Search results

1. Micko1979

2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

Did we miss Toomaga or just play terrible? Obviously halves can’t close out a game?
  2. Micko1979

Reimis Smith in for Montoya

It would be good to see somebody instead of Montoya that backs themselves
  3. Micko1979

Renouf To'omaga

That was one of the better offloads you will see in today's game. Perfect flat pass to the chest in traffic with defenders hovering. He keeps that up and could be a good first grader or better. Certainly has potential.
  4. Micko1979

Phil Gould

It's because we rejected him and we're always better than Penrith
  5. Micko1979

Phil Gould

This is so true. Although Panthers not Tigers for mine. But both are below the other four. Souths and Saints have such great history and support. And Parra and Canterbury are loved or despised by everybody. If every other Sydney team folded the game would be strong as ever with just those...
  6. Micko1979

Opinions on Klemmer coming off the bench?

I hope so too mate.
  7. Micko1979

Coaching is tough

That's a confidence thing. Watch the Dragons this year compared to three years ago. Everyone is supporting. It will come, the team needs time
  8. Micko1979

Coaching is tough

How much blame can be laid on Pay for that and not the players though?
  9. Micko1979

Coaching is tough

Pay is a rookie coach and may take a while to learn how to be a good first grade coach. But he has shown some good things imo. Moving Mbye to fullback. Moving JMK to hooker and dropping Licha. Hollands bench role. Benching Klemmer. Giving Martin a start and letting him play 80. All things that...
  10. Micko1979

I think Mbye turned the corner last night. He took a fantastic offload from Toomaga, followed through numerous times and was there every time we made a half break. The main problem is Woods not throwing a conventional offload, he draws in players and looks to pop a pass backwards, not to either...
  11. Micko1979

Can't change a winning formula now. Our forwards are winning the battle consistently because Klem lifts the team at the twenty minute mark. But we really need some impact from our younger forwards over the next few years.
  12. Micko1979

Hollands Bench Role

He has probably found his position. I think he deserves Montoyas spot but the team would lose if we didn't get that impact at hooker.
  13. Micko1979

Where is the press conference?

It's quite strange, normally up by now
  14. Micko1979

Where is the press conference?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/11/bulldogs-press-conference---round-10/
  15. Micko1979

Dogs beat Eels but future still bleak

That's a disgustingly negative article from the NRL.
  16. Micko1979

Round 10: Dogs Vs Eels 3-2-1

3. Klemmer 2. Elliot 1. Morris
  17. Micko1979

Renouf To'omaga

Had a great first game with very limited minutes. Nice offload, good carries and tackled his arse off.
  18. Micko1979

Cheers mate. Not too much different from what I heard. Any idea on who we could lose?

Cheers mate. Not too much different from what I heard. Any idea on who we could lose?
  19. Micko1979

Salary cap??? Just wondering how bad it really is. And any idea who we will release

Salary cap??? Just wondering how bad it really is. And any idea who we will release
  20. Micko1979

Why Michael Maguire cancelled his interview with the Canterbury Bulldogs

This certainly sounds right. Kent was blowing Haslers horn and probably still is. So he is pushing his agenda. Clearly our club is in salary cap trouble but the journos are making it out to be worse than it is.
  21. Micko1979

Why Foran either needs to improve, or be released.

He will be great for the club in the long run by teaching the young halves. Remember he only has two more years then he is free to go. I believe he may look to retire and move into a coaching role around that time. Better off releasing almost any other player, we simply don't have any player...
  22. Micko1979

Should we have kept Kevin Moore as coach?

looking back I think it would have been in the best interests of the club long term. Hasler obviously was a poor fit and certainly brought the club to its knees. Moore may have given us a premiership in the same time.
  23. Micko1979

Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Fucking beautiful work Dean Pay. Best news I have heard this year. Stick it up the bastards
  24. Micko1979

Cogger watch

I think the thread has taken enough of a twist. Let's all keep talking up Cogs our next halfback we so desperately need
  25. Micko1979

Renouf To'omaga

It would not surprise me if he makes his debut against the Eels. He certainly will get a chance this year. Great to see some young talent coming through in such a terrible year for first grade
  26. Micko1979

Cogger watch

We let JT go because of the salary cap. We had no choice but to let go both him and Price because we couldn't match the offers. He wasn't even close to Anasta at that point in his career. Yes he had huge potential, he actually but so did so many others. YouTube will make me look good like an...
  27. Micko1979

Cogger watch

JT struggled to make first grade and was behind both Sherwin and Anasta and didn't look close to a match winner until his season at the Cowboys. I remember almost everybody at the dogs saying it was better to keep Anasta because his size and game management was better. Obviously there was much...
  28. Micko1979

