Search results

1. S

Round 4 Press Conference

Looking at where we’ve been and where we are, I’d take the frustration of losing a game we should have won over losing a game when we were shit. We were better than last week, and the week before. I’ll take that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

News 'Easy to change things': Cameron Ciraldo's defensive mindset pays off with 32-0 Titans shutout

I think it’s also easy to forget Ciraldo is a rookie coach. He is in development as much as some of those young guys coming through. In 2 years he’ll hopefully find his style and have a bunch of juniors come through that have bought into that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

Trouble getting on the kennel

Same issue. Has this been addressed/answered elsewhere?
  4. S

News NRL Pre-Season Challenge: Bulldogs name halfback for match two

It’s a trial. TBH Dogs never been good in trials. Biggest takeaway was attitude in defence. I’ll be happy if they build on that and let the rest flow for rest of year
  5. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Agee, adding a touch of class to a team that showed some intent and good attitude, plus some spark from the young blokes.
  6. S

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

How does the old joke go? When he left Sydney for Brisbane, he increased the average IQ in both [emoji6]
  7. S

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

84 was the first one I remember so is a favourite with so many legends in that team. 04 obviously - probably the best team we’ve ever had. Gotta say though, I like to count the 98 GF qualifier against Parra as a GF. Probably best game I’ve ever witnessed - and it still burns Parra fans [emoji23]
  8. S

News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

Interviewer: “so Burto, do you believe in x?” Burto: “err I should just speak truth but my media training has taught me to be so bland and risk free that saying anything that is not deemed acceptable from a loud minority will get me crucified and cancelled. And then get crucified by media no...
  9. S

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Not sure but would imagine the incumbent club could impose that if the other side agrees. A lot depends on who has the bargaining power. In this case it seems the incumbent has the upper hand
  10. S

News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Here’s the thing, when was last time RFM got through a whole preseason followed by a full regular season? He’s been in a rehab cycle for a few consecutive years now. Maybe he had valid gripes to portray to head coach, maybe he misjudged expectations of what was required for being a professional...
  11. S

Jacob Kiraz extends to 2027

Possibly better they figure out which side of field they play and work out combos with Burton, Kikau, Preston etc
  12. S

Does it matter what position these guys play? Better that they are just on the field for us. They’ll work it out as they go
  13. S

Another good off season for this bloke and the sky is the limit. Happy he’s staying
  14. S

Drew Hutchinson signing

Our current mob wouldn’t make their 17 so I guess it’s an improvement [emoji23]
  15. S

News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

I reckon if you spoke to both Gus and CC they would both agree that CC still has to develop as a FG coach. Like the Dogs getting some experienced players e.g Reynolds around the young playmakers, there’s nothing wrong with getting an experienced coach that CC can learn from also.
  16. S

Nu Brown Released To Knights Effective Immediately

I think Nu Brown and Reynolds were brought into squad as utilities to cover inexperience in our halves and ball playing areas. With another season under the belts of KO and other younger kids, they are excess to needs and we’ve picked up some younger utilities and Sexton to keep competition on spots
  17. S

Opinion Shame...

100% News Ltd still hate the fact Gus was able defy them. He’s been at three of biggest clubs in NSW which generate massive clicks and they can’t control the narrative on them as much
  18. S

Opinion Sack Gus & Ciraldo

It’s minimum 3 years to turn a club around if the roster and cap are screwed. Gus has said same thing since the day he joined - that it was going to take time. His messaging hasn’t changed and he has support of board and hired a coach who has been through this before with Panthers. Ciraldo is...
  19. S

News Article Jayden Sullivan

Doubt the dogs will go for Sullivan now. Excess to needs with Rajab, BBO and Hayward as understudies. KO will be a forward or 14 until he’s ready. Possible that Sullivan was a target until we signed Sexton
  20. S

Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

A choice between Tino and Haas? Tough call. Both same age. Less off field baggage with Tino perhaps. Maybe a smart move from Dogs to make the deal public. Other high profile player’s ears may prick up when hearing about the deal and become interested in the dogs
  21. S

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

30 mins to go but will say right now I’m happy with the response from last week. Attitude is good in this club
  22. S

Is Averillo a centre or winger ?

