Search results

1. R

2024 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Eels are a completely different team away from CommBank and until they get a new coach they’re simply not a premiership threat. As Doggies fans we can always take solace in that Eels fans have and are doing it tougher than us. They seem to cling on to...
  2. R

Demetriou's 27 second presser

In a few weeks it will be Demetriwho. I'd love to be as sure with this week's Powerball numbers.
  3. R

1000% correct. Spot on. Soufffs just need a bit more time to find an interim coach and any wonder. Who’d want that job right now? The joint is toxic!
  4. R

As the report on the news said, JD has been given a stay of execution. Obviously the club are having trouble finding an interim coach as who’d want that poisoned chalice.
  5. R

2024 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Your opinion. Ricky’s great . As I said you might be better off finding help if you’re that easily triggered by one of the games great halfbacks who is extremely loyal and protective of his players no matter which club he has coached at.
  6. R

Anyone with half a brain would except You.
  7. R

Maybe it's best you turn your TV off if you're that easily triggered. Ricky is a passionate coach, and he was a brilliant half back in League having come over Rugby union. He tells it like it is and that's refreshing to see, as he let every player know he wasn't happy in their performance...
  8. R

Where did I say she or any women referee's weren't? They should NOT be refereeing men's games as the men are stronger, faster and potentially could inflict serious injury if they were to get in the way of any of the 26 players on the field. The potential danger to women referee's is very...
  9. R

I only watch Bulldog, SSO and final matches in full. All other games I watch only highlights. Now I'll preface this by saying Women referees no doubt know the rules and I'm sure are capable in officiating games, but that should ONLY be for Womens Rugby League NOT the Men's. They have to get...
  10. R

Yeh, it's all about keeping bums on seats. Keep the fans engaged. If that was in the first half or early in the 2nd half nothing would have happened, including the academy award performance from Johnson who carried on like he'd done an ACL but managed to get up and kick the goal to send the...
  11. R

I take it most clubs have had similar situations, Bulldogs are no different when Anderson, a club legend, but had clearly stayed on longer than he should have. As they say everything comes to an end and after a while familiarity breeds contempt. One of our players, who will remain nameless...
  12. R

Well, that's partly true but respect is a two-way street and when a certain high-profile player within the playing group is getting favourable treatment over other players then you've lost the bulk of the playing group. I watched part of the presser last week after another Souffffs loss and...
  13. R

Players are simply saying they’ve had enough of the coach and are staying loyal to their fans. Demetriou will be gone early this week. No person, player or coach is bigger than the club.
  14. R

Friday 28th June 8pm at Accor. So long as we don’t get Sutton or Atkins as ref we’ll win that game. F’N hope so.
  15. R

Agree, they’re like the Eels but slightly better but don’t have the overall class or depth in their squad that the Panthers have. Only team I can see troubling Panthers are the Rorters, which pains me to say that but with uncle Nick having TPA’s like no other club they’re always going to be hard...
  16. R

We were Sutton’d in that game. Without him we win that game.
  17. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

It's a bit like "Beer" O'Clock........ It's 5 O'Clock somewhere. :tonguewink:
  18. R

Yeh weird hey, but looked him up as I’d never heard of him, this story, so posted the link. Just hope he’s another Greg Hartley. For those who don’t know him he was the top referee in the ‘80’s who later became a commentator on 2GB with Peter Peters (Zorba) and they were great to listen to...
  19. R

Apologies if this has been put up earlier but couldn't be bothered going through 25 pages to find out. I know it's not Bulldog related, but this guy is realizing a childhood dream on Friday and good on him. Yeh, they cop a bad rap from most fans but lets hope he's one of the better...
  20. R

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

In media circles they call it "click-bait". Throw a bit of burley out there and see how many take the bait.
  21. R

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

V'Landys should go into politics as he's continually on the "Virtue Signaling Bandwagon". Oh wait, he can't do that he'd lose power and recognition. For V'Landys to say that says a LOT about him. Should've been charged last week with his late illegal hit on JAC who is now out but that's OK...
  22. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Yeh first half was great viewing but Rorters were awful in that first half but as I’ve said umpteen times the most important person on the field is the bloke with the whistle. He controls who has possession and momentum. How does one team have 62% to 38% and then the reverse in the 2nd half...
  23. R

Why the hell was Trent Robinson blowing up? If he'd coached us, thank God he isn't, he'd have something to complain about. 'Dogs have been getting shafted by the same refs year after year. Sutton and Atkins are high on that list.
  24. R

