Search results

1. B

Team after the bye

If Ciro keeps playing Taaffe on the bench as a 'super sub' I believe it is to slowly blood him as the 7. Much like he has done with some of our young props. Will be interesting to see if he comes on for Hutchinson against the Tigers.
  2. B

Explanation on referring decision

It could just be me but referees seem to become a little mentally defective whenever they adjudicate our games. Ciro should ask for a pregame mental assessment of all officials including the bunker every week. I'm starting to become concerned for their welfare. Truly!
  3. B

Opinion Patolo

He got injured in the Roosters game and I was surprised to see him play in the Storm game let alone start. If we didn't have those injuries I doubt he plays. I still have a feeling that he will come good. Sbw had lots of injuries as a young player when he was first establishing himself. I...
  4. B

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

With all players being fit I'd love to see King and Hughes as our starting props with Curran at lock. Mann off the bench when there is some fatigue. We have the depth for the bench when fit.
  5. B

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

Does Taaffe have a kicking game for a 7? He definitely isn't afraid of passing left to right like our incumbent 7. If Ciro was going to replace Hutchinson I'd say Sexton gets a go first. Taaffe could be given another week off so it doesn't look so bad dumping Hutchinson. Its refreshing having...
  6. B

Perception By Other Fans

Whats funny is alot of our fanbase arent intelligent enough to see the improvements, We have alot of fans constantly shit talking ciraldo spamming comments like "we have regressed" The comments like "the assistant" and "Burton is a centre " seem to be going quiet. Imagine what Ciro will do with...
  7. B

News How Female Pathways Dominance Has Canterbury Bulldogs Primed For Immediate NRLW Success

Misogyny is alive and well. Blueandwhiteblood you don't have to watch women's sport and there is plenty of money to go around. Educate yourself, it's not to late to grow a little.
  8. B

Shaving points

Cheers for that but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to hair other than the facial kind.
  9. B

Shaving points

What's this? No shaving tips. Guess I'll head back over to YouTube.
  10. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

As a niff nuff I would like to see Kiraz given a week at the back simply to get our sets moving. Obviously I have no idea if he can organise the defensive line.
  11. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

Yeah good thing the niff nuffs aren't picking the side each week. It's fun to speculate but only those inside the walls know what's truly happening.
  12. B

Official Gus on Twitter

I looked at Flegg and Mathews team lists but Alatini wasn't listed. Has another team swooped in?
  13. B

Round 4 Press Conference

Which 6,7and 1 were on the market that we could realistically have gone for?
  14. B

Kiks in doubt for Friday

Wow! Thanks for that. For a short minute there I was feeling a bit happy. Should have known better.
  15. B

Are Players being Coached to Milk the Obstruction Rule ..

Decoys should get through the line, simples. Preston should have been more aware. Obviously if you are expecting to get the ball and you should be then it can be hard to avoid contact. Of course the opposition will try to milk a penalty it's not like the Dogs don't. All teams will be trying...
  16. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Quality over size... Reminds of a very different scenario that I need to remind myself of from time to time.
  17. B

Official Gus on Twitter

I'd be very surprised if the coach didn't have a significant say in who is or isn't recruited. Where is this information coming from?
  18. B

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

Can you get sacked from the kennel?
  19. B

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

The ref had a shocker. The dogs are building, not world beaters but definitely a huge improvement on last year. A win is not far away. Lucky for me my happiness or self worth are not reliant on the Bulldogs winning football games. It helps to see and appreciate the long game the club is...
  20. B

Official Gus on Twitter

They had the rub of the green as well. I think just once in that game the ball bounced in our favour otherwise it fell into their lap. We are still a bit short on quality obviously everyone knows that, but the effort that the players we do have put in was to be applauded. It tells me at least...
  21. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Fair assessment
  22. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

If we hang onto the ball in that game we win. As Gus says the best defence is ball security. Thier big forwards were starting to tire and in a normal game with only four on the bench we come home stronger. Obviously a couple of big mobile props and a top flight 7 would improve our roster...
  23. B

