Search results

1. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Hutch was bought in part for his experience and I'm sure around training he is probably great. However, i think it's time for a change, not because he is soooo slow but because he takes so many poor options and can't manage a game when most needed ( should have won last night and v Souffs)Loved...
  2. S

Souffs to appoint big Mal as coach

Why on earth would Mal want to do it
  3. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

The Coach doesn't seem to like to change to much, and we did just win so SC to fullback , Kiraz takes his spot and JAC/Wilson the wingers i would guess. Think it's only a matter of time before Joash gets a run which I'm looking forward to, kid seems to have the confidence to handle it .
  4. S

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Imagine what this roster would be doing with supercoach Wayne in charge
  5. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Was watching the game, at 26-0 the weather knocked the satellite feed out, ended up a top night not having to watch the second half by all reports
  6. S

News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

Part of the issue we have is all our spine players are average, even Tigers ( api ) and Drags ( Hunt ) have class to bring others into the game. Bringing Sexton in i dont see making any real difference. I wish Mahoney would stop crabbing and just either run or pass directly, when he does this we...
  7. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Hughes goes from small minutes off the bench to starting, strange
  8. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

We had enough ball in good areas in the second half and all we produced was 1 out stuff. We have no playmakers .
  9. S

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

That was embarrassing today, enough chances to have won and won easily
  10. S

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Our defence is vastly improved on last year, if bunny continues to fumble their way through 80 minutes as they have been this year i think we will be fine
  11. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

We hit the scoreboard , kept a clean sheet, great for the confidence of the team heading into the filth on Friday
  12. S

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Normally pretty upbeat heading into games, and i am but if we cant beat the Tits at Belmore im going to struggle to be positive going forward
  13. S

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Paying up to say 700 for him is not overs given our needs and the higher cap ( Napa on 600 was criminal ) so i can only assume there are other reasons if we are not interested.
  14. S

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Chammas also said the Roosters offer was 2 years at up toward 500k, i would be shocked if in this market there are not longer and better offers for him, will see i guess
  15. S

Opinion Francis Molo ?

I guess if Tino can con 1.3m for 10 years , anything is possible
  16. S

Opinion Francis Molo ?

Has there ever been a better time to be a middle forward and off contract
  17. S

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

100 more tackles in a half, must be close to a record
  18. S

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

if we show some resolve in defense and use a good kicking game to turn the big para forwards around and take some sting out of them i think we can do well
  19. S

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Has Kiraz done anything pre season, thought he has been recovering for most of it ?
  20. S

News Eels v Bulldogs: Sivo suspended; Star recruits ready to go

Always plenty of upsets early in the season, we will win this one
  21. S

Your Round 1 Team?

Is Poasa on a Development contract and if so does that mean is not eligible for selection ?
  22. S

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

Sutton is only signed till 25 so King will only be taking that 500-600 going forward i would guess. At that money we cannot afford to not keep him.
  23. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

For me our line speed and aggression played a part in the lack of attack from the sharks. With the errors they would have put a score on us last year. 1,7,and 9 need some work
  24. S

Your Round 1 Team?

Hutch doesn't need to be a dynamic half with the strike we now have out wide.I like the control he displays, can kick and defend so happy to see him get first crack.
  25. S

News Toby Sexton aiming to lock down halves spot

Great to have some options at 7. Thought Hutch did a great job digging in and allowing space for his outside men, kicking was better than Burton i thought as well. The game opened up more when Sexton was on but again he did a great job. If Burton struggles it could be a Sexton/ Hutch in the halves.
  26. S

What do we think of the big Luch

If Schuster could get 800 i guess anything possible with the right team
  27. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Defence seemed much more aggressive and organised, lets see if it continues when we play more 1st graders.
  28. S

News Player who walked out

Probably been said before but there should just be a thread to argue ( the same pretty boring ) topics for those that are inclined. Be great for everyone else.
  29. S

What do we think of the big Luch

Cowboys must be cheering, he is on pretty decent money, and they have the younger better edge forwards to try and keep. Probably can't believe their luck with the Dragons coming to the party.
  30. S

NRL $200m USA TV Rights

For me it won't have much to do with them embracing the game and all to do with if they like betting on it. If it's the latter, then assume the NRL will be able to extract much more in future.
  31. S

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Thought i saw his manager was looking for 500k/season , we go 1.6m for 3 years i assume and nothing. I can only assume the Roosters have told him to sit tight and they will "sort something out "
  32. S

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

Like your contribution on the site mate but can the Dog go ! Its like a K9 version of a strobe light
  33. S

Official RFM granted immediate release

Assume we came to some sort of settlement so not sure how much we gain cap wise, that said it was pretty clear it was going to end this way
  34. S

