Search results

1. Fingal Bay

BUZZ tweet

Does anyone know why Rothfield isn’t on 360 and Big Sports Breakfast? Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app
  2. Fingal Bay

News They are so weak’: Bulldogs’ ‘big deficiency’ laid bare as key selection battle slammed

When Bryce Cartwright can dominate our forwards we have a problem. Hutchinson is pedestrian and Burton is disappointing.
  3. Fingal Bay

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

SST played okay in the grand final but had a really good game in the semi-final. The player I would be trying to sign would be Wigan’s No 13 Morgan Smithies, he shows a lot of promise.
  4. Fingal Bay

Bulldogs player walks out

Every time Topine plays he has a go, he’s probably had enough because Okunbor would get picked before him, and I can’t blame him.
  5. Fingal Bay

Bulldogs player walks out

Topine and Morrin are the smallest forwards in the team and are the only ones that have a go, wish there were more like them.
  6. Fingal Bay

News PREMIERSHIP ‘Boo all you want’: The ‘terrible’ issue Ciraldo must fix; Dogs’ rare shining light — Big Hits

We’ve had the attacking and defence coaches from Penrith and we have gone backwards, where to next. They are a rabble so I won’t be renewing my membership.
  7. Fingal Bay

Opinion Defence

Ciraldo said the line defence was good didn’t he see the try that Rapana scored it was disgraceful line defence.
  8. Fingal Bay

News Disgraceful’: Dogs ‘running out of excuses’ amid huge crisis after Hunt call

We’ve had the attacking coach and the defensive coach from the Panthers and we have gone backwards. They played their best football when Potter took over and not saying that Potter should be coach but something is drastically from with the club. After the thrashing in the first round by the...
  9. Fingal Bay

Bring back Pay as defence coach for 2024!

Where is that Steve Hansen from NZ, what did he do for our club?
  10. Fingal Bay

Opinion What is our identity?

What chance have we got when we have at least 5-6 players who are very much over-paid.
  11. Fingal Bay

Addo Carr Moron Of The Year

Any footballer that wears two different coloured shoes is a bit of a worry. Just concentrate on playing football JAC.
  12. Fingal Bay

Time for mass Changes

Wilson to full-back, Burton to centre, Rajab and KO in the halves, Burns on the wing. Need some changes in the forwards but who do you replace them with. Ciraldo don’t talk more action is needed.
  13. Fingal Bay

Harrison Edwards

Much better player this year, good with the ball, hope they persevere with him.
  14. Fingal Bay

News Max king out for 4 weeks

Move RFM to the front-row, bring in Morrin or Edwards to lock forward. Those two are our future.
  15. Fingal Bay

Opinion Is it simply a Size Problem !

Watching the game against the Sharks we can’t seem to put them on the ground virtually never on their back which leads to a quick play the ball. Sharkies spread the ball and we had no hope. We don’t seem strong enough, any thoughts?
  16. Fingal Bay

Opinion Morrin

Morrin is a goer, now Topine should be given a go.
  17. Fingal Bay

Reynolds to halfback

Bulldogs went better when Reynolds came on allowing Burton to play wider. Maybe they might drop Averillo to the bench so Burton can play centre, just a thought. Also I thought Morrin played well when he came on, has a presence about him.
  18. Fingal Bay

News Riccio declares Bulldogs the biggest disappointment in opening round

It’s nothing new from Riccio he hates the Bulldogs and he is a one-eyed Sharks supporter. I would have forgotten more about Rugby League than he knows about it.
  19. Fingal Bay

Opinion How deflating seriously?

Burton and Kikau played awful, Tanner too small, Pele can’t get play longer than 10 minutes. Why wasn’t Davey on the bench before Tanner and they still persist with Waddell. We won’t go anywhere with Flanagan at half-back, maybe swap Averillo and Perham. Bring in Skeleton somewhere.
  20. Fingal Bay

News Dogs enforcer reveals new role for Ciraldo... and why he hopes it could deliver an Origin debut

I went to a training session at St Greg’s, TPJ and Kikau didn’t train that day so TPJ must have a lingering injury.
  21. Fingal Bay

News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

I thought Khaleb Rajab went OK in the trial. At one stage he pushed Reynolds out of the way to start the set which I believe is a good sign. Maybe it’s him that other clubs are interested in?
  22. Fingal Bay

Opinion Wigan player Morgan Smithies would suit the Bulldogs

Plays lock/second-row, stats show he is over 16st.
  23. Fingal Bay

Opinion Wigan player Morgan Smithies would suit the Bulldogs

I watched the Challenge Cup final on the weekend and was impressed with the way that Morgan Smithies played for Wigan. Admittedly he is a bit fiery and copped a suspension after the game, but he has a presence about him. I believe he has a lot of potential and being a long-time Bulldog supporter...
  24. Fingal Bay

