Search results

1. Y

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Yeah I thought that was Mahoneys best game as a Bulldog. After watching the replay for the second time, he was tireless in defence in the middle with plenty of line speed, his kicking was great and he led the charge downfield, set up a try and was strong for the entire 80 mins
  2. Y

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

1. Kikau 2. Mahoney 3. Kiraz
  3. Y

Opinion Blake Taffee

He can't keep dropping contested bombs and give the opposition the ball that close to our line. That will hurt us We need someone more reliable...Tracey for me
  4. Y

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

I don't think Taafe has succesfully taken a contested bomb in all 3 games and it is definitely a weakness that we need to fix. We can't keep giving the ball back to the opposition so close to our line Taafe has enthusiasm and plenty of energy but he isn't contributing that much to the team and...
  5. Y

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Yeah I heard that as well. That can only be a good thing if Critta can help get a good combination going Another thing I noticed a couple of times is when Kikau was getting aggressive in defence , Burton seemed to lift his intensity in defence as well and hit a bit harder Hopefully by having...
  6. Y

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

One piece of our front row puzzle now in place He will only get better
  7. Y

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

O'Neill doesn't have the size yet to handle first grade He would get run over defensively Give him a chance to develop and build himself up in NSW Cup for a year at least. He is still very young No more sacrificing young guys before they are ready. That's why we have recruited experience in...
  8. Y

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

100% in for Critta as captain We have a huge leadership void with no player being at the club more than a couple of years CC has known Critta since he was a teenager, he has seen him develop closely every season (except last season) and if he thinks he is the man for the job, I'm for it...
  9. Y

News Toby Sexton aiming to lock down halves spot

How good that this is our problem...either Hutch or Sexton I thought Hutch looked great in the first half...then Sexton looked just as good , if not better in the second half I'm happy to go with whoever CC thinks will benefit the team the most. This weeks trial will be really interesting in...
  10. Y

Your Round 1 Team?

Unless Kiraz is definitely 100% fit I wouldn't risk him in this trial I think it was a reported back injury, so if any doubt , leave him out. We saw the difference when Kiraz was fully fit at the start of last year, he was awesome chewing up the metres for us coming out of our own end He was...
  11. Y

Missing Piece of the Puzzle

I really hope Isaac Mateeva-Booth eventually comes good. He potentially has the size to be a real weapon Along with Todd, Hipoi and Hughes we have a really good batch of young props coming through They will need a couple of years to keep bulking up but they are all showing promise at a young...
  12. Y

What do we think of the big Luch

I think after Kikau and Preston we are a bit light on second rowers He is a big body and makes an impact Worth cosidering
  13. Y

News Taaffe gets first crack at Bulldogs’ No.1; Schuster’s return bid as Manly rest stars: Rd 1 Team Tips

I favour Tracey àfter what he showed he could do when he got an extended run at fullback with the Sharks last year when Kennedy was out But Taafe gets first crack and it's all about opportunity for him, so if he can improve on his game from last year...fantastic EIther way , I'm happy with...
  14. Y

Opinion Pre Season Training

Kiraz looks like he has put on some muscle Hopefully that will help him push out even more metres for us
  15. Y

Interesting Hutcho said something along the lines of he is trying to bring the best out of the people around him That's certainly a skill we haven't had in our team for a long time I thought Sexton would be the number 7 to start but Hutcho could be a smokey if he plays well in the trials...
  16. Y

Official Gus on Twitter

Good question I guess first off he needs to get back on the field and show what he can do If he has another injury prone year I dare say he won't be re-signed as we have Todd, Hipoi and Matava-Booth coming through that could easily jump ahead of him. The good thing is that Gus is setting up...
  17. Y

News Harrison Edwards

But he is still taking up a Top 30 spot isn't he? If he hasn't come back to training by now surely Gus is trying to get him off the books Even if he did eventually come back he would be so far behind in fitness with no pre-season training he would be no value at all to us
  18. Y

Official Mitchell Woods secures future at Belmore

Awesome....alot of kids get wraps early on and amount to nothing, but the talk and hype about Woods feels different Hope like hell this kid progresses how everyone expects him too If he does, we could have a special player on our hands
  19. Y

Can we all get on the same page

Really looking forward to this year and confident we will improve in alot of areas Our backline has plenty of depth and options and we will have plenty of attack out wide For starters, at fullback we are already talking about who will be our fullback out of Crichton, Tracey or Taaffe and all 3...
  20. Y