Let's Trot with Burton

Hope he aims up and has a great year for us, i can't help but think how on earth did someone see a Captain here, not bagging the kid, just don't see anything about him in that role.
  35. S

new nrl rule change for this season

what is the fascination with changing the rules every offseason, just leave it alone for a period
  36. S

News NRL 2024: Strengths and weaknesses of Canterbury Bulldogs’ forward pack

Whats the latest with RFM does anyone know ? if Patolo and Sutton are out long term we really need him to pull his finger out and play
  37. S

2024 Bulldogs Finals Bound!?

I could see Warriors, Knights and Raiders missing the 8, Sharks not sure but wouldn't be surprised. Souffs just have to good a squad ( like easts ) to miss. eels /cows /eagles should be in the mix. If we can get a better run with injury and and a bit of starch in our defence there should be a...
  38. S

Opinion Pre Season Training

Anyone able to post the CC interview in the DT ?
  39. S

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Didn't listen to it but if its roosters or Penrith , good luck .If he was important roosters would have already extended him and if its Penrith then it won't be a big contract
  40. S

Where will we finish.

7 wins last year in a horror season, for me if we can't get to 10 it will be a fail. Raiders and 1 other to fall, hard to see Souths/para/manly/cows not fighting it out for finals spots.
  41. S

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

would like to see what Patolo can do with a run free of injury. To me we are very short in the middle, over a long season we will be sorely tested
  42. S

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Maybe same with JT now deardon has extended on what must be good coin
  43. S

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Strange one for us, the only middle i can see signed beyond next season is Sutton. Im really hoping May is still a chance and with Tigers spending up maybe Klemmer.
  44. S

SMH Luai

Tigers just love the big $ splurge, until the rest of the club gets sorted out it won't amount to much yet again IMO
  45. S

SMH Luai

Thought he would stay at the riff or take the big $ from the tigers, if we have dropped off AFB maybe things have changed
  46. S

SMH Luai

Would have liked to have got him, he would have been a good fit for us.
  47. S

Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

Easy for his manager when you consider Manly where stupid enough to to give Schuster 800, and 8 years is crazy
  48. S

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

Bishop on SEN this morning saying again he will not be available till round 5-6 , its a bad ankle injury she is reporting
  49. S

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Don't the warriors have Capewell going there for 24' anyway
  50. S

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

For mine any mention of other interest is purely about getting the Tigers to part with max $
  51. S

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

Agree, don't see us having a real interest in him given the $ he is chasing. Think AFB is the one they will go hard at
  52. S

Fox Sports Klemmer

Roosters seemed to have locked up a lot of players recently yet nothing for May yet, they probably somehow keep him but hope we are in the mix
  53. S

Official Gus on Twitter

Gus has stated many times this year that he thinks the Panthers can win 5 or 6 with the current cattle , not sure why this last tip is a shock to anyone
  54. S

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

Chooks have bought and extended a lot of players, given May would currently be on a relatively small deal it seems more probable he will leave, be a great get and not be over the top money for us.
  55. S

Rumour AFB & JT

I hope we are having a dip at May, would be better value ( than JT) with more upside. Assume we throw our hat in the ring for AFB with the other Sydney clubs
  56. S

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Manly moved Keppie and are looking to move Aloiai, wouldnt be surprised if this is the reason
  57. S

Official Gus on Twitter

While i know Zero Tackle is not gospel, they have our 2024 squad at 30 already, maybe we are still trying to offload a few ( topine /RFM) before confirming anyone new.
  58. S

News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

Only the Tigers would tell a player they are not wanted to turn around and extend him
  59. S

News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

Don't mind this, seems like the depth signings are done in public with CC , Gus does the big fish out of sight which i also like
  60. S

SMH Alex Twal

If tigers chip in I don't mind this, hard worker who can do a much better job in the middle than what was offered up by the expensive duds we had to endure this year.
  61. S

Alamoti to the Panthers

Strange that the best team in the comp see enough to sign him up
  62. S

News Bulldogs Presentation Night 2023

Great effort by Preston, hope all the senior players take note and lift next year
  63. S

News EXCLUSIVE: Paul Gallen says 'give me a break' after Bulldogs coach called out for training methods

That up to 8 "players" are prepared to walk to me is great news, looking forward to a much better squad in 24
  64. S

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

Let the clean out begin , 3 tries to Foran were beyond embarrassing. Pretty much any other side would have flogged the titans today
  65. S

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Yeh was listening, nice one Jimmy, didn't miss the sook
  66. S

How will our beloved club fare in 2024.