Opinion Topine

Topine hasn’t played much football the last 18 months or so. If Stimson and Waddell we’re outstanding players you could understand why Topine doesn’t get a run in first grade but they are very ordinary so Topine should be selected this week and hopefully he is.
  25. Fingal Bay

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

I hope Topine gets a run. He is not to small, he is as big as Murray and Radley, etc, not as good yet but we have to find out. He is enthusiastic.
  26. Fingal Bay

News Dogs set for overhaul as ‘huge’ Barrett call could trigger $500k star’s early exit:

Greg Alexander said on radio this morning that Burton is maybe not a five-eighth, likes to run and was centre of the year last year. If he plays centre for us who plays five-eighth, bit of food for thought.
  27. Fingal Bay

Opinion Interim Coach

What about Neil Henry?
  28. Fingal Bay

Official Gus on Twitter

Gus thinks by saying nothing it will just go away, it won’t. John Khoury hasn’t said a word, the supporters are being told nothing. Gus got rid of Griffin at Penrith when they were running fourth, Barrett has a terrible coaching record and he’s still got a job. A lot of the players should be...
  29. Fingal Bay

No excuses for this side to get the spoon.

How can Barrett pick the same side every week? This team is an embarrassment to the Bulldogs, some big decisions have to be made, the sooner the better if not I won’t be renewing my membership next year.
  30. Fingal Bay

Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

Are they for real.
  31. Fingal Bay

What has to change to turn this club around?

I have been a Bulldog/Berries supporter for a very long time and wanted Barrett to be a success as a coach but I believe he is out of his depth and should be replaced, with whom who knows. Our team does everything in slow motion, Duffty is OK, Naden and Burns are not first-graders, Addo-Carr is...
  32. Fingal Bay

[update #1] Season stats so far

We need a goal-kicker and Flanagan is the best we’ve got. Maybe give him another go and if he doesn’t perform, see you later.
  33. Fingal Bay

News NRL set to grill Bulldogs over Jeremy Marshall-King HIA controversy

Several teams did the same thing last year, especially the Roosters. No complaints when they did it.
  34. Fingal Bay

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Barrett has lost the plot. Waddell shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade.
  35. Fingal Bay

Trial and I’m worried

There is no organisation in anything we do, nobody calling for the ball from the dummy-half, etc. They play like a B-grade team in everything they do. Who’s fault is that, the coach? Averillo is not up to first grade, Schoup made three mistakes in the first half, rightfully replaced. Okunbor not...
  36. Fingal Bay

The Positives

Why didn’t Cook get a run tonight?
  37. Fingal Bay

We need a halfback

Can Jackson Topine play half-back? Wouldn’t be any worse with what the present pretenders are showing.
  38. Fingal Bay

Official Membership packs

Just been in touch with the club it was my fault as you can get in touch with them and customise your pack to what you want in it (caps, scarves, etc). It was my fault as I changed my email address late last year.
  39. Fingal Bay

Official Membership packs

Just wondering if the Membership Packs have been delivered? Many thanks.
  40. Fingal Bay

Graham Annesley discusses Dogs v Manly decisions

What more can you expect from an ex-referre and politician. Full of piss and wind. He will pull the plug when the going gets tough.
  41. Fingal Bay

Official Renouf Atoni signs with roosters

Thought he had the goods but just wasn’t up to it. Same with Ogden.
  42. Fingal Bay

Jayden Okunbor

Why didn’t they wait until the end of the season to sign him as no other club would want him.
  43. Fingal Bay

Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

Would like to see BBO given a go at half-back, he would have to be better than the imposter’s playing there at the moment.
  44. Fingal Bay

Okunbor Must Go

If he’s not a footballer he should get his hair cut and look like a footballer. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
  45. Fingal Bay

Opinion Who’s your favourite Bulldog Player.