Our 2024 fullback is…

Tracey for me He looked really good when he filled in for Kennedy at the Sharks last year and is always an attacking threat. He also goes at everything 100 miles an hour and won't get man handled like I think Taafe will Crichton is too good of a centre to not play him there and importantly...
  21. Y

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb, Dave Gillespie and Dean Pay
  22. Y

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Fricken hilarious Fricken hilarious
  23. Y

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Yeah Schnog, or Shlong ore something like that...guy with a mullet was playing Qld Cup
  24. Y

News Injured Bulldog gets a break as competition for fullback intensifies

You make a good point regarding Penrith using our blueprint just before they won their first premiership Let's not forget the Panthers recruited Chris Mortimer, Peter Kelly, Peter Tunks and Paul Dunn in the late 80's early 90's to bring some tough nuts and winning culture to the club just...
  25. Y

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

I hope Sharks as well. That might open up a few options for us Hamlin Uele, Hunt, Hazelton....signing AFB could see some movement with these guys I'm hoping we are going after Hamlin Uele anyway, as he is off contract in 2024
  26. Y

News 'Dogs gave me a purpose': Xerri grateful for second chance

I'm backing Xerri to be in the centres sooner rather than later Kid was an elite junior and hit the NRL scene at a young age and looked a definite Origin player in the making Yes 4 years is a long time out, but he is still very young and I think he will hit his stride very quickly. And when...
  27. Y

SMH Luai

I think Luai would turn into a Nico Hynes type halfback and I'd take that every day of the week
  28. Y

Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

Agree....his defence at times was paper thin which put us under pressure time and time again Being a co captain I would have liked to see a bit more desperation and commitment in defence RFM as well never showed the effort or commitment of a leader Reed Mahoney on the other hand, you couldn't...
  29. Y

Curran signed.

Quite possibly:) Always liked him at the Warriors and wished we had him at the Bulldogs He plays tough and we need those type of players He is only young and I think he will keep improving and really add some toughness to our pack
  30. Y

Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

If we can't have both, I'd take AFB and sacrifice Kikau...although that leaves us thin in the 2nd row if Preston or Curran go down A metre eating alpha prop is way more important to us than a strike 2nd rower. AFB would make sure we don't get dominated up front like we have been over the past...
  31. Y

Rumour AFB & JT

Assault
  32. Y

Rumour AFB & JT

He is in gaol
  33. Y

2024 NRL Signings

where did you hear that?
  34. Y

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

For me, we need to go all out and make him our marquee million dollar man. He is in the top 4 props in the game with Haas, Tino and JFH He would make all the difference to our team and take us from also rans to a definite top 8 side Surely we have room in our cap for at least one, million...
  35. Y

Halves Academy?

I've read somewhere that Gus is very involved and hands on with the academy That's what makes me think the plan is for our next great halfback to come from within, as Gus has brought quite a few gun young halves into the juniors
  36. Y

Thanks for the training update:)
  37. Y

News ‘I want to play five-eighth’: Burton eyes Blues’ No.6 jersey

Absolutely, his defence was terrible at times last year. He is a big body and first thing he needs to do is really stiffen up his defence. Don't all the greats say get your defence right first and your attack comes off the back of that (or something like that:)
  38. Y

Klemmer back to the dogs?

Forgetting all the off field drama with RFM...his on field performances alone last year showed he should be nowhere near the top He didn't contribute or make any impact whatsoever for us last year, and as the "Club Captain" he should have been making the biggest impact and trying his guts out
  39. Y

News Jayden Tanner

Tanner seemed like a goer but lacked the size to make an impact. Not what we need Wish him well at the Panthers
  40. Y

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

I thought Tracey was excellent at centre at first when filling in last year but then when he came in at fullback for the injured Kennedy he was just as good If we get him....I'd be playing him in either position in our starting 13. Really depends on how Crichton goes at fullback if that's...
  41. Y

SEN Interview Pt 1 & 2 - Phil Gould confirms interest in Addin Fonua-Blake, concedes lack of depth in forwards.