After last week's effort I was thinking spoon in 24 as the Tigers and Drags will improve. With everything that has come to light in the media recently it seems pretty clear there will be more change over the off season. Hoping we can make some upgrades over the summer, good preseason and be in...
  67. S

Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Luke Thompson to Roosters

All i take from this is he has been told he is not in our plans
  68. S

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Happy for training to be more in line with what the top clubs are doing, seems like it has been a shock to the system for many of our players. If you are not up to it there is park football , just not going to get the $. Pretty sure i saw somewhere Penrith over the last few seasons have had one...
  69. S

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Next year we will be battling to not get the spoon, so disappointed with where we are with little hope for any success in sight
  70. S

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

I would prefer we forfeit next week, I know i will watch otherwise
  71. S

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Raiders were poor, we continue to do breathtakingly stupid things, nearly over though
  72. S

Tpj to retire from nrl

TPJ just looks like he doesn't really like playing the game but has always had talent and someone willing to pay. Great having more to spend next year but with the NRL rules requiring you spend 95% of your cap it becomes a problem for teams down the bottom with no quality on offer.
  73. S

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Our defense across the park is putrid, Skelton at least adds some good strong carries and can score from nothing, i would much prefer him in the side
  74. S

No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Titans door must be closed now with $ they have just dumped into Tino and Fafita
  75. S

Gus on 100% Footy

Top talent like Haas , Tino, Fafita, Manu are choosing to stay because they are getting the money, no need to go to a struggling club , thats how tough the market seems to be at the moment
  76. S

No Source Alamoti

I hope we keep him on a minimal contract. Needs more time to develop before he is another one thrown out.
  77. S

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Those first 2 tries are embarrassing at any level of the game . We are clearly the worst team in the comp this year.
  78. S

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

That's pretty much the best 17 we could put out there , looking forward to a good showing this arvo
  79. S

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Same, would love to see a win and some decent footy. Phins coming off the bye, in Qld , with our horrible defence = another tough day
  80. S

News Bulldogs poach a weak gutted dog amid club’s signing spree

Agree, we have very average players on more money in that space, this is nothing to fret over
  81. S

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Every time a team, any team, gets inside our 20m zone they score. Untill this changes I don't see us winning.
  82. S

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

Got home , saw the score . Not read anything about the game but is there any danger we can stop leaking 30/40/50 every game , it's just ridiculous for " professionals " .
  83. S

Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

It's not long ago we were signing up park footballers for the sort of money mentioned for this kid. He would be an upgrade for the money if it were to happen.
  84. S

News SBW used in Bulldogs plan to lure Payne Haas

Brisbane is only a chance of winning the competition now due to recruitment in other areas. Haas is a great player in his position, but for the money he would command i don't see it being what we need.
  85. S

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

I agree, not much available and for the right price and length would be happy to keep him
  86. S

2023 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Could understand the Best selection if he had been in the mix. To pick purely after scoring a few against our witches' hats yesterday is laughable.
  87. S

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Round 19 , that means it's nearly all over , pretty happy about that
  88. S

Mahoney In Presser

That press conference is a big red flag, both coach and captain handled it poorly. I didn't expect CC to throw the players under the bus but to try and tell us they tried and the effort was better than the Sharks debacle is ridiculous
  89. S

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Watching manly v rooster , hate both but just want to watch an actual game to get the stench of ours off
  90. S

Never seen a worse performance, they should be forced to donate this week's pay, not even having a go, embarrassing
  91. S

Knights couldn't go close against a reserve grade panther, we are making them look like a top 4 side
  92. S

Official Gus on Twitter

Just seems strange. Player retires so contract for 2023 doesn't exist anymore, enters a new contract as a staff member. Club is left a player short but not the balance of money to sign a replacement. Thats how it seems to me, but I'm obviously wrong.
  93. S

Official Gus on Twitter

Hi mate, i don't pretend to know how the cap works with regard to how the NRL determine the Jackson retirement. Why are we forced to carry the salary in the cap ?
  94. S

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

Hope not, another young half is not what we need
  95. S

Rumour Haze Perham to Manly

Extending Schuster at 800k is not good business.
  96. S

Official Gus on Twitter

Agree, watched a bit last night. Footwork at the line is ridiculous, and has the skills of a 7 in attack, impressive for a big man
  97. S

Official Gus on Twitter

I know the need for an experienced 7 , but given the lack of any available I'm happy to see BBO with a proper offseason get a go in the top grade. Think if we can somehow get some decent midddles ( not even stars ) that can do a job we will be better off than throwing overs trying to attract a 7
  98. S

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

Paying Crichton 700 versus the Phins paying Avo 600, to me that's a win win
  99. S

Social Media Matt Lodge

I wish our recruitment was better and we wouldn't be in a position where we are talking to Lodge, but here we are.
  100. S

Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

If either side played a top team yesterday it would have been a cricket score, Parra were average yet we made them look like they could win the comp. We have issues everywhere.