Search results

1. B

News Bulldog Lafai keen on Barrett NRL rebuild

Just adds to the mystery doesn’t it Right centre is normally the stronger defender as teams attack better to the left.So now Averillo has to forge a new combination on the right.Lol I give up and will just drink my beer
  2. B

Official Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Was told he was to slow on the weekend and Sue had a week off with a knee injury and was between Renouf and Ogden to make way this week. Don’t know why we change a winning team but that’s business.
  3. B

Same with Averillo’s defence but maybe a late change.I just wonder the reason why we signed him at his age but am thinking he will get more metres than the others.Not that I think that will win games but smarter men than you and I make those decisions.
  4. B

Lafai in for his defence so will start right.
  5. B

Dogs vs parra

Nailed it ,Holland dropped for Lafai.
  6. B

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

Hope you get to watch a replay,wins are few and far between
  7. B

Am up the coast for a few days mate but will try and get some info when I can.Only thing I hear is needs a rest but we don’t have enough troops left
  8. B

News (ABC) Knights ban most Bulldogs fans from attending game

Knights fans are very passionate and verbal but thankfully there was only 3.5 k of them there and the rain and the loss made them leave without having to listen to their excuses.Every time Ponga made a mistake I told the supporters around me that was another million dollars down the drain lol.
  9. B

It’s so hard for the referee to monitor that and the touchies don’t seem to be helping him but yes they were and also they are a well drilled defensive side around the play the ball and get off the line quickly.The conditions were a lot worse than the tv would have shown which only gives further...
  10. B

Opinion What was the most pleasing thing about today's win?

The game plan.K.I.S.S.and executed brilliantly.Smart team selection and the faith shown in the players by the coach.
  11. B

Rd 11 Dogs vs Knights 3-2-1

Tolman Lewis Napa
  12. B

I was at the game today as well and agree with all you said,the conditions in the 2nd half were against the dogs.I thought Napa had his best game of the year and Lewis had a strong all round game.Was never going to be easy for Wakeham to play in those conditions but hopefully he will learn from...
  13. B

Yeh he has been killing it with the Dragons...
  14. B

Available but not a walk up start.
  15. B

News (ABC) Knights ban most Bulldogs fans from attending game

See you all there,bring a raincoat
  16. B

Katoa and Wakeham on bench.!!! No Smith...
  17. B

Our dummy halves have to kick more often to take pressure off Lewis and to keep opposition from just targeting him.Both JMK and Katoa kicked in first half but neither in the second and Lewis doesn’t have the experience to handle a game plan on his own. Am sure the coach will have highlighted...
  18. B

You are kidding...ball player is not passing to someone “backing up” it is about putting players through gaps on the outside or furthering the attacking sequence of the shape that is being created. Under 12’s terminology ..backing up ....lmao... Move on...
  19. B

No argument here with Jacko but Mariner was bought as a ball playing back rower and that is far from the truth.The team desperately need a ball player out wide to bring the outside attackers into play and that includes the fullback.As it is other coaches only need to bring their centre up and in...
  20. B

Smith played his best football when he was on the wing.....outside Holland. That was our best combination we have had and neither player has been the same since.He got disinterested last year playing outside Hoppa because he saw little ball and then wanted to play centre
  21. B

He has two players outside him that he never uses.Is a ball hog and keeps stepping back into ruck.Is a runner only not a ball player.Has not passed a ball to an outside man and seldom even off loads for 2nd phase.
  22. B

Weather forecast is for very heavy rain
  23. B

Good to see a coach who will pick and stick,no doubt a few players have been put on notice which is how it should be.Lafai couldn’t make the dragons team and we nearly beat them twice this year and we are distant last,What makes anyone think he is an improvement.Without ball playing back rowers...
  24. B

Rd 10 Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Solid game ?? This forum crucifies players for missing a tackle in a game,dropping balls,bad passes etc and you think that was a solid game...Try was laid on for him and never had to beat a player.Has had opportunity at back before and is regarded as 3rd string fullback. I know I have been...
  25. B

Rd 10 Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Am I the only one who saw Meaney run down a skinny blind and when going into touch threw the ball to a Dragon player.That was a huge fuck up as we were 12 in front and early tackle.Also the 2 non contested bombs that both led to tries..Fullbacks are expected to at least contest them.
  26. B

News Kent (Triple M) reveals the toll of the in fighting

Kent is upset because he was set up for failure with a story that was talked about on the kennel.To make it look like he doesn’t follow this site he comes up with this pure B.S. Busted Kent ....
  27. B