I’ve been around a long time, but it’s Les Johns for me.
  46. Fingal Bay

Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

He doesn’t move from his side of the field he just plays there the whole game. Not first grade material.
  47. Fingal Bay

Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

How come Ogden and Atoni are in the 17 this week when they weren’t picked last week when we needed some experience. Waddell, Stimson, Flanagan and Allan really should not be in first grade. We can only get better.
  48. Fingal Bay

Official Round 16 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

They got rid of Anderson, etc and we have reached the point of no return. Barrett should go and the board as well if they don’t go now they will be gone after the elections next year.
  49. Fingal Bay

Opinion Corey Waddell - what an impact he has given us today

Where is Joe Stimson, surely he wouldn’t be any worse than him?
  50. Fingal Bay

Opinion Corey Waddell - what an impact he has given us today

What does Waddell and Hopoate bring to the team and on today’s performance you would have to add Meaney as well. Averillo wasn’t to be seen in the second half after the mix-up with Napa.
  51. Fingal Bay

Media Vs Hetherington

Crawley is only on TV because his brother Steve is a head honcho at Fox. He doesn’t reply to your emails when you put a good case to him he is not a journalist. Have a good look at yourself in the mirror Paul you are a fraud.
  52. Fingal Bay

News Storm after Meaney

He is one player we should resign. Good luck to him. Whoever has the say in signing players has got no idea.
  53. Fingal Bay

News Bulldogs eye huge DWZ-Leilua swap

We are going from bad to worse.
  54. Fingal Bay

Flanagan is our immediate problem.

When Flanagan was signed Barrett said he would build a team around him. We have no hope if that is the case. Select Averillo at half-back with Lewis at five-eighth. We can’t go on selecting the same team week in week out.
  55. Fingal Bay

Cody Walker is a dog

The media tried to make a big deal about Lewis not getting replaced immediately. Nothing really about Cody Walker elbowing Meaney in the back of the head, and his grubby tactics that went on for the whole game. The media and the referees have got it in for us.
  56. Fingal Bay

Official Jackson topine debuts

I watched an interview of him and he said that he played a lot of No 9 coming through. Hope he has a good game as he will have his chance to impress with JMK injured.
  57. Fingal Bay

SACK BARRETT!!!!

Yeah where is that ex-All Blacks coach, haven’t heard a word from him for months. Probably gone.
  58. Fingal Bay

Opinion Attack

Averillo, Hopoate, Napa all gone. Jackson should retire. At least we won’t have to drop DWZ he will be suspended.
  59. Fingal Bay

We got reffed out of the game!

Watching the three games on Saturday I believe the referees have got a call from higher up to refrain from giving those six-again penalties unless really necessary. There wasn’t as many of those penalties to my way of thinking. We never get the 50/50 decisions especially when that clown Sutton...
  60. Fingal Bay

We got reffed out of the game!

I agree with everything you say. I had hope for Ogden and Atoni but I am coming to the conclusion that they are not up to first grade, and Napa is finished. We need an enforcer but can’t see any on the horizon. It’s going to be a long year, the only way is up.
  61. Fingal Bay

News Matt Burton wants out

Now we know why Cleary won’t let Burton go, he has stood down Naden for four weeks. Hopefully we get Burton after that.
  62. Fingal Bay

News Matt Burton wants out

Burton to be signed before the Annual General Meeting on Sunday?
  63. Fingal Bay

News Bouncing back: How ex-Napa can regain bruising best

Yeah and he’s on $800K for the last two years of his contract. Dean Pay wanted him I believe.
  64. Fingal Bay

Official Member Training Session Pics

Went yesterday to the training session and was impressed. There seemed to be an air of confidence about the place. Hetherington seemed to be very fit leading in all the drills. Ogden seems very lazy, which is disappointing because he has ability and it is contract year. Thomson was hard to...
  65. Fingal Bay

News The forgotten players: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Especially when he played against Steve Kneen (Cronulla).
  66. Fingal Bay

Opinion on thompson

Yes he played much better when Tolman wasn’t getting in the way. Looking forward to him playing after a full off-season.
  67. Fingal Bay

News Blake Green could reject Canterbury Bulldogs to become a Newcastle Knights coach

With the Knights going cool on Seibold as assistant coach, maybe Green could end up as assistant coach there?
  68. Fingal Bay

Opinion Worst signing last 10 years? (Poll)

Des Hasler and anyone associated with him, also a special mention for Noel Cleal.
  69. Fingal Bay

News You love to see it! (Klemmer axed from Origin)

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. Can’t handle the hard stuff.
  70. Fingal Bay

Official Round 19 - Bulldogs vs South Sydney Discussion Thread

Who picks these teams, they have got to be joking. Meaney for DWZ. Wakeham for Lewis. Just can’t believe that Chris Smith is in the team after his poor performance last week. This club can only improve it can’t get any worse.
  71. Fingal Bay

Opinion Starting 13 of Players Let Go

I think St George Dragons. Cameron Munster came down for a trial as well.
  72. Fingal Bay

RFM

Runs around like a chook with his head cut off. Should be in the middle.
  73. Fingal Bay

Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

In all honesty who would you retain for next year out of this team — NONE.
  74. Fingal Bay