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

And the amount of errors in the last 20. Should have been given the half to get into the game. Hutchinson will start the year at 7.
  24. B

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

That's Germanism, same but different :)
  25. B

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

The way posters on here carry on about unsubstantiated rumours, with the name calling and general shit talking is embarrassing. Hope they aren't the same people criticising the poor level of germalism in this country. Humanity is taking a serious nose dive into the pigs trough. How far is...
  26. B

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

They probably were considered along with others but the cream came to the top.
  27. B

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Yeah Ciraldo is just a puppet, the guy hasn't enough intelligence to make that kind of decision. In fact it was the new chairman who instructed Gus to give Ciraldo the order to make Crichton the captain who in turn will order all the little puppets around. It's a chain of command. At least...
  28. B

Your Round 1 Team?

Cheers for that! I like the look of that list too.
  29. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

To get good ball to the outside backs the middles need to create some space. Quick play the balls second phase or line breaks through the middle or all three at once. Looking forward to seeing how that happens. The first half last week I don't recall seeing a well constructed try. The ball...
  30. B

Your Round 1 Team?

Can someone list all the players that are able to be chosen for round 1. That being the top 30 plus the development players or whatever they are now called. On the dogs site there is a top 30 list but not the extended list. So if we are allowed to choose from the development players should...
  31. B

News FIVE November 1 targets for every club: Canterbury Bulldogs

Was mentioned last night he is 190cm+ and around 115kg. Sounds like a modern day prototype prop. I would be all in on him but imagine all the NRL clubs feeling the same.
  32. B

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

CC would know Burton very well from the Panthers. If he doesn't improve on last year in the opening rounds I believe CC could drop him for a spell in reserves. That would be a better option to get a reaction than shifting him to centre. I think the club wants to invest in him as a 6 it just...
  33. B

Bulldogs vs Storm Pre-Season 3-2-1

Good team effort. Knight had a shocker, his fitness looked below the rest of the squad. Too many players had impressive games but under different circumstances for me to separate them. The next trial will give us a better idea of what CC is thinking with regards to the r1 team. Not overwhelmed...
  34. B

Your Round 1 Team?

He's probably the only player in the team to create trys from nothing. Still one of the best wingers on the planet. Watch tonight to refresh your memory instead of doubling down on forgetting to include him.
  35. B

News Liam Knight

And perhaps themselves
  36. B

Opinion Pre Season Training

A bit of a glasshouse situation here. For centres?
  37. B

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

I've killed two TV's watching dog's games. The first and messiest was with a red wine bottle when Hayne made us look even stupider than we actually were. The other was with a knitting needle. Who knew that in a fight between a knitting needle and a TV the knitting needle wins. Of course the dogs...
  38. B

News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

And to call out rude and arrogant people for being rude and arrogant?
  39. B

Luckily sports people don't need a degree in science to succeed in their chosen sports. Burton does need to understand the physics of the earth in order to throw a cut out pass or algebra to put in a chip kick. The game isn't that complicated. If he was lacking in skills and physicality then...
  40. B

Seems to me that those writing off Burton's response haven't bothered to think it through. I can understand his double answer from the view of perspective. For millennia it was believed the earth was flat because it's impossible to see the curvature. Now it's pretty obvious to everyone who...
  41. B

Opinion Pre Season Training

Aren't you breaking the rule you just suggested. I've blocked them so there isn't even a temptation to reply. Suggest you do the same.
  42. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Think he would have to show some positive improvement on the field this season for the club to sign him up again. Unless it was to a development contract. There must be plenty of young prospects at his level.
  43. B

News Cameron Ciraldo Q&A How New Recruits Will Feature In His Quest To Make The Bulldogs A Powerhouse Again

He was reluctant to nominate a standout from the top 30 to have a break out season this year. Perhaps to keep them on their toes? His comments about the flegg boys having an opportunity after their finals success was interesting. Would be pretty unlikely to see a flegg player getting much NRL...
  44. B

BULLDOGS PLAYER TRADE

St George are open for trading. There must be a middle on their books that would be worth looking into.
  45. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Which is why Brisbane's players were referring to Reynolds as the coach.
  46. B

BULLDOGS PLAYER TRADE

The raider's would be mad to let him leave. Can't see this happening. That's just going off his highlights package though. If Gus could pull it off it would mean he bypasses legendary and immortal status and becomes God.
  47. B

The Bulldogs 2024 style of play & Game plan ..