I think Averillo is benefiting from consistency of focusing on one position and guidance from good coaching staff. He’s only 22 so still improving. Has some speed and footwork. Reminds me a little of Willie Tonga. Defence ok but should get better. He’s a local junior and been in our system for a...
  23. S

Building a Club (Something to be Proud of)

Gus and CC have tried to wipe several years of mediocrity in one season. Takes a while
  24. S

I’d love for the Doggies to do enough just to fuck up another couple of teams chances. Maybe we’ll start to be hated again
  25. S

Yeah, top eight was always going to be tough. Made tougher by the injuries. But given closeness of the comp this year, and we start to get injured players back after the bye, I would like us to be a nuisance team for back the end of comp - and Gus and CC have some surprises up their sleeve...
  26. S

Lol. Don’t want him to buy us but I wish the club continue the doco series - just pay the cost and keep it going forever. Some of the best club content ever. Imagine the footage 20 years from now - that’s Club building!
  27. S

Logical and rugby League don’t often mix mate, lol. But sport is great for bringing people of different walks of life together - The Dogs is definitely one of those and adds some colour
  28. S

Good analysis. Massive Improvement in jnrs and Reggie’s this year - no better place to start when your trying to climb a mountain.
  29. S

What happened to late 2022's free flowing style?

Free flow footy comes on back of momentum in forwards. Too many injuries to develop rhythm
  30. S

Will Burton ever be our Fittler or Lockyer?

Fittler had Greg Alexander. Lockyer had Langer and Walters. This kid is 23 with about 40 games under his belt playing with half a team of Reggies. I liked his involvement at 7 this week. Gotta think long term
  31. S

Yeah, some signings will always frustrate. I’m not sure on recruitment. No team is perfect at that and you can only sign what’s available. Maybe some purchases were just to plug some holes and see if they surprise you. Maybe it’s simple math, for every Preston you unearth, you also get two...
  32. S

No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Dogs might be torn between short term solution with Hunt who wants long years big money, and waiting on KO to develop who will command big money, how would 2024/25 look with Hunt on 3 year contract but KO demanding upgrade and push for first grade. I don’t envy the actuaries at the Dogs who have...
  33. S

Hi all. First timer at posting here. Do those who are old enough to remember the 80’s and 90’s this isn’t our first rodeo at rebuilding the club. Sure others like Greenberg and Hasler have tried but they had short term goals in mind at the time. Success often starts at the bottom so our results...
  34. S

Off contract middles

Would like to see how Thompson goes this year under new regime. Not averse to keeping him on - for the right price tho.
  35. S

News Canterbury Bulldogs confirm big opportunity for former Hull FC halfback but it’ll be tough for former Wests Tigers star

I get the feeling Reynolds has been signed as a pre season pace setter. $12k investment to help push along the young guys - see what they’re made of up until Christmas. Only good things in having him around the club
  36. S

Opinion Hastings might be available for 23?

What’s Hastings market value? $500k - $600k? Do we get better return on investment than Moses at $1m? And which one will work better with Burton?
  37. S

News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

Reynolds was keen to just be involved with the club through juniors and the community. I think this is a Club decision to put JR through a pre season just to see how committed to the club he is. They can keep an eye on him and his attitude and then make a decision on whether he should become a...
  38. S

News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

Every team needs some experience in the halves - even if only on training paddock
  39. S

Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Pressure is on Gus to make it work. Will be interested to see who the assistants will be. Ciraldo should have a decent support network around him to give him every chance to succeed.
  40. S

James Graham

Reynolds and Graham. Gus is getting the Beatles back together!
  41. S

Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

TBaz under previous club management vs Ciraldo under Gus Gould - very different scenarios
  42. S

Burton pictured with dogs powerbrokers

That photo sends a clear message to other clubs to stay away
  43. S

Official Gus on Twitter

One of Gus’s strengths has been to fix the junior pathways. He did it at Penrith when he saw a crop of great talent coming through Penrith and wanted to act to save the Panthers and give those boys a local team to play for. Maybe we’re already starting to see a good crop of Bulldogs juniors...
  44. S

Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

. . . Or did the whole Sonny Bill saga destroy that?
  45. S

News Jaw dropping’: The American football experts in awe over Matt Burton’s ‘NFL leg’

Anyone else old enough to remember Ricky Stuart’s bombs. They were the highest at the time
  46. S

Opinion Would you wait til 2024 if we can get Todd Payten ?

If Potter keeps the team humming and is happy to play the temporary role, then maybe sign him now for 12 months with caveats in the clubs favour if/when the right coach becomes available
  47. S

Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Do Dogs and Roosters still have gentleman’s agreement to leave each other’s players alone? Will Uncle Nick honour this if he can’t get Munster? Also, first post. Hello to the Kennel!