Players in Motion

Well said, you should be on the coaching staff. Can’t the coaching staff see this.
  75. Fingal Bay

Official Round 17 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Discussion Thread

RFM should be in the middle and Thompson out wider.
  76. Fingal Bay

News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

Klemmer, a premium prop, you must be watching different games to me.
  77. Fingal Bay

News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

That was one of the better decisions the Bulldogs made by letting Klemmer go he would have to be one of the most over-rated props running around he won’t have a go. I am glad he’s gone.
  78. Fingal Bay

Cogger

This will be his first game with Foran (I think) and will be watching intently because I believe it will be a good pairing. Hope Cogger gets a fair go, he is better than Lewis who is not a first grader. Wakeham has been disappointing.
  79. Fingal Bay

Opinion Has Thompson been a flop or does he need better halves to work with?

He’ll be on his way home before the season is out. He will do another Doug Laughton, leave the hire car at the airport and fly back home before anyone is the wiser.
  80. Fingal Bay

Josh Jackson needs to be dropped

No wonder we are running last we are a disgrace. The only player worth keeping is Foran and that doesn’t say much. Lewis would have to be the worst half-back we have ever had, hopefully he is suspended next week. We need a complete clean-out and give some young players a go.
  81. Fingal Bay

Okunbor/CHN megathread

Maybe swap CHN for McInnes or Hunt.
  82. Fingal Bay

Barrett warned he could destroy his career at Bulldogs, Pay's final straw revealed

Laurie Daley can’t coach and he shouldn’t be advising players and coaches on not going to clubs. Dean Pay is not a first grade coach and was appointed by the old board and he would have earned good money over the last three years. Let’s move on and get some coach maybe like Griffin who has the...
  83. Fingal Bay

New coach

My how the mighty have fallen. Everything you say is true. We are ripe to be relocated.
  84. Fingal Bay

Bulldogs hang Pay out to dry

Dean Pay seems a nice bloke but is not a first grade coach. Still waiting for the madness to be unleashed.
  85. Fingal Bay

Why we lost. Is the coach or are the players at fault?

Lewis and JMK should be dropped they offer nothing and never will. We need a new wrestling coach especially after watching the Roosters, they have it down to a fine art.
  86. Fingal Bay

News COACH Pay will make up to six alterations to the team which lost to Manly

JMK should go he has nothing. Give Katoa a chance to see how he goes. I believe Cogger should be given a chance at hooker, is a tough little bugger. Lewis has had his time and it is up. Can’t understand why Wakeham was signed for another two years and they don’t pick him, should be given a go...
  87. Fingal Bay

Consolidated Pay Thread

Go all out for Bennett, Souths have their coach lined up for 2022 and Bennett wants to continue coaching. Make him an offer he can’t refuse so that he comes in 2021. Really the only coach worth chasing at the moment.
  88. Fingal Bay

6 & 7

Harper did nothing wrong when he played last year, he needs to be given a chance. Smith is not a centre.
  89. Fingal Bay

6 & 7

Ogden should be in the team before Stimson and Britt. He has a bit of mongrel in him, which we need.
  90. Fingal Bay

Changes for next week

Wakeham needs to be selected at half-back. Lewis really doesn’t add anything in attack, but defence is good. They need a player like Blake Austin in the halves. I know he has defence problems but a very good attacking player. This won’t happen but a food for thought.
  91. Fingal Bay

Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

He is always looking at himself on the TV screen. Needs to be put in his place.
  92. Fingal Bay

Opinion The R Smith Centre move/experiment

Smith hasn’t done anything in the trials playing centre, move him back to the wing and select Harper as a centre, he adds something when he plays. Wakeham had No 7 on his back, surely that means he could be ahead of Cogger, he has more in attack than the other halves. Some big decisions to make.
  93. Fingal Bay

Danny Fualalo

Spoke to him at the Leagues Club last year and he seemed a really nice bloke, very humble. I thought he was a handy replacement who wouldn’t go astray at the Warriors, a better player than Lachlan Burr. I see that they have lost another prop. You never know he still might get a contract.
  94. Fingal Bay

News Adam Elliott backs young Bulldogs Jake Averillo and Renouf To’omaga to have breakout 2020 seasons

I don’t believe he is a first grader, doesn’t use his size in attack and terrible in defence. If he had his hair cut at least he would look like a footballer.
  95. Fingal Bay

Andersons

96. Fingal Bay

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

I really think that Cogger should play this week just to see how he goes with Foran. Lewis is not the answer, he defends well and his kicking could be better. This weeks game means nothing so Pay should try things.
  97. Fingal Bay

Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain

Pat Carrigan at the Broncos looks very promising, but I think we have already tried to sign him.