Totally agree re size of our forward pack. Last year fitness was one of our biggest issues. I expect that to be different this year. When the storm in a teacup was happening last year with regards to our training being too hard a commentator said that it takes time for that greater level of...
  48. B

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

I'd imagine if you replicated that now it would be a very busy place. I used to love the old school chips!
  49. B

Last time I had one was from a Greek fish and chip shop in Katooba around '94. The lady who worked there had a fabulous accent when she pronounced coca cola. Sadly everything seems mass produced these days.
  50. B

I agree with the idea that Critta has the potential to lift the players around him and also his professionalism should hopefully lift the team in general. But it's very hard to measure that kind of impact. In terms of single games and a players ability to win a game through individual effort...
  51. B

Official Gus on Twitter

I suppose we could toughen them up by substituting the foam padded cylinders with tree trunks. But I guess tree trunks don't run very fast or side step. There must be a better way.
  52. B

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Is this meant as a joke? Like a pot and kettle thing?
  53. B

News Critta’s on the next episode of Let’s Trot.

If there is a weakness it could be the tough carries. Not saying this as a definite but there were some moments this year where he didn't look overly willing in that area. Not saying he should be used as a battering ram either just that it might be that well hidden weakness. Having said that...
  54. B

Rugbystate.com

Rugbystate might be a hint.
  55. B

MY BACKLINE FOR TRIALS.

Cruel but I see your point.
  56. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Love a good battered sav.
  57. B

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

Or #6 if Burton was moved to #3 or#4. Seems he has played plenty of #6 in lower grades.
  58. B

Klemmer back to the dogs?

Clubs wanting to be rid of Klemmer should make prospective employers pretty wary I would think. Knights wanted him gone now the Tigers. Does he have a destabilising influence perhaps?
  59. B

Klemmer back to the dogs?

Can't see the club looking backwards
  60. B

What if we just played without props?

Not sure the fox and critta enjoy the collision enough for that to work. Even To'o seemed to drop off in that department this year. Whatever the plan is for the coming season it clearly has to reflect the squad we have. That didn't appear to be the case this year or perhaps it was just the...
  61. B

What if we just played without props?

Obviously we need to plan around what we have and clearly we don't have a pack that is going to bully other packs. Playing expansive with a mobile pack is probably a good idea. Stopping a more powerful pack from getting a roll on is the challenge. Stopping post contact metres and offloads is a...
  62. B

SEN Interview Pt 1 & 2 - Phil Gould confirms interest in Addin Fonua-Blake, concedes lack of depth in forwards.

Which is why he was willing to take the Sia gamble until it was a no go. It also tells us that he is struggling to find quality.
  63. B

SEN Interview Pt 1 & 2 - Phil Gould confirms interest in Addin Fonua-Blake, concedes lack of depth in forwards.

Yeah sounding like all those utility players he has just signed could be intended for more specific roles. Hope there is a plan b for that middle forward he alluded to. Wasn't convinced that he is as confident as he made out with what we've currently got. Looking forward to the trials already...
  64. B

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

After his showing at the end of last season I hope Burton changes. At least some of the personnel around him have so that could be a help.
  65. B

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Would Taffe be a spot player for opposition attack if he defended at 6?
  66. B

News Canterbury look at shifting Burton to free up his running game

Can't understand why he can't contribute to the kicking game if he was moved to centre. Just move into position to take the pass. How difficult would it be to create plays where he swaps positions with the half or five eight? Not concerned whether he plays five eight or centre at this stage as...
  67. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Great news! The internet is in heaven.
  68. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Sounds like you need to brush up on your fishing skills.
  69. B

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

The Roosters do love the latest new shiny thing. Maybe it has to do with the Politis shiny car thing.
  70. B