I agree but he'll still be first picked for the Blues at FB. I'm sure the Cane Toads hope he's picked as I'd have Dylan Edwards ahead of him now.
  25. R

Just watched the replay, while not a great win it's always great to come away with the TWO points and especially over the Rorters. First half was great to watch, and I doubt I've seen a worse half from the Rorters which helped us big time. Kikau played by far and away his best game for us...
  26. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Any chance of an upset tomorrow night was quashed with the appointment of Atkins as ref. He like Sutton will bury us with penalties and six again for the Rorters. Yeh, they give us penalties when it's a bleeding obvious infringement, but they tend to give us penalties early in the game and when...
  27. R

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

As expected we’re being Sutton’d! Without him Souths wouldn’t be in this game.
  28. R

Preston in the corresponding game last year got 10 in the bin for a hip drop. Wighton does it. Nothing. if nothing comes out of this hit on Preston the game is a total joke!
  29. R

Great effort from the boys but need to complete our sets and it does make it hard when we’re getting Sutton’d. how is that Burton got knocked down late by Hawkins, no penalty. Yet Latrell gets a penalty for an academy award fall and the takes out JAC who’s now out for the rest of the game.
  30. R

2024 Round 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Panthers look on track for a 4th premiership. Did it without their best player as well. Great win over the Rorters, that's another W in the column against the Rorters who haven't beaten the Panthers since 2019. Couldn't possibly tip the Rorters even though they had a lot in their favour...
  31. R

Sutton Appointed again to bulldogs vs Rabbitohs game.

Here's the stats from this corresponding game last year. 11 to 3 penalties against us and the icing on the cake from Sutton was the ridiculous sin binning of Preston for a Hip Drop. Funny how we don't hear about them now. Well at least not until this game on Friday. Soufffs 19+ unfortunately...
  32. R

No wonder Sportsbet put Souffffs up at $1.45 and they haven't won a game so far and looked worse than what we've been the last 2 seasons. Can't have the Rabbits losing 4 in a row so the one way to fix that is......
  33. R

Not called the National Rort League for no reason.
  34. R

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

Not knocking the guy but why do we persist with Max King as a prop? Love his workload and effort. He's re-signed to the end of 2027 which is great but compared to other teams he just doesn't have the size of other props. He's more a lock, which he has played previously, or a 2nd rower. We need...
  35. R

Kurt Mann is so underrated

Kaylin Ponga thinks so too and that's only the tackle's on field. :-)
  36. R

Just on another note, when the attacking side put up a bomb and FB or winger are measuring it to take it with a defender bearing down on them. Sometimes in this situation there are clear grounds for a penalty when the player has been tackled while in the air and then play on when the FB...
  37. R

Potential is there for the "ugg boot insole" to be on report and sent to the bin after a number of reckless swinging arm tackles in the Titans game. On form we should win easily but if Sutton, Atkins, ref this game then we're a million to one to get the win. Ziggy or Butler we're about...
  38. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

I know one hot day doesn't make a summer so I'm not getting too carried away with this win, albeit an impressive and welcome return to form but can anyone explain how Souffffs are showing $1.45! and 'Dogs are showing $2.75 on Sportsbet next Friday? I know Soufffs are probably due for a win, but...
  39. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Well done boys on a great win. Not the greatest game I've ever seen but a win's a win and keeping the opposition scoreless is always a good thing. My only negative, had to record this match, but I'm finding it increasing difficult to watch these matches in full due to the terrible officiating...
  40. R

Who will win the premiership?

So long as the two teams playing tonight don't win the comp, I'll be happy. Much rather see the Panthers make it 4 in a row as they're great to watch when they're on song, which is most of the time. Only serious threat to them, unfortunately are the Rorters. I know it's only early in the...
  41. R

News NRL drops referee

National Rort League
  42. R

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

Yeh it’s pretty weird how everyone gets punished but the person responsible for the F Bomb tirade. That said I believe all radio stations have a 7 second delay to stop anything illegal or swearing to be aired. So whoever thought that was OK was sorely mistaken it seems.
  43. R

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

some on here just don’t get it. yes the youth hear worse probably at school, those who who attend, that is. Point here is Leniu cops 8 weeks for a racial slur towards another player. Another Pacific Islander player from Manly said he’s experienced the same if not worse and has heard a lot...
  44. R

