirmed, the aussies and French were drinking at a pub, after a test match, the French forwards were running into a brick wall, headfirst and only one Australian would try it, Rex Mossop, kinda...
  42. N

Remember the tale of the ugly duckling

Take heart dog fans! There have been signs of improvement from some players just need a few more to follow suit. DWZ is on fire, avo is showing some good signs, Thomson is well Thomson and I thought there were some good signs from Hetho before the send off. Am I missing anyone else that showed...
  43. N

Opinion Depth in attack

Said this before but until some confidence can be instilled in this team, expect more of the same. We know all of these players can do better and in fact we have seen them do better but for some reason their confidence is shit level, not sure what the answer is but maybe we are one win away from...
  44. N

Opinion Why Does Canada Hate Us

We are bulldogs and we will endure! Btw I live in Canada and I am a bulldog through and through no hate here but I guess I don’t do the draw, thankfully. Maybe they realize how tough we are!
  45. N

Great little video of adam elliots brother

Great video mate. Elliott has done a lot community wise and he tries his heart out on the field. Made a couple of mistakes sure, but haven’t we all. On top of this he is a bulldog and you guys want to bag out on him. Tell me you haven’t made mistakes especially on the drink and I will call you...
  46. N

Surprising stat about Lachlan Lewis

Good luck Lewis I wish you all the best. For better or worse, you are a Bulldog!
  47. N

Opinion Dip shit flanno worse then Lewis.

Well, here we go, I’ll cop it for this but I seems to me that the entire team,for some reason, is suffering from extreme lack of confidence. Flanno was the perfect example vs the broncs, I told my wife yesterday that a perfect weekend for me is the dogs winning and the broncs getting beat, she...
  48. N

Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

I remember Him and his centre partner, Johnny Rhodes. I can still experience the feeling of awe I got watching them play. Wonderful stuff. Many great players during that era. I forgot he was a policeman and that they all had full time jobs, those were the days.
  49. N

The Bulldogs best ever forward?

Far enough to include Merv Hicks and Kevin Ryan
  50. N

NRL Predicted Team - Bulldogs

We weren’t that far off last year. If some of those close games went the other way things may have been a little different. I expect a lot of improvement with the new coaching staff. I think the dogs are specials for the eight. I will be visiting the tab with a fist full. Cant wait for it to start
  51. N

Official Members Only Open Training Session

Wow that’s a tough cookie. Well rid of her.
  52. N

Dwz going out of his way , good read

Nostradamus here. I predict a great year for DWZ in 2021 under Baz and crew. Better players around him. I wish him the best
  53. N

Opinion on thompson

And where do you think Nova Scotia is? Lol
  54. N

Opinion Hypothetically Burton is our last signing for 2021 - pick your 17

I like this. Further I would swap Avo and Meaney around during the game. That would be interesting for the opposition defences
  55. N

Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

There is no doubt. Top eight for sure
  56. N

James Graham confirms retirement at seasons end

Great player and a great man. Thank you James I wish you all the best
  57. N

How good is Cotric

They can have both of mine. On dialysis anyway
  58. N

REVEALED: BARRETT’S BULLDOGS COACHING DREAM TEAM

On this point, it is interesting that Harper pulled us apart in the Manly game, didnt show much playing for us! A change of coach might make a difference?
  59. N

Opinion Creating a balanced squad

I agree with you with one exception. I would somehow interchange Lewis with wakeham to give them both a chance after the preseason. I believe both players will perform better under Barrett. Maybe Waltham for JMK. But I also believe there will be other signings
  60. N

Kerrod Holland to quit NRL

Never taught respect?
  61. N

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Bulldogs contact David Furner to join Trent Barrett’s coaching staff

Thanks. Was head coach at.canberra and assistant at south Sydney. Also coached Leeds rhinos as well. Good pedigree. Hopefully would be an excellent signing. I was honk he was a hard nosed forward too which would compliment Barrett you would think. Thanks for the info don’t have Facebook myself
  62. N

Opinion Has Thompson been a flop or does he need better halves to work with?