Consolidated Refs Thread

I call bullshit mate. You must be a friend of Sutton or Greenberg. Living in Oatley maybe. Sutton call on Klemmer when he simply walked up to him to question the call as captain at the time showed a lot. He marched the captain ten. Unheard of. The drop ball was obvious and even the Broncos...
  29. Micko1979

Consolidated Refs Thread

He cost us the game again. Can somebody please punch his face in
  30. Micko1979

Bulldogs to win tonight

We should have. Fuck Sutton. Can somebody bash that fuck heads head in
  31. Micko1979

Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

But the problem is he needs somebody to take control so he can run the ball
  32. Micko1979

Bulldogs to win tonight

Feeling confident
  33. Micko1979

Bulldogs to win tonight

I tipped the Broncos so thankfully that means we are sure things. Fire up DOGS!!!
  34. Micko1979

Now is the time to turn things around.

Exactly what we need. Some encouragement from the fans
  35. Micko1979

Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

This is exactly right. There is nothing wrong with debating the ins and outs but the constant attacks on players and coach is just ridiculous. I have always thought that if you don't have the balls to say it in person why type it on a screen. I doubt anybody hear would attack the players or...
  36. Micko1979

Cogger watch

Another great game from Mr Business. Easily the best signing the club has made since Foran
  37. Micko1979

Fox NRL Market Watch Podcast - talk about dire Dogs attack & spine options, and also Jack Cogger

From what I have read about him and heard the opposite is true. He is a confident kid, not at all cocky. He is a natural leader and a very good on field general.
  38. Micko1979

Woods describes our season start as "a bit of a fail".

The problem is Foran is a second receiver not a halfback. We need a halfback. Cogger will solve these issues next year. Nobody else in the lower grades is a genuine halfback. We really need a game manager and Foran try's hard but simply isn't good enough
  39. Micko1979

Cogger watch

Initials are J.C. He will be a god
  40. Micko1979

Give Cleeland a go

I don't think either will make the step up to be honest. Too many people rate our younger players too highly.
  41. Micko1979

Fox NRL Market Watch Podcast - talk about dire Dogs attack & spine options, and also Jack Cogger

Jack Cogger "this is my team now" to Ponga shows his leadership and strength of character. We have found our long term halfback
  42. Micko1979

Developing success: the rise of Penrith, the fall of Canterbury

This is a very poor stretch. We have been much better than Penrith over the timeframes. We simply do not have the junior base Penrith has. We have always been a stronger club and better at attracting experienced first graders or rep level players. The problem I see it is that we simply need to...
  43. Micko1979

Des Ball

Des ball or much better than Pay ball. Should have kept Hasler
  44. Micko1979

Cogger watch

Exactly. That's what we need. Plenty of game time. By the time he gets to us he will have enough experience to go for round one next year.
  45. Micko1979

Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

I would like to see this. Any idea when this may eventuate?
  46. Micko1979

Cogger watch

I am betting that by seasons ending Cogger will still be in first grade and showing great signs. He is coming along perfectly.
  47. Micko1979

Cogger watch

He stood up when Pearce went off. Directed the team for the short stint at the end. Good link man. He is what we need going forward.
  48. Micko1979

Cogger watch

Much better than any half we have just on today's form.
  49. Micko1979

Cogger watch

Very, very excited to see how he go's. It certainly will tell us a lot. Yes it is only one game. But with an experienced half and excited fullback which is similar to our team next year.
  50. Micko1979

Round 7 2017/2018

Hasler should have been given this year and next. With Foran and with his coaching would have had the team in the 8 or better. I blame the people who couldn't see the long game. Hasler finally has a half and we sack him, that is just stupidity. Unfortunately all we have to do is wait now and...
  51. Micko1979

Give Cleeland a go

The club needs to get rid of him and Frawley. Both are very, very average. Wakeham needs to be moved into this side and Lewis back into the halves.
  52. Micko1979

So glad it seems we have finally found our long term fullback in Mbye

He still is one of our best every week. Fullback is his position. Just need a halfback, hooker and a strike centre now
  53. Micko1979

Des Hasler MUST be sacked!

We would have been better with Hasler
  54. Micko1979

Des Hasler MUST be sacked!

If we kept Des we probably would have kept a few other players like Graham. We certainly would have a better win loss record. Pay will be sacked within four years.unfortunate but true
  55. Micko1979

Adam Elliott - I’m done

He made as many meters as our other forwards. Stop blaming the wrong people.
  56. Micko1979

Barking dog sound effect....