Hit list 2021

28. B

Hit list 2021

Thompson still needs a few games to get used to the pace of NRL,got caught out on the inside cover of Tolman yesterday when Dragons scored but still hopeful he will live up to expectations
  29. B

Hit list 2021

Lafai signed can play next week if fit enough
  30. B

Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

The attack coach takes over and we can score points with great shapes in attack.Lazy defence by Tolman and Meaney not attacking a high kick and going into touch were game killers.Better effort than the last few weeks for sure.
  31. B

This week is simple,he hadn’t trained because of the few days isolation,the disruption with the Pay walking away.Coach went with tried centre in Dutchy who btw hasn’t had a chance at centre for quite awhile. So no there is no conspiracy against Av,just he needs time and really he is a half but...
  32. B

Broncos do have 8 run on players injured..No side can expect to win with that but they still do have quality on the field who should be doing better
  33. B

If Averillo isn’t 18 th man then yes
  34. B

Those members who said we played Broncos back into form please put your hand out to the side of your face and slap the idiot at the end of it. Lol ....
  35. B

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Did you suggest playing Meaney at centre.? For fuck sake put the pipe away and seek help.
  36. B

Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Was signed 2 weeks ago I heard
  37. B

Dogs offer Foran 1 year deal at 75% pay cut

Board asked him twice to medically retire and now they are offering him a contract !!! The lunatics are running the asylum...
  38. B

I bet this is not with ball in hand.!!!! Chasing kicks I wager,must have short bursts because he is never first defender chasing a kick.
  39. B

I said bigger not taller...move on ...twin dicks
  40. B

Under 12’s have bigger fullbacks
  41. B

News EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler reveal plans for fixing broken Bulldogs

Silastic fill the gap better than Meaney and be harder to knock over.
  42. B

CHN-JO, Your Next Move The Most Important In Your Career

Chn signing with Dragons is what I’m hearing..
  43. B

News NRL legend Ben Elias blasts Canterbury Bulldogs’ Board for broken promises

Player representatives have fronted Hill with questions for years on various topics and Tolman is one of those.There was an questionnaire conducted by an independent company at the end of 2018 as requested by both parties on the pretents of anonymity.The results were taken on board and S.F.A was...
  44. B

Recruits on Pay's watch

Where is your evidence? Dwz was signed on good coin not minimum as he was an International player.Two Dicks in hand again
  45. B

Recruits on Pay's watch

Nick Meaney was signed for 300k per year for 3 years,,move on dribbler
  46. B

Views on Current Circumstances

Dean Pay was not handcuffed in his time at the club,he got who he asked for in assistants and was happy with those that were in place.The only player the board said no to was Grub and that was what led to him leaving.He had years to set junior development in place but chose to ignore it.He did...
  47. B

No,but why name 4 halves?
  48. B

Only squad has been picked,plenty of time to change it up.Take a chill pill and wait for game day
  49. B

Coach has only 10 weeks in the chair and the year is toast anyway,injuries,virus crap and suspension leave us with about 22 or 23 fit players so no one expect any miracles.At least this coach has communication skills and players know where they stand. Long process just begun and I for one am...
  50. B

Not much else to do,only 22 fit players left
  51. B

Lewis in,Wakeham out Holland right centre,Meaney fullback Dwz right wing.Katoa bench ,Jmk start .Renouf out injured
  52. B

Georgallis and rest of 2020

Harper let go so can fit CHN and Ok into squad..whenever committee get off arse and make a decision
  53. B

Georgallis and rest of 2020

Lewis back in,Wakeham dropped.Holland right centre.Meaney fullback ,DWZ wing...Katoa bench? Jmk to start.Renouf out injured only a week.
  54. B

Official Dean Pay quits

May all be a mute point if the virus spreads and game is shut down.Looking more a possibility every day
  55. B

Official Dean Pay quits

He ruined your career and reputation as someone who actually knew anything about how a football team works.....move on
  56. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Not yet
  57. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Wouldn’t waste my time move on....
  58. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Give the bloke a chance lol,team has to be announced today and not as if he has an immortal hiding in the shadows ready to step up.Suspension to Smith ,Averillo out etc,don’t think anything will change this week.
  59. B

Official Dean Pay quits

I’ve got no other plans lol
  60. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Elvis has left the building....thank you very much
  61. B

Official Dean Pay quits

It’s a perfect opportunity for a coach to show he is a career coach and establish a junior development structure and show smart player buying and retention skills with a powerful rich club.
  62. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Those feeling sorry for Pay,remember he has ruined the careers of a few players by his selection/ non selection policy.Those players may never be picked up by other teams in the NRL.
  63. B