I’m not sure we have seen the best of any of the roster. I will reserve judgement until we get an experienced coach with quality people around him who can create unity and an attacking structure that we can be proud of. Then and only then will know who is who in the zoo.
  63. N

News Canterbury must decide, right now if Dean Pay is the coach of the future

Am I missing something here? We have a very well credentialed coach with (from memory) 2 premierships and a very successful international career in our ranks. Would it be a good idea for Chris Anderson to take the helm until we can recruit a coach of the required stature?
  64. N

Opinion FANS CALLS FOR POSITIONAL CHANGES TO ROSTER HAVE BEEN VINDICATED

Holland will be in the centres next week when smith gets a week for the knee (dickhead) so that leaves a spot for katoa on the bench.
  65. N

Opinion Current situation regarding the future of Luke Thompson

Yep I agree with some of what you say but remember the Great Depression when sport in particular cricket was considered a saviour and people flocked to games. Rugby league will have a head start on any other sport and could flourish
  66. N

News Canterbury Bulldogs send coaching staff home without pay, other NRL clubs expected to follow

Wouldn’t it be nice if this all resulted in a return to to amateur rugby league where there was honest skills, no robotics and big crowds cheering them on and one club players. What a dream. This is so weird it may happen.
  67. N

News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Ok, let’s settle down. There are a few scenarios here. It seems we don’t know the circumstances surrounding this indiscretion and yes that’s what it is. They have undoubtedly done the wrong thing. But who approached who and where is important and we don’t know this yet, there seems to be...
  68. N

POLL on if Dogs should have made an official offer to Mitchell

Gun shy after Foran. I ear the same situation could arise. Both great players both have had or have issues. I would be scared shitless
  69. N

News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

Well said. This guy is a bulldog and should be treated as such by both the club and the fans. None of this is his fault. Once a bulldog always a bulldog. Thanks for what you’ve done for us. I hope you make it back for the finals and kill it. It would be nice to see you lifting the trophy.
  70. N

Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

No way. Two years max. 10 years is craziness
  71. N

Opinion Bench Fozz?

Perhaps we could protect Fozz and have him create some carnage at the same time. If we benched him and used him for the second 20 minutes of each half when the opposition are getting a little tired. I know this would take a forward from the bench but wouldn’t it be interesting and we would have...
  72. N

Official Bulldogs release Rhyse Martin to Super League

Lansvale here (or at least was) and have supported the dogs for 50 years. You have brought back some memories like Johnny greaves, Johnny Rhodes Merv Hicks and Kevin Ryan to name a few. There was a goal kicking second rower but his name escapes me. My all time favourite was without a doubt Les...
  73. N

Drop Okunbor and Lewis absolutely rubbish.

Yep. You are spot on. It was always going to be a struggle this year. Inconsistency will most always be a problem with youth and inexperience. Last week was a brilliant effort under tough conditions I.e. Napa and Foran and no cookies. This week was going to be hard. I think those first 4...
  74. N

Opinion Meaney, Cogger and Okunbor

Heard smith still having nightmares about him runny no at him. Love it lol,
  75. N

News Dogs firm for spoon, but Foran wouldn't trade a single player

Nicely said. I believe in our team and I am prepared to get behind them 100%. I also believe our biggest problem is match fitness. Even if we don’t win this weekend I still believe there is lots of room for improvement as we gain that match fitness. That was Foran’s first game in how long. If he...
  76. N

Opinion Paper thin defense

We need someone who can kick tactically. Some forwards who lay a bit of a platform so they have a bit of time to kick. I still believe is is all there but unfortunately not the belief or the commitment, yet! We also need to get our combinations right. Nowhere to go but up after Saturday’s effort.
  77. N

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

If your coming to Canada you need to sign up for watch NRL. What a rip $180. Tried to watch a super league game today not allowed. Service is good otherwise and it is the only choice. Come on you doggies. Not expecting miracles just a very good effort
  78. N

Rhys Martin might start the season in reserve grade

Yep I think your right. IF, he is indeed left out, then he needs to tear up the ISP and force his way back in. He is a good player, shows great promise, but he needs to play for an early contract extension. There is a lot of competition for these spots.
  79. N

News Praise for Napa after eye-catching cameo against Raiders

Yep I agree. But they looked really good for their first trial. Barring injuries I think they will only go ahead from here. With more game time together they should only improve and a top eight finish is definitely possible. I noticed the headline “the entertainers are back” and I don’t think we...