He should get the same as Leniu if not more. 4 for opening his mouth before Leniu case had been heard, another 4 for the F Bomb tsunami and 2 extra for playing with Souffffs! Goes on a F Bomb rant on Triple M radio and said I don't care if I'm swearing. What a role model that is! Then Abdo...
  45. R

2024 Round 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Only just flicked on the game 5 mins ago and once again the NRL officiating is one of the main reasons I’m turned off watching the game. Clue: can someone, anyone thank G Sutton for his services to the game and wish him all the best in his future endeavours as he is destroying the game with...
  46. R

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Good tough first half from the boys. Once again we’re getting did referee and bunker calls. Nothing much has changed from last year. Ref is reffing like he’s on Sharks head to head and multi’s with Pointsbet.
  47. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Agree, the penalty and the NRL are a joke! What was said was wrong, but it was heat of the moment stuff. Unfortunately, in these social media / politically correct days you're either cancelled or made an example of. Years ago, players would settle things on the field with their fists, not that...
  48. R

Not sure what you're on about re the Eels '22 discussions but I was proven right again when all I've stated they're not premiership contenders under Brad Arthur. A lot of players have left the club and while they have the nucleus of a very good team they also lack overall depth in their squad...
  49. R

No worries, but if you're a betting man and I take it you are with Verry Elleegant as your avatar, then you can get on with me that Manly to win or even finish top 4 on Betfair. At least we are building a solid foundation with depth, just have a look at our NSW Cup team. Papalii is getting...
  50. R

Must be something in the water or some on here are dreaming. Manly to win the comp. After one round they’re premiership material. OMG they’re coached by Seibold and have Woods on their roster. This must be are you OK week. I am now thanks for the laugh guys!
  51. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Nowadays I’m not sure . Have to google that one or better still ask Siri.
  52. R

The most pertinent point in your post is “gambling responsibly of course”. Not because I’m anti gambling, although it is a problem for many. Every club have their pros and cons. While Brooks seems to have settled into his new club well, it’s very early days and Turbo is one serious injury away...
  53. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Understand and agree with pretty much of what you've said, especially it being a shitshow. It was reported Leniu was on the end of a spray prior to his racial slur but has since said he was brought up in Mt Druitt and one thing, we don't do is snitch. So that tells me he won't divulge anything...
  54. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Just saw Thurston on the news saying he believes Leniu should've got more than 8 weeks! If this is what the game has come to, then the game is fucked. If Thurston truly believes that's worth more than 8 weeks, I have a Christmas book, I received as a gift, on Thurston that I'm willing to sell...
  55. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

Not only is the penalty a joke the NRL are a joke. Spend huge $$$$$ on the Las Vegas venture to promote the game but the main purpose of the venture was to make more in gambling $$$$$ in the gambling capital of the world, now that the online gambling market is opening up in the US...
  56. R

Leniu gets 8 weeks

4 for the slur and 4 for joining the Rorters. If he'd joined the 'Dogs he'd be out for half the season.
  57. R

I'd have Warriors ahead of the Eels in making the Grand Final IMO. Think Fletch on Fox made the claim that they would make the GF this year. They're a big mobile squad and getting Capewell will only help them.
  58. R

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Media have milked this Leniu saga for all they can. What he said was wrong but honestly, it's hardly the crime of the century. This is the result of banning the biff. No, I'm not saying they shouldn't have as that was a bad look for the game, but guys caught fighting were given a month tops, if...
  59. R

News Sam kasiano released from Warrington

Hand on heart I did not read your post until I posted mine. Was the first thing that came to my mind as well. I'd say people would've seen glaciers move quicker than him now.
  60. R

News Sam kasiano released from Warrington

We may have to throw in a walking frame and wheelchair to training and games to seal the deal. :tonguewink:
  61. R

Panthers to make it 4 in a row but that's where the streak ends. Losing Luai and a few others at years end will see them drop out of Grand Final contention. Their biggest threat will be IMO the Rorters. The "Godfather" doesn't like losing for too long so will use his ace card in TPA's, that...
  62. R

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I'll watch the Doggies play whenever I can but after watching the officiating in this game, I doubt I'll be watching many other games this season. Interest factor = 0
  63. R

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

100%. And they're trying to sell this crap to the US. Hughes was no way obstructed. Officiating is still a farce and making the game an absolute joke.
  64. R