Been going on for years.
  57. Micko1979

Adam Elliott - I’m done

What did Elliot do that was different to last week? I think he could have been better. Don't blame our forwards tonight
  58. Micko1979

Kieran Foran

Hasler tried to bring Cook through. But he backed Licha to come good. Defensively Licha is close to the best hooker in the game. Unfortunately he offers little more.
  59. Micko1979

Kieran Foran

He's not 'his' Very annoying.
  60. Micko1979

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

This is exactly right. Where do you get stats from. Woods and Klemmer both looked like they made even more meters. Every forwards killed it tonight. Our halves were shit.
  61. Micko1979

ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

Should have won. Forwards destroyed them. We badly need a half and hooker
  62. Micko1979

ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

we lost because we didn't take the two. If we did we win by four points. Very bad coaching
  63. Micko1979

Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Let's all give Cogger a chance next year before jumping on every half that becomes available. Wakeham is going to be in first grade soon too, we hardly have enough room for JMK.
  64. Micko1979

NRL.COM The most improved player at your club.

The club is heading in the right direction with Mbye, Foran, RFM etc. I have a feeling that when young Wakeham and Okunbor make it to first grade we either win the comp or at the very least make the top four regularly. Big year coming up next year if Pay can coach.
  65. Micko1979

Leadership group sparked Bulldogs forwards.

They were awesome to watch. I'll never forget O'Meley smashing Gibbs and the whole pack destroying the Tigers in 2016. We have a great starting pack with the potential to do the same. But we are missing a Willie Mason type to 'fire up' the forwards. As for the thread, I think the boys need to...
  66. Micko1979

Fine's sinbining

Fair call Oats. (Lovely area, I grew up there, Letitia street, shame about it these days) Maybe I was a bit harsh.
  67. Micko1979

Lewis has to go to 1st grade

I would be very surprised if the club can afford to sign Lewis up for next year. He is not in front of the centres coming through and certainly nowhere near Cogger. Also Wakeham has to have a chance eventually. Unfortunately you can't keep them all.
  68. Micko1979

Adam Elliott - I’m done

Children are actually very honest about their mistakes, tools however.....
  69. Micko1979

Adam Elliott - I’m done

I agree, he needs more minutes not less. He is certainly a confidence player and can turn into a 65-70 minute lock with his high fitness level.
  70. Micko1979

Theory about Holland on bench.

A brilliant analysis of the game and Pay evolving as a coach. May I ask, what specific player type do you think we need to buy that aren't coming through the juniors? And what does Dean need to improve on to bring future success?
  71. Micko1979

Fine's sinbining

Lol. Very true. Normally these days you are promoted when you can't handle the job. That's why I'm in management ;-)
  72. Micko1979

Fine's sinbining

Refs are normally the nerds from back in school that never got a run and were picked on by the 'cool kids. That's why they are such vermin on the field
  73. Micko1979

Like I said maybe I am mistaken but I'm sure he was named in the halves in reserve grade last year at some point.
  74. Micko1979

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was sure I have seen him named in the halves last year. He certainly has covered that position in games in the past. Either way after watching Lewis again today I think most will agree he is far behind Zholland at this point of his career. So Pay has few other options...
  75. Micko1979

And a pretty damn good one at that. Would not be surprised if he ends up in a hooking role one day. He possesses all the qualities. Very similar to Damien Cook
  76. Micko1979

He has played in the halves a lot in his career, even in our reserves. He has a good kicking game, probably as good if not better than JMK.
  77. Micko1979

Marshall king

Licha would be killed and offer nothing as a middle forward, these days a 'lock' or number 13 plays as an extra prop with some skill.
  78. Micko1979

I agree Mbye is more versatile but certainly nobody else comes close to Holland. He can play every position Mbye can, even hooker if needed. As far as forwards though, really that's a mute point. We have three forwards on the bench that cover the forwards. Fine certainly wouldn't cover any...
  79. Micko1979

Are you and I the only two who understand this? Holland is the most versatile player in the squad.
  80. Micko1979

This is our potential.

This is right. However nobody should be judging Pay so early (good or bad) Give him the two years and see what has happened. I do think the bench needs more impact personally but he is putting the best players out there from what he has to work with
  81. Micko1979

This is our potential.

Holland plays half or fullback through most of his career outside the top grade, hardly just a winger.
  82. Micko1979

Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Great games from Elliot, Woods and RFM tonight. But our backs really set up them well with great kick return meters. About fucking time
  83. Micko1979

Adam Elliott - I’m done

Easily our best player tonight