Without doubt we need strengthening in the front row and I'm confident Gus will get us someone, but regardless of that I think we desperately need either Patolo, Hughes, Katoga or Famaasili (spelling??) to really have a breakout year and step up and actually make positive contributions to the...
  42. Y

News Canterbury look at shifting Burton to free up his running game

Agree...it's now or never for him as a 5/8. This year he needs a "breakout" year at 5/8 which includes vast improvement in all facets of his game, especially his defence and ball playing (setting up outside players) We all know he can run (albeit not enough) and he definitely has a kicking...
  43. Y

News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

That's it...for me we just have to trust Gus and CC and not get distracted by the "noise" the media makes up about it
  44. Y

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

With our obvious weakness at prop, and with what is off contract for 2025, I'm hoping we go hard for Hamlin-Uele from the Sharks. Big unit, aggressive, experienced, would be our alpha prop IF.....AFB becomes available next year we have to go all out and virtually make him an offer he can't...
  45. Y

News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

I back Gus and CC 100% on whatever action they take with RFM They are the only ones who know the full story and no doubt they both will do the right thing by the club
  46. Y

Your favourite player out of the new signings?

Xerri...I'm backing him to hit the ground running from the first day of pre season and be in the centres come Round 1 Curran has alot of upside to develop into a potential representative player in the next couple of years as our team starts winning again
  47. Y

SMH Luai

Yeah.... I know:) In my "dream" Luai turns into another Nico Hynes after switching to halfback and Burton finally gets his shit together:)
  48. Y

SMH Luai

Dreams are free right? 2025 backline Papenhuysen Fox Crichton Xerri Kiraz Burton Luai ???
  49. Y

News 'You don't forget that stuff': Jacob Kiraz reveals Phil Gould, Cameron Ciraldo's support during family heartache after re-signing

Winger for me Is great under the high ball, was averaging close to 200 metres per game ( i think) at the start of the year before injury and is a great finisher Could transition to centre if need be but he is definitely a bigger asset for us on the wing
  50. Y

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

Agree. If Gus can swing this and land us a prop ...as well as landing Safiti then we are back in business next year
  51. Y

Curran signed.

I've always liked Curren. Good size, plays tough and has that bit of mongrel in him Hopefully he slots in at lock and can really develop into a consistent top notch NRL forward Makes our pack stronger
  52. Y

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

A couple of ways to look at this IF.....there are issues between the club and JAC and Gus and CC feel it would be better for the team to move him on, I'm on board Fox is a great finisher...BUT.....he makes minimal yardage coming out of our own end and his defence (or lack of) at times has...
  53. Y

Official Blake Wilson locked in for 2024 & 2025

Good signing. I think he has shown promise in his debut season and has huge potential
  54. Y

Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

Hopefully Curren replaces Waddell...which is an upgrade
  55. Y

Opinion Blake Taaffe

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hutchinson at 7 if he out performs Sexton in pre season and trials. He could be the calm steady experience at 7 we are looking for to help unlock Burton. Plus he is a big body defensively
  56. Y

The definition of a do or die mentality

I was at that game in '79 in the little stand next to the hill at the SCG. What a great game, what a great memory
  57. Y

Flanagone....

Good luck to Flanno. Although he shit me to tears when he was our number 7, he just didn't have the skill set required as a 7 at NRL level But he had plenty of ticker and for the most part was defensively sound and he can't be accused of not putting in full effort each time he took the field...
  58. Y

Jake Turpin

Turpin is a tough little bugger and an experienced NRL standard hooker If Mahoney goes down injured in the first game (heaven forbid), we now have an established replacement With Nu Brown and Flanagan gone we had no backup at hooker. Now we do, and for me Turpin is a better player than Brown...
  59. Y

No Source Alamoti

I would have liked to have kept Burns but looking back he seems injury prone. I don't think he strung more than 2 games together in a row before he was injured again. Just when he looked solid, he got injured again With Xerri and Crichton coming as well as young Semrani who I think is top 30...
  60. Y

Drew Hutchinson signing

Yep, at least there are some quality forwards available in 2025 and realistically we should be able to pick up 3 from the following list Fotuaika Hamlin Uele Jacob Safiti Lindsay Smith Coen Hess Kaloamatangi Jordan Riki Hudson Young
  61. Y

Social Media Drew Hutchison to Dogs

Experienced back up for the halves. Look at the hole we fell in this year in the halves Once Flanno was dropped we had KO, Rajab, Burto all fail until we got Sexton I think Sexton is in the box seat to make the position his but if for whatever reason there is a vacancy in the halves, at least...
  62. Y