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Here we go again with the media pumping up the EELs as title contenders. Love to have a $ for every time I’ve heard that. No doubt Eels have the nucleus of a good side but they lack depth and don’t have a coach that is capable of winning a premiership. They were extremely lucky to make...
  65. R

The NRL hits Las Vegas, where results on and off the field could be explosive

I’m no fan of the Rorters or Robinson but I find it funny how people see or interpret things differently. Robinson is merely saying that he wouldn’t comment further on it as he didn’t hear what was said. Maybe the word right was a bad choice of wording. I see it as he wasn’t going to buy into...
  66. R

Exactly, some on here are talking about Robinson insinuating Mam is lying. What are they mind readers. That's ridiculous, he never said anything like that.
  67. R

I'm no fan of the Rorters but can someone tell me where did Robinson say anything about Mam being a liar? He simply made no comment as he didn't know what was said or if anything was said. How does that imply that Mam is lying. The NRL will do what they need to do to get to the bottom of...
  68. R

V'landys main purpose for Vegas was not to win over the American public with the game, it's very hard to change people's views with NFL so entrenched in the US from grass roots level. His main aim is for gambling $$$$$$. Unlike Australia you cannot bet online or app. They don't have TAB's or...
  69. R

Not quite right. It was Rupert's father Keith who started the empire and virtually turned the course of the Gallipoli campaign of the first world war, by reporting back to the then prime minister of Australia about what was really happening as what was previously being reported was far from...
  70. R

No doubt a successful venture and a great spectacle but knowing how the yanks can sell ice blocks to Eskimo’s and P V’L only focussed on $$$$$$ I’d be worried of more changes to the game after reading some of the US reporters comments that could turn Rugby League into NFL coverage. One US...
  71. R

Sorry my bad. A Turbo injury will be the icing on the cake.
  72. R

If you’re a Manly Sea Eagles fan you’re just hoping Turbo gets through the game unscathed. He’s one injury away from retirement IMO and they’re risking him in a smaller and supposedly harder surface. If he’s injured again that’s Manly’s season over.
  73. R

Round One starts next Friday night, for me at least. NO Bulldogs playing in Vegas so I'm really not that interested but I'll watch for the spectacle. Talk is the surface is harder than most Australian grounds so potential for injuries could be a lot higher, especially being round ONE and...
  74. R

Paul Vaughan

Both Vaughn and Dufty were given a ONE-year lifeline by the Bulldogs, it was never any more than that. Vaughn was past his best which was when he played for the Raiders and only stood out in our pack as they were, at the time, absolute shite! Close thread!
  75. R

Official RFM granted immediate release

You might be onto something there as I clearly remember after RFM had been out of the team for an extended period with injury he came back and stayed in reserves in what I thought was hugely inordinate amount of time. Thought, why would a guy be a regular first grader, then cop an injury, and...
  76. R

2024 Ladder Competition

1. Panthers 2. Roosters 3. Broncos 4. Storm 5. Knights 6. Souths 7. Warriors 8. Sharks 9. Manly 10. Bulldogs 11. Eels 12. Cowboys 13. Raiders 14. Titans 15. West Tigers 16. Dolphins 17. Saints
  77. R

Official RFM granted immediate release

Been a great servant to the club over the years but clearly not up to first grade going off his form for us in recent years. Maybe that had something to do with being named captain which put him in an unenviable position between the playing group and club management. No doubt a mistake naming...
  78. R

The Tennis Thread

Women’s Tennis is bad enough watching 3 sets let alone best of 5. I turned off after all I saw were double faults and unforced errors after unforced errors and that was the Final. Yet people pay to watch that. It’s at an all time low. Half their luck getting the same prize money as the men but...
  79. R

The Tennis Thread

Sinner is a Winner! Fully deserved as he was clearly the best player throughout the tournament. Congratulations Jannik on your first Grand Slam, Australian Open win.
  80. R

The Tennis Thread

I've only just flicked over to see who had won as I can't watch Women's Tennis anymore and watching this last game illustrates why as the level of Women's Tennis is at an all-time low. Nearly every point has been won on an unforced error. Half their luck in getting the same prizemoney as the...
  81. R

The Tennis Thread

That was reported earlier in the tournament and at this stage they are only allegations. Everyone deserves the presumption of innocence before proven guilty. NRL players have been charged but others have been exonerated, e.g. Josh Reynolds.
  82. R