Official Dean Pay quits

Lots of smiles at Belmore today
  64. B

News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Believe that Pay will stay the year out as a $$$$ saver against paying for interim coach.Season is a write off anyway so can’t see the club spending coin on a new coach for the rest of this year. Today’s review was held by assistant coaches with Pay not even attending,no sight or word on Dragon...
  65. B

News Silence is deafening: Dogs coach urges club board to make a call on his future

The place is riddled with Anderson and Hill cronies,Some employed as favours for past deeds.
  66. B

News Silence is deafening: Dogs coach urges club board to make a call on his future

Reality is they create a jobs for the boys scenario and fill the place with mates and yes men.
  67. B

News Bulldogs-bound Lafai to become next Dragon to depart

The emphasis was on what Pay has done as a coach and that Lafai is not the answer
  68. B

Depends where you get the stats from,Your Hoppa ones include games at fullback so please do not think your figures are always correct
  69. B

Holland 2018:Last time he played right centre before being shifted Tries. 6 Try assists 4 Line breaks 7 Line break assists 8 Tackle breaks 63 Missed tackles28 Offloads 43 Errors 14 Metres gained 107/game Games 20 Also had the best stats of any centre in the NRL for the last quarter of the...
  70. B

The reasons he gives for the losses are the same reasons every coach could trot out when their team loses.He has blamed a lot of things,players etc but he should include himself and his staff in the blame as well. There is no positives in keeping him,we need fresh ideas from a fresh coach and...
  71. B

Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

I mentioned during the week that Katoa was only playing first 20 minutes so JMK didn’t get gassed defending and would be strong at the end of the match.This was a part of the game plan devised by our coaching staff. Just wanted to ask how did we think that worked? Katoa was not hooked as most...
  72. B

There will be an announcement from the board and everyone will think we are getting a new coach....then taadaa they will reveal this and everyone will be happy that we are rebuilding......stop me please somebody lol
  73. B

It will be a start,that is what is needed.He has had near 3 years,3 off seasons,3 preseasons to mold a team of some sort and look at what we have become...A new coach at least has fresh ideas.
  74. B

Official Message from Andrew Hill

Ask Andrew Farrar what he thinks of the family club,he wants nothing to do with the place ever again.Treated like dirt.3 time premiership winner wasn’t he?.
  75. B

News 'I want to keep coaching here': Why Pay believes he's the man for Dogs job

This post needs to be repeated every day so that a few on here can understand the meaning of coaching. Kudos to you champion.
  76. B

Another coaching master stroke
  77. B

From this moment forward

Better than being a one trick pony.
  78. B

From this moment forward

The players do not love “Dean”.The ones who are leaving are quite happy to go as they are sick of their heads being screwed with by Pays tactics and team selections.Some others are holding back on re-signing,eg Elliot until they find out who the coach is.That should be enough to make the board...
  79. B

News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

Then why do you continually go on about having to sign a credentialed coach? Why not admit Pay has not fulfilled any criteria that he stated he would implement since he was signed.
  80. B

Opinion Averillo??

Lol have tried but can’t get an answer,only word is that he is not as big as Montoya or Smith and Pay likes metres gained with big bodies.
  81. B

Everything after the first paragraph is 100% bs
  82. B

As my reply indicated ..it would not matter who we got,be it a recognised coach or Joe the butcher, anybody would do,Its not the name but the ability that counts.Every coach starts at the bottom,unfortunately ours has not risen...
  83. B

Joe the butcher at Woolworths could not do a worse job in 3 years it has taken Pay to take us from a poor side to an even poorer side
  84. B

Depends on your opinion of playing better,we scoring any more points on his side of the field?Are we conceding less points? What’s your idea of improvement?
  85. B

Re-signing a dud second rower who has not fulfilled the role he was signed for is not a bonus. As for signing players from a team marginally better than us is not filling me with confidence.As for attracting a jumper sponsor how much time have they had,and yes we didn’t have one before the COVID
  86. B

News DEAN NOT PAYING OFF FOR BULLDOGS

Hooper has read it enough times on here,only writing what TK has done for him
  87. B

News Loyal Dog: Faitala-Mariner set for new deal after sniffing around

Makes it extremely hard to score points when your edge forward won’t pass to his outside men let alone look to create something with ball in hand.He continually steps off his left foot back into the ruck area,makes it very easy to defend against as other coaches are proving.
  88. B

News Loyal Dog: Faitala-Mariner set for new deal after sniffing around

Was signed as a ball playing back rower,what happened?