No Source Poasa Faamausili

I think this is the type of front rower signings we can expect for next year. On the cheap and looking for an opportunity Hopefully we can find a "Preston" like gem amongst them As long as he buys into our training, runs hard, tackles hard...good luck to him
  63. Y

Fantastic News Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

Playing wise he isn't up to the standard we require Regardless of all the other stuff going on, he is a weak link in our roster and even if we have to kick in a bit of his salary to play at another club, so be it (it's not like we don't have plenty of cap room to accommodate this) I would...
  64. Y

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

I thought we at least showed more application to defence today....still totally unacceptable having 34 points scored , but compared to the past month we weren't as diabolical.....I guess that's something.....right....ahh who am I kidding...who cares:) Knight looked pretty solid in his opening...
  65. Y

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

Definitely some good prospects there I thought O'Neill, Papalii, looked pretty good Front rowers Todd and Hopoi looked strong and Johannson looked like a goer off the bench Todd was the dominant front rower on the field and Hopoi has good leg speed for a big guy. Hopefully these 2 can put on...
  66. Y

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

What a champion JMoz is....his radio buddy even said he has never heard him so passionate. I've said it before, I wish they get JMoz on the coaching staff as a defensive coach for the all the outside backs in the club. He was one of the best of the modern era
  67. Y

Opinion 2024 Captain/leaders

We have absolutely no stand out leaders in our team at present Burton.....forget it. Proved he is totally not up to it for a number of reasons. CC should definitely relinquish him of the duties in the off season. He just needs to fully concentrate on improving his game JAC...nope. Not...
  68. Y

Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

Yeah I agree. CC mentioned the Jersey Flegg players in his press conference today saying these guys will be the future. I think that's why KO is playing Flegg now, hopefully to build combinations and spirit with guys like Papalii, Mazzone, O'Neill, Hopoi and Marshall etc so these guys can come...
  69. Y

Knockonbor Defensive Effort

He has looked much more comfortable at centre in NSW Cup and yesterday actually contributed something to the team when at centre He's not a fullback plain and simple, but a NSW Cup standard centre who if in the top 30 should be minimum wage and if injuries get desperate could fill in for a game...
  70. Y

Burton is not worth big dollars

I'd happily swap Burton for Mam, Deardon or Luai in '25 if Gus could make it happen
  71. Y

News PREMIERSHIP ‘Boo all you want’: The ‘terrible’ issue Ciraldo must fix; Dogs’ rare shining light — Big Hits

Yeah I've wondered the same thing. RFM... what's going on there? he has hardly been sighted since that story about him being shopped around, then he was named for the last 2 games but mysteriously didn't play either, reports he pulled a hammy in the warm up last week...did anyone actually see...
  72. Y

Opinion Blake Taaffe

I think Taafe at 1 and Crichton in the centres We need Crichtons defence in the front line Penriths' right side defence got ripped apart against Parra because Crichton wasn't there. Cleary, Martin and To'o were still there on the right hand side and with Crichton it's nearly impregnable, but...
  73. Y

Has anyone on here experienced the club go through a similar period like this?

Hopefully there will be some movement of players "on contract" in the off season and we might be able to snag a good prop that way I'm thinking there could be an opportunity at Cronulla with Hamlin Uele coming off contract and they also have Rudolph, Hunt, Kaufusi and Hazelton in their...
  74. Y

Official Gus on Twitter

Exactly..... I know most people think CC is a dud (and I agree some of his decisions seem crazy).... but lets not forget he knows what success looks like, he has worked within the Panthers system that has built from the bottom up and is now a powerhouse and nearly unbeatable Most of our players...
  75. Y

Opinion Bulldogs Drive for 25 !