The Tennis Thread

Two reasons for that: 1 - he’s Russian and 2 - he’s a lying smart arse cheat. Watch the Netflix Doco to see that. Hope Sinner wipes the floor with him, which I think he will. Zverev not only choked but produced a lot of unforced errors, plus he was in his 1st ever Grand Slam Semi-Final...
  83. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Who would've thought, doctored pitches in India. At least they're playing traditional Test Match Cricket not this Day/Night, Pink Ball, commercially driven crap! It's the "Test Match" you have when you don't actually have a Test Match.
  84. R

The Tennis Thread

Yes I saw that but I’ve also seen the 2nd Series and while Zverev is no angel either if you have seen the episode when they both played one another on clay you would clearly see how bad Medvedev actually is. Camera doesn’t lie.
  85. R

The Tennis Thread

What happened was Zverev was playing his best Tennis ever for the first 2 and a half sets. His first serve was up around 88 - 90%. Alcaraz was way off his game and it looked like an early night until the pendulum swung and Zverev started showing signs of mental fatigue and Alcaraz started played...
  86. R

The Tennis Thread

Alcaraz putting in his worst performance of his Grand Slam career while Zverev is playing his best tennis ever. Djokovic must be laughing but hope and pray Sinner can cause an upset against the arrogant one. On a side note I know it will never happen but surely it’s high time the Australian...
  87. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Johnson has just played himself into the T20 world cup squad after this performance tonight.
  88. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Love any form of Cricket but Test match is, was and always will be the purest form of the game IMO. That said how sad is it to see the slow demise of the purest form of the game with the West Indies fielding a 2nd rate Test side and a further dent for the future of Test Cricket is PINK ball, Day...
  89. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

With Silk now gone they should go on and win it but it's never over until it's over and the Sixers seem to always find a way to win, conversely the Heat find a way to lose more often than not.
  90. R

I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've heard.........

And here we go again. Channel 9 sport tonight had a segment on the Eels about this being their year yet again. This could be a record though as it has come 5 to 6 weeks out from the start of the season. Interviewed Moses and talked up how well the team is prepared for this year, especially...
  91. R

The Tennis Thread

Novak will probably go town as the G.O.A.T but he's either been feigning injury or claiming to be sick for more than a decade now. I've seen him years ago at the Australian Open hobbling around the court and on the brink of forfeiting matches, even the commentary stated, "he looks close to...
  92. R

The Tennis Thread

Di Minaur has developed a lot in recent years and beaten 3 top 10 ranked players prior to the Australian Open. No doubt he’s earned his way into the top 10. That said he is coming through the softer side of the draw, currently playing another unseeded player. Had a first round default win, then...
  93. R

The Tennis Thread

If you think the guys between 3-20 are average then how bad is the current level with the women? Haven’t watched any women’s Tennis since Barty retired and before her maybe the odd final or two but never really interested since Graff retired. Good luck to the women tennis players getting equal...
  94. R

The Tennis Thread

Novak doesn’t seem to age he looks as fit as he ever has. Looks right on track for another Grand Slam win, seems like he’s playing well within himself and seemingly has gears whenever needed when in trouble. Looks like the coach playing against his pupils. That said most will be hoping Alcaraz...
  95. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

"Just Stop". I will if you do! Oh, I forgot this must be your full-time job as a troll on a cricket thread on a Bulldogs Forum site! Come back after a couple of years and you still haven't had a break from posting every hour on the hour. How friggin' sad!
  96. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

As you said Mr Cricket the only one whole batting and he was called that for a reason, but didn’t do every time he played. Punter and Tubbs never did it while batting only when fielding in slips. Finch is a classic example of one who thought he was a lot better than he actually was, should’ve...
  97. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Talking Australian players, smart arse! Viv was the master and while he had that air of arrogance he was entitled as he backed that up in all aspects of the game.
  98. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Thunder fans should get a refund for what they got this season. Hales hasn’t been great but has shown glimpses of form lately. Doubt Warner will play next season after competing in the IPL and then the 20/20 World Cup in the Caribbean and US. Gilkes and Tanveer are very ordinary and need to be...
  99. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

For who? Carey hasn’t been too bad of late. Yes he was playing a lot better up until the Ashes but hadn’t been playing as well since but has shown clear signs of returning to something near his best. J Inglis is NOT a Test Wicketkeeper or player for that matter. He was lucky IMO to be selected...
  100. R

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Thunder management need to do what Bulldogs have done and bring in 10 new players for next season. They’re embarrassing!