News Tigers and Dragons get more free to air games in 2024 than Dogs

If you are happy to just watch replays then you can watch for free on the NRL app. Just in case some don't realise.
  71. B

Official Gus on Twitter

You can't compare us with the Broncos they have a great junior system that most of their team came from. Reynolds was essentially the recruitment they did to turn their fortunes around. Our issues are systemic which is why a single player can't possibly change everything in a season or too. I...
  72. B

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Just because you think something doesn't make it real.
  73. B

Opinion Spending $1m

Just some journalists speculating. Nothing in it.
  74. B

Player Market Bloodbath from 12am

Think sav should be taking the drugs.
  75. B

Terrell May would have to be on Gus's list. The Roosters can't possibly sign all of their off contact players now Creighton is staying. Would be interesting to see a list of players on a yearly basis that have left and are recruited by the Roosters. To see if it adds up. I'd be surprised.
  76. B

Not really. I just took a strong antiinflammatory. Hope that has an effect. Very uncomfortable night sleep.
  77. B

Mam and Luai were playing second fiddle in top teams. Deardon I'm not sure about but if he was the dominant half then perhaps the blame for missing the finals lays at his feet. Splashing big money on any of these players is no guarantee our team will be dramatically improved. Is it worth the...
  78. B

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

It can turn 360° which causes him to feel dizzy.
  79. B

What will our DNA look like moving forward?

What does our DNA even mean? I think these days it is our GUS rather than our DNA.
  80. B

Flanagan to dragons swap

Can't see it personally. Would be a huge form reversal.
  81. B

Worst recruitment move of all time? 1996 onward

The view always seems clearer in the rearview mirror. I'd rather look forward though.
  82. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Yes?
  83. B

News How Do You Expect To Win : Stephen Crichton's Blunt Assessment Of Canterbury’s Criticism Ahead Of Career Defining Move

Thanks Bad Billy now whenever I see a laughing face I'll assume it's sarcasm.
  84. B

Rumour Fulton and Gould spotted meeting

On that subject shouldn't it be retardedness?
  85. B

Alamoti to the Panthers

People keep mentioning how young he is but I find it hard to believe he will get faster with age. The other issue or maybe issue, is if he was one of the so called players struggling with the training then going to Penrith won't be any easier. Not sure how I feel about this. My biggest concern...
  86. B

News Bizarre run of NRL signings leaves Bulldogs fans bemused

Whoever wrote that drivel owes me that time back. I could have been watching reels or doing something important.
  87. B

News A not so mad Monday positive thread

Buzz would likely bemoan the bulldogs depriving the crane operators of their livelihood.
  88. B

News A not so mad Monday positive thread

They are just delaying the piss up. Woke up already!
  89. B

News Dylan Edwards and Robbo back Ciraldo

Back in the old days the bulldogs as a club would use all this shit to catapult the team upward. The Edwards comments should shame the players at the heart of this if it is even real. Backs to the wall doggies! Show your supporters what you are truly made of. If they lose against the titans I...
  90. B

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

If we put Alamoti on Saab's side that should negate his pace.
  91. B

Official Gus on Twitter

The guy who put a lot of that in place is now doing the same for us. In a few years we could save some money and get that pigeon you mentioned.
  92. B

Will cc see out his contract? (Poll)

Adding to this our spine will look transformed if we have middles that get the whole team rolling forward. No one will be talking about the coach if that was happening.
  93. B

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

Disagree with this based on the fact Taaffe has performed in the NRL where Perham did not.
  94. B

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Just read that he said he hasn't signed with anyone yet. So there is now competition for his signature. If this is true and that is probably a big if then our chances of signing him are much less. Don't think Gus will get into a bidding war for him. But that is just my opinion.
  95. B

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Thanks! haven't watched that scene in years.
  96. B

News Knights v Bulldogs: Best, Saifiti in doubt; Same 17 for Ciraldo

Does anyone have an opinion on who the better player was in reserves last week, Thompson or Hughes. Am interested to see if either get a shot on Sunday.