I'd be more than happy if Morrin developed into that player I think Preston's strength is his defence and if we happened to pick up another 2nd rower (eg Riki), I could see Preston in the 13 role which would really strengthen our defence in the middle Either way, hopefully we can strengthen...
  76. Y

What I'd give for a Cam McInnes or Rueben Cotter at 13....players that give everything I'm hoping Preston can be that type of player for us
  77. Y

I think we all like the thought of Pele hitting out 2 x 20 min spells running off the back fence like Spencer Leniu but unfortunately reality is he is sucking in the big ones after 2 hitups which leaves him vulnerable in defence, and he looks pretty much spent after 5 mins. Can't blame CC for...
  78. Y

Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

Yeah, I thought Gus would answer straight out that Burto is a number 6 but he definitely left the door open for a possible positional change if he doesn't nail it down by halfway through next year
  79. Y

Opinion Update on Signings

forwards??
  80. Y

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

Geez the Tigers like a gamble. 4 year deal for Sullivan who to be honest has shown very occasional glimpses of something, but nothing that warrants a 4 year deal. On top of the Tigers paying ridiculous money for the Fanu brothers on long term deals....wow
  81. Y

Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

mmmm, Burto, it's a tricky one. I am holding onto the hope that Burto develops into the player we need but I agree with most of what is being said on here, at the moment he is lacking in quite a few departments For me, first thing he needs to improve is his defense. He drops off way too many...
  82. Y

George Coorey passes away. RIP

RIP George
  83. Y

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

I don't know why they don't try to employ Josh Morris as the defensive coach for all our outside backs throughout the club. One of the best defensive centres of the last 20 years
  84. Y

Sexton

good stuff...confident talker and student of the game...he could be "our" guy
  85. Y

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

Maybe Gus knows Fotuaika is the most likely out of the 3 to move and all the other noise about Tino and Hass is just that I wouldn't be surprised if the noise about Tino and Hass is a smokescreen and the real targets are Fotuaika and Jordan Riki. Someone mentioned on her were are very very...
  86. Y

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Yep , he was. Nearly his best game of the season for us He really got us on the front foot today. Strong carries, really pushed through the line, didn't overplay his hand and I don't recall an offload, or any errors. Like CC said in the presser, that is what we need from him and we are a...
  87. Y

Ryan Sutton Defence

Yep me too. I thought he was actually quite defensively strong at Canberra and when he came off the bench made an impact for them....that's what I thought we were getting But he has been very underwhelming. I hope Gus can ship him off
  88. Y

Rd 22 vs Dolphins 3-2-1

3. TPJ 2. Sexton 1. Preston honourable mentions Burns, Kiraz, Wilson, AVO
  89. Y

2-0 with Toby Sexton in the team this season

We look such a better team with Sexton in the team. Finally a real halfback doing real halfback stuff and suprise suprise....look what happens The kid has only been in the place for a month so has had limited time to work on combinations etc Really looking forward to his improvement next...
  90. Y

Jake Averillo

Yeah I think he has gone up a level this year. He was one of the Blues best players in Origin and has been outstanding for the Panthers both in attack and defense He has great hands and has setup plenty of tries for his winger Whether he plays fullback or centre we will have one of the elite...
  91. Y

I'm more excited to see more of Sexton. I think we looked a more complete, organised team in the 1.5 games he has played so far. I think he is the type of halfback our team needs more than an attacker/runner like Sullivan
  92. Y

Sam Hughes re-signs

I'd like to see him start this week, give us 20 mins then bring on Knight for 20 mins. Hopefully that will give us some size and go forward for the full 40 mins.....if successful repeat in the 2nd half I'm sick of being dominated through the middle due to lack of size
  93. Y

Sam Hughes re-signs

Glad we have extended him, has plenty of potential
  94. Y

no great loss
  95. Y

Rumour RFM and Sutton told to find new clubs

If Hoffman is still in the top 30, I would say him
  96. Y

Liam Knight?

Is Hoffman still in the Top 30?
  97. Y

Liam Knight?

You would fit Riki in on an edge and play Preston at 13 Preston definitely has the motor and toughness to play 80 minutes in the middle and keep things tight
  98. Y

Liam Knight?

Wow, that kid is a beast. Has the size and plays with more aggression and physicality than any of our forwards , and is only young He would be awesome
  99. Y

Rumour RFM and Sutton told to find new clubs

It was interesting what Buzz had to say tonight (for once) Reading between the lines it sounds like CC has brought in tougher training and higher standards that our players need to get to CC, Burton, Kikau from Penrith, Mahoney from Parra, Fox from the Storm, trainer Touma from Roosters , have...
  100. Y

Liam Knight?

Good luck to him. I've had enough of being outmuscled in the forwards He is a big body, get's a chance, and he is available THIS weekend. I'm hoping both Knight and Hughes are in the 17 this week and they both grab the chance Let's see how he goes